• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The more pics of Pilotwings is being shown, the more fun it looks and the more I want to play on it.

And I almost didn't noticed the spec being Fox. I almost thought it was something that wasn't revealed yet.

D

Deleted member

As much as I want to see Golden's reaction to the debate, I...can't...stay...awake..any longer...

Why do you care so bad?

Anyways, pretty much, I saw what I expected from Divine (who by the way, is a HORRIBLE Christian since he claims himself to be godlike, and that's breaking one of the ****ing COMMANDMENTS), which was shoddy arguments backed with weak sources that weren't given in a timely manner, an inflated ego with claims that he is "right" in whatever he says and that he has "proven" himself to be accurate, as well as cowardly trying to change his self-imposed rules when he's losing pathetically and running away with his tail in-between his legs when he's been utterly crushed while claiming he's just "letting his opponent win". This is pretty much why I didn't accept his pissy little "challenge" before; I could already tell what was going to happen. Though the announcer thing, I did not expect; that was so damn hilarious. :laugh:

And Swamp, while I am proud of how you handled yourself, you are right in that I'm going to say you're stupid for going through the "challenge" in the first place. :p

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
The more pics of Pilotwings is being shown, the more fun it looks and the more I want to play on it.

And I almost didn't noticed the spec being Fox. I almost thought it was something that wasn't revealed yet.
Gen. Pepper: It’s about time you showed up, Fox! You’re the only hope for Wuhu Island.

Fox McCloud:
I’ll do my best! Pikachu won’t have his way with me.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ridley is gonna be confirmed tomorrow. I mean, Olimar and Kirby were shown side by side, and Olimar was made bigger even though he was shorter. Then, the Metroid stage appears and then Sakurai comments about an old enemy. Now, Sakurai posts a pic of them on a plane that FLIES! You know what else flies? That's right, Ridley. It all makes sense!
Except tomorrow is Saturday. No picture updates...

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Whoa Golden, slow down there. I know people were eagerly expecting your reaction to the debate but you don't have to post it four times! :p

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I guess the server messed up again.

Also BaPr, you read too much on this?

Along with me pretty much waiting to see if September holds yet another character update during the first week. While it might be pretty saddening if it's not Ridley, then this might get interesting who it is in his place.

Still waiting for my Super Mario Galaxy-stage tho.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And Swamp, while I am proud of how you handled yourself, you are right in that I'm going to say you're stupid for going through the "challenge" in the first place. :p
Hey. Everything ended up okay in the end. I think I made the right choice. If I had known there would have been sports announcers I would have done it a lot sooner. :laugh:

And so many duplicate posts...

And gentlemen, please make your way to the Roster Competition Thread. Voting is underway and I would appreciate your input. The link is in my sig.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Bapper. Your name's Bapper now.
Me? That seems to be what people call me a lot at this one smash place. I really didn't think about my name. It just stands for "Blaziken and Pit rock"

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why do you care so bad?

Anyways, pretty much, I saw what I expected from Divine (who by the way, is a HORRIBLE Christian since he claims himself to be godlike, and that's breaking one of the ****ing COMMANDMENTS), which was shoddy arguments backed with weak sources that weren't given in a timely manner, an inflated ego with claims that he is "right" in whatever he says and that he has "proven" himself to be accurate, as well as cowardly trying to change his self-imposed rules when he's losing pathetically and running away with his tail in-between his legs when he's been utterly crushed while claiming he's just "letting his opponent win". This is pretty much why I didn't accept his pissy little "challenge" before; I could already tell what was going to happen. Though the announcer thing, I did not expect; that was so damn hilarious. :laugh:

Golden, you just did like a quadruple post back there.....

The debate was actually pretty interesting. It gave me an idea for a possible debate thread. Basically, three people are selected to defend/attack a certain character for one week. The team with the most likes wins the debate at the weeks end. Thoughts?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The debate was actually pretty interesting. It gave me an idea for a possible debate thread. Basically, three people are selected to defend/attack a certain character for one week. The team with the most likes wins the debate at the weeks end. Thoughts?
That could be very interesting, though it would need a committee to make sure everything goes smoothly.

And Moonknight and Disfunk as refs. It wouldn't be the same without them.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Golden, you just did like a quadruple post back there.....

I really like this idea. Is it always gonna be about characters though? It should also be about stages, items, and other stuff (maybe just characters and stages).
Bap bap bo bi bap bo bop bam boo.
I like that! Maybe I should change my name to that, or shorten it by putting BBBBBBBBB

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Aw man, the debate ended? That was somewhat....anticlimactic.

Anyway, so it looks like there will be more that one plane on the Pilotwings stage. Wondering if there's going to be one for Pilotwings 64, or if it's just for the original and Resort.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
The general shape looks somewhat like Ridley's head from the side. Somewhat.
I think it looks more like the head of the creature in Alien. Alien was a movie directed by Ridley Scott... RIDLEY FROM METROID WAS NAMED AFTER RIDLEY SCOTT!

OH MY GOD, GUYS. RIDLEY CONFIRMED.

Or you're just imagining things.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
The crack in the back round of the Metroid stage is shaped like Ridley's head. Maybe this means he will look through the crack.
Meh.That's bigger than Ridley's head,and that's not how it's shaped in Other M.
Ridley would have to be resized for the crack though,and I would never forgive Sakurai for resizing Ridley as a hazard rather than as a character.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Sorry. But it was too easy. :troll:
I could easily make a "like your mom" joke right there, but I won't (even though I already sorta did).
Meh.That's bigger than Ridley's head,and that's not how it's shaped in Other M.
Ridley would have to be resized for the crack though,and I would never forgive Sakurai for resizing Ridley as a hazard rather than as a character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
True, but you can't deny that in Street Fighter III and Alpha that there was a huge influx of clones.
What clones exactly? The only ones I can think of in Alpha are Sakura, Dan, and Evil Ryu, and the first two play very different from the other shotos. SF3 was actually meant to be an original roster from the beginning. In fact, Ryu and Ken were last minute additions with Sean acting as the spiritual shoto successor. Despite this, Sean doesn't really play anything like any other character. The most you can argue as being like previous characters are Remy with Guile and MAYBE Necro with Dhalsim and Blanka. Otherwise, the roster for the SF3 series is very unique. There's gotta be a reason why Ultra Street Fighter IV will up the number of 3S fighters to seven.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
The crack in the back round of the Metroid stage is shaped like Ridley's head. Maybe this means he will look through the crack.
Since Sakurai is looking to do trailers for newcomers, I think a fun way to psyche players out is for him to come crawling and flying out of the hole in the middle of a character fight and play him off as a part of the stage, but then he joins the fighting.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Since Sakurai is looking to do trailers for newcomers, I think a fun way to psyche players out is for him to come crawling and flying out of the hole in the middle of a character fight and play him off as a part of the stage, but then he joins the fighting.

That just seems genius!

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Imagine Sakurai revealing that Ridley is a stage hazard,then later,he reveals it's only when you're not playing as him. :troll:
That would be the weirdest thing ever. Even weirder than Wii Fit being included in smash.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ten bucks it'll be like Other M. Samus fights Bowser on the stage, she KO's Bowser and then Ridley appears in glorious CG from below the stage and **** hits the fan.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I was reading the last few pages, and because of that I was questioning what image I should for this thread.

A) GrangelmayIvomitnow.jpg
B) Sruggingshulk.png
C) JonTronwellthatsalodof****.gif
D) grumpyDonkeyKongstuffedanimal.jpg

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I was reading the last few pages, and because of that I was questioning what image I should for this thread.

A) GrangelmayIvomitnow.jpg
B) Sruggingshulk.png
C) JonTronwellthatsalodof****.gif
D) grumpyDonkeyKongstuffedanimal.jpg
E)All of the Above

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If Ridley gets revealed like how I predicted, I want the music to have a tone like this:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Ridley is gonna be confirmed tomorrow. I mean, Olimar and Kirby were shown side by side, and Olimar was made bigger even though he was shorter. Then, the Metroid stage appears and then Sakurai comments about an old enemy. Now, Sakurai posts a pic of them on a plane that FLIES! You know what else flies? That's right, Ridley. It all makes sense!

Mfw people think that Ridley coming to the next smash bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom