• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
's Top 10 picks for Melee remakes

1. Coneria
  2. Poke Floats
  3. Mute City
  4. Temple Hyrule
  5. Termina
  6. Peache's Castle
  7. Fourside
  8. Jungle Japes
  9. Pokemon Stadium
  10. Fountain of Dreams
Wouldn't Port Town: Aero Drive and Pokemon Stadium 2 count as "remakes"?

You don't understand, I HAVE to hear this from Diddy.
I think he's explained his views on Impa in great detail a few times before. I partially agree with him.
Impa has been in the series since the start, and if Zelda gets more slots, then I wouldn't mind her. Just not if she replaces Shiek and has a similar moveset.

Also, congratulations on accumulating 1000 posts and becoming a Smash Lord!
If Chrom and Roy don't make it in SSB4, he and I should be the lords who take their place.

I'm sorry. But why Diddy? Because he propaganda's her way too much sometimes?
I don't think propaganda is a verb. Or a possessive.

----

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Wouldn't Port Town: Aero Drive and Pokemon Stadium 2 count as "remakes"?
Hmm i think it would of been better if I said HD remaster. I like the original layout of the stage and i would like to see a fresh coat of HD paint and detail on them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, I'm actually serious, why should we have Impa?

Never saw your look on it.
Many reasons actually.

I'll sum some things up quickly:

-Impa has been a longtime veteran of the series, beginning with the very first NES. She was gone for a while, giving many the idea she was just another character with a small, dismissable role. Yet her Skyward Sword role was anythink BUT dismissable. And the only ones who have played Skyward Sword who don't see that haven't finished the game (as her whole role get reveiled in the end, after the end boss).

-She has moveset potential I really like. Magic, a mightly barrier, kung fu - attacks, high jumping. All would make for an interessting playstyle, sort of similar to Lucario and Sheik. WIth even a hint of Zelda and Lucas thrown in. Unlike Sheik, she doesn't have to rely on made up moves. Not nearly as much. For more potential, throw in some moves like the Deku Nut, and shadow-based moves as she's the Sage of Shadows in OoT. Think, invisibility perhaps? Even her unused weapons could be a part of her moveset. As well as other ninja-attacks. Thus, highly unique.

- Sheik is hugely irrelevant and the concept of Zelda / Sheik is heavily inbalanced. Not explaining this too much, should speak for itself. Sheik is as much of a one-off as Ghirahim, Midna and Zant where. And unlike them, she has no real thing to work with her other what has already been shown. Zelda has always been overshadowed by Sheik to. And hardly anyone plays as Zelda / Sheik on the implied way. Most people only play as either. Separating Zelda and Sheik won't do. As Sheik herself doesn't warrant a own character spot.

-Impa will likely re-appear in the series, while Sheik most likely won't.

There's more, but since I rarely bring up the subject as a whole serious subject for discussion (DIDDYSHUTUPABOUTIMPAOMGOMGOMG!! :mad: ) I forgot a few details. But here it is. My reasoning.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
haha Mawnkeh you changed it back
Just realize we have a recap to do. We are hard at work compiling a recap, as requested.
I'll be sure to change my avi back once we are done with the recap... unless more madness occurs on this thread.

-

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, I'm actually serious, why should we have Impa?

Never saw your look on it.
Just typed all my reaons and then... CRASHBOARDS :facepalm: I'll be with you in a minute.

LOLNONVMLOLLOLLOL

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Many reasons actually.

I'll sum some things up quickly:

-Impa has been a longtime veteran of the series, beginning with the very first NES. She was gone for a while, giving many the idea she was just another character with a small, dismissable role. Yet her Skyward Sword role was anythink BUT dismissable. And the only ones who have played Skyward Sword who don't see that haven't finished the game (as her whole role get reveiled in the end, after the end boss).

-She has moveset potential I really like. Magic, a mightly barrier, kung fu - attacks, high jumping. All would make for an interessting playstyle, sort of similar to Lucario and Sheik. WIth even a hint of Zelda and Lucas thrown in. Unlike Sheik, she doesn't have to rely on made up moves. Not nearly as much. For more potential, throw in some moves like the Deku Nut, and shadow-based moves as she's the Sage of Shadows in OoT. Think, invisibility perhaps? Even her unused weapons could be a part of her moveset. As well as other ninja-attacks. Thus, highly unique.

- Sheik is hugely irrelevant and the concept of Zelda / Sheik is heavily inbalanced. Not explaining this too much, should speak for itself. Sheik is as much of a one-off as Ghirahim, Midna and Zant where. And unlike them, she has no real thing to work with her other what has already been shown. Zelda has always been overshadowed by Sheik to. And hardly anyone plays as Zelda / Sheik on the implied way. Most people only play as either. Separating Zelda and Sheik won't do. As Sheik herself doesn't warrant a own character spot.

-Impa will likely re-appear in the series, while Sheik most likely won't.

There's more, but since I rarely bring up the subject as a whole serious subject for discussion (DIDDYSHUTUPABOUTIMPAOMGOMGOMG!! :angry: ) I forgot a few details. But here it is. My reasoning.

Meh, she shouldn't be in. :troll:

But really, all good points.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
ok now I'm REALLY curious what is sspn? really I tried to google it what is this? a stream?
Swampasaur and TheDivineDeity had a debate. Moon Monkey, Disfunkshunal, and Smooth Criminal took roles as announcers.

I'm assuming SSPN was made as a result. I don't think it's really anything. :laugh:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Swampasaur and TheDivineDeity had a debate. Moon Monkey, Disfunkshunal, and Smooth Criminal took roles as announcers.

I'm assuming SSPN was made as a result. I don't think it's really anything.
and I skiped those pages because it was getting into nonsense but now I might want to read them...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
At least Conker and Banjo will be able to race against each other again....

Right..??

Poots

Smash Journeyman
HD Fountain of Dreams, Fourside & Venom would make my day.
Talk about excellent taste.

I'd really like to see something like the mushroom kingdom stage from smash 64. Those pipes were pretty fun to use, but maybe they could try and find a way to keep people from spamming them.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Talk about excellent taste.

I'd really like to see something like the mushroom kingdom stage from smash 64. Those pipes were pretty fun to use, but maybe they could try and find a way to keep people from spamming them.
I like it when a new user shows up out of nowhere and makes his first post. XD
Welcome to Smashboards!

I really did like that pipe mechanic in the original Mushroom Kingdom stage. They should bring it back in SSB4, or possibly the entire stage, too.

----

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've got no worries about Banjo and Conker anymore, though it does make me sad they handle the series so badly. I'll just... Pretend I don't see it. :(

Also:

Impa > Tetra > Ghirahim > Skull Kid > Tingle > Toon Zelda.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You do realize that Toon Zelda and Tetra are the same character, right Diddy? :troll:

But all jokes aside, check out this excellent Toon Zelda/Tetra moveset by Hotfeet/FeliciaFan.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I prefer solo Tetra. Much like I prefer solo Zelda. And I think a solo Toon Zelda would be... Quite uninspired. One of the least unique possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom