• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The best part of the night is gonna be when Golden shows up and shows his reaction to tonight's events. Cannot stress that enough. The only thing that could be better is if Ridley is revealed tonight.

D

Deleted member

The best part of the night is gonna be when Golden shows up and shows his reaction to tonight's events. Cannot stress that enough. The only thing that could be better is if Ridley is revealed tonight.
I swear if Ridley gets revealed as a playable character, I won't be able to sleep because I would be too excited.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just finished reading this but Smogon really impressed me with this article they did on their own speculations for Smash 4 in regards to Pokemon. You can really tell they did some fair research when they wrote it, almost looks like something that one of the more experienced posters here would write.

Only real things I disagree with is their interpretation of Sakurai's Pokemon mentions from a while back and that Genesect is the current frontrunner for Gen 5 mascot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guuuuys, I'm trying to keep my expectations low! Don't hype me up for Ridley too much. :awesome:

That being said, I'm really just still up because, well...I can't sleep. Opossums are nocturnal, after all.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I swear if Ridley gets revealed as a playable character, I won't be able to sleep because I would be too excited.
Oh man, I would flip the freak out.

It would be like how I was when Sonic was revealed in brawl then? Haha
I went straight to bed when Sonic was revealed after seeing the conference video a hundred times.

I woke up thinking his confirmation was a dream, only to realize, THE DREAM IS TRUUUEEEE!!!!

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
what if i told you, right when we get to the 1337th page, miiverse and smashbros dot com get updated for the most leet character ever created, ridley?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I went straight to bed when Sonic was revealed after seeing the conference video a hundred times.

I woke up thinking his confirmation was a dream, only to realize, THE DREAM IS TRUUUEEEE!!!!
I still remember.. Sonic running on screen, bouncing Mario away, Live and Learn kicked on.

Me: :O..... NO WAY

D

Deleted member

It would be like how I was when Sonic was revealed in brawl then? Haha
I'll admit, not quite like that, though I would still be really hyped for him as he is within my Top 10.

But you really should have seen my reaction to Mega Man's confirmation, who was my most wanted character period. I went crazy over his reveal and I loved every second of it. He's my definite main for this game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I still remember.. Sonic running on screen, bouncing Mario away, Live and Learn kicked on.

Me: :O..... NO WAY
Like I said, too good to wake up and believe it is true.

I had to pinch myself the day after Diddy Kong, Toon Link, and Mega Man were confirmed as well. My top 3 most wanted characters... all confirmed.

Next on the list is Ridley, followed by K. Rool (followed by a huge gap plus all of the Brawl characters and Mewtwo).

Man, if we get Ridley or K. Rool next, this song will play in my soul (best Dragon Ball Z Japanese song btw) while Ridley destroys the Smash Brothers Universe (too big) like the BEAST HE IS!!! :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
next character is Snake
Probably the only character that causes as much bullcrap butthurt as Ridley, which is sad, considering he was easily IMO the best newcomer in Brawl in terms of moveset, potential, playstyle, and skillset.

But no. The super Nintendo fanboys (the same kind who don't buy 3rd party games and are the reason 3rd parties are largely ignoring the Wii U) gotta defend the canon and the sacred Nintendo they hold dear in their heart, and if you question them on it, they curse you to the dampest part of Bowser's Castle.

Probably the only character that causes as much bullcrap butthurt as Ridley, which is sad, considering he was easily IMO the best newcomer in Brawl in terms of moveset, potential, playstyle, and skillset.

But no. The super Nintendo fanboys (the same kind who don't buy 3rd party games and are the reason 3rd parties are largely ignoring the Wii U) gotta defend the canon and the sacred Nintendo they hold dear in their heart, and if you question them on it, they curse you to the dampest part of Bowser's Castle.

Oh them. Well, they're pussies, and half of them wouldn't know a good game is if it bit them in the ass. Probably the same people who thought the Wii U was going to be good.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm not the biggest fan of Metal Gear Solid but I feel Snake should return still. Also I'd like Ike and Lucario to show up just to go against their detractors... Also as most people know I want Roy back most of all revamped moves and such which I explained at length in the FE related threads so I'll spare you me talking about them here haha.

D

Deleted member

Just finished reading this but Smogon really impressed me with this article they did on their own speculations for Smash 4 in regards to Pokemon. You can really tell they did some fair research when they wrote it, almost looks like something that one of the more experienced posters here would write.

Only real things I disagree with is their interpretation of Sakurai's Pokemon mentions from a while back and that Genesect is the current frontrunner for Gen 5 mascot.
This. Really, I'd be surprised if anyone from Pokémon was cut at this point because of how different the situation is from Brawl.

Would be nice if we could get a sixth slot for a Pokémon aside from Brawl + Mewtwo though. Just think of how many solid choices the franchise has.

I'm not the biggest fan of Metal Gear Solid but I feel Snake should return still. Also I'd like Ike and Lucario to show up just to go against their detractors... Also as most people know I want Roy back most of all revamped moves and such which I explained at length in the FE related threads so I'll spare you me talking about them here haha.

You like every character I like, dope. And yea, Roy is the man. I'm getting tired of blue hair, man.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I was never good at Snake. The people who main him are pretty skilled though. I hope Sonic makes a comeback. He is the best video game character ever. That's not even an opinion, it's a fact!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Agreed.

Also, speaking of beasts-

I found a picture which combines my two favorite Links: Toon Link and the ever awesome beastly Wolf Link.

Look at it, it's adorable isn't it?

You look at it!

YOU look at it!

LOOK AT IT.

LOOK AT IT.

LOOK. AT. IT.

I WANT ALL OF YOU TO LOOK AT IT!!!

(only awesome people will know where I got most of those lines from)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You like every character I like, dope. And yea, Roy is the man. I'm getting tired of blue hair, man.
Roy with my playstyle and skillset ideas (mostly based on his Fire Emblem: Sword of the Seals moves) would be such a freaking boss.

He'd fight by using a quick attacking (but somewhat high in afterlag) stabbing and lunge-based attacks (like in Fire Emblem 6; note Marth and Ike barely even use these kind of moves in Smash), and he would be very nimble on his feet, and use very advanced, quick, and technical footwork to land some complex and unique kind of attacks.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Agreed.

I found a picture which combines my two favorite Links: Toon Link and the ever awesome beastly Wolf Link.

You look at it!

YOU look at it!

LOOK AT IT.

LOOK AT IT.

LOOK. AT. IT.

It's disgusting. It makes me hate puppies, and dancing.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I was never good at Snake. The people who main him are pretty skilled though. I hope Sonic makes a comeback. He is the best video game character ever. That's not even an opinion, it's a fact!
Sonic is my favorite video game character. I can say that proudly!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh them. Well, they're pussies, and half of them wouldn't know a good game is if it bit them in the ***. Probably the same people who thought the Wii U was going to be good.
Yeah, they are too busy categorizing 3rd party characters as Sony or Microsoft, without categorizing any as Nintendo. Heck, I've heard morons argue Mega Man couldn't be playable because he's too "Sony friendly." Like Sakurai gives a flying crap about that=???

He wants the biggest damn characters with the best damn movesets who bring in the most damn attention to his awesome damn smash games.

Besides, if Nintendo doesn't support their 3rd parties, there might not be the successor to the Wii U, which I will hence forth refer to as a Wii U And Mii.

Agreed.

You look at it!

YOU look at it!

LOOK AT IT.

LOOK AT IT.

LOOK. AT. IT.

Spongebob

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Lucario comes back they better give him a more interesting moveset.
Project M has all the answers for everything Lucario ever.

If you haven't seen it, youtube it up. Lucario is incredible in in Project M, and has that same kind of infectious "vicious" style that made Lucario great in Pokémon games and in the hearts, minds, and souls of Pokémon fans in the first place.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Shoutouts to the commentators for making that debate way more entertaining than it should've been!

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Yeah, they are too busy categorizing 3rd party characters as Sony or Microsoft, without categorizing any as Nintendo. Heck, I've heard morons argue Mega Man couldn't be playable because he's too "Sony friendly." Like Sakurai gives a flying crap about that=???

He wants the biggest damn characters with the best damn movesets who bring in the most damn attention to his awesome damn smash games.

Besides, if Nintendo doesn't support their 3rd parties, there might not be the successor to the Wii U, which I will hence forth refer to as a Wii U And Mii.
If Sakurai cared if Megaman was "Sony Friendly" he wouldn't have given him the Flame Sword a move from a Saturn/PS1 Megaman game. Or the Mega Upper from Marvel Vs Capcom.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Agreed.

You look at it!

YOU look at it!

LOOK AT IT.

LOOK AT IT.

LOOK. AT. IT.

Omg, that's just too adorable :) , aaaaaawwwww!

Excuse me, I'll have to go punch a wall or something now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom