• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
IMO the trailer should start out with the obligatory challenger approaching siren, followed by a a close up a Ridley inb4Ridleytoobigjokes then, he lets out a loud beautiful cry and then a loud drum beat and then silence. Cut to black. The music then picks up again, the camera switches to a wide angle and then this happens:

Manthony Higgs blast his way into the fray!

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i've gotten over the whole other M fiasco in a short 6 months after the fact. i would welcome other m ridley. just smashinize him a bit.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
No Ridley. Seriously, that guy does not look like he fits in smash, but neither does snake.

No hate to Ridley, but, he would just look so disfigured when he is downsized. Olimar made size change work because of his human like figure, and Bowser made it work, because he was already downsized in his own games (Was just made big at the end by some kind of power up) and his design isn't that detailed.

So sorry, Inb4SakuramakesRidleyplayable

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
IMO the trailer should start out with the obligatory challenger approaching siren, followed by a a close up a Ridley inb4Ridleytoobigjokes then, he lets out a loud beautiful cry and then a loud drum beat and then silence. Cut to black. The music then picks up again, the camera switches to a wide angle and then this happens:

Manthony Higgs blast his way into the fray!

TheKingOfTown

Smash Apprentice
Altough my time is worth something to me, why not, I will debate you. Name me a specific thread, what the debate will be about, and we will debate. Maybe even a GoldenYu style challenge... :glare:

In fact, I CHALLENGE YOU to a debate RIGHT NOW, just like I would have once with GoldenYu! Like MEN TO MEN. MANO E MANO. El CALIENTE DE SPICY CARNE A LA SALT! We will debate, between some of the most intelligent, sophisticated, andmaybe even controversial minds in the Smashboards forum. Just you and me. You. And. Me. Swampasaur. TheDivineDeity. Debate. :)

GoldenYu would be proud. ;)

CHALLENGE: We will debate Warthbound/Fire Emblem, on any controversial issue, topic, or event about the series, we will debate it. Name whatever we will debate, and we will debate it. For example - IS the Earthbound/Fire Emblem series an important part of Nintendo history?

RULES: The rules are the same as before - when the debate starts, the person with the most amount of likes wins, by the time the debate ends, of course. So whoever wins the debate must have the most number of likes. :)

PRIZE: Only one - if I lose, I will leave this thread for weeks, maybe even MONTHS, until Mewtwo is announced. If I win,I only win the respect of everybody in this forum,but if you win... you win it all. How can you refuse? ;)

So what do you say? Up for the challenge? :smirk:
How could have I missed this? ;___;

vicgur

Smash Ace

GODAMN this stage is gorgeous!

Is Sakurai really revealing one step of what happens in the stage per week?
Next week: Yellow plane lands on Wuhu
A week later: Yellow plane takes off
The week after that: The ol' switcharoo happens again
Then: Red plane lands on Flat Island

Anyway, I really like the way this stage references old and new Pilotwings. I can't remember of any stage that does it like this one.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
He seems pretty happy to kill himself
If it makes you 2 feel better, I missed it too.
Now I actually want to see Divine make more of an *** of himself now after that whole thing. And get Moon, Smooth & Disfunk on the mic.
It doesn't make them feel better:p
Anyways, I still can't get over the fact that the stage looks amazing!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is buff Ridley really hated that much?
It looks weird but, I kind of agree, it's not as atrocious as many people seem to imply that it is. Chances are that if Ridley is playable the overall design will be modified anyways so that the character is more composite instead of overwhelmingly looking like they do in one game.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202

seeing this has me interested in what the stage will play as. This particular angle would be really neat! albeit a tad disorienting as you battle it out. when I see this image, i think of Bayonetta's constant battle transitions. In Bayonetta, things are going on in the background as you battle your fellow umbran witch sister, jeanne (note: not actually sisters). let's say you're fighting jeanne, then this missile crashes into the building next to the skyscraper you're on... you're still heated in battle defending or attacking and the building crashes into yours... even though it's tilting and eventually going to crash into the next area, you're still fighting.

I would like to see that in smash... namely, in this particular stage. (not the missiles... the camera change with background happenings.) like, take this pic of the week... as the red plane enters the arena, the camera shifts into this new position as you still fight on a 2D framework aligned to the wings of the yellow plane and the now added red plane.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
NintendoUK just put out a hype trailer.

My guess smash launches in 2014 Q2 "summer window"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know, I've given up on supporting Ridley after realizing that he's going to be nothing but a hazard. It's not worth having him in my roster anymore since many people would point out that he's already be deconfirmed. From this day on, I shall be converted into a Dark Samus supporter since there's bound to be more Metroid Prince content in the game this time around. After all, making her would be much easier due to her similar body structure to her organic nemesis.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sakurai confirmed to speak better French than English.

~Rendezvous

D

Deleted member

Golden, you just did like a quadruple post back there.....

The debate was actually pretty interesting. It gave me an idea for a possible debate thread. Basically, three people are selected to defend/attack a certain character for one week. The team with the most likes wins the debate at the weeks end. Thoughts?
Do it! I'd be game for that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
NintendoUK just put out a hype trailer

My guess smash launches in 2014 Q2 "summer window"
Why do they have to keep advertising NSMB WiiU. I have no desire to get it.

And they could've just used the music from the Smash Bros. 4 trailer for this and it'd be mega hype.

Also, Bayonetta confirmed.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
WHEW......after reading through 20 some odd posts and finally getting caught up I just want to say that Swamp....you have my undying respect! well done friend. even if debating with someone like that gets you nowhere. you did us proud friend! (I must admit I was getting really angry over how stupid his "logic" is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom