• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207

Swampasur is unable to battle. 1 new challenger must step forward to prevent Divine from claiming victory
I would step up, but my batteries are low. Sorry, Swamp.

Besides, normal types are weak to Stupid types.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Just sharing some epic music with you to enjoy with the debate. (it lasts for a half hour, don't get too addicted like me XD. Click on a different one every now and then)

I really like the organ build in the second part of Blizzeta's theme. Though, the overall song is one of my fave boss themes and I do think the boss is pretty fun (I also loved fighting Stallord for some reason haha).

Oh man, I'd really love this song in Smash:

Uh, sorry, don't mind me. Carry on...

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
FINAL ARGUMENTS ABOUT FIRE EMBLEM

I've already proven that:

* Fire Emblem is not a system-seller nor does it warrant a high amount of popularity. Instead, it is, at beast, a niche series with very little fans to make a difference to Nintendo.

* Fire Emblem's history and legacy is not nearly comparable to every other series in Nintendo, from Mario and Zelda, to DK and Metroid, to even Game and Watch and ROB and Ice Climbers.

* Fire Emblem has never been a top priority for Nintendo, as evidenced by their extreme lack of advertisement for any of the series games.

* Fire Emblem has been nearly cancelled many times already (I already provided the sources as above).

* Fire Emblem only has a stronghold in Japan, whose market isn't nearly as big as the United States or even Europe, Canada, and Australia.

There you have it. These are all my main arguments, most of which you either ignored completely, countered with improper evidence and lack of logic, or just made a straw men of. Otherwise, count up the score so far, and we'll see who wins this first-half of the round.

Now, time for the FINAL ROUND.

This time - MOTHER.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The refs seemed to go out for coffee, the fighters are checking their notes, I think now's a good time to end the round. What's the score looking like?
Swamp: 14
Divine: 0

disappearance penalty awards Divine +5 Likes

Swamp: 14
Divine: 5

Looks like Swamp claims round 1!

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207

* Fire Emblem is not a system-seller nor does it warrant a high amount of popularity. Instead, it is, at beast, a niche series with very little fans to make a difference to Nintendo.
I agree with the system seller part, actually; but your just plain ignorant if you don't think it isn't loved by a larges group of passionate fans.
* Fire Emblem's history and legacy is not nearly comparable to every other series in Nintendo, from Mario and Zelda, to DK and Metroid, to even Game and Watch and ROB and Ice Climbers.
Yes, the legendary, 62 game spanning top quality Ice Climbers series. Oh wait, there's only one game. Fail, dude. Fail.
* Fire Emblem has never been a top priority for Nintendo, as evidenced by their extreme lack of advertisement for any of the series games.
Which is why Fire Emblem Awakening is a thing and why it sold well.
* Fire Emblem has been nearly cancelled many times already (I already provided the sources as above).

Poppy disproved your sources. Try again.
* Fire Emblem only has a stronghold in Japan, whose market isn't nearly as big as the United States or even Europe, Canada, and Australia.

So Fire Emblem ISNT selling well here in the U.S. Gotcha.
There you have it. These are all my main arguments, most of which you either ignored completely, countered with improper evidence and lack of logic, or just made a straw men of. Otherwise, count up the score so far, and we'll see who wins this first-half of the round.

OH GOD THE IRONY

This time - MOTHER.
I think you mean your death.
Scratch that, I'm up.
Arguments in a sec.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

This time - MOTHER.
On an unrelated note, that's some petition you've got going in your sig. Taking Sakurai by storm, I see.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hey I just went and liked all of Divine's arguments! Surely he has prevailed with my support.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

This time - MOTHER.
I love how you completely ignored my point about your sources.

And completely ignored every argument against you.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!! IT"S TOOOOOO EASY!!!
i must hold my self... my discipline has prevented me from entering the fray.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I thought round 1 ended when Divine first fled. Looks like we're just as confused as some of the fans!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, I suppose that's where we differ in personal philosophies.

I'm always willing to drop what may seem good if I know I can do better.
Then cut any of like the other 30 something characters with inferior movesets, playstyles, and whatnot who were previous playable instead of Jigglypuff. You know, pick the obviously not good ones with less potential, like Luigi, Dr. Mario, Bowser, Link, Young Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Lucario, Mewtwo, all of the Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon, Pichu, Roy, Pit, ROB, and heck, probably all of the newcomers confirmed so far in Smash Wii U and 3DS.

I don't think we'll ever see any of those characters top what Jigglypuff was able to accomplish in Melee, whereas with Jigglypuff in Melee, I think we could easily, easily, easily see that level of epic uniqueness, fun, and just engaging style return again in Jigglypuff, because Jigglypuff is probably one of the easiest characters to design and balance. It's so easy (comparably) to do Jigglypuff right that it is hard to see where it went wrong in Brawl.

And also, how do you know Sakurai, you, or anyone else can do better=??? Literally most of the most unique characters are already playable, unless you want just a bunch of empty slates to make up wacky crap (in which you already had that in characters like Fox, Captain Falcon, Ness, Lucas, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Pit, ROB, Snake, Wario, Marth, Ike, etc. etc. etc, many of which were well done and better than pretty much all potentially new characters).

You sound like you just want to start anew for the hell of it. Quite frankly chopping down the best trees doesn't make the forest any greener. "Moving on" doesn't mean you have to melt away all the past. You can change the previous characters, you know, like how Captain Falcon has gotten several new moves, Luigi has become really unique despite still having several borrowed moves, or how Fox and Falco barely share any moves.

Honestly, I think Jigglypuff's best days could be ahead of us, actually. I have Jigglypuff as my secret top tier character choice, actually.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Scratch that, I'm up.
Arguments in a sec.
Looks like we have ourselves a new challenger!
Here are the stats on Fastblade5035:

Member since Dec 30, 2012
And Appears to be a Jigglupuff main!

Lets see what this new challenger brings to the table.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
After your final arguments, we will move onto Mother.
By the way, Deity, according to Wikipedia (your most valid source), Metroid Prime sold little more than 78,000 copies in Japan.

Guess Metroid isn't important anymore.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
OOOH and John continues his argument with Manly from earlier! With two arguments being watched at once, things are gonna get interesting!

I'm looking forward to what Madden is gonna say.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067

your sources sucked bro, so no you didn't

ya, you've lost with this statement, ice climbers had one game on the NES,

funny, because it was an ad on IGN for a long time dudr, heck, I haven't seen a nintendo game add on tv sense dark dawn all the way to dark moon

forums are your sources?

uhhh, look at pokemon over there, then look to america, heck two of the three console companies are based in japan

This time - MOTHER.
Response below yours bub

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Divine is kinda right... Fire Emblem isn't a huge franchise. However, it is a respectable one. It could basically be Smash's next Star Fox, especially since the two characters in Brawl were fantastic and have ridiculous potential for greatness (most of which Marth has obviously recognized).

However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't get 3 Fire Emblem characters... if we get another great character with a great moveset, skillset, and playstyle to go along with Ike and Marth, who are just too good to ever get ride of. We could even get 4... if the price is right... or there's DLC character additions. :shades:
Jigglypuff main?

Don't those guys just fall asleep or sometihin'?

John Madden
Oh, you mean like you fall asleep=???

John Watson (who has met John Madden twice, including once at his former best friend's house where his former best friend's elder sister babysat his grandkids)
OOOH and John continues his argument with Manly from earlier! With two arguments being watched at once, things are gonna get interesting!

I'm looking forward to what Madden is gonna say.
It's not an argument, it's a respectable debate/conversation with a flavor of life Manly keeps penetrating into it. :lol:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since we're in intermission, please don't mind me asking but what does Fire Emblem's importance to Nintendo have to do with Smash? Are we talking about this in regards to the number or reps for a series or something?

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Oh snap, I need to go. I will miss out the veredict of the first part and the outcome of the second one....oh well. Hopefully someone summarizes the entire thing.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Street Fighter does not have that big of a clone problem as you think. The closest you have are the shotos and they've been diversified every time they make an appearance. You can't play Ryu, Ken, Evil Ryu, Oni, and Akuma the same way. I wouldn't even call Sakura, Dan, and Gouken shotoclones.
True, but you can't deny that in Street Fighter III and Alpha that there was a huge influx of clones.
And saying Smash's character quality is better? Weren't you the one *****ing the other day about Pit and ROB?
With ROB and Pit I was complaining about the quality of their movesets in Brawl, and quite frankly I think Pit was fixed. However, I still remain unconvinced that ROB's problems can be really "fixed" to where ROB is really unique, as even Project M's crew has failed to mostly convince me in that regard.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Since we're in intermission, please don't mind me asking but what does Fire Emblem's importance to Nintendo have to do with Smash? Are we talking about this in regards to the number or reps for a series or something?
Deity here said that FE and Mother have no relevance to Nintendo History, this isn't anything to do with characters but he is attacking the series themselves.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Back from Taco Bell!

What did I miss?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Apparently you came late and missed the rivalry recap. To summarize, Divine was distraught over Ridley's alleged abscence form ssb4, lamenting how he gets pushed aside for completely undeserving and unimportant franchises like mother and FE. Swamp wasn;t going to take that lying down.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh snap, I need to go. I will miss out the veredict of the first part and the outcome of the second one....oh well. Hopefully someone summarizes the entire thing.
Don't worry full recaps will be aired tonight at 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom