• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm not sure, but I hope so.

At this point I'm pretty much convinced it's a Super Mario Galaxy stage, and I want to see a SMG stage so badly...
Yeah, any "galaxy" as a stage from SMG/2 will do.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My hope is that we'll be able to see numerous galaxies in a SMG stage. Good Egg Galaxy needs to be there for one.
Something like the Galaxy Tours in SSF2 is what I'd like, but with more galaxies and a good variety.

Hey, if it was like the Mushroomy Kingdom stage in that, it can change depending on the music, I wouldn't mind that either.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
My hope is that we'll be able to see numerous galaxies in a SMG stage. Good Egg Galaxy needs to be there for one.
Oh yeah, they could have some few different galaxies in a single stage and rotate between them some. I'm not too good at remembering the galaxies by name off the top of my head, but I'd want one of the ice environment ones of course, the one with the bees and the queen, and the Good Egg galaxy that you mentioned, from what I recall of it.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, they could have some few different galaxies in a single stage and rotate between them some. I'm not too good at remembering the galaxies by name off the top of my head, but I'd want one of the ice environment ones of course, the one with the bees and the queen, and the Good Egg galaxy that you mentioned, from what I recall of it.
The ice and fire stage is Freezeflame Galaxy and I think the one with the bees and the queen is Honey Hive Galaxy (probably wrong, but whatever). One idea I had for a stage included Freezeflame Galaxy, though I don't care about Honey Hive Galaxy all that much.

Speaking of SMG stage, I think the stage, should it get multiple galaxies, will start on Rosalina's Comet Observatory.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Beach Bowl Galaxy would be nice as well.

And for once I'd like a desert themed stage (other than the remake of SMB 1-1 in the Mushroomy Kingdom stage) so Dusty Dune is on my list too.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In my head I'm arguing with a Straw(ng?) man competitive player for how great a gravity gimmick would be for a Galaxy stage and I just said good golly gee and I'm winning.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Truth be told I thought either Rosalina's Observatory or Mario's Ship were the only obvious choices.

Then again, I'd rather a space-themed Mario stage be saved for Mario Kart. Rainbow Road up in this ****.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 had too many good areas dang it.
Not to mention the soundtrack. Too many good songs...

As long as we get a good amount of SMG/SMG2 content in a stage or two I'll be fine. The game was a huge success, as was it's sequal, it would be a great shame to not include anything from the two games.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I imagine just due to scope of the whole Mario series and the amount of diverse content it has to draw from, we'll only get one Galaxy-related stage, but getting that stage is pretty much inevitable I'd say, as well as a handful of music and other content from the two Galaxy games. And sure, the Galaxy stage could be one that changes locations between galaxies or hub worlds from those games, so the possibility of multiple locales from the Galaxy games is a definitely there.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Gateway Galaxy is fine, but I personally wouldn't want the song to be present. It's a great theme, the one that plays when you first arrive there, but just too calm and quiet to me, not fit for this.

Maybe if the Galaxies would go through transitions, and the song play during the Gateway Galaxy part, but I wouldn't want it to play during the entire fight.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ KOP
Yep, I was referring to Star Tours.
I imagine just due to scope of the whole Mario series and the amount of diverse content it has to draw from, we'll only get one Galaxy-related stage, but getting that stage is pretty much inevitable I'd say, as well as a handful of music and other content from the two Galaxy games. And sure, the Galaxy stage could be one that changes locations between galaxies or hub worlds from those games, so the possibility of multiple locales from the Galaxy games is a definitely there.
What other worth mentioning Mario game on a home console has come out but Galaxy 1/2 and MK Wii=???

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What other worth mentioning Mario game on a home console has come out but Galaxy 1/2 and MK Wii=???
New Super Mario Bros Wii was good and before they started to cash in on him too much.

That and Super Paper Mario

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd expect a playable Paper Mario and any stages from his franchise to be counted as a separate from the Mario Universe in Smash.

That way maybe we could get a SPM and a SMG stage. :grin:

Regardless, I'd still personally prefer Bowser Jr. over Paper Mario. The lack of a playable Paper Mario doesn't necessarily mean there can't be any stages from the Paper Mario franchise though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
New Super Mario Bros Wii was good and before they started to cash in on him too much.

That and Super Paper Mario
Super Paper Mario's boat has sailed IMO. If anything we will sadly get a Sticker Star stage or a stage from the original.

As for New SMB Wii, eh, it was pretty much the same game as the first New SMB game, which is not a great thing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Considering Sakurai doesn't just draw from the "main" Mario games, anything from Galaxy to NSMB to MK to Mario Party to Paper Mario to even Mario & Sonic stages could be fair game. And those are just Mario games that have been on a home console this last generation, Sakurai could draw from portable games as well (Pilotwings Resort is getting Wii U content) and old Mario games, as he has previously.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The first two New Super Mario Bros. were amazing. Haven't played the latest two, but heard fairly good things.

Moving on:

Samus confirmed for bigger than Bowser.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is the pic really footstool jumping? Lame...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I thought footstool hopping was confirmed already.

Ah well.

Hopefully it actual spikes/meteor spike now, instead of just being another stupid and worthless technique.
You gotta love Gamespot. They're out of place again with their rating
Their rating for GTA V was only a 9, lol. I've seen them give a lot worse games way higher than that, lol.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If we were to get a Paper Mario stage on the Wii U, it would probably be a Super Paper Mario stage, but something from the past PM games isn't unreaonable.

A Sticker Star stage wouldn't surprise me on the 3DS version.

The first two New Super Mario Bros. were amazing. Haven't played the latest two, but heard fairly good things.

Moving on:

Samus confirmed for bigger than Bowser.
I like that little star effect. Similar to Yoshi Bomb and Super Dedede Jump's effects. (except these PROBABLY won't hurt players)

Now to wait for someone to come up with some good captions for this pic.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I thought footstool hopping was confirmed already.

Ah well.

Hopefully it actual spikes/meteor spike now, instead of just being another stupid and worthless technique.
That would be awesome, though footstools having spikes/meteor spikes may also make certain characters well.. easy targets. In addition to spikes that can already be done normally with certain moves.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Nice, happy birthday. Go out there and have a great one!

In b4 someone maybe says something about drinking.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Huh. I expected Zelda or something today, but I guess it is sort of silly to expect two character updates in one month. Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity, but hey, whatever.

And happy birthday! :shades:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Happy b-day KoP!!!
That would be awesome, though footstools having spikes/meteor spikes may also make certain characters well.. easy targets. In addition to spikes that can already be done normally with certain moves.
Well, it could do more knockback and a stronger spike at higher damages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom