• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm just going to say this here: as Peachy said beforehand, Fire Emblem is has " never been a system seller, and it's a very niche franchise as a result" of its

low popularity and poor marketing. It's not a viable asset to Nintendo, being kept alive only through the efforts of Sakurai and Smash. Despite this, there well PLENTY of times the Fire Emblem series was almost SHUT DOWN FOR GOOD (FE6, FE8, FE11, FE12, FE13). It THAT isn't a marketing disaster of epic proportions for Nintendo next to Virtual Boy, I don't want to know what is... wow... :facepalm:
Almost shut down?

Source.

Now.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Not liking Diety's posts is hard because they can make me laugh for how funny they are.

WHY MUST CONTEST RULES BE SO STRICT!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Illegal enhancers?

Like those steroids?

John Madden
This could spell disqualification.

Quick word from our sponsors:
This match was brought to you by the Pic of the Day:
"Wii Fit Trainer knocks in a header. This lethal move is based off of one of the Wii Fit Balance Games."

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm just going to say this here: as Peachy said beforehand, Fire Emblem is has " never been a system seller, and it's a very niche franchise as a result" of its

low popularity and poor marketing. It's not a viable asset to Nintendo, being kept alive only through the efforts of Sakurai and Smash. Despite this, there well PLENTY of times the Fire Emblem series was almost SHUT DOWN FOR GOOD (FE6, FE8, FE11, FE12, FE13). It THAT isn't a marketing disaster of epic proportions for Nintendo next to Virtual Boy, I don't want to know what is... wow... :facepalm:
Oh! And here comes Divine off the kickoff, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight down the field! A marketing disaster in the same vein as the Virtual Boy? Golly!

Smooth Criminal

John Madden

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just sharing some epic music with you to enjoy with the debate. (it lasts for a half hour, don't get too addicted like me XD. Click on a different one every now and then)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

I don't remember Fire Emblem causing physical discomfort or costing $180 with bad technological assets.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh! And here comes Divine off the kickoff, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight down the field! A marketing disaster in the same vein as the Virtual Boy? Golly!

Smooth Criminal

John Madden
At appears Divine has brought sources! One of them is a quote from J. Author from Amazon!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Good God Almighty! Ask and you shall receive! Not only has Divine finally brought out his sources, he skipped the weak blows of sales and went straight to the heart! Would a series that's important be up for cancellation so many times?!
Warning I didn't actually read the sources

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
At appears Divine has brought sources! One of them is a quote from J. Author from Amazon!
Does that even count?

Good God Almighty! Ask and you shall receive! Not only has Divine finally brought out his sources, he skipped the weak blows of sales and went straight to the heart! Would a series that's important be up for cancellation so many times?!
Warning I didn't actually read the sources
I don't know, but I don't see how that's important. Like I said, this Deity kid is a little raw. He's gotta tighten up his game a bit.

John Madden

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Back to Fire Emblem then. Back to Fire Emblem.

Final Round for Fire Emblem!
It's time for our final rebuttals to each other on whether or not (int his case, not) why Fire Emblem is important to Nintendo. Remember to summarize all your arguments clearly.
Somebody keep score of this duel.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Swamp has yet to return.
Rule 34, Section 69 states: If challenger does not respond in 3mins and has not declared time (or dinner break apparently) then 1 contestant may take the challengers place at the penalty of 5 points to the opposer

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Does that even count?

I don't know, but I don't see how that's important. Like I said, this Deity kid is a little raw. He's gotta tighten up his game a bit.

John Madden
Madden, you can't honestly just dismiss that. It may not have landed as hard as Divine thought but that red fist shape Swamp didn't just manifest itself!

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Swamp has yet to return.
Rule 34, Section 69 states: If challenger does not respond in 3mins and has not declared time (or dinner break apparently) then 1 contestant may take the challengers place at the penalty of 5 points to the opposer
Are you sure that's ALL rule 34 said? :troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Deity, you should learn to check for reliable sources. Forums are the worst source you can possibly use, and one undermined your ENTIRE sales argument.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067

low popularity and poor marketing. It's not a viable asset to Nintendo, being kept alive only through the efforts of Sakurai and Smash. Despite this, there well PLENTY of times the Fire Emblem series was almost SHUT DOWN FOR GOOD (FE6, FE8, FE11, FE12, FE13). It THAT isn't a marketing disaster of epic proportions for Nintendo next to Virtual Boy, I don't want to know what is... wow...
ya, some random poster is the best source ever

kid icarus: uprising (a series you say is more important to nintendo) only happen because of sakurai and smash, and will be sense sakurai won't make another game, so obviously it's not important to nintendo either, at least nintendo continued to make the games somewhere, unlike kid icarus, which was dropped

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Swampasur is unable to battle. 1 new challenger must step forward to prevent Divine from claiming victory

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
The refs seemed to go out for coffee, the fighters are checking their notes, I think now's a good time to end the round. What's the score looking like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom