• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see a Bowser's castle stage in some form.
Like seeing the castle in the background, with lava and platforms in the foreground, with those little fire guys jumping up and down at the sides or something.
Or a wheel of fire in the middle of the stage.

Bowser needs some love Sakurai! :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Year of Diddy Kong please.

Even though, that could best be saved for 2016? That year, it's the Year of the Monkey. Next year is Year of the Horse, so Yoshi fits.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
One thing makes me wonder though... What character would fit in the Year of the Goat? Comes after horse, but before the monkey.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Dos anyone think next year will be the Year of Yoshi, if that's the case, I think Yoshi is being revealed next year in January
Yarn Yoshi and the new Yoshi's island. I can see it possibly happening; Luigi got 2 games and DLC expansion.
But the whole year of the Luigi thing seems to be a 1 time thing.

I like the sound of Year of the monkey Kong, with a possible new DKC game and a DK 64 sequel?? sign me up

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Year of Diddy cause he's been having it rough lately in the series. He's no longer fully playable, outside of Multiplayer. And even then, he's interswitchable between Dixie and the 4th helper. I'm still bugged by that, and how Player 1 = DK locked in Tropical Freeze multiplayer.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Happy Birthday, KingofPhantoms47. Footstool Jump was pretty fun, imo. Seeing it return with a nice visual effect is pretty cool.

It's no Zelda/Sheik, but still nice to have back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In a more serious note, I doubt they'd do any other 'Year of ...' again after Luigi's ended. It's basically only a clever ruse to put Mario even more in the spotlight, and promote Mario & Luigi, Mansion 2 and release New Super Luigi U without having to hear **** from fans.

I did this also the discredit the Year of WAAA cause that would be the year where my life ended.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Year of the WAAAAA.

I wouldn't care for most of it, but if it meant Waluigi would finally get to be in a Wario Land or Wario Ware game, then I'd be in.
Would you cry tears of joy if he got in?

Sad part is, I see him being a playable SSB character before appearing in a Wario game. XD

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I dislike February only for Black History Month...
Only for the people/things I had to deal with in that month.

I've watched Roots like 8 times from middle to high school
:laugh: :laugh: we didn't do **** for black history month after middle school ended

I don't get Black History Month. I mean, shouldn't those events just be discussed to in regular history classes? It's not like it's in some alternative timeline or something... History is history.
I agree with this, but at the same time, I can understand why some people out there would want BHM to exist

I feel like it's more for the older generations who feel like blacks as a whole are entitled to a time that is dedicated solely to reflecting on black history and how far they've come (for reasons that are obvious)

again, not saying I agree with it, but I understand

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I understand it to, it creates more awareness. Yet who focus on only 1 month though? Why not, you know, make those topics more apperant in regular history classes?

Something more on-topic, and posted earlier today by me in the K.Rool thread:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Year of the WAAAAA.

I wouldn't care for most of it, but if it meant Waluigi would finally get to be in a Wario Land or Wario Ware game, then I'd be in.

Why not give him HIS OWN GAME!?!?!?

Remake Wario Land Virtual Boy on the 3DS but give it to Waluigi. Give him a chance to represent awesome 3D styled things.

???

Profit!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Got in Smash Bros or in a main Wario or Mario game?
Smash Bros. There are no "Main" Mario games anyway. Spin-offs ultimately are the games not on a Nintendo system. You could argue that the RPG's and Dr. Mario take place in a different dimension, though.. Miyamoto views it differently from us. Super Mario 64 happens just the same as Mario Party 1. All one big thing. Or to put it another way, Main is a very incorrect term to apply to a Mario game. There's only Genres, and that's it. He also, oddly enough, calls Super Mario Galaxy 2 non-canon. Besides that and Hotel Mario, he's never talked about any game's canonicity.

So... yeah, no such thing as a Main Mario game. Wario, though, they're all Main. Possibly the Virtual Boy version of Wario Land might not be part of his regular games, but that's just a guess. I can't tell where Wario World happens, but the original Wario Lands do appear to happen before WarioWare. Shake It may be a sequel to Wario Land 4/Wario World/Wario Land(VB), though.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
well, it's 1 month annually lol

I'm just going to finish it off with this: if you knew that your people had such rich history to be shared with the world

would you want it to be just more or less passing mentions in overall history observation?

or would you want it to be more of a focus even if it means just a month?

you can apply this to any race or culture of people too, not just blacks

now as far as Waluigi goes, he hasn't been in a "main" Mario game now and it's been years since his debut, so I kinda doubt that he ever will be

especially since Wario has already branched off from the Mario series

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
See, it wouldn't be so bad though if he got some legitimate games and had a more developed character.

But he won't. I'm guessing even Zelda has a better chance of becoming playable in the Legend of Zelda games than Waluigi being in something that's NOT Mario Golf / Tennis / Party / Kart.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
But he won't. I'm guessing even Zelda has a better chance of becoming playable in the Legend of Zelda games than Waluigi being in something that's NOT Mario Golf / Tennis / Party / Kart.

It's true, and it's so sad there is a potential character wasted, I think that's why people want him to have his chance at a real game.

Considering how many people want that Virtual Boy game on the 3DS AND it was the highlight of the Virtual Boy I can't see why not. Give Waluigi 3D based platforms where the 3D doees awesome things, ever played the Virtual Boy game? (I'm guessing not as Virtual Boys aren't common.) It's seriously cool how the 3D actually makes the game better instead of just popping out. It's a mechanic to be used in the game.

So just give it to Waluigi just so you have a good excuse to without messing up Wario's image now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy spin-off first, then Zelda, then more Luigi / Peach, and after that... I might consider Waluigi.

Otherwise, I'll riot.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I always wanted like a sandbox-styled Super Wario Bros. game with Wario and Waluigi, where the goal is to cause trouble in Mushroom Kingdom, and take on random jobs for money

I dunno, seems it would fit their characters, considering their greed and all

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Someday I'll just make my own game studio and somehow get bought by nintendo to make games for them then I'll get to make whatever I want!

You'll see! My horrible plan will work!

Still, this is kinda interesting, I'd play around with it at least. Someday I'll learn to hack Brawl properly... Someday...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not gonna lie, that moveset suits him well. But I dislike the roll, and effects. Yeah they took some hints from Mario Strikers, but... Why?

I'd accept Waluigi as a newcomer only if we get another character first. And since Toad (R.I.P.) is not too likely anymore, I'm not seeing it happen. Still think both Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. are more deserving to.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
as far as the four big main series go (Mario, Pokemon, DK, Zelda), they are all pretty much fine aside from Mewtwo and K. Rool lol (Dixie too but that's a little more arbitrary, I guess)

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'd accept Waluigi as a newcomer only if we get another character first. And since Toad (R.I.P.) is not too likely anymore, I'm not seeing it happen. Still think both Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. are more deserving to.
Don't count Toad out just yet. We could still have a playable Toad and a Toad used for Peach's moveset.
The only problem I could see is that from a distance, people might get confused with two red Toads if Peach is currently using one for a move and a playable red Toad is on the stage at the same time, but it really wouldn't be that hard to tell them apart.

It's not over 'till the fat Sakurai sings.

----

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I do admit I would rather see new series represented before we got any newcomers from established series but since I doubt I'll be too lucky I just hope for fun playstyles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom