• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It's late as heck and theres 31 people viewing this thread.

Should I go tell the people of the Roster Prediction discussion thread to come see this? (or will that risk crashing the site? XD)
"Like" spam brought me here

peace

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Don't count Divine out so easily. Swamp's strategy appears to be to deliver a full key blows to destroy Divine's momentum but as of his last retaliation, Divine's not slowing down! He's even resorted to the tried and true measurement contest between the west and and the east!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Whats this it appears Divine is calling for a time out!
Is this legal Dis!?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Oh yeah guys, don't forget to like the post of whoever you think is winning, since apparently that's what Diety is using to define who wins.
Deity also said that if he wins, he automatically wins our respect.

Anything he says at this point should be pretty much ignored.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
He's left the ring already Yeah tell the ref to find him ASAP Folks we're going on a short intermission

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm still laughing when he compared Japan's population to the North American and European population as a continent.

Apples to Oranges haha. Of course it's gonna lose in a weighted comparison.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
It's a Jeli from viva pinata

And sorry, but I don't remember you (even if you have been around since January), the last people I remember were treecko, thunderfang (he still around), mex, and KoP
yeah yeah been lurking since 2003,(decided to make a account in 10' been in and out ever since) i dont blame you for not remembering me (but i remember most peeps on here), cause no one does :rolleyes: and I miss the Live postings...refreshing is a total *****. (sorry kinda rambled a bit there).

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Welcome back you probably already know but put you up to speed

On Tuesday August 20th the place where you fight Ridley in metroid other M and there was a quote that said an old enemy will appear any second hinting Ridley

And everyone is on a war of Ridley being a hazard or playable from that picture
Thanks dude I don't know (sorry bout that)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Deity also said that if he wins, he automatically wins our respect.

Anything he says at this point should be pretty much ignored.
The only way Divine could earn my respect back is if he saved Earth from an invasion of giant zombified aliens controlling even bigger robots and U.F.O.s both of which can shoot missiles the size of the Empire State Building.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I'll be back with a response in 10 minutes... I have to go get something. I'll be back. :smirk:
Cool, in five minutes both Swamp AND me will get to destroy your life arguments and your soul terrible arguments.

Edit: make that THREE minutes.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Round 1 Summary

-Divine came out swinging like crazy
-Swamp's lesson in English
-Swamp's called Divine out on his windless punches
-Divine ran to the men's room

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It starts....

Position: Both Fire Emblem AND Mother are beloved and popular franchises in Japan and in the west (mostly Japan) and they are important parts of Nintendo history.

Argument :Fire Emblem is a marketable.

You serious? Awakening just came out and it was a major release in the west! It sold a ton of copies! Not to mention FE7 which sold lots of copies as well it barely made 200,000 copies, which isn't considered all that much when you compare video game sales to other games Source? with FE8, FE9, FE10 selling decently in the west as well. More like lukewarm - some of them BARELY cracked the 100,000 list, which is considered a BOMB in video game indutires Source?FE11 sold badly, but hey one fluke is fine. Ignoring evidence against Fire Emblem? Fine... I didn't ignore it. I talked about it directly. Every series has its flukes. Even great ones like Mairo, Zelda and Smash Bros. Really? Of course. I could list several examples if you want. And that is just talking about the west. In Japan, it's HUGE!!! More popular than Metroid, Starfox and F-Zero there. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This is why people don't like you. :laugh: Sure, sure it is. So, you're actually saying that Fire Emblem IS MORE POPULAR than Metroid, DK, and Starfox Never said DK, but in Japan yes. Metroid and Staffox don't do so hot there.. Now you'll probably say Kid Icarus or Pikmin are even less popular than Fire Emblem.

Let me get this straight through your head - Japan is not the be-all end-all market of the video gaming world. THE UNITED STATES IS. Hell, even Europe and Canda.Japan is a very small country with no as many people living in it as the other CONTINENTS I just mentioned. If anything, it's the United States that is the most important when it comes to sales. Otherwise, by your logic, apparently Metroid and DK should be cancelled now, with only Fire Emblem replacing them as video game titles. Japan is important, don't get e wrong, but not nearly as enough as the US. :facepalm: My gosh. When did I say that? I just said it was popular in Japan. Your going to extremes and putting words in my mouth. Japan is important as well. Why not throw them a bone or two as well. Especially since Marth was so popular.

:facepalm: Sales wise, it is certainly a success. If it's not marketable, why do they sell well, and why does Nintendo still make them? It's because they are successful. It's no mega money producer like Mario or Pokemon but it is certainly profitable.Yet not as much in comparison to other titles, like Tales, Xenoblade, and Square Enix RPG's Tales and Enix are other companies. I didn't compare them. This is an argument on whether they are important to NINTENDO. Xenoblade didn't sell too well here.

Marth got into Melee because of popularity and requests. He only got in as a favor byt he creators of Fire Emblem by Sakurai. Nothing more. Showme those requests then, if they are even real. http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-development-history-updated-7-9.324410/ Read a bunch of those links. Neither Roy or Marth got in because IS asked. Don't make **** up.

He was included with the likes of Bowser, Peach and Mewtwo because he was a popular character that topped polls that Sakurai used to pick characters.When Sakurai chose newcomers in Melee, he had three methods.
A. Popular requests, AKA the poll ( :bowsermelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee::peachmelee:)
B. Characters he thought would be a good surprise ( :icsmelee::gawmelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee:)
C. Last minute clones. (:drmario::falcomelee::ganondorfmelee::younglinkmelee::roymelee::pichumelee:)

Marth was a popular character. Popular enough to rank with Bowser, Peach and Mewtwo. How can a character from an unpopular series rank that high? He's only poopular BECAUSE of Smash - NOT because he is from Fire Emblem. There is a difference.Read the next sentence...

And mind you, this is before he got into Smash so his popularity wasn't boosted that way. The series and it's characters has a great amount of star power. On par with other Nintendo greats such as Samus, Fox and Captain Falcon, if not surpassing some of them. WHAT?! HAHAHA!!! :lol: Seriously? Yeppers. The series is certainly well liked by a lot of people. And why is it well liked by a lot of people? Because people enjoyed the games. Not as many people as you think there are. Do tell.

Fire Emblem is a popular and successful series. It's a money maker and a popular one at that. To say it isn't marketable is foolish. To clear something up...
mar·ket·a·ble
ˈmärkitəbəl
adjective

1. 1.
    able or fit to be sold or marketed.

"the fish are perfectly marketable"
Here is the definition of marketable. Fire Emblem certainly fits this.It sells quite a bit and makes money too. You're mising my point.

So.. what your saying is that if a game can sell, maybe if they're lucky, a few 100,000 copies, they're suddenly on the same level as DK and Metroid. Wow... :facepalm:
Again where are your sources?

How is it not marketable?

Sorry for the mess people.

And with that! I shall go eat dinner. Fair well!

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
It starts....

Position: Both Fire Emblem AND Mother are beloved and popular franchises in Japan and in the west (mostly Japan) and they are important parts of Nintendo history.

Argument :Fire Emblem is a marketable.

You serious? Awakening just came out and it was a major release in the west! It sold a ton of copies! Not to mention FE7 which sold lots of copies as well it barely made 200,000 copies, which isn't considered all that much when you compare video game sales to other games Source? with FE8, FE9, FE10 selling decently in the west as well. More like lukewarm - some of them BARELY cracked the 100,000 list, which is considered a BOMB in video game indutires Source?FE11 sold badly, but hey one fluke is fine. Ignoring evidence against Fire Emblem? Fine... I didn't ignore it. I talked about it directly. Every series has its flukes. Even great ones like Mairo, Zelda and Smash Bros. Really? Of course. I could list several examples if you want. And that is just talking about the west. In Japan, it's HUGE!!! More popular than Metroid, Starfox and F-Zero there. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This is why people don't like you. :laugh: Sure, sure it is. So, you're actually saying that Fire Emblem IS MORE POPULAR than Metroid, DK, and Starfox Never said DK, but in Japan yes. Metroid and Staffox don't do so hot there.. Now you'll probably say Kid Icarus or Pikmin are even less popular than Fire Emblem.

Let me get this straight through your head - Japan is not the be-all end-all market of the video gaming world. THE UNITED STATES IS. Hell, even Europe and Canda.Japan is a very small country with no as many people living in it as the other CONTINENTS I just mentioned. If anything, it's the United States that is the most important when it comes to sales. Otherwise, by your logic, apparently Metroid and DK should be cancelled now, with only Fire Emblem replacing them as video game titles. Japan is important, don't get e wrong, but not nearly as enough as the US. :facepalm: My gosh. When did I say that? I just said it was popular in Japan. Your going to extremes and putting words in my mouth.

:facepalm: Sales wise, it is certainly a success. If it's not marketable, why do they sell well, and why does Nintendo still make them? It's because they are successful. It's no mega money producer like Mario or Pokemon but it is certainly profitable.Yet not as much in comparison to other titles, like Tales, Xenoblade, and Square Enix RPG's Tales and Enix are other companies. I didn't compare them. This is an argument on whether they are important to NINTENDO. Xenoblade didn't sell too well here.

Marth got into Melee because of popularity and requests. He only got in as a favor byt he creators of Fire Emblem by Sakurai. Nothing more. Showme those requests then, if they are even real.http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-development-history-updated-7-9.324410/ Read a bunch of those links. Neither Roy or Marth got in because IS asked. Don't make **** up.

He was included with the likes of Bowser, Peach and Mewtwo because he was a popular character that topped polls that Sakurai used to pick characters.When Sakurai chose newcomers in Melee, he had three methods.
A. Popular requests, AKA the poll ( :bowsermelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee::peachmelee:)
B. Characters he thought would be a good surprise ( :icsmelee::gawmelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee:)
C. Last minute clones. (:drmario::falcomelee::ganondorfmelee::younglinkmelee::roymelee::pichumelee:)

Marth was a popular character. Popular enough to rank with Bowser, Peach and Mewtwo. How can a character from an unpopular series rank that high? He's only poopular BECAUSE of Smash - NOT because he is from Fire Emblem. There is a difference.Read the next sentence...

And mind you, this is before he got into Smash so his popularity wasn't boosted that way. The series and it's characters has a great amount of star power. On par with other Nintendo greats such as Samus, Fox and Captain Falcon, if not surpassing some of them. WHAT?! HAHAHA!!! :lol: Seriously? Yeppers. The series is certainly well liked by a lot of people. And why is it well liked by a lot of people? Because people enjoyed the games. Not as many people as you think there are. Do tell.

Fire Emblem is a popular and successful series. It's a money maker and a popular one at that. To say it isn't marketable is foolish. To clear something up...
mar·ket·a·ble
ˈmärkitəbəl
adjective

1. 1.
    able or fit to be sold or marketed.

"the fish are perfectly marketable"
Here is the definition of marketable. Fire Emblem certainly fits this.It sells quite a bit and makes money too. You're mising my point.

So.. what your saying is that if a game can sell, maybe if they're lucky, a few 100,000 copies, they're suddenly on the same level as DK and Metroid. Wow... :facepalm:
Again where are your sources?

Sorry for the mess people.

And with that! I shall go eat dinner. Fair well!
TAG OUT MAN TAG OUT! *extends hand*

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
You see this moon? We have fans literally begging to get a piece of the action. You couldn't fake this kind of heat if you tried!

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It's a Jeli from viva pinata

And sorry, but I don't remember you (even if you have been around since January), the last people I remember were treecko, thunderfang (he still around), mex, and KoP
Untitled-2.png

Someone...remembers me...

This must be my day. First I'm in a pairing, and now this.

"RULES: The rules are the same as before - when the debate starts, the person with the most amount of likes wins, by the time the debate ends, of course. So whoever wins the debate must have the most number of likes. :)"
Yeah, he wasn't prepared for this.

"PRIZE: Only one - if I lose, I will leave this thread for weeks, maybe even MONTHS, until Mewtwo is announced."
IF Mewtwo is announced...

As a ref, host, or fighter?
As a criminal. :shades:

----

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Round 1 Summary

-Divine came out swinging like crazy
-Swamp's lesson in English
-Swamp's called Divine out on his windless punches
-Divine ran to the men's room
It appears one of the contestants is requesting to eat Dinner!?
Sounds shady! I hope there aren't any illegal enhancers!

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
so kid icarus, a series with a game drought of over 21 years, is more important to nintendo then a series with 10 games (not including remakes) over that span

so this is the reputation I heard in the BRoom

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I feel like I should block Deity, but at the same time, I'd only see half of the debate.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Swamp is sticking to his guns wanting sources, the cry for sources has successfully halted Divine's game. Illegal enhancers just may be his best hope for a come back.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Fire Emblem is a popular and successful series. (Hardly) It's a money maker (100,000 per game is a money maker?) and a popular one at that. (In the same way cult classics are popular - only by a very small percentage of followers) To say it isn't marketable is foolish. To clear something up...
mar·ket·a·ble
ˈmärkitəbəl
adjective

1. 1.
    able or fit to be sold or marketed. Fire Emblem is not at all a console seller, as many people pointed out beforehand - it only had a viable market in Japan until it was finally released overseas - almost DECADES later. It it TRULY was marketable to Nintendo, they would have went all across the board and sold it into EVERY marketplace around the world... yet, it didn't even arrive on shore to American until a very long time.

"the fish are perfectly marketable" What?
Here is the definition of marketable. Fire Emblem certainly fits this.It sells quite a bit and makes money too. Again, Fire Emblem only makes the measly sales of a few 100,000 copies per game, not even counting those that fail to even reach that low standard (Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn). When compared to Nintendo's history of real money making games - Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, DK, Metroid - Fire Emblem doesn't even compare well.

I'm just going to say this here: as Peachy said beforehand, Fire Emblem is has " never been a system seller, and it's a very niche franchise as a result" of its

low popularity and poor marketing. It's not a viable asset to Nintendo, being kept alive only through the efforts of Sakurai and Smash. Despite this, there well PLENTY of times the Fire Emblem series was almost SHUT DOWN FOR GOOD (FE6, FE8, FE11, FE12, FE13). It THAT isn't a marketing disaster of epic proportions for Nintendo next to Virtual Boy, I don't want to know what is... wow... :facepalm:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I gotta say, Divine's got a lot of heart. Kid is like an animal out there on the field.

He's a little raw, though. That Swampasaurus...he's got experience on his side!

John Madden
I don't know who you are anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom