• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
At least a Toon Sheik design exists in a Scribblenauts game. Toon Impa, ah, that was funny.

Toon Sheik =/= Tetra. They are not the same thing, and have completely different designs.
If Sakurai puts in Toon Shiek as a transformation for Toon Zelda, I'll facepalm so hard my brains will rupture.

Seriously, when the hell has a Toon Shiek ever appeared in the Zelda series? I really hope Sakurai put the "Toon Shiek" name in the SSBB files as a codeword for Tetra.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know, I've been listening to Sonic Adventure music, and I really love this music.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Agreed 100% with Treecko. But am not gonna debate Hyper about it. Sorry Hyper, you are too headstrong to be convinced and I don't have the time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Agreed 100% with Treecko. But am not gonna debate Hyper about it. Sorry Hyper, you are too headstrong to be convinced and I don't have the time.
Damn! Looks like we missed out on a Classic in the making...
:joyful:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Call in GoldenY to Hyper's side and you'd TRUELY have a Blast From The Past :cool:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If Sakurai puts in Toon Shiek as a transformation for Toon Zelda, I'll facepalm so hard my brains will rupture.

Seriously, when the hell has a Toon Shiek ever appeared in the Zelda series? I really hope Sakurai put the "Toon Shiek" name in the SSBB files as a codeword for Tetra.
Nope, it was a name for Toon Sheik when it was first put in. Yes, he had originally planned for a Toon Sheik.

She doesn't have to appear in a Zelda game to be playable. Especially after being in another video game(Scribblenauts) now. If Sakurai really does want to make a Toon Sheik like he had originally planned, he has a model available, if they'll allow him to use it. And since when has a Giga Bowser been in a Mario game? Never. That argument is invalid. Of course I'd have been disappointed if he went with the original Toon Sheik idea, but that was still the original plan none the less. Perhaps he would've turned her into Tetra, but considering Brawl still has clones, I'd doubt it at this point. Ganondorf was still pretty similar to C. Falcon, after all. Falco wasn't that much changed from Fox(they're still pretty similar in Brawl, only their Down B having any major differences).

However, For is going towards non-clones now(he implies this somewhat when he said characters with the same fighting style from other Fighting games won't get in), at least we hope.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the evening recap! Coming to you live from Smashville, I'm Disfunkshunal and these are my co-hosts Master Moon Monkey and Smooth Criminal, keep it here for all the details on tonight's debate. Before we get started we gotta give it up for our sponsors, the guys at SSN have been awesome, they helped this happen. Special mentions for Venus, without him none of this would've been possible. Now a brief word from Sakurai over at Pic a Day.
New and old planes make a miraculous rendezvous.
This was exactly the kind of throw down slugfest you'd expect from some of the hardest working fighters in the industry. On the one hand you had the electrifying Divine! What this fighter lacks in skills he more than makes for in heart and spirit! The kind of heat he brings to the arena is something most people only ever dream of! In the other corner you had seasoned vet Swamp! He may not be captain charisma but he has such a strong silence presence that'll send even the toughest guys running!

Now! On to the actual fight! I don't know if it was the caffeine or if this dude is just naturally that energetic but Divine came out strong fast as soon as that bell was hit! Charging Swamp with his left and right fists known as
Sales
it doens't help Fire Emblem's chances when it wasn't even considered marketable enough to be released in the United States.
and Coattails
Only BECAUSE of Sakurai's particular fondness for the series, rather than Nintendo's, but ONLY SAKURAI'S particular fondness allowed Fire Emblem to be made known to the world. If it wasn't for Sakurai, the series would likely be dead now.
respectively. To hammer in the point he brought out even bigger guns! Criticizing the sales of the series and even claiming it was nearly killed multiple times!
Fire Emblem was actually ALMOST CANCELLED by Nintendo due to HORRIBLE low-expectation sales from the past Fire Emblem games. If it wasn't for Awakening fdoing better than any of the other titels (and even then that's not saying much AT ALL),then the series would be history.
To finish things off he dealt one final gut blow to series popularity. Do your kids know what a Marth is?!

Swamp slow on the draw, but definitive with his blow halted Divine's momentum with a Marketable gut check!

mar·ket·a·ble
ˈmärkitəbəl
adjective

1. 1.
    able or fit to be sold or marketed.

"the fish are perfectly marketable"
Here is the definition of marketable. Fire Emblem certainly fits this.It sells quite a bit and makes money too.

How is it not marketable?
Just where did Divine get his definitions from?! Swamp, quickly followed up with a claim of Marth's massive popularity overseas!

Divine, not to be up shown, belittled the Japanese Market! How can something so small have any kind of impact?! That low blow hit hard!
Let me get this straight through your head - Japan is not the be-all end-all market of the video gaming world. THE UNITED STATES IS. Hell, even Europe and Canda.Japan is a very small country with no as many people living in it as the other CONTINENTS I just mentioned.
In a moment of desperation, he began flailing! Throwing punches with absolutely no wind behind them!
He only got in as a favor byt he creators of Fire Emblem by Sakurai. Nothing more.
it barely made 200,000 copies, which isn't considered all that much when you compare video game sales to other games
Swamp wasn't going to be fooled though!
Show me the carfax!
He's asking for sources, he's asking for sources!
Divine retaliated with a
From inconclusive news articles to random forum members, DIvine had it all and used it to the best of his ability! Swamp wasn't about to be fooled by a paper thin source though, he tore through that defense like it was Thanksgiving dinner! There was no better way to end the first round folks! Swamp's easily leading this fight with the score at:
Round 1
Swampasur: 23
Divine: 8

Round 2 began with more of the same, Divine quick out the gate launching a barrage of punches... wait a minute this is exactly like the forst round! Swamp didn't even have to try to counter because Divine recycled the same strategy! Swamp started catching Divine's swings left and right! Throwing out the occasional
Mother 1: Too hard, like the first couple of FE games.

Earthbound wasn't released until recently because of licensing issues. Mainly with music. But look at how it was treated when it finally got here. A simple VC title was treated on par with a normal release.

Mother 3: The humor was a bit...out there... If a character like Tingle is unpopular here, then the Magypsies would have caused problems.
As a last resort, Divine threw what he considered to be the heavy hitter!
he Mother series is DEAD. After only 3 games, all released within a span of decades... the series quietly died... without EVER having international releases for Mother 1 and 3. FAIL.
Even that hit was telegraphed! Swamp caught it without so much as a sweat! Right before dealing the last blow he uttered
It was the end of a trilogy. Is Lord of the Rings dead because the trilogy ended? It wasn't due to poor sales. It was due to the end of the story happening.
BOOM! Right to the face! Divine's not getting up! He's not getting up! Folks right there in the ring Divine admitted defeat! Wow, what a match folks!
The round 2 count is
12 Swamp
2 Divine
With a total of 35 likes Swamp takes the crown!

Stick around for our exclusive interview with the new champ!

Exclusive Interview with Swampasuar

I had the privilege to sit down and talk with last nights victor in the Does Fire Emblem/Earthbound debate, Swampasur!

Your thoughts on tonight's match? What was your strategy when you were out there?
Twas fun. Even though there was lots of drama.
The dinner fiasco and the small mutiny were some dark times. But overall, I'm glad it happened.
*chuckles*
You seemed to be having fun out there! You also were M.I.A for quite some time, It almost cost you the match! Thank goodness for that crucial hand off to Fastblade really helped to buy yourself time!
Tell us about your struggle with Taco Bell.
Do I have to? Well... While debating, I felt a bit empty. Like something was missing...
I had to go searching for a while. Searching for myself...
Then I realized! I was just hungry. So I got food. Got a beefy five layer burrito. It was delicious!
That's not a performance enhancing drug is it?

Well it would definitely even out the playing field, Divine did confess to "botching." I hear he's been having a serious botching addiction lately.
You weren't worried the beef was going to make you sluggish on the field?
Glad everything was fine. I felt the beef slowing me down but... I made it through somehow. It really builds character.
How are you gong to celebrate tonight? And any predictions towards tomorrows daily pic?
Gonna play some Pikmin 2 with a buddy. And something that isn't related to Ridley.

(An astounding prediction!)
Last question how will you prepare for October's Debateamania I? I'm sure Divine will come harder than ever before. Are you nervous?
How will I prepare? I'll stick to smashboards.
They have everything I need.

It was a pleasure! There you have it folks! Divine vs Swampasuar I!

-

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
MUST. RESISST. TEMPTATION.

BRACING.

FOR.

IMPACT!!!

disisgonbhard

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Nope, it was a name for Toon Sheik when it was first put in. Yes, he had originally planned for a Toon Sheik.

She doesn't have to appear in a Zelda game to be playable. Especially after being in another video game(Scribblenauts) now. If Sakurai really does want to make a Toon Sheik like he had originally planned, he has a model available, if they'll allow him to use it. And since when has a Giga Bowser been in a Mario game? Never. That argument is invalid. Of course I'd have been disappointed if he went with the original Toon Sheik idea, but that was still the original plan none the less. Perhaps he would've turned her into Tetra, but considering Brawl still has clones, I'd doubt it at this point. Ganondorf was still pretty similar to C. Falcon, after all. Falco wasn't that much changed from Fox(they're still pretty similar in Brawl, only their Down B having any major differences).

However, For is going towards non-clones now(he implies this somewhat when he said characters with the same fighting style from other Fighting games won't get in), at least we hope.
Ah. I wasn't actually trying to argue with you, I was just making a point that I reaaaaallllly don't want Sakurai to be dumb enough to put in Toon Shiek over Tetra. (even though I have a bad feeling he might do it anyway, as you stated)

----

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the evening recap! Coming to you live from Smashville, I'm Disfunkshunal and these are my co-hosts Master Moon Monkey and Smooth Criminal, keep it here for all the details on tonight's debate. Before we get started we gotta give it up for our sponsors, the guys at SSN have been awesome, they helped this happen. Special mentions for Venus, without him none of this would've been possible. Now a brief word from Sakurai over at Pic a Day.

This was exactly the kind of throw down slugfest you'd expect from some of the hardest working fighters in the industry. On the one hand you had the electrifying Divine! What this fighter lacks in skills he more than makes for in heart and spirit! The kind of heat he brings to the arena is something most people only ever dream of! In the other corner you had seasoned vet Swamp! He may not be captain charisma but he has such a strong silence presence that'll send even the toughest guys running!

Now! On to the actual fight! I don't know if it was the caffeine or if this dude is just naturally that energetic but Divine came out strong fast as soon as that bell was hit! Charging Swamp with his left and right fists known as
Sales

and Coattails

respectively. To hammer in the point he brought out even bigger guns! Criticizing the sales of the series and even claiming it was nearly killed multiple times!

To finish things off he dealt one final gut blow to series popularity. Do your kids know what a Marth is?!

Swamp slow on the draw, but definitive with his blow halted Divine's momentum with a Marketable gut check!

Just where did Divine get his definitions from?! Swamp, quickly followed up with a claim of Marth's massive popularity overseas!

Divine, not to be up shown, belittled the Japanese Market! How can something so small have any kind of impact?! That low blow hit hard!

In a moment of desperation, he began flailing! Throwing punches with absolutely no wind behind them!

Swamp wasn't going to be fooled though!

He's asking for sources, he's asking for sources!
Divine retaliated with a

From inconclusive news articles to random forum members, DIvine had it all and used it to the best of his ability! Swamp wasn't about to be fooled by a paper thin source though, he tore through that defense like it was Thanksgiving dinner! There was no better way to end the first round folks! Swamp's easily leading this fight with the score at:
Round 1
Swampasur: 23
Divine: 8

Round 2 began with more of the same, Divine quick out the gate launching a barrage of punches... wait a minute this is exactly like the forst round! Swamp didn't even have to try to counter because Divine recycled the same strategy! Swamp started catching Divine's swings left and right! Throwing out the occasional

As a last resort, Divine threw what he considered to be the heavy hitter!

Even that hit was telegraphed! Swamp caught it without so much as a sweat! Right before dealing the last blow he uttered

BOOM! Right to the face! Divine's not getting up! He's not getting up! Folks right there in the ring Divine admitted defeat! Wow, what a match folks!
The round 2 count is
12 Swamp
2 Divine
With a total of 35 likes Swamp takes the crown!

Stick around for our exclusive interview with the new champ!

Exclusive Interview with Swampasuar

I had the privilege to sit down and talk with last nights victor in the Does Fire Emblem/Earthbound debate, Swampasur!

Your thoughts on tonight's match? What was your strategy when you were out there?
*chuckles*
You seemed to be having fun out there! You also were M.I.A for quite some time, It almost cost you the match! Thank goodness for that crucial hand off to Fastblade really helped to buy yourself time!
Tell us about your struggle with Taco Bell.

Well it would definitely even out the playing field, Divine did confess to "botching." I hear he's been having a serious botching addiction lately.
You weren't worried the beef was going to make you sluggish on the field?

How are you gong to celebrate tonight? And any predictions towards tomorrows daily pic?

(An astounding prediction!)
Last question how will you prepare for October's Debateamania I? I'm sure Divine will come harder than ever before. Are you nervous?

It was a pleasure! There you have it folks! Divine vs Swampasuar I!

-
this is pure announcing gold. :bee:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
All made possible by the viewers! Lets make Debatamania I one for the books guys!
Until October,
will see you soon! (Unless any other debates spring up)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah. I wasn't actually trying to argue with you, I was just making a point that I reaaaaallllly don't want Sakurai to be dumb enough to put in Toon Shiek over Tetra. (even though I have a bad feeling he might do it anyway, as you stated)

----
That I concur with. But I wouldn't call him dumb for it anyway. Sheik is an extremely popular character too. If anything, I'd either take Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik or Tetra/Phantom Zelda as one of the combos. Namely because they both are excellent combos anyway. Of course, the only combos we would realistically get are Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik(the one initially planned for Brawl, whether or not he'd change his mind is irrelevant, since the data is clear what it says), Toon Zelda/Tetra(makes perfect sense to me), or Toon Zelda/Phantom Zelda(the last combo is also realistic. Although this version of Zelda doesn't do anything at all... so she'd probably have to be similar to the original Zelda, perhaps with new B moves? Or she could use some items that Toon Link didn't. Zelda has borrowed from Link's moves in both the games and other media anyway. She tends to do that.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
SSPN might stick around. If this Toon Sheik thing isn't discreditted soon I'll unleash myself unto it with a fiery passion hardly ever seen in this world. A passion so hot, it would make the hottest of lava appear like a mere hot tube. A passion so vivid, wild and consuming, it could change the change the lives of those involved forever due to the PURE POWER that they're witnissing. Definitely not meant for simple, mortal creatures of common bodily, mental and spiritual strenght.

With this passion, I'll BURN FOREVER the ABBOMINATION that is 'Toon Sheik'.

I'll hunt this demon down to the ground!

I AM GETTING IMPATIENT!!!!!!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
GOD I just read those pages I laughed SO HARD primarily because of the non sense divine told and secondarily because of the commentator (those parts were hilarious)

but now, I don't know if I should be happy if mewtwo is confirmed in October because Sakurai doesn't have to rush he can make this happy break just a little longer right?

(I found divine hilarious but seriously it got to a point when it's so non sense that it's just not even worth reading and it doesn't bring what could have been some pertinent discusdions)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In a non-canon game totally unrelated to Zelda. Also, Roy was coded as 'Emblem', Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon as simply 'Pokemon', long story short: codenames excist for characters.

Also, the idea wasn't pulled through. Tetra made it as a trophy, if a Toon Sheik was planned where's it's trophy? Tetra's ship was also a stage. And Toon Sheik doesn't excist by just being planned. There's nothing that proofs her excistance. Same with Twilight Princess's Sheik :rolleyes: even if at least TP's Sheik got drafted. And TP was still in development, so Sheik in TP could've been a thing. Wind Waker was released for a long time already.

Also, if you're calling Sheik from Scirbblenauts 'Toon Sheik', surely we'll have Toon Ganondorf before her. He at least has a CANON-appearance. Heck, Toon Ganon is now a thing to! As well as Toon Epona! **** it, let's add Toon Epona while we're at it!

Besides, even IF Sakurai was stupid enough to create a Toon Sheik for Brawl, what gives he'd do it this time?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
funny, because neither of you don't have any proof to prove your points
Actually, we do. The data 100% says "Toon Sheik". The second, is that a Toon Sheik design exists as one of the random things in Scribblenauts. As of right now, she was quite clearly the original character planned, not Tetra. The data is very specific to that. Nobody is saying that she might not have been changed to Tetra later(which may have been a better choice, but it's hard to say), but doesn't change the initial intentions, which are stated directly.

Looks a lot like a Toon Sheik to me. I know it's a big image, but it's quite clearly there in black and white.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Actually, we do. The data 100% says "Toon Sheik". The second, is that a Toon Sheik design exists as one of the random things in Scribblenauts. As of right now, she was quite clearly the original character planned, not Tetra. The data is very specific to that. Nobody is saying that she might not have been changed to Tetra later(which may have been a better choice, but it's hard to say), but doesn't change the initial intentions, which are stated directly.

Looks a lot like a Toon Sheik to me. I know it's a big image, but it's quite clearly there in black and white.
Could be a codename.
Also, the only reason Sheik was Toon in Scribblenauts was because it would be pretty awkward if Sheik looked realistic.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067

just because user name is lobotheduck21, don't make my actually name

heck, there are nick names for a reason bro

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It looks like things are heating up in this thread! I think it will be best to hold off and put Diddy Vs Hyper on the Debatamania I card!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This 'Toon Sheik' again, isn't canon. And even was created FAR after Brawl's release. No point in trying to argue with Scribblenauts. Otherwise, I want my Toon Epona.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Could be a codename.
Also, the only reason Sheik was Toon in Scribblenauts was because it would be pretty awkward if Sheik looked realistic.
Nope. Pra_Mai is the only one we can't tell(it translates either to Plusle & Minun or Every Player). But that's not a codename. He meant Toon Sheik from the start, not Tetra. Otherwise the data would say "Tetra" instead. And he never had an issue with making clones of characters, that is, clones that don't exist outside of Smash. Again, Giga Bowser is proof of this. And he's playable in Brawl. Meaning that him making a Toon Sheik is absolutely believable and realistic.

We only hope he would've changed his mind, but who knows? All we know is, he meant Toon Sheik from the start quite blatantly. You don't make codenames for characters who have a full name. That makes zero sense.

@lob: Yeah, that's not a good enough argument. Data speaks better than "Oh, it must be a codename." Sorry, but nope. Not when it's a very clear name right here and now. There was no code name for Tetra. She has a name. Everybody knows it. Sakurai has zero reason to nickname Tetra as Toon Sheik, because it's entirely illogical to do so. We know what he meant, Toon Sheik, end of story.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought prai mai was my player, which could possibly be Miis.
Maybe. That's yet another one it could be. My Player also could've been a name for Random. But the data isn't too clear, since it's shortened.

All the rest are blatantly clear what the intended characters were. If Sakurai never made up characters for Smash, especially clones you can play as, it might've been believable that it was simply a code name for Tetra. But the problem is, he has, meaning a code name like that doesn't make a lick of sense, even for him. We know what his intentions were with that file, it's not rocket science. Of course, whether he would've changed his mind or not is actually questionable. We could've seen either.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Except that code names DO REALLY HAPPEN. Again, Roy isn't called Emblem. One with a logical mind can easily assume that low priority / late addition characters can get codenames. Even Pokémon Trainer is called Pokémon. Another rather simple assumption is that Sakurai wasn't informed about Sheik not being in Wind Waker (Adult Link using the Boomerang for example). Yet, that doesn't mean he has already made a Toon Sheik. Rather, he'd wait to get some propper designs from Nintendo first. WHICH DON'T EXCIST FOR TOON SHEIK!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Moon, where is the order?! The fans are all hopping over the barricade trying to add their two cents. We may need to get refs in here fast

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Plusle & Minun actually excist. But yeah, they could be fused togheter to right? Cause that's totally something Sakurai would do! I mean, Giga Bowser!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom