• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Deity here said that FE and Mother have no relevance to Nintendo History, this isn't anything to do with characters but he is attacking the series themselves.
It started with the Roster Prediction thread, where he said he removed the entire Mother series from his roster because he deemed it unimportant. I...guess that makes it relevant to Smash Bros.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Swampasur has returned! Fastblade is still wandering around in the locker room! He must have fallen asleep (Jigglypuff mains... :smirk:)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
im rooting for manly, (sorry john I can't root for ya since your from nor cal :troll:)
I was born in SoCal, and I lived there until I was 9, and Goddamn I hate the LA area.

A giant freaking city suburban urban area with about 10,000,000 people in the freaking desert with no water, a refusal to use desaltinization (instead, they choose to destroy natural resources which will screw us over like the Dust Bowl; yes, even up here in NorCal where you get a lot of your water from), a bunch of lazy a** people, some of the worst politicians in the country, some of the worst people in the country, a crap ton of awful pollution and emissions, crime nearly everywhere, tons of illegal immigrants sucking up all the damn money, guys stupidly getting stupid chicks pregnant with babies they can't afford like it's going out of style, tons of crappy cops, awful hospitals (a few almost killed my brother), and all my relatives I can't stand=???

Yep, I don't envy you. :troll: (although I moreso described a Wal-Mart parking lot) :chuckle:

Orange County is cool though, and San Diego is pretty much heaven on Earth.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Swampasur has returned! Fastblade is still wandering around in the locker room! He must have fallen asleep (Jigglypuff mains... :smirk:)
Nah, battery is low is all. Also, I am a Link main before I am a user or a Jigglypuff.
Glad Swamp is back though.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
At the end of this debate Disfunkshuna and Moon Monkey shall BE the voting polls, they will post their voting poll comments, if Disfunkshuna gets the most likes, Deity wins, if Moon Monkey gets the most likes then the challengers win. But that's just my idea.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Deity here said that FE and Mother have no relevance to Nintendo History, this isn't anything to do with characters but he is attacking the series themselves.
Apparently you came late and missed the rivalry recap. To summarize, Divine was distraught over Ridley's alleged abscence form ssb4, lamenting how he gets pushed aside for completely undeserving and unimportant franchises like mother and FE. Swamp wasn;t going to take that lying down.
How can Ridley be pushed aside from Smash 4 by Fire Emblem and Mother when he as well as Fire Emblem/Mother characters have not been confirmed/de-confirmed yet?

/debate?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Did some research on this Fastblade5035.

"Occupation: Jigglypuff's Marker"

If he tags in, better make sure to tell him to have a nice and clean fight. This could get real messy real fast.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At this rate Smash will catch up to the Budokai Tenkaichi Series in playable characters!
Nope, Dragon Ball Z will invent new characters, or have more obscure playable characters, like Kid Hercule Satan, the guys wearing the "Super Saiyan" shirts, that redhead girl who took in Android 8, or the lady with the kid who wears the sunglasses.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Where are our competitors? Did Swamp go back to find him and end up lost too? We have lost nearly a 4th of a viewership

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Looks like Fastblade has passed to baton back to Swampasur! The floors is now Swamps lets see his response to round 2!
Where are our competitors? Did Swamp go back to find him and end up lost too? We have lost nearly a 4th of a viewership
This can't be good for the ratings!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Fastblade was just starting to get his gloves on, Divine dodged a bullet there!

At the end of this debate Disfunkshuna and Moon Monkey shall BE the voting polls, they will post their voting poll comments, if Disfunkshuna gets the most likes, Deity wins, if Moon Monkey gets the most likes then the challengers win. But that's just my idea.
I think I found out how Ismar got 666 alerts. I wish I would've let them stack up but I had no idea how big this was going to get.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
*Off topic:

"GoldenYuiitusin was last seen:
Today at 12:56 AM"
I was wondering why he was absent. He's gonna be in for quite a surprise when he comes back.

I was born in SoCal, and I lived there until I was 9, and Goddamn I hate the LA area.

A giant freaking city suburban urban area with about 10,000,000 people in the freaking desert with no water, a refusal to use desaltinization (instead, they choose to destroy natural resources which will screw us over like the Dust Bowl; yes, even up here in NorCal where you get a lot of your water from), a bunch of lazy a** people, some of the worst politicians in the country, some of the worst people in the country, a crap ton of awful pollution and emissions, crime nearly everywhere, tons of illegal immigrants sucking up all the damn money, guys stupidly getting stupid chicks pregnant with babies they can't afford like it's going out of style, tons of crappy cops, awful hospitals (a few almost killed my brother), and all my relatives I can't stand=???
But...but...think of all the DIVERSITY!!!!one

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Yep, I don't envy you. :troll:

Orange County is cool though, and San Diego is pretty much heaven on Earth.
Ok bro ok, don't get me started with oakland and SF I went there a few days ago and oh man i just couldn't stand a day there....ugh (i'm not gonna go into details cause we'll just end up taking jabs at each other all night), and imo your politicians are pretty awful as well, I agree with the last 2 statements but all in all, LA is pretty cool place (even tho the politicans are dumbasses).

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Swampasaur... let's finish this.

FINAL ROUND - MOTHER

Argument: The Mother series is irrelevant to Nintendo and their history.

* When Mother was first released, DECADES AGO, it was released only in Japan. When Mother 3 was released a DECADE ago, it was released only in Japan. That is ALREADY a bad sign. Considering Japan's history of having only Japanese games being either very, very good (TMNT), or very, very bad (Transformers), it doesn't help Mother's chances when it wasn't even considered marketable enough to be released in the United States. THAT'S where the money is, in the United States, where it has the greatest video game marketing in the world, where it's particular audience and console economy is hugely important to the financial success of Nintendo's games. That's where all the big titles get released, Like Mario and Zelda. So why wasn't Mother 1 and 3 considered marketable enough to appeal to an American audience?

* When Earthbound was FINALLY released to North America, it was decades later from its original release. It took DECADES for a VC release, when titles like DK and Metroid have already arrived on VC. If Earthbound was so marketable, wouldn't it have been released much earlier on VC. And besides, where's Mother and Mother 3?

* Mother sales have never been the greatest, if even respectably good, but GOD they have been embarrassing. Mother only came out to very decent reviews and below-average sale. Earthbound BOMBED humiliatingly, selling well-below even below-average games, due to a HORRIBLE marketing campaign "This game stinks!". That's pretty low standards when compared to Kirby or Donkey Kong, who make millions per game.

* Rating for the series are pretty below-average:

Mother: However, the game did get its fair share of criticism. Jeremy Parish from 1UP.com states, "the game balance is completely ridiculous, relying far too heavily on picking up better weapons and grinding for far too long.

Earthbound: A point of contention between critics were the simplistic graphics. In All RPG's review of the game, the graphics were described as "horrid,"[26] while Nintendojo and 1UP enjoyed them, with 1UP going so far as to say "regardless of what anyone tells you, the graphics are awesome." 1UP also criticized the title's similarities to Dragon Quest, but in the end declared EarthBound a game "worth experiencing."[3] Nintendojo and Gamasutra also criticized the similarities to Dragon Quest, with Gamasutra declaring EarthBound an "unabashed Dragon Quest clone..."
Mother 3: She explained that its low ranking on the list was due to it being hard to understand for those who cannot read hiragana.[25] GamePro attributed their continued use of the Game Boy Advance in part to Mother 3, concluding that it "may be the GBA's best RPG".[26] GameSpy's Andrew Alfonso praised its "interesting and entertaining gameplay", "nice visuals", and "fast-paced gameplay", but felt that it did not "appear to be an incredibly deep game".

* The Mother series is DEAD. After only 3 games, all released within a span of decades... the series quietly died... without EVER having international releases for Mother 1 and 3. FAIL. :facepalm:

* Marketing for the series always failed. Consider:

Mother : Mother was scheduled to be released in North America as Earth Bound in the fall of 1991, but marketing delayed and eventually removed the game from the release schedule, putting it on indefinite hold. The game was again considered for release in 1994[citation needed], shortly before the release of its sequel, Mother 2: Gyiyg no Gyakushū. However, it was decided to pass on the release of Earth Bound and to localize Mother 2 under the titleEarthBound Also never released outside of Japan.

Earthbound: Already explained it: Despite its poor sales figures...

Mother 3: Never released outside of Japan.

* Mother is not a household name to casual players of Nintendo. If we are talking about Smash, then Mario, DK, Pikachu, Link, Samus, Pit, and others are more recognizable. Ness, though? Lucas? Nobody knows him. The series is relatively small-scaled and almost cult-like in its niche. Going back to SSB, if Sakurai found them to be marketable enough, why wasn't Ness showcased at E3 in the SSB4? Because he wasn't well-known enough like the other cast to make it in.

* Almost every Nintendo title, from Mario to Capt. Falcon, has been on a top 100 list of greatest games of all time, ranging from IGN to GameInformer to GameStop. Earthbound, though? Barely ever considered, but only because of its cult-like fanbase of fanatics. With that said, Fire Emblem isn't even considered a game worth playing among the likes of Mario, DK, and Pikachu - even Capt. Falcon and NESS.

Now that I posted my arguments to be replied to, you have to post yours so I can reply to it. That's the rules. :glare:

These are some of my major arguments against the illogical idea that Mother Emblem series is important to Nintendo's history, both financially and historically. If anybody possess the brain power to intellectually think for themselves, they would see why Mother isn't important to Nintendo AT ALL. That is the TRUTH. :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
RATINGS!!!!

THE TWO DIVISION CHAMP IS HERE!!!

I AM THE UNDISPUTED SMASH BOARDS AND RIDLEY SMASH WORLD CHAMP, AND DANG IT, I AM THE INCARNATION OF RATINGS!!!

I'm like Tiger Woods meets Lance Armstrong's cancer meets the MLB with steroids meets Micheal Jordan's final Finals meets the FIFA World Cup meets the Super Bowl meets Mike Tyson vs. Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier vs. Evander Holyfield meets Tony Hawk pulling off a 900 meets Evo meets Blizzard Con meets the Olympics meets every election ever meets Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre vs. Fedor Emelianenko meets Tiger Woods when he used to win meets The Evolution of Dance guy meets the Beatles meets Queen Elizabeth meets Allen Iverson talking about practice meets Chael Sonnen's epic rants meets Stone Cold Steve Austin telling you so meets Jesus Christ raising the dead meets Guile fighting for America meets the V-J Day Celebrations meets the release of Project M meets the release of Smash 64 meets the birth cutting of Johnknight1 meets The Goddamn Batman meets mankind landing in Mario's Galaxy.

Oh, and for the record, yes, this free-per-view does come with popcorn, so prepared to be entertained in ways that Nintendon't, but yet is ways that John Doe.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fire Emblem fans are a little ...fanatical when it comes to the series...

It's a good series, but I think they blow it out of proportion in comparison to other franchises.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Fastblade was just starting to get his gloves on, Divine dodged a bullet there!
*chuckles* He sure did, the up and coming rookies are always the hungriest!

BUT! Divine is holding no punches back! Swamp has gotta have an answer to this!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ok bro ok, don't get me started with oakland and SF I went there a few days ago and oh man i just couldn't stand a day there....ugh (i'm not gonna go into details cause we'll just end up taking jabs at each other all night), and imo your politicians are pretty awful as well, I agree with the last 2 statements but all in all, LA is pretty cool place (even tho the politicans are *******es).
Trust me, I hate Oakland and San Francisco almost as much too, but eh, IMO the quality of people is better, sans like the obvious bad areas.

San Jose though... God I love San Jose. Safest city in America, clean, efficient, full of opportunity, outdoors-y, and although the traffic isn't great, it's a freaking beautiful location, and a perfect spot for humans to live.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*chuckles* He sure did, the up and coming rookies are always the hungriest!

BUT! Divine hold no punches back! Swamp has gotta have an answer to this!
I sure do.

Gimme a sec.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Initially I thought Divine said "let's finish this mother" I was about say he's sticking to those strong impactful entrances! Nevertheless he's still rushing out of the gate throwing the first blow. Let's see if he can deliver the rest of the round.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
So do we get a poll to vote who the winner is
Yes, I like that idea MUCH BETTER.

*****************Attention*****************

The rules have slightly changed. After the final round ends, unless Swampasaur forfeits the entire match up instead, then we will determine the winner through a poll! That's right, a poll!

Bring it on, Swampasaur. Show me your best. :smirk:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Yeah, Mother didn't have sales as good as other series, but I think it's an important part of Nintendo's history...just not as important as series like Mario and Zelda.

I consider pretty much anything Nintendo related to be an important part of its history, to be honest.

Yes, I like that idea MUCH BETTER.

*****************Attention*****************

The rules have slightly changed. After the final round ends, unless Swampasaur forfeits the entire match up instead, then we will determine the winner through a poll! That's right, a poll!

Bring it on, Swampasaur. Show me your best. :smirk:
Are you only saying that because you have the lesser amount of likes?

----

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Trust me, I hate Oakland and San Francisco almost as much too, but eh, IMO the quality of people is better, sans like the obvious bad areas.

San Jose though... God I love San Jose. Safest city in America, clean, efficient, full of opportunity, outdoors-y, and although the traffic isn't great, it's a freaking beautiful location, and a perfect spot for humans to live.
True on that (the san jose thing, the people in SF are too snarky for my taste), I also like the farm type areas I saw along the way (I was checking out the Lanhammer tourney which is why I went north) and while i was driving i was thinking to myself, should i go to Livermore just 4 teh lulz...? in the end i decided not to :p

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's right guys, I'm like a rock opera meets Micheal Jackson's dance routine meets the brute strength of Mike Tyson meets the power of a train engine meets Chuck Norris tap dancing on your mother's face.

Now please, shut up and be entertained, because now that the champ's arrived, the bad times will say "good bye."

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202

I was born in San Jose... i never got to experience it longer than my mind could hold memories. hearing how good it could have been for me and my family to stay there would have been awesome... i blame my cousins for why we went to LA.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Initially I thought Divine said "let's finish this mother" I was about say he's sticking to those strong impactful entrances! Nevertheless he's still rushing out of the gate throwing the first blow. Let's see if he can deliver the rest of the round.
Lets hope this round is worth the wait! The ratings are plummeting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom