• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just learned how distinguishing and disturbing ducks were

Do not look up facts about ducks
The sad part is that I know exactly what you're talking about. Poor ducks...

That being said, Bowserlick, we're not pigs. Frankly, the thread closing was for the best.

RIP Marht.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The only reason why I have my 360 is because I had SF4 for my dad's 360 and then got one for myself for college. At this point, I'm strongly considering getting a PS4 the next time around (and look on getting a dual arcade stick) since there are strong communities for Tekken and BlazBlue there.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'll buy a PS4 only when Kingdom Hearts III comes out. I'm pretty much done with XBOX, even though they have the superior controller.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Still waiting on E3 to sell me on a Wii U. Definitely won't be getting the PS4 and next X-Box, especially with all the rumors I have been hearing.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That whole used game blockage rumor for the PS4 has already been deconfirmed by Sony if that's what you're referring to

But yeah, Wii U will probably be the last new console I will ever get for a while

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I won't likely be getting a PS4 or Nextbox. I'll probably mostly stick with the Wii U and 3DS over the next few years. I may eventually get a Vita, though, because there are a few games for that system that I'm legitimately interested in.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
For the current generation (or last generation), my only consoles were Wii and DS. As I said before, I am not as interested in games as I used to be. I even had a Sega Saturn back in the day. I play mostly my older consoles nowadays.

Habanero is right that I am pretty much burnt out on most of Nintendo's franchises at this point. I could go for another great Metroid and F-Zero though. I will also pick up Mother 3 if that ever gets localized too (EarthBound is one of my favorite RPGs of all time). I have a "wait and see" attitude in regards to Zelda 3DS. Hopefully, its not trash like PH and ST were. Zelda in general has disappointed me all during this generation, I think I am just about done with that series.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't gonna bother with the PS4, till ArcSys said they were making an exclusive fighting game for PS4. Now I gotta get one eventually.

Guilty Gear X Blazblue PLOX!!

On Chrono's offtopic question. I was gonna say PC, but then I realized that Piracy is half of what makes PC godly. A lot of those quirky Japanese games like Rance and Touhou can only be played if 'ye get yer booty from da intarwebs ya do!' Same goes for visual novels.

So then I thought about PS3 due to the endless hours I could spend playing Guilty Gear online or Blazblue, as well as KoF and Bayonetta and such...

But, I think PC might win out in the end, simply because Chrono said no piracy, but he didn't say anything about mods. Modding is what makes games eternal.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well one thing for sure about the Wii U is that there are titles out there that are interesting me, it's just that when the stuff comes out is the problem. The 5 games that interest me on that platform are X, Super Smash Bros., Bayonetta 2, Yoshi's Epic Yarn, and Pikmin 3. However among those, only Pikmin 3 has a release date. Also, going to skip over the Mario rubbish, because those are not worth bothering with.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The sad part is that I know exactly what you're talking about. Poor ducks...

That being said, Bowserlick, we're not pigs. Frankly, the thread closing was for the best.

RIP Marht.
You could have just posted in here instead. It was not for the best. Selfish pig.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I really wish Nintendo would do a lot more with the 3DS VC. Why haven't Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3 shown up yet? Where's Balloon Fight and Wario's Woods? These games were available within a year for the Wii's Virtual Console.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It's funny how people talk about off-topic discussion like it's done intentionally or something

Off-topic discussion almost always spins off from actual on-topic discussion, and goes on because it becomes the current topic of interest

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I really wish Nintendo would do a lot more with the 3DS VC. Why haven't Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3 shown up yet? Where's Balloon Fight and Wario's Woods? These games were available within a year for the Wii's Virtual Console.

I guess it's priorities getting in the way. Remember that the eShop, unlike stuff like the Wii shop, has a bigger emphasis on other content like the 3DSware, demos, DLC, and retail games. There's more stuff to handle this time around, unlike with the Wii or DSi shops.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wario's Woods being released on the 3DS's VC would be a Day 1 purchase for me. I really, really love that game. Its my favorite puzzle game of all time.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
On Chrono's offtopic question. I was gonna say PC, but then I realized that Piracy is half of what makes PC godly..
I probably should have just said home video game console. I know someone else previously brought up the PC as their choice and I said for this topic I did not count it as a game console.

I should probably narrow down the subject to just Nintendo consoles.

D

Deleted member

I can't really decide what console I truly want the most. I think it might be because I haven't really played much lately. Maybe I can provide a better answer... but it'd be too late for this discussion.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You could have just posted in here instead. It was not for the best. Selfish pig.

At this point you're either trolling or are getting absolutely worked up over pointless things.

And furthermore, an opossum and a pig are quite different. As far as classification, they may be in the same Kingdom, Phylum, and Class (Animalia, Chordata, and Mammalia, respectively), but once they reach the Order, they diverge. The Virginia Opossum follows the order of Didelphimorphia, with the domestic pig being Artiodactyla.

So there's that.

D

Deleted member

I probably should have just said home video game console. I know someone else previously brought up the PC as their choice and I said for this topic I did not count it as a game console.

I should probably narrow down the subject to just Nintendo consoles.
Oh, if it's Ninty only, no Piracy, then it's Wii by a long shot.

I've already played all of the DS/GBA games that matter. And I've got plenty to still play on the Wii, not to mention it has backwards compatability to GCN and the VC.

Wii, is also easily moddable even if you don't pirate, as well.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The only modding I've done on the Wii is stuff related to Project M, but my Wii has been busted for a while so I haven't been playing the game in a while. Might pick up the Wii U sometime later as a replacement, but eh who knows. My main concern is the lack of Gamecube Controller support and me not having the Wii Classic Controller to compensate to an extent.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Smash 4 is literally the only game I am looking forward to.

I also have my eye on Zelda 3DS, though knowing how the DS Zeldas turned out (I skipped out on Spirit Tracks because it looked like the same trash that was PH), I most likely will skip out on it. Its pretty much my love for A Link To The Past that I am even paying attention to it. Wind Waker HD has potential if that game brings in a lot of extras, however, if its the same game with a shinier coat of paint, I will definitely pass on it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'll buy a PS4 only when Kingdom Hearts III comes out. I'm pretty much done with XBOX, even though they have the superior controller.
This is my opinion on the Xbox (Kingdom Hearts is so old and overrated IMO). The 360 was a great console because developers design their games with PC-esk technology (which the Xbox 360 has and the PS3 doesn't).

Now that the PS4 is using PC-esk technology, that won't be a problem. With the lack of quality 1st and 2nd party games (Halo and Gears of War aside, and quite frankly, there are dozens of better shooters on the PC), I'm doubting that I'll buy the next Xbox.
Definitely won't be getting the PS4 and next X-Box, especially with all the rumors I have been hearing.
Most of them are the same false rumors we heard about the PS1, PS2, and the Xbox 360.

Now if you're referring to the "Always-On," it is probably not Always-ON DRM, but rather, "Always On" console updates (so you don't have to update for several minutes, or sometimes, hours). I'm not worried about that. What I'm worried about is if Microsoft will make me want a Xbox , or if Microsoft will continue their barely better than the PSN Xbox Live Gold Membership crap.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It's funny how people talk about off-topic discussion like it's done intentionally or something

Off-topic discussion almost always spins off from actual on-topic discussion, and goes on because it becomes the current topic of interest
After the last warning, off-topic disrespectful posts to the moderator have been posted. Starts at page 755. Purposely sending the thread into lock-down. Selfish Pigs. I don't know why they didn't get warnings instead of the thread being locked.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

But most people don't curve it back to the actual topic. That's a thing in forums: You can go off topic if you relay it back to the topic. The problem is most posters go off topic and stay off topic. That's why you'll find in a lot of my posts I go "full circle" with topics.
That thread wasn't all that great, anyway without Johnknight1 the Great
Fixed to be an accurate statement. Because, quite frankly, I made that thread. I was the first one to bring it to the over 9,000 power/post level. And quite frankly, generic character discussion is a rather stale topic, and I'm in a way glad it died. Specific character discussion is much more intriguing, and gameplay discussion is even moreso entertaining, and tons more productive (after all, we play smash primarily for the gameplay).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I really just hope Wii U does get better for me too, I have still no idea what this console's going to do. It's like it's having some kind of an identity crisis.

D

Deleted member

This is my opinion on the Xbox (Kingdom Hearts is so old and overrated IMO).
THANK YOU!

KH was cool when we were angsty prepubescent 14 year olds. Now there is literally nothing in that series worth a damn.

he 360 was a great console because developers design their games with PC-esk technology (which the Xbox 360 has and the PS3 doesn't).
360 was actually a better console than the PS3, but PS3 had better exclusives.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Chrono Trigger 2 would be the greatest thing to happen to humanity since the time we all forgot about Duke Nukem Forever happened.
THANK YOU!

KH was cool when we were angsty prepubescent 14 year olds. Now there is literally nothing in that series worth a damn.
I didn't think it was cool for angsty people. I just thought it was big with "hardcore" PS1 Final Fantasy fans, Disney fans, Japanese pop fans, and many non-gamers. The story in the franchise is one of the worst in a AAA title.

As for the gameplay though, I thought it was pretty great. The first game I felt, albeit somewhat confusing in the level design department at some areas, had some very great boss battles, cool moves, and an overall fun battle system. The second game had a perfect battle system (minus the "press X or Triangle to win" parts), but it was way too easy, the bosses generally weren't as good, and you could clearly feel how limited that game was by the PS2.

I haven't played any of the other titles, but quite frankly, they just look like B or C-grade spin-offs. Given the huge gap in between titles, I have completely lost interest in the franchise, unless it's story stops sucking, it's characters stop sucking (kill Sora, Riku, and the weird looking chick who hangs out with them), it actually gets a 8th gen sequel, and it has a more cohesive flow to the game.
360 was actually a better console than the PS3, but PS3 had better exclusives.
No, the 360 was more custom made for ports. The PS3 had much better hardware, and was easily the most powerful console of the 7th generation of gaming.

D

Deleted member

rather get chrono 3 or TWEWY2 then another kh game
I'm scared of TWEWY sequel.

The original is FLAWLESS. The best DS title by FAR. It also closed up nicely.

I get the feeling a sequel wouldn't live up to the standard set by the first.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Chrono Trigger 2: Where someone goes back in time and erases Chrono Trigger and the main characters have to un-erase it, re-erase it, re-create it (better than ever), and get into a super awesome battle to determine the fate of the universe.

Also, multiple dimensions. Yes, I went there, and I crapped it out. :shades:

D

Deleted member

No, the 360 was more custom made for ports. The PS3 had much better hardware, and was easily the most powerful console of the 7th generation of gaming.
The 360 was easier to program for, Sony's Cell processor was a DUMB ****ing move. It was difficult to work with and had strange architecture. Also, there have been tests comparing the overall performance of both console and the 360 beats out the PS3 in most cases. Sony just had good marketing (especially with their whole, "with enough PS3 you build and nuke or w/e") and Sony fanboys are very vocal.

Best example is Bayonetta.

But even looking at exclusives, compare the loading times in games like Halo3, to MGS4.

I've owned both consoles at some point, and while I prefer the PS3, I have to admit the 360 had better performance (too bad everything else, from the online to the controller sucked ass).

On KH, you mean THESE kinds of fans?:

**** still makes me feel like putting a Hemmingway to my throat and pulling the trigger.

If ANYONE caught that subtle reference, you have earned my earnest respect

D

Deleted member

^ I was expecting that to be a Nigel Thornberry "smashing" face GIF.
Nah, Nigel Thornberry is so 2012.

It's a Reddit tier meme now. It's only a matter of time before 9Gag jumps in on it too and kills it. Gotta stay on the cutting edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom