• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, are we seriously sitting around circle-jerking about how much we hate SmashChu? Look, I don't like the guy, but going around talking **** about him behind his back is pretty low... even for this thread.
I've told him this before to his face. Nothing here is new, including the fact he's very self-obsessed.

And trust me, once you know the guy, you'll get it.
For all you know, keeping things civil could rub off on him and get him to become a tad more flexible in his opinions. From personal experience and with all the people I've been keeping an eye on and have let into the BRoom, people do mature over time given the right circumstances.
I've nearly always been civil to SmashChu.

Also, ignorant is as ignorant does. He's ignorant, and I'm calling him that. It's as simple as that. Bam, done deal.

All you people insulting me is pathetic, considering half of you have insulted me far worse for much less reasons (this isn't including you triple dash; you've always been good to me), sometimes even champion his causes, including just being d***s to folks like me and Kuma. That and it makes me question if you guys ever read what he wrote, what I wrote (just now or back then), or if you guys are worthy of being quoted by me. He simply earned the negative responses he gets. You soe what you reap.

You guys brought him up, I gave my opinions. Deal with it. Those of you with no knowledge of the matter chiming in, please stop.
THIS. I really miss the old threads sometimes.
Yep. I miss the movesets a lot. Also, guys who are gone like hemightbegiant (now Thrillhouse), loooni (who stopped by just once), Sneaky 2.0 (who dropped by a few times), ToiseOfChoice, java, and of course, the one and only... Omega.
Maybe I'll look it up later if I get curious. Honestly though, I'm just here for the ride now.
Nothing wrong with enjoying previous rides. ;)
Technically you were both right in a way. :p
Then why does he avoid the open waters=???
Without going too fair into this, technically Ridley still hasn't been de-confirmed yet. ;)
I think Ridley is all but confirmed still. The same goes with K. Rool and a ton of previously playable characters.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Did we really just get another picture of that ****ing island?! I could've swore we've seen this picture before.

Tesh

Smash Hero
exactly 3 weeks ago, we got a pretty boring picture and then luigi was revealed later that day. Could there be hope?

no

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah. There is no hope. Though isn't there a game show this week?
I can't think of one. But I do hope for something a bit more interesting soon. The latest picture is eh. I really liked the explosion from earlier. I was planning on making a Nightmare(Soul Calibur) joke at first, but sadly Smashboards didn't go up in time...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Which is more of a positive then a negative in this business, because when it comes the Wii U it needs to tackle every demographic in order to establish a strong base. Focusing on only on demographic will cause a negative stigma that will haunt the console, kind of like with the Wii.
Also, Nintendo's 1st and 2nd party home console titles have largely taken a hit. Mario seems to be in a slump, Zelda sales are dropping, Metroid was never big, Animal Crossing will probably take a home console hit from City Folk, Pokémon home console games don't sell like they used to, and F-Zero and Star Fox are all but dead.

Without 3rd parties and 3rd party games, Nintendo will come in 3rd. Oh, and if you don't like 3rd parties, then you aren't a real gamer. #ShotsFired
Meh, how are people in the wrong for not getting their hopes up? They were clearly right not too, especially if you like Ridely
How are they in the right though=??? Honestly, at the end of the day, smash is just a stupid game just like Mario, Halo, basketball, Monopoly, and kickball.

If you are putting your whole life into these games, you're doing it wrong. However, being hyped for something potentially happening does not necessarily mean that.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can't think of one. But I do hope for something a bit more interesting soon. The latest picture is eh. I really liked the explosion from earlier. I was planning on making a Nightmare(Soul Calibur) joke at first, but sadly Smashboards didn't go up in time...

There was something Nintendo was hyping on their facebook, maybe I'm making this up, but I remember Swampasaur bringing it up?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Gamescon was last week. Bayonetta, Pikmin and W101 were playable as well as WW:HD, but they didnt announce anything new.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Now will this mean anything?
Well, Nintendo is advertising it, and it lasts from Monday to Friday. However, you can already view the schedule, and the only conference Nintendo is having there is about Wonderful 101. Unless they pull a surprise thing like with WFT I don't think we'll see anything there.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Unless....

Wonder Red Unites Up!

I'm so anxious waiting for that game to release. The rest of the world gets it 4 freaking weeks before NA. God it sucks!!!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, Nintendo is advertising it, and it lasts from Monday to Friday. However, you can already view the schedule, and the only conference Nintendo is having there is about Wonderful 101. Unless they pull a surprise thing like with WFT I don't think we'll see anything there.

Honestly, I think Wonder Red being in would be less surprising than Wii Fit Trainer for a number of reasons.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm personally not a believer in Wonder Red's chances, but if he's in he's definitely gonna be announced at PAX.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm personally not a believer in Wonder Red's chances, but if he's in he's definitely gonna be announced at PAX.

I don't think he'd make it in this game, but I can definitely see him being in Smash one day, but with Sakurai lamenting the lack of new Nintendo owned IPs to add characters from, I wouldn't be surprised if they jumped the gun with Wonder Red.

Tesh

Smash Hero
hard to imagine wonder red functioning in smash, but nintendo may be under more pressure than ever to capture as much of their fanbase as possible

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Milk the most of your last year while you still can. Meanwhile, I'm still here figuring out what to do with my life. At least my anxiety's going down. Seriously, I think I have SOME idea of what I want to do, but I need some stable, decent paying job that isn't minimum wage (thank you American economy) for me to be out on my own while things are building up.

Am basically in the same situation. Graduated from my study, international wholesale in 2009. Haven't been able to find a decent job since. Only the ****tiest of ****ty jobs, all minimum wage of coarse, if it wasn't worse paid. Worked mostly for agencies, and never for longer than 6 months on one place. Just last year I think I had at least 12 jobs? I'm also not exactly suit for work in international wholesale, as I'm not 'commercial minded' or find the work remotely interessting at all. Only chose it cause the lessons where in English, and also it was the highest education available for me.

Thinking of going back to school to become a cook or something.

Gotta do something...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here. Boards have been down since Monday I think? Thought I got banned or something :laugh: Not that I would've been on too much, was sick as a dog yesterday.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Dogs actually can't get sick. The mysteries of their perfect immune systems even now are not well understood by science.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
During the blackout, I spent a lot of time on the /vg/ Smash threads (I normally only browse /co/), and it's remarkable how different their community's opinions on characters are from ours. Over there, they treat logical, deserving characters like Ridley, K. Rool, and Palutena as the most ridiculous suggestions in the world, yet support madness like Sukapon (sorry, Oasis), Tingle, Wonder Red, and Chibi Robo. It's fascinating.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
During the blackout, I spent a lot of time on the /vg/ Smash threads (I normally only browse /co/), and it's remarkable how different their community's opinions on characters are from ours. Over there, they treat logical, deserving characters like Ridley, K. Rool, and Palutena as the most ridiculous suggestions in the world, yet support madness like Sukapon, Tingle, Wonder Red, and Chibi Robo. It's fascinating.

Ehh wat?

4chan in general has weird tastes, but Tingle?

Sukapon, Wonder Red and Chibi Robo are at least a little bit understandable.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Ehh wat?

4chan in general has weird tastes, but Tingle?

Sukapon, Wonder Red and Chibi Robo are at least a little bit understandable.
It's pretty bizarre. There are even a decent amount of Waluigi supporters (although at least there's an appropriate amount haters to balance it out). There are some super ridiculous ones like ALBW Link and Captain Syrup too (and a bunch more I'm forgetting). The funny thing is that they somewhat regularly make fun of us over there.

D

Deleted member

Am basically in the same situation. Graduated from my study, international wholesale in 2009. Haven't been able to find a decent job since. Only the ****tiest of ****ty jobs, all minimum wage of coarse, if it wasn't worse paid. Worked mostly for agencies, and never for longer than 6 months on one place. Just last year I think I had at least 12 jobs? I'm also not exactly suit for work in international wholesale, as I'm not 'commercial minded' or find the work remotely interessting at all. Only chose it cause the lessons where in English, and also it was the highest education available for me.

Thinking of going back to school to become a cook or something.

Gotta do something...
Well man, if you're still able to stay with your parents, or at least have a situation where you are able to live comfortably and study, the by all means do it.

Try and acquiere as many skills as you can. Look for training/education that you can easily turn into easily marketable skills for the future.

You wanna take this to a PM, man? I've been through a similar situation, I might be able to offer some input.

D

Deleted member

During the blackout, I spent a lot of time on the /vg/ Smash threads (I normally only browse /co/), and it's remarkable how different their community's opinions on characters are from ours. Over there, they treat logical, deserving characters like Ridley, K. Rool, and Palutena as the most ridiculous suggestions in the world, yet support madness like Sukapon (sorry, Oasis), Tingle, Wonder Red, and Chibi Robo. It's fascinating.
4chan actually hates those characters ironically. They do it cause they're the most likely and thus try to have a varied opinion from the mainstream. You forget that 4chan is full of hipster nerds. So most people follow along with the 4chan opinion so they can fit in.

Which is freaking ridiculous... Trying to fit in, when you are COMPLETELY anonymous. People never cease to amaze me...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's pretty bizarre. There are even a decent amount of Waluigi supporters (although at least there's an appropriate amount haters to balance it out). There are some super ridiculous ones like ALBW Link and Captain Syrup too (and a bunch more I'm forgetting). The funny thing is that they somewhat regularly make fun of us over there.
I've seen the Waluigi thing. It's terrible. But damn, does it suit their community to support such a character :laugh: Which is weird, cause 4chan normally doesn't even like Mario sport games do they? Ridiculous is still somewhat softly spoken. Captain Syrup is still a cool choice though. Just... extremely unlikely.

Well man, if you're still able to stay with your parents, or at least have a situation where you are able to live comfortably and study, the by all means do it.

Try and acquiere as many skills as you can. Look for training/education that you can easily turn into easily marketable skills for the future.

You wanna take this to a PM, man? I've been through a similar situation, I might be able to offer some input.

Thing is, I don't wanna stay with my parents that long anymore. I'm 23 years old man. But sure we can take this to a PM. Any insight would be great at this moment.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Wow, so we're finally back up (for now at least).

This must be the work of Sakurai. It's just like when the Romans persecuted the Christians. Nintendo is the Romans and we are the righteous Christians. They're trying to take us down, but we will never back down. For so long as we believe in Purple Raptor Jesus who killed for our sins, all things are possible. We just need to have faith that he will return and save us from the anti-Purple Raptor Christ, Masahiro Sakurai.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The Wonderful 101 bombed horribly in Japan. It did only about 5K in its debut week, which is an absolutely horrific bomb even factoring in the Wii U's install base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom