• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, I got the Fox part right. What does the Miiverse caption say?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Miiverse text is "Pic of the day. New and old planes makes a miraculous rendezvous. " edit: beat too it, lol

DeadlyAllianceLeader

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n64by44
3DS FC
1547-5288-9488
HEY! That Yellow plane, I believe, is the one from Pilotwings Resort!

They meet, and the players jump between them, or from one to the other, it seems. Not to assume, but SWEET! <8//3 Either way, in this end's opinion, this remains the neatest stage shown off thus far

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I told you guys it was a pic of ZSS and Wii Fit, but nnoooo one believed me :awesome:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

Holy crap this stage looks amazing.

This has been a pretty awesome week for Smash news. We've got this new footage of the Wuhu Island, portable pics of Villager and Ms. Fit, Ms. Fit's soccerball (which I think is a new move or they deleted her volleyball) and the big old elephant in the room, Pyrosphere.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Page 1337! King of Phantoms 47 ninja'd me on mentioning the 1337 HAMM3R BROZ. :laugh:

Also, happy birthday to Eternal Phoenix Fire, even though I don't know you particularly well.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pika and Fox on a plane. I can live with that, since Pika and Fox haven't had much attention lately.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
That stage looks amazingly fun to fight on. It's going to be like an action movie

Also more Fox is cool. I was just saying how he hasn't been in a picture lately [now DK please on Monday Sakurai unless you are revealing someone new]

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
So the red plane drops you off on the yellow plane.

I hope Ridley swoops in and the yellow plane dumps you off on his back to fight on.

Every stage should have Ridley involved in it.

D

Deleted member

It seems as fans will go for at least nearly a week without hearing of Ridley's role in the game. Ever since Pyrosphere's confirmation and the infamous Ridley quote, debates have been raging all around in regards to whenever or not Ridley would make the cut or if he would be demoted to stage hazard status. So far, Sakurai has been very mysterious in regards to Ridley, with only a vague quote that has been literally picked apart by the fans. Could next week be when we figure out about what happens to Ridley or will it take even longer before we know what role Ridley will play this game? Find out next time on Super Smash Bros. Z!

On another topic, the Pilotwing stage looks great. Would definitely want to give that one a shot.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you look closely, Ridley is the one piloting the red plane

D

Deleted member

I'm also going to stay just to see what happens to Ridley. I know I promised I'd leave before college starts, but I just have to be around the forums to truly capture my reaction to Ridley's role and I know you guys miss me.

Good night and may the next day bring a chock full of fun.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Am guessing this is a reference to the Red Plane being in the original game (hence beginning on the SNES map), while the Yellow Plane being in Pilotwings Resort with WuHu Island.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looks pretty cool!

I'm loving the lighting effects!

I really am starting to think this would be the home stage for Mii though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I want a Mario VS Bowser on that stage.

Mario VS Bowser on something that's flying, think about how epic that would be.

Actually, that would make for a good boss fight, imagine a Super Mario 64 esque Bowser battle, but on something that's constantly moving, and in the air.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
So if I'm getting this right, you start on the red plane, it flies through part of the Pilotwings SNES map, then it switches you off onto the yellow plane which then flies through part of Wuhu island? That sounds like it'd be a pretty long sequence, and that's assuming there aren't any Pilotwings 64 shenanigans.

Also the perspectives/angles on this level continue to weird me out. I guess the planes even out for a short period and you can jump from one wing to another? Or one plane flys over the other and you jump off to get to the bottom one? What happens if you jump from one to the other and they aren't perfectly aligned, since the planes are moving in 3d space but the actual fighting plane is 2d? Do you just fall through the plane if you're a little to the left or the right of the fighting plane, or does it autocorrect you? My...my head hurts. I'm sure it'll all make much more sense in motion.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Ridley is gonna be confirmed tomorrow. I mean, Olimar and Kirby were shown side by side, and Olimar was made bigger even though he was shorter. Then, the Metroid stage appears and then Sakurai comments about an old enemy. Now, Sakurai posts a pic of them on a plane that FLIES! You know what else flies? That's right, Ridley. It all makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom