• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hope they just knock out Zelda/Shiek/Impa in one go and have Ganon for one of them.
Wasn't a Ganon figurine being packaged with it? Having Ganon revealed would kind of line up with the promo gifts as well.
If Miis are confirmed, I have no clue what that the hell Waluigi can do to set himself apart since all he does is sports and party stuff like the Miis. (Not saying that i want him though)
Yeah, Ganon would be great.

And yeah, Miis are gonna be insane if I am indeed right.

As for Waluigi, he has next to no moves that are unique to him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganon figurine?

Mii's are a terrible idea John. Why would you want them?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So guys...

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this but do you think we're gonna get another character soon? That banner went down MUCH faster than the last two times.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I actually don't check the site that often.

But if the banner has anything to do with it.

I swear, if Ridley gets revealed tonight....

...Dang it I don't have any good reactions ready...

D

Deleted member

So guys...

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this but do you think we're gonna get another character soon? That banner went down MUCH faster than the last two times.
Not really. I think that we'll be seeing characters once a month, but if Ridley were to be confirmed as a playable character this month, that'd be awesome.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Wind Waker HD DOES come out digitally tomorrow...

OH EM GEE TEWN LINK CONFURMED.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So guys...

With TGS right around the corner I think something is coming. lol! lemme stop this is how people get let down, but I think we have 2-3 weeks tops for a new character.

All of the reveals so far have been on the 12th of the month, but that won't be happening next month so idk what to expect. prolly 2nd week of Oct??

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
With TGS right around the corner I think something is coming. lol! lemme stop this is how people get let down, but I think we have 2-3 weeks tops for a new character.

All of the reveals so far have been on the 12th of the month, but that won't be happening next month so idk what to expect. prolly 2nd week of Oct??
Not every reveal has been on the 12th.

When is TGS?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mii's are a terrible idea John. Why would you want them?
You said the same thing about the Villager.
So guys...

Wind Waker HD comes out tonight digitally worldwide, so I think we'll get something from that.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wind Waker HD comes out tonight digitally worldwide, so I think we'll get something from that.
I'm gonna disagree and say we're getting something on the 4th, when the physical copy comes out.

Seems way too soon to reveal another character.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm thinking Zelda before Toon Link.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Being part of the original 12 doesn't really account for much.
It does when you have one of the best dozen best movesets and half of the Brawl newcomers played worse than the Melee last minute clones. Series tend to keep around their best characters, hence why Ryu and Ken are in like every Street Fighter game.
I think we will see Pokemon Trainer in again, after all, he is the main protagonist and can also represent the Elite 4.
Nobody cares about representation. If you want to play as the Pokémon icon, then be my guest.
Jigglypuff is more identicle to Kirby, having the same body structure, multiple jumps, and they share some of the same moves, so I think Kirby and Jigglypuff are more simular than Mewtwo and (insert character here) I doubt being part of the original 12 had much to do with it.
Except they have like only 2 of the same moves. Honestly, like half of the roster is more of a clone to any other character than Jigglypuff to Kirby. I mean half of the roster has the sex kick or basic backflip kick up air.

Also, the original 12 are the best characters generally. It's just a fact.
I think there are a few things to consider here.
Like the fact Jigglypuff plays better than all but like 2-6 characters we've gotten from Melee and Brawl, and she was absolutely amazing to play as in the best 2 smash games (the first 2). Mewtwo and other Melee and Brawl newcomers meanwhile generally have several glaring issues, whereas Jiggz has none.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm gonna disagree and say we're getting something on the 4th, when the physical copy comes out.

Seems way too soon to reveal another character.
It comes out the 26th in Japan. I doubt Sakurai cares about the US release, hence why the Olimar and Luigi reveal for Pikmin 3 and Mario & Luigi were on the Japanese release date of those games and not the much later American release date

Speaking of which, I can't wait until Nintendo figures out delaying these games in America is costing them tens of millions of dollars. Hopefully the person(s) in charge of this gets fired and replaced by a competent person(s) who actually knows how to do their job so that way more competent people can work at Nintendo.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... TGS is happening now apparently...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I came here because I saw SSBF posted.

This game:
Characters: Underwhelming
Balance/Improvements: Overwhelming

I gave up on any hopes of having my dream characters show up.
I surprisingly disagree entirely. I want a lot of characters and minimal balance.

Because quite frankly, adding balance is a lot easier to make as DLC than adding characters.

Plus, if the roster is huge and the game and/or balance suck, we the fans can just fix it, like how Balance Brawl to make Brawl more functional in its' current state, or how Brawl Plus, Brawl Minus, and Project M tried to make the gameplay completely different into something more offensive based.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So... TGS is happening now apparently...
I'm too busy moving stuff from my Xbox 360 hard drive to my external hard drive so I can play GTA V to care. :laugh:
The world was also supposed to end in 2012.

Seriously, get with the program guys.
And that's why you disappeared!!! :shades:

DeadlyAllianceLeader

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n64by44
3DS FC
1547-5288-9488
I hope something gets revealed at TGS, but I'm going to try my best to keep expectations low, and assumptions on a similar level, if that's alright... BUT that's just me

If anything, all I care about for character reveals is that they're unique. As much as some don't like clones, and this end sees them as... well... a bit of an, and this is a relative term, but "easy" way out of putting in a unique CHARACTER but cheating in how they would go down, I honestly don't mind who makes it in as long as they put thought and effort into it. I know the team can do it. As much as some people may not adore Brawl, I can safely say for this end that they've DONE it 3 times now; all the Smash Bros. games just keep getting better and better in their own ways.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If anything, all I care about for character reveals is that they're unique. As much as some don't like clones, and this end sees them as... well... a bit of an, and this is a relative term, but "easy" way out of putting in a unique CHARACTER but cheating in how they would go down, I honestly don't mind who makes it in as long as they put thought and effort into it. I know the team can do it. As much as some people may not adore Brawl, I can safely say for this end that they've DONE it 3 times now; all the Smash Bros. games just keep getting better and better in their own ways.
Pretty much this, although I will say late addition clones are cool by me. It's better than nothing.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What if we don't get any newcomers until next E3?

That's nine more veterans. I wonder which ones.
We'll probably have at least 12 more veterans confirmed by the end of E3 2014.
Do you guys think that we'll get a look at the stylized space-stage Kirby was in for that pic of the day last week soon?
I think we'll get it sometime late next month between the Pokahamanzs and Mario stuffers.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Smash Bros. for Wii U comes out in 2014 as said in the announcement trailer, do you guys think it will be closer to fall/summer 2014 or Winter?
It will be late Fall/early Winter 2014 if it is a 2014 release, but ultimately it won't be a 2014 release (like how Brawl wasn't a 2007 release), which is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom