• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I dunno why peepz complain about FS so much you know they can be turned of right...but yes i do agree they were executed pretty poorly but it was the first time they were introduced into smash..and who knows maybe Sakurai wants them to be quick & simple..?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Theres gonna be alotra dreams like that till June...
We got essentially 1 more month... May is gonna be rough if i keep getting that dream

As for FSs I just wish Bowser did something involving his clown copter, rather than giga bowser

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Final Smashes should work like Super Moves in SF/BB/GG/etc.
That would be more ideal, with balance where ever it's needed. I believe the fan game Super Smash Bros. Crusade does that with the standard meter, and you activate the move by pressing the neutral special.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
We got essentially 1 more month... May is gonna be rough if i keep getting that dream

As for FSs I just wish Bowser did something involving his clown copter, rather than giga bowser
Hmmm..i do dearly miss Giga Bowser as a boss..but imo Giga Bowser was the most satisfying FS in brawl.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Giga Bowser's hitboxes were so weird and up high that they hardly hit anything. The freeze effects were cool though; so like... whatever you know.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Alright, this is going to be a weird question, but here goes.

Would you care if Mario was removed from Super Smash Bros.?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Just a thought:

WiiU disc size is 25GB right?

Does anyone know if WiiU disc are Dual Layer or can be?

Damn the sweetest thing ever if at E3 Sakurai announces that Sm4sh WiiU's Disc will be the first Dual Layerd WiiU game! Omfgfgggf.

Also how big are Xbox360's discs? Lol i have one but dont even know...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yoshi's, Link and Ike's FS were satisfying
Luigi, Peach, DK, and ZSS were all lame

Idk how much space do Blu ray discs usually hold???

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
No, not really surprisingly, I don't know he was my favorite when I was young playing Melee, but now he seems kinda boring, he's definately in though, obviously.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
A little bit. I actually main Doc in Melee and Mario in P:M, play him a bit in 64 as well.

Now, if FLUDD Mario was removed I would be ecstatic. FLUDD was a dumb addition to his moveset and it really needs to go.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I would definitely care if Mario was removed, I love Mario

@Phazon- IIRC, 360 discs have about as much space as a regular DVD disk (which is about 9 GB)

I dunno if Wii U discs can be dual layered though

@Monkey- Around 25 GB

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It wasn't dumb. It was just poorly executed.
No, it really was. There's nothing that FLUDD adds to his moveset that he needs that isn't covered by one of his Melee specials.

Take this from someone who really liked Sunshine: FLUDD was a really stupid addition, and it makes me worry that Sakurai sees characters movesets as unimportant.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Watch for SSB4 they replace the FLUDD that shoots water with a Luma that spits Star Bits

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Damn..just looked it 360 discs are 7.95 GB max...& WiiU is 25GB holy cow they better use 90/+ of tge disc space like they did with Melee & Brawl. Sm4sh WiiU is gonna be insane.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
True, Fludd did not damage just stunned opponents for a second not very effective like Squirtle's water gun which is the same thing.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I don't think Mario is suppose to get the best "type" of an attack. So his "water stream" attack had to be inferior to Squirtles.

*You guys who just could not stay on topic on the Character Roster discussion forum, even after multiple warnings, are ****ing pigs.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I don't think Mario is suppose to get the best "type" of an attack. So his "water stream" attack had to be inferior to Squirtles.

*You guys who just could not stay on topic on the Character Roster discussion forum, even after multiple warnings, are ****ing pigs.
Tbh im glad that thread got locked peepz have gone back to the own huts A.K.A there fav char spec threads instead of...yh the reason that **** got locked...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Cuz you're one to talk.

Listen, it was everyone's fault. Pointing fingers isn't gonna solve anything.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
People purposely disobeyed the warnings, stating that the thread should not even exist in the first place. They could have then posted in here instead. But they rather just ruin it for everyone. ****ing Pigs!

But in other news, not much longer until news of the games after such a long drought.

D

Deleted member

Damn..just looked it 360 discs are 7.95 GB max...& WiiU is 25GB holy cow they better use 90/+ of tge disc space like they did with Melee & Brawl. Sm4sh WiiU is gonna be insane.
And Ridley is still 2big4Smash...

Alright, this is going to be a weird question, but here goes.

I actually would. Melee Mario was first main, and a lot of fun to use. Deep down something would be missing.

I'm one of the few who actually likes Mario. Though I liked him a lot more from SNES to early GCN eras. Wii Generation largely ruined him.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

That's really faulty logic. Balance doesn't work that way.

And I'm no pig, and you should know that.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
That's really faulty logic. Balance doesn't work that way.

And I'm no pig, and you should know that.
Faulty logic? I never mentioned balance. I was going by the flavor of Mario. Seems true. Mario has tools, just not the best of each kind of tool. I went by evidence.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I take it that the Roster Thread is locked again?Or is it permanently closed?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I agree it was for the best, People will just have to stick to the character specific threads. Which i think will be more efficient. I don't even think the thread should be re-opened.

D

Deleted member

Yes I would care if Mario was removed.

Super Mario 64 is my all-time favorite video game and I mained Mario in 64 and Melee while keeping him as a major secondary in Brawl. He gets cut and I boycott the game.

Thankfully he's a shoe-in.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mario needs to stay in. Just needs some killing power back from Melee. Seems like he was nerfed for no reason. Also, Mario should get the most movement options. A crawl, a glide (cape), and a sliding "wall-cling."

On PAGE 775 of the Closed Roster Discussion, Mario_n_Sonic_Guy puts his final warnings. One can read on after that and see the contempt for the thread and the PIGS who ruined the thread for everyone.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A Mario game is also my favorite game of all time

Super Mario Bros 3

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
How can you have a Nintendo fighting game...without Mario? It seems to defy all possible logic.

Though it *is* the Year of Luigi...

Seriously though! Just buff him, and make him actually fun. (Sort of like how Doc was ridiculously awesome in Melee, and Mario in P:M is awesome fun.) Although maybe that isn't Mario's fault, fully. Still, he needs to be better.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm one of the few who actually likes Mario. Though I liked him a lot more from SNES to early GCN eras. Wii Generation largely ruined him.
I wouldn't say he was ruined. At least, not in the way Sonic was ruined for years post-Dreamcast. Mario's just been heavily sterilized because they don't want to take risks with them. Their most daring thing in the most recent years with Mario was Rosalina's story which, I might add, was one of my favorite elements of Galaxy 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom