• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If there's a fourth Kong I hope it's K. Rool wearing a wig posing as one of the D.K. Family?

''It's me Funky! Don't you see my boombox, way cool shades, and trending bandanna?"
''Why is your fur so green?"
''Oh my god, Diddy. You can't just ask a Kong why his fur is green! Maybe he hasn't showered!"
King K. Rool has gone under so many disguises I wouldn't be surprised seeing King K. Rool Kong as one of his alternate personas.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The DKs...

Seriously, I'm liking Smash 4's DK the best as he looks much more friendlier and cute with the more detailed fur.

Though, probably my fave portrayal of DK:

Heeey yo, look out down below!
Here he comes, banana slamma!
Kongo Bongo's hero!
Heeey yo, Donkey Kong, let's go let's go!
OOOOH AH!!~

:awesome:

Seriously, if you haven't seen the show, I definitely recommend it. Pretty nostalgic for me haha. And just a couple weeks ago I was re-watching some episodes, actually.

It's a kids show, as you can tell, especially with the singalong songs. But even now I don't mind it haha.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The DKs...

Seriously, I'm liking Smash 4's DK the best as he looks much more friendlier and cute with the more detailed fur.

Though, probably my fave portrayal of DK:

Heeey yo, look out down below!
Kongo Bongo's hero!
Heeey yo, Donkey Kong, let's go let's go!
OOOOH AH!!~

:awesome:

Seriously, if you haven't seen the show, I definitely recommend it. Pretty nostalgic for me haha. And just a couple weeks ago I was re-watching some episodes, actually.

It's a kids show, as you can tell, especially with the singalong songs. But even now I don't mind it haha.

Oh man the fox block/box had great shows back in the day, like kirby right back at ya & sonic x (damn 4kids). I barely remember this tho since i was like 4-5 at the time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Brawl's DK was pretty awesome. Liked 64's least, cause he looked like he had a triangle head, and other things that bugged me. Melee's DK's mouth is too big and different, but it was a big improvement on 64's. Brawl's even more. This is just a smaller step, but a good one still. He looks a little cutesy in that pic yeah. But not so much here.

Here they really got his personality right. I think this pic in general is awesome, just because it gets ALL character's personality right. It's exactly how they'd act in a fight I feel. DK and Bowser both not even really bothered with Luigi being there in the first place :laugh:

I like his serious look better than his goofy ones. By... A lot. Guess it kinda fits him though.

This pic is awesome for one big reason : NO TEETH! :D And he's happy about it it seems.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm sorry, but DK's yellow-ish(?) teeth in Brawl creeped me out a little. I blame it on the absence of Dr. Mario! jk jk :laugh:

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Brawl's DK was pretty awesome. Liked 64's least, cause he looked like he had a triangle head, and other things that bugged me. Melee's DK's mouth is too big and different, but it was a big improvement on 64's. Brawl's even more. This is just a smaller step, but a good one still. He looks a little cutesy in that pic yeah. But not so much here.

Here they really got his personality right. I think this pic in general is awesome, just because it gets ALL character's personality right. It's exactly how they'd act in a fight I feel. DK and Bowser both not even really bothered with Luigi being there in the first place

I like his serious look better than his goofy ones. By... A lot. Guess it kinda fits him though.

This pic is awesome for one big reason : NO TEETH! :D And he's happy about it it seems.
Ya, 64 design was pretty awful imo, and brawl was definitely the best (dat yeti alt)

I actually like his goofy side a little bit more, makes it seam like he's just in smash to have fun, although I like the idea of him being more serious towards "big" characters, like bowser, ganon, and the king d

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Speaking of DK, I don't think any Kongs aside from DK, Diddy and Dixie were announced/shown to be in Tropical Freeze yet.

If you could only get one more Kong in Tropical Freeze, who would you choose?

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of DK, I don't think any Kongs aside from DK, Diddy and Dixie were announced/shown to be in Tropical Freeze yet.

If it HAD to be one of the Kongs, I'd go with Kiddy. He's just as big as D.K and just as strong (If not stronger). The only thing I don't like about this though is he doesn't really bring anything new to the table... (well, aside from being able to "team up" and smash through cracks in the ground)

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067

I hope it's lankey, he's probably the most unique kong left out of kiddy (who's alot like donkey), tiny (who's a dixie clone, and redesign is awful), and chunky (who'd I think would make somewhat of a hard transition from 3-D platforming to 2-D, and is already alot like donkey)

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681

I hope it's King.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong Moveset

Dixe Kong

Innate ability: Like Peach the jump button can be held. If this happens, Dixie will descend slower while twirling her hair and gain the ability to move back and forth.
Specials

Up B Squawks: Appears above in a burst of feathers and grabs Dixie's pony tail. There is a small vertical jolt when the parrot seizes her hair. Squawks can then navigate freely. A press of A will have him shoot out a nut from his mouth. Eventually he will let go and fly away or a press of the jump button will have Dixie freefall away from his talons.

Down B Bubble Gum (inspired by Shorties Dixie Kong moveset): Holding Down B will cause Dixie to blow a pink bubble which swells and slowly raises Dixie Kong off the ground. A release of Down B will cause the bubble gum to fly off in a descending arc. Anyone hit with it will pop up as it explodes, but if it collides with a wall or floor the gum will become a sticky puddle. An enemy that collides with it will become temporarily stuck.

The puddle eventually disappears over time or if Dixie uses another bubble.

Toward B Barrel roll: Dixie flips upside down and during the rotation grabs a DK barrel out of hammer space and runs in place on top of it. The longer she goes in one direction, the faster the barrel rolls.

Can change direction if the barrel is not going too fast, otherwise she can tumble off. The barrel will smash if it collides with a wall or character. Dixie can jump off. Though it is slower to execute if the barrel is going fast. A clever Dixie can slow down the speed of the barrel by slowly going one way then another, then jumping off. The barrel will be stationary and become an item she can pick up.

In the air, Dixie gains a bit of a pop as she takes the barrel out and runs on top of it. But she cannot jump off until she hits the ground. Barrel can bounce.

B Hair Grab: Dixie swings her hair hair back and then forward when it becomes a grab. When the tip connects with the foe, the hair wraps around the enemy.

Aerial: Constricts immediately and pops the enemy upwards.

Ground: Wraps around enemy and then unwinds sending the enemy forward as he or she twirls really fast. The enemy gains control of the movement as momentum wanes down. The higher the percentage, the faster and longer the spin. The enemy cannot jump or perform moves.
Attacks

A: Pivots her hips forward to deliver a butt attack. Good bounce.

Tilt A: Supports her body with a one hand, as she kicks forward with both feet and then slinks back into a stand position

Crouch: Low on all fours with her head tilted and her long pony tail laying on the floor trailing parallel to her body.

Down A: Swishes her pony tail forward low on the floor. The tip pushes away, the middle pops the enemy, and the base can trip if hit just right

Up A: Supports her body with a curved pony tail, leans back, and performs a back flip with one leg extra extended. Big hitbox, but comes with lag.

Dash A: Performs a grounded helicopter pony tail attack.

Up Smash: Looks at screen and head bangs once shooting her pony tail straight up. Knocks opponents away and the tip can grab them, pulling them back to the stage to bounce off the floor.

Down Smash (inspired by BirthNote's drawing): Jolts her neck to the side and slaps her ponytail hard against the floor behind her, then jolts her neck to the other side slapping the floor once more with her ponytail. Good clear move and could KO at higher percentages

Forward Smash: Spins her hair behind her like a giant blond fan propelling her toward the enemy as she swings an accelerated punch. Goes far with decent power.
Aerial Attacks

Forward Aerial: Leans back and does a succession of bicycle kicks (five total kicks, last hits the hardest)

Down Aerial: Looks at screen and slaps downward with both open palms, which leads into a somersault and another double open palm slap

Up Aerial: Flips upside down, holds her beret with both hands, scrunches like a spring and kicks straight up

Back Aerial: Locks hands together forming a hammerfist and flips backwards smashing her interlocked hands on the opponent's head. Hits down and away. Reverse DK forward aerial. But less powerful.

Neutral Aerial: Split in the air
Throws
Grab: Grabs with hands. Open grab she jumps on opponent's head and wraps her hair around their body.

Jab: Pounds a fist on their head

Forward throw: Starts wildly slapping their head. Can control the opponent's movement at this point by moving them forward or backwards. At the end, Dixie is shrugged off into the air by opponent.

Down Throw: Dixie leaps into the air, her hair (still wrapped around the enemy) pulls her body back down, crashing onto the opponent's head sending them into the floor

Back Throw: Jumps off in front of opponent and hoists them above her head (like how she holds a barrel) and then tosses them. KO potential.

Up Throw: Flips off opponent and hoists them straight upwards with her ponytail before releasing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been looking up Batman videos recently for some reason

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I like a lot of cartoons.

1980s: Scooby-Doo, He-Man, G.I. Joe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, DuckTales, Super Mario Bros. Super Show, The Legend of Zelda, Captain N: The Game Master

1990s: Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck, Disney's Aladdin, Disney's Gargoyles, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Pinky and the Brain, The Tweety & Sylvester Mysteries, Batman The Animated Series, Superman The Animated Series, X-Men, Spider-Man, Captain Planet, Mega Man, Powerpuff Girls, Pokémon

2000s: SpongeBob SquarePants, Batman Beyond, The Batman, Justice League Unlimited, Static Shock, X-Men: Evolution, Avatar: The Last Airbender

2010s: The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show

Yeah... I watched a lot of cartoons in my teens. :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

1980s: Scooby-Doo, He-Man, G.I. Joe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, DuckTales, Super Mario Bros. Super Show, The Legend of Zelda, Captain N: The Game Master

1990s: Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck, Disney's Aladdin, Disney's Gargoyles, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Pinky and the Brain, The Tweety & Sylvester Mysteries, Batman The Animated Series, Superman The Animated Series, X-Men, Spider-Man, Captain Planet, Mega Man, Powerpuff Girls, Pokémon

2000s: SpongeBob SquarePants, Batman Beyond, The Batman, Justice League Unlimited, Static Shock, X-Men: Evolution, Avatar: The Last Airbender

2010s: The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time, Regular Show

Yeah... I watched a lot of cartoons in my teens. :awesome:
Fixed. (Repeated Gumball just to let you know). :troll:

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
I watch too many cartoons these days, lol. I'm pretty much addicted to Gravity Falls & Adventure Time right now, and I've been getting into MLP, and even Ducktales. Also the Last Airbender is the best thing ever, no contest.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
LOL Thanks for fixing that... I really like that show... :awesome:

Right now I am playing Animal Crossing... my gate is open... itching to visit towns... PM me the 3DS friend codes.

OMG... I am so bored... SSB4 needs to come out now... or at least reveal a newcomer who is not Ridley.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067

2010s: The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show

Yeah... I watched a lot of cartoons in my teens.
Try Korra, Duck Tales, Both 2003 and 2012 TMNT, Young Justice, Green Lantern, Avengers: EMH, and maybe Batman Brave and the Bold (was 12 when I watched it last, so might not be as good as I remember)

Batman: TBATB is way different then previous shows, it's based on the light hearted 60's and 70's batman, and sometimes breaks the 4th wall, basically somewhat like Ultimate Spider-Man, but way better

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
OMG... I am so bored... SSB4 needs to come out now... or at least reveal a newcomer who is not Ridley.
We're not going to get a newcomer for a while, hell 3 of em at E3 was being generous! They're just gonna keep peppering us with veterans until bam, they hit us with a surprise newcomer!

...please be Isaac, Sakurai I will come to your house and...do something to your cat! I don't know what but he wont like it!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I didn't get to see those shows since I rarely watched TV during most of the 2000s.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We're not going to get a newcomer for a while, hell 3 of em at E3 was being generous! They're just gonna keep peppering us with veterans until bam, they hit us with a surprise newcomer!

...please be Isaac, Sakurai I will come to your house and...do something to your cat! I don't know what but he wont like it!
According to a new rumor, we're gonna get Palutena right before TGS.

And Zero Suit Samus in four days. What do you guys think about that?

Also Divine is still here.... Who'da thunk?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
According to a new rumor, we're gonna get Palutena right before TGS.

And Zero Suit Samus in four days. What do you guys think about that?

Also Divine is still here.... Who'da thunk?
ZSS should've been revealed a while ago, since we already know about Samus's Zero Laser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom