• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well yes, sort of like Olimar. Maybe like a hybrid between how Olimar works and how Ice Climbers work.
I regret bringing up Fire Emblem again but maybe like Chrom/Lucina using the pair up mechanic? That sounds like the closest to what you'd want.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I bypass the censors sometimes.

It makes me feel really cool when I do it. A little hot too... and bothered... so naughty... knowing it might... bother others...

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Woah...

My birthday is tomorrow...

I completely forgot O_o

Um... Crap!

I bypass the censors sometimes.

It makes me feel really cool when I do it. A little hot too... and bothered... so naughty... knowing it might... bother others...

I missed you SO much with the boards down.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not among those who think Smash needs another character that uses magic. Personally I would just like another magic based character, and I would be perfectly fine without one. It's not something I believe is necessary.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm not among those who think Smash needs another character that uses magic. Personally I would just like another magic based character, and I would be perfectly fine without one. It's not something I believe is necessary.
I agree with you Phantom [glad to see you again after the boards being down and all]. Another magic based character would be pretty cool to see but we don't need it

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I agree, but I do see it around on the interwebs sometimes haha.
I hate it because it centers on aesthetics, but not how the attacks function. It's like saying a boxing character would be unique because it would all be punches, but that is not sufficient. It's that and the other stuff like the bobbing, weaving, etc. that are all important to defining boxing.

Should we say Fox is unique because all but two of his normals are kicks?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I hate it because it centers on aesthetics, but not how the attacks function. It's like saying a boxing character would be unique because it would all be punches, but that is not sufficient. It's that and the other stuff like the bobbing, weaving, etc. that are all important to defining boxing.

Should we say Fox is unique because all but two of his normals are kicks?
We should say he is a Kick Boxer with Arwing references [no really Jedi?] in his B moves instead! :p

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
We should say he is a Kick Boxer with Arwing references [no really Jedi?] in his B moves instead! :p
lolwut? Fox reminds me more of a TKD fighter than anything else. MAYBE Northern Shaolin, but don't quote me on that one.

Also, happy birthday, KOP. I keep forgetting to say it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I guess the main problem here is that people take the idea of an attack as every attack, meaning all punches are the same, all sword play is the same etc. In reality, there isn't just a punch, there isn't just a kick, there are actually many variations that need careful planning and organization in order to fully take advantage of a move set.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
People that want duo characters clearly don't understand the complications from both technical and balance reasons. It's already a miracle in a sense we have Ice Climbers to begin with, much to the carnage of those that have experienced their game breaking chain grabs.
(hopefully the "quote" works correctly for me this time)

I understand the issues of duo characters, P&M are more of a "dream" character to me.

Programming-wise, I don't believe getting two duo characters to work would be too difficult after managing to get one of the duo characters working properly. (though, it' would still be difficult and time consuming on the 3DS, and a second duo character would likely consume some extra memory that could be used for a few other normal characters)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I guess the main problem here is that people take the idea of an attack as every attack, meaning all punches are the same, all sword play is the same etc. In reality, there isn't just a punch, there isn't just a kick, there are actually many variations that need careful planning and organization in order to fully take advantage of a move set.
Pretty much this and this applies to real life fighting styles. If John were here, he could probably list the myriad of boxing techniques, and that's just the punches.

(hopefully the "quote" works correctly for me this time)

I understand the issues of duo characters, P&M are more of a "dream" character to me.

Programming-wise, I don't believe getting two duo characters to work would be too difficult after managing to get one of the duo characters working properly. (though, it' would still be difficult and time consuming on the 3DS, and a second duo character would likely consume some extra memory that could be used for a few other normal characters)
But then there's the issue of playstyle. You've got a new duo character. What can you do to not only make them different from the rest of the roster, but especially the other duo character.

It CAN be done, but it may not be easy, especially once you realize you have to do the character justice.

After all, Carl, Eddie, and Ice Climbers play nothing alike.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I for one don't actually want a magic based character who justs uses things like fire, sparks and darkness and such in their attacks when it's just for show. I'd prefer a character more like the Black Mage in SSF2, who has unique magic-type attacks that aren't just for show, even some of his normal moves have unique effects.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I clicked on a pewdiepie video for the first time

After less than a minute I already regret it

How the hell does he have 13 million subscribers?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I clicked on a pewdiepie video for the first time

After less than a minute I already regret it

How the hell does he have 13 million subscribers?
I'm not one of them. He can be quite annoying.

Though if his subscribers are anything like me, they can just get a kick out of watching ANYONE freak out while playing Amensia: The Dark Descent.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh, LP and gaming on Youtube?

I usually stick to any members of TheRunAwayGuys. And also Tobygames.

So here's a question: Let's say you can choose one new character for a franchise already in Smash, but you have to remove one character from that franchise as well.

Who would you pick and who would you remove?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord

So here's a question: Let's say you can choose one new character for a franchise already in Smash, but you have to remove one character from that franchise as well.

Waluigi and replace Mario :troll:
I mean, Omastar and replace Lucario
I MEAN! Eh **** it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Add: Impa
Remove: Sheik

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Replace Pokemon Trainer with Sylveon.

On a slightly unrelated topic, if Mewtwo and Roy are to return, I don't want one or the other. Both would be the most fair. Just hope they don't kick up potential roster space, especially for FE. ._.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Replace Pokemon Trainer with Sylveon.

On a slightly unrelated topic, if Mewtwo and Roy are to return, I don't want one or the other. Both would be the most fair. Just hope they don't kick up potential roster space, especially for FE. ._.
Personally I think Mewtwo is WAY more important to add then Roy but whatever >.>

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Sure, he's had a much greater effect on the franchise he's from. Even moreso that he's got TWO Mega Evolutions for X&Y. But then, there's the people who will think its an unfair bargain for the two Melee vets who people really demand. Also, you have the "Forbidden 7" bullocks, but that's shoddy.

Poots

Smash Journeyman

Take out Pit, Samus, Link, Luigi, and Mario just to replace them with their dark variants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom