• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
I don't mean to get OT with Smash, but I have to ask this before I get AC: New Leaf: "Can I ignore the responsibilities of being a Mayor?"

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Yo dude! Ease up! You can't eat duck, you are LOBO the duck. You don't see me talking about eating monkey flesh either now?

Canibalism is wrong you know...
http://www.cracked.com/funny-6999-lobo/

3rd Pharagraph, 1st Sentence

Growing up he inflicted pain, suffering and death on all those that unfortunately crossed his path. Developing interests in Heavy Metal, motorcycles, guns, knives, and cannibalism

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't think I've ever seen. So I'm gonna ask Diddy Kong this? What are his thoughts on pairing Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong up?

Also god help us on this one. Zelda/Impa?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I don't mean to get OT with Smash, but I have to ask this before I get AC: New Leaf: "Can I ignore the responsibilities of being a Mayor?"
Yes but,.
you wouldn't get to build cool projects etc etc. being mayor isn't really a big burden just so you know :laugh:
Or just be player 2 and completely ignore the first guy you made.

annnnd I just got ninja'd by a strong maid.

@ the post below me, yeah thats cool, the great thing about AC is that you can play it however ya want.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Yes but,
you wouldn't get to build cool projects etc etc. being mayor isn't really a big burden just so you know :laugh:

Or just be player 2 and completely ignore the first guy you made.

I'd rather upgrade my house than build "cool" projects. :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think I've ever seen. So I'm gonna ask Diddy Kong this? What are his thoughts on pairing Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong up?

Also god help us on this one. Zelda/Impa?

Diddy & Dixie: If they where just paired up in Tropical Freeze, yeah, I'd be cool with it. However, since it's impossible, it'd only be a ********* for me. A big fat one. And I'd be pissed about character potential and all the like. So no. Would prefer them separate. Also with K.Rool of coarse of coarse.

Zelda and Impa: I can get behind that. Frankly, I've supported this for quite a long time. Then I realised the problems with balance, so no. Impa and Zelda also both separate please. But I'm more cool with Zelda and Impa pairing up than Diddy and Dixie.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Can't you mix and match Kongs in Tropical Freeze??? Or do you always need Donkey Kong?

I wouldn't mind a Diddy & Dixie team, I think its fitting for them to have since the DKC games are based around Kong duos

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I do worry about Dixie as a solo character. I want her as a solo character so the DK series gets plenty of reps, but I worry about just how different she could really be from Diddy.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I do worry about Dixie as a solo character. I want her as a solo character so the DK series gets plenty of reps, but I worry about just how different she could really be from Diddy.

Her ponytail is enough to warrant a difference. And her bubblegum.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Spoons are just bowls on sticks.

Anyways, since Zelda was brought up, I'm playing though Link's Awakening for my wife now, she likes watching me play games. :3

(We were going through Minish Cap but that freakin coin matching thing got too flipping annoying.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can't you mix and match Kongs in Tropical Freeze??? Or do you always need Donkey Kong?

I wouldn't mind a Diddy & Dixie team, I think its fitting for them to have since the DKC games are based around Kong duos

You always need DK indeed. Which makes me upset as ****. But am still most likely getting the game though.

"Play Zelda for me baby"

Pillow talk at it's finest IMO
Say you play the ocarina real well, and know a lullaby or two.

If you get me ;)
Don't worry.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You always need DK indeed. Which makes me upset as ****. But am still most likely getting the game though.
What??? I was under the impression you can mix 'n match Kongs to reach different areas. At least that is what i took away from the tropical freeze E3 Direct.

This is the 2nd piece of upsetting news i've heard today...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No I don't get you. Tell me exactly what you mean.

That you can make your Hookshot into a Longshot for her.

IF YOU GET ME

What??? I was under the impression you can mix 'n match Kongs to reach different areas. At least the said in the tropical freeze E3 Direct.

This is the 2nd piece of upsetting news i've heard today...

Wat wat wat wat? THEY SAID THAT!?

This might be the BEST NEWS I've heard yet!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That you can make your Hookshot into a Longshot for her.

IF YOU GET ME

Wat wat wat wat? THEY SAID THAT!?

This might be the BEST NEWS I've heard yet!
i'm gonna watch the DKC:TF E3 Direct to try to get to the bottom this.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ah wth...

<-- My OTP <3

ANYWAY, I just can't help but wonder if Diddy perhaps took some of Dixie's moves/properties/concepts, since, well, Dixie was scrapped (the duo team as well). So essentially Sakurai kinda merged Dixie and Diddy into the Diddy we have today if that makes any sense. Dunno if Sakurai did something like that, but even if he did, I don't think it hinders Dixie's chances.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am thinking it's true though, cause otherwise you'd probably have seen Diddy and Dixie togheter already. I doubt they'd let by a mentoin of DKC2 like that, especially since they probably know it was the most succesful DKC.

Diddy could just have a few more tail moves and he'd be fine ;)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Am thinking it's true though, cause otherwise you'd probably have seen Diddy and Dixie togheter already. I doubt they'd let by a mentoin of DKC2 like that, especially since they probably know it was the most succesful DKC.

Diddy could just have a few more tail moves and he'd be fine
Jump to 2:45 (or you can jump to 1:45 to hear him talk about DK's amazing fur :awesome: ). They mention how you can pick who you play as.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Whoops, sorry Croph, forgot you asked me about your avatar.

WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF YOUR AVATAR *THUMBS UP SPARKLE* except for me because I think it's just fine i mean.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Jump to 2:45 (or you can jump to 1:45 to hear him talk about DK's amazing fur :awesome: ). They mention how you can pick who you play as.

Despite development costs they decided on the expensive fur. That's amazing. Heard it before, now I'm reminded again. This is awesome.

They don't really talk about the characters and team-ups though. And that's the thing man. They didn't directly say you can have both Diddy and Dixie. Just that boys will prefer Diddy, and girls Dixie. Donkey Kong is also male, so in their sence you also appeal to boys. Another thing they say is that some secrets can only be reached with a Kong's special ability. Pairing Diddy and Dixie up will of coarse lead to finding more secrets easier.

Unless they give Donkey Kong some special sort of ability that sets him appart, like Diddy's Peanut Popguns and Rocket Barrel made him unique and Dixie having her helicoper spin. Maybe his thing is being able to pair up? And that Diddy can't have Dixie on her back. Wondering how that would work anyway, seeing both use jumps to active their aerial abilities. Helicopter spin first then another boost with the Jetpack? A roll would throw either Diddy or Dixie, damaging like barrels or thrown enemies would.

Hoping they add something only DK could do. But as it looks now, I see that Player 1 is locked to DK, while player 2 can choose between Diddy, Dixie or the other Kong. And it pisses me off a little, cause it makes Diddy's role smaller and Dixie's inclusion less impressive. The game still looks fun though. But there are definitely things I wanna see in the series still to REALLY make it DKC. That's more or less: tagteams by choice and Kremlings. Not even being too picky with animal buddies. They could include new ones this time to easily I feel.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Yes...this expands dong...

Is all of that talk about a secret 4th playable character true? If so, then I hope it's K.Rool. It might just be what he needs to get into smash 4!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wouldn't get my hopes too high for him being in Tropical Freeze. They might make Lanky Kong the fourth rep since they only said the Kongs would be playable and there's the fact that Funky Kong hates adventuring. Oh well, yet another missed opportunity for the King of the Kremlings. :urg:

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Maybe he'll have a new alias like in DKC2 and 3. He'll wear a giant Gorilla suit so everyone will think he's one of the Kongs. We'll call him...King.K.Kong

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Maybe he'll have a new alias like in DKC2 and 3. He'll wear a giant Gorilla suit so everyone will think he's one of the Kongs. We'll call him...King.K.Kong
I prefer Kong K. Rool. :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tropical Freeze will not have K.Rool in any way I think. Think that kinda goes against the game's plot. I have hopes for a third and final DKCR though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Despite development costs they decided on the expensive fur. That's amazing. Heard it before, now I'm reminded again. This is awesome.

They don't really talk about the characters and team-ups though. And that's the thing man. They didn't directly say you can have both Diddy and Dixie. Just that boys will prefer Diddy, and girls Dixie. Donkey Kong is also male, so in their sence you also appeal to boys. Another thing they say is that some secrets can only be reached with a Kong's special ability. Pairing Diddy and Dixie up will of coarse lead to finding more secrets easier.

Unless they give Donkey Kong some special sort of ability that sets him appart, like Diddy's Peanut Popguns and Rocket Barrel made him unique and Dixie having her helicoper spin. Maybe his thing is being able to pair up? And that Diddy can't have Dixie on her back. Wondering how that would work anyway, seeing both use jumps to active their aerial abilities. Helicopter spin first then another boost with the Jetpack? A roll would throw either Diddy or Dixie, damaging like barrels or thrown enemies would.

Hoping they add something only DK could do. But as it looks now, I see that Player 1 is locked to DK, while player 2 can choose between Diddy, Dixie or the other Kong. And it pisses me off a little, cause it makes Diddy's role smaller and Dixie's inclusion less impressive. The game still looks fun though. But there are definitely things I wanna see in the series still to REALLY make it DKC. That's more or less: tagteams by choice and Kremlings. Not even being too picky with animal buddies. They could include new ones this time to easily I feel.
This is true, some clarity would be helpful (When has this not been said about Nintendo dev quote :rolleyes:). I just interpreted the statement as you can play as your favorite Kongs. But we'll have to wait and see.

It seems that DK is more of the balanced chatacter, i have yet to see anything special only DK can do.

This and Watch Dogs are my most anticipated games this year!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If there's a fourth Kong I hope it's K. Rool wearing a wig posing as one of the D.K. Family?

''It's me Funky! Don't you see my boombox, way cool shades, and trending bandanna?"
''Why is your fur so green?"
''Oh my god, Diddy. You can't just ask a Kong why his fur is green! Maybe he hasn't showered!"

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
I want Dk's fur for a playable character in smash and the fourth kong in the new Donkey Kong game. It would easily be top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom