• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not really, else the Ice Climbers would have one file too, which is not the case.
It depends how they were implemented. If one died(no matter who), the other died. It could've been two hit boxes, similar to Ice Climbers. They might not have been separable, being truly one character with an essentially broken hitbox. We don't know. Again, it could be either.

Remember, the reason why Ice Climbers had two files was because they were separable. That means nothing for Pra_Mai since we do not know how Sakurai planned it at all. The problem with the file is that it's not blatant, it's entirely vague. Being a Mii is also very possible, especially considering how easy they'd be to make.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If it could be either, that's totally discreditted as proof then. Same with Toon Sheik. Except a Toon Sheik doesn't excist.

AND ESPECIALLY A TOON SHEIK WOULDN'T BE CONSIDERED NOR CREATED FOR SMASH! Not in Brawl, and especially not now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It depends how they were implemented. If one died(no matter who), the other died. It could've been two hit boxes, similar to Ice Climbers. They might not have been separable, being truly one character with an essentially broken hitbox. We don't know. Again, it could be either.
That makes no sense. If it's a duo character, I'm very certain there would have to be a file for the other character, even if the two were never broken from each other.

This thread is now about Miku:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That makes no sense. If it's a duo character, I'm very certain there would have to be a file for the other.
They do not need a separate file unless they are separable as is. If they always do the same actions, why would they need one? For all we know, hitting one affects the other. We have no legitimate idea what it was, and it could be anything. We have 3 realistic guesses, Mii, Random, and Plusle & Minun. All of them are very possible. And until Sakurai explains it himself, we'll never know which of the 3 is correct.

It's possible to make a gameshark/action replay code so that when attacking, you can hit someone no matter where they were. Hitboxes can be put anywhere on the character, including both at the same time. The coding was never impossible, as shown by hacking itself. I really can't see how all 3 possibilities would not exist.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sakurai wanted to make Diddy and Dixie a duo character, yet Dixie has her file.

No proof.

No Toon Sheik.

Not now. Not ever.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why hold these grudges against me for Impa? For all those who hate her, I haven't even been in discussion with even the half of you. And that's longer than a year ago already! Damn. Ain't no forgiving and forgetting around here huh? :glare:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have the jumping out of windows gifs ready if a Zelda debate involving Impa starts.
I really wish she got a damn Sticker. Poor thing never got mentioned in SSB in all 3 games(not that she would've done anything in the first one, but yeah) ever. A lot of characters in Brawl made appearances in Melee in some way. R.O.B. is one of the few exceptions, but he has a reason to get in, considering the history. Sonic and Snake are third party, so of course they wouldn't have a Melee cameo. Wolf was in the beginning scene. Olimar a trophy. Lucas supposedly was meant for 64, but Mother 64 got cancelled. I can't really find a citing on this one, though. Just constant people saying it. Same with Melee, but apparently Sakurai's crew wanted Ness kept. Mewtwo, Bowser, and Wolf were actually planned for 64. There was no way that Zelda would've gotten in Melee without Sheik, since that's her first form for which fighting existed. Young Link was just as important to the series as Adult Link anyway. Toon Link as well. Ganondorf... duh. Of course he was important. Pichu was just a clone. Seeing him leave and a similar character in Plusle & Minun would've made sense, considering the Young Link to Toon Link change. Giga Bowser's appearance in Brawl obviously existed because of his boss form in Melee. Zero Suit Samus was pretty important to Samus as a whole. Did I miss anyone up to Brawl?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Melee Dojo had the Lucas thing on Ness's page. It's in Japanese though.

Impa wasn't too important during and between Melee and Brawl. It's Skyward Sword which made her mot important. Don't worry, she'll be in Smash IN SOME FORM at least. And if that happens, by your logic she's totally suitable for the next Smash.

I ain't got no worries.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Why hold these grudges against me for Impa? For all those who hate her, I haven't even been in discussion with even the half of you. And that's longer than a year ago already! Damn. Ain't no forgiving and forgetting around here huh? :glare:
I dont really mind you talking about impa, i guess its just some people like to poke fun at ya or something like that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is like the big, beefy piece of beefsteak that makes all the gravy though. :cool:

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Why hold these grudges against me for Impa? For all those who hate her, I haven't even been in discussion with even the half of you. And that's longer than a year ago already! Damn. Ain't no forgiving and forgetting around here huh?
Meh, personally, I like shiek more for how it affects zelda.

With Shiek, it feels like Zelda is not only wise, but powerful, fast, and willing to get upclose to do some damage.

With Impa, it feels like, when the enemy gets in your face, run home, cry to mommy, then have her kick the crap put of here

however, I haven't played Skyward Sword, and have only played a little of OoT, so obviously my depth in series is not great and could change, but that's how I feel

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Play Skyward Sword. Or other Zelda games than Ocarina of Time (hint: Sheik is in no other game than OoT).

Also, Lucas was planned for MELEE Hyper... Not 64.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Play Skyward Sword. Or other Zelda games than Ocarina of Time (hint: Sheik is in no other game than OoT).
Wouldn't much change my mind, I'm afraid. I still prefer her Oracles version in Smash, because she's a large-sized woman, which Smash could use.

http://games.yahoo.co.jp/qa/detail?qid=1090755405 About that... Lucas is mentioned on this link, the same thing that cites Mewtwo, Bowser, and Dedede. Soooo... he kind of was. Just found this.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067

I'm not really into the zelda series, but I have played tiny amounts of all the games, including SS (just remember that), so most of my love for the character Zelda comes from melee

From what I've played my Favorite would have to be Majora's Mask, and Then Twilight Princess, mostely to the atmosphere, and you know...wolves,

As a barely zelda fan, I also say think that Skull Kid's design in Twilight Princess is much better then his design in Majora's Mask (without the mask)

Actually, kind of want to see TP Skull Kid wearing the mask

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oracles Impa basically did nothing. And why choose her old design? If anything, they'd do a composite design of Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword. With robe, weapons, armors, dark skin, braids, gangsta as **** tear tatoo (she must've killed one BIGGGGG dude) and a little more buff as in Ocarina of Time.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm pretty much satisfied with the Zelda roster we have now

I wouldn't mind Impa but the only character I would truly want from that series is mutha****in' Skull Kid (and he ain't getting in sooo yeah)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I love cats. So adorable and cute ^^

If your love for Zelda is mostly cause of Smash, I see why you'd want Sheik to stay though. And also, you kinda have to play SS till the end to appriciate Impa fully.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
My main disappointment with Impa was mainly due to how over hyped she was by certain forumers, my expectations were too large due to how apparently awesome she was and ultimately came crashing down by the time I finished Skyward Sword. All I could really muster up was a mere, "that's it?" and just moved on, granted I might have liked her more if I hadn't been as hyped. Needless to say I thoroughly enjoyed Skyward Sword with its different approach at gameplay and soundtrack, I'm hoping the timestones will make an appearance in a stage or two as that was probably the most well executed puzzle mechanic I've ever seen in a Zelda game .

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oracles Impa basically did nothing. And why choose her old design? If anything, they'd do a composite design of Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword. With robe, weapons, armors, dark skin, braids, gangsta as **** tear tatoo (she must've killed one BIGGGGG dude) and a little more buff as in Ocarina of Time.
Because she's a big lady. I already told you, I want to see those in Smash. A lot of games have Helga-like characters already. Or Amazons(the non-skinny variant). But Smash lacks this. Just seeing a non-skinny woman in Smash alone is nice. It means variety.

I'm not saying it's the best version, just the one I like the most. And it has nothing to do with storyline stuff either. I don't much care about story when it comes to choosing a version to put in. Just what they look like and what they can contribute. She can do everything the other versions of Impa can, plus can lift cows, using superhuman attacks, belly flops, and who knows what else? Every version(same maybe Old Woman Impa) have some great potential for movesets.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Jigglypuff is kinda fluffy.

Just blame Nintendo of shamelessly promoting anoretic blondes.

At least Impa isn't a white anoretic blonde.

See! A difference already! :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's totally Peach but fat.

Bowser would probably skip on kidnapping her. :smirk:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The worse part is, is that Oracles!Impa actually looks better and more deadly. Helps she clearly knows how to take care of people. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom