• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*insert epic entrance here*​
Weegee luv?

I see your Weegee time and raise you a super awesome ultra deluxe mega chocolate vanilla caramel butterscotch ball of GOODNESS!!! (Aka the best smash bros/internet video ever that if you don't love you are going to hell, purgatory, and a never ending Disneyland ride called "the line of people who don't use deodorant [which I have been on and that BO is more evident than Diddy Kong's man crush on Impa]).
AT THE SAME TIME!!! ;)
Sigh melee was so fun....
Melee is always fun. There is no "was" with Melee, because Melee never dies. :cool:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its weird. There have been no games released after Brawl that I have been overly fond of. I mean Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Kirby's Return to Dream Land were great games, but otherwise I can't really think of any game actually released since Brawl that I have a special attachment to.

Its especially weird because I can name at least five games on the GameCube that meet what I am talking about.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nintendo had plenty of post-Brawl games to love, especially on the DS and 3DS. Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black and White (1 and 2), the new Luigi's Mansion game , Metroid Prime 3, and both Super Mario Galaxy games (albeit both lack replay value).

Also probably the new Luigi's Mansion game as well (I (played a demo of it last week and loved the life out of that game! Man the 3DS is heating up just like the DS did, although hopefully I can keep up with the dozens of highly entertainingly and high quality games).

Oh, and Project M. That game kicks Smash. :shades:
I've been wrecking my brother in that game as Mario, who is so much more fun in version 2.5b than he was in version 2.1. It's like Mario in Smash 64, Mario in Melee, and Doc in Melee had a three way triangle child that got all the goods and just decided to go all balls crazy.
Dude, how are you doing man? Long time no see!
Being a Business Administrative Major and taking a crap ton of units. Apparently, unlike what I thought of it, it's a lot of work... :facepalm:

Oh and Diddy, if you haven't, watch that video. It features the one thing I love most about Brawl.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
If Brawl minus would have advertised itself as a competitive alternative to vBrawl everyone and their mom would be hailing it as the greatest thing ever.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Brawl minus would have advertised itself as a competitive alternative to vBrawl everyone and their mom would be hailing it as the greatest thing ever.
Brawl minus is really fun and all (Project M 2.1 had a lot of Brawl minus stuff), but man, Project M, especially 2.6b, is freaking off the hook yo dawg yo (yes, I went 90's retro on you; I can't wait until kids have "90's night" dances; actually, I can).

But yeah, Project M took a lot of what Brawl minus had and even left some of it unaltered (much of the Brawl minus development team makes up the Project M development team). The fluid Melee feel of Fox (which is so good), Ness not totally sucking (just mostly), Lucas... well... he's nearly entirely the same as Brawl minus, and Mario! My goodness Mario is incredible.

I've modded the heck out of Project M as well, to where I got an awesome balanced version of the Summit, Peach's Castle 64, a hazard-less PictoChat, and somewhere from 100 to 200 music edits. Now if only someone would make a version of Port Town Aero Dive where all that stage was is the basic platform and a moving background... :love:

D

Deleted member

Clap your hands at Johnknight1, for epicness has just arrived to your front door. :cool:

*clap*

Also, custom music should definitely happen. I want to be play to use this theme so I can kick ass while playing as Mewtwo's new form.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Being a Business Administrative Major and taking a crap ton of units. Apparently, unlike what I thought of it, it's a lot of work... :facepalm:
Meanwhile, I'm finally finishing up college, and these next days will be hell as I try to figure out how to program this part of the project.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Its weird. There have been no games released after Brawl that I have been overly fond of. I mean Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Kirby's Return to Dream Land were great games, but otherwise I can't really think of any game actually released since Brawl that I have a special attachment to.

Its especially weird because I can name at least? five games on the GameCube that meet what I am talking about.
It's probably franchise fatigue causing you to loss your passion. It's kind of happening to me too, which is why Super Mario Bros. is getting shifted over every time and why The Legend of Zelda feels like a hand-me-down for gimmicks. So far the games released after Brawl that interest me the most are the stuff outside the norm, like Kid Icarus: Uprising, Xenoblade, Fossil Fighters, and eShop titles like HarmoKnight and Dillon's Rolling Western.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Clap your hands at Johnknight1, for epicness has just arrived to your front door. :cool:

*clap*

Also, custom music should definitely happen. I want to be play to use this theme so I can kick *** while playing as Mewtwo's new form.
I always need an epic entrance. I guess all those years of loving those epic entrances in boxing did that to me. :cool:

Also, I have that song on my Project M mod. It plays on Final Destination. I also have Cell's theme from DBZ: Budokai on that stage, and the theme of SS3 Goku on Port Town Aero Dive.

But the best song I have is this song on Fountain of Dreams. Seriously, it's the best song ever, and proof that custom additional music (not music that replaces other music) is a must for all future smash entries. Like for real, I have ROB's victory music as the Halo victory theme, and the Fire Emblem: Awakening victory music (an orchestrated version of "Together We Ride") as victory music. This plays win Samus wins, and it is amazing.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I always need an epic entrance. I guess all those years of loving those epic entrances in boxing did that to me. :cool:

Also, I have that song on my Project M mod. It plays on Final Destination. I also have Cell's theme from DBZ: Budokai on that stage, and the theme of SS3 Goku on Port Town Aero Dive.

But the best song I have is this song on Fountain of Dreams. Seriously, it's the best song ever, and proof that custom additional music (not music that replaces other music) is a must for all future smash entries. Like for real, I have ROB's victory music as the Halo victory theme, and the Fire Emblem: Awakening victory music (an orchestrated version of "Together We Ride") as victory music. This plays win Samus wins, and it is amazing.
Where is this orchestrated version of Together We Ride? I haven't encountered it and I'm on the last chapter.

I wonder what my entrance music would be.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Your entrance music would be the "Kuma Kuma Wata" song from High School Rumble. :shades:

Your entrance would be as epic as this...
Where is this orchestrated version of Together We Ride? I haven't encountered it and I'm on the last chapter.

I wonder what my entrance music would be.
I found it on the Brawl Vault somewhere (the Brawl Vault = the greatest thing ever). Do an advanced search on the Brawl Vault and look up victory music for (Fire Emblem) Awakening and you're sure to find it without taking too much time. But yeah, it's epic, albeit fairly long (about 40 seconds) for a victory song. I think the song is called something like "Victory" on the Vault.
It's probably franchise fatigue causing you to loss your passion. It's kind of happening to me too, which is why Super Mario Bros. is getting shifted over every time and why The Legend of Zelda feels like a hand-me-down for gimmicks. So far the games released after Brawl that interest me the most are the stuff outside the norm, like Kid Icarus: Uprising, Xenoblade, Fossil Fighters, and eShop titles like HarmoKnight and Dillon's Rolling Western.
That tends to happen a lot if you play the same type of games from the same developer (or even country) I find. That's why I always play a diverse my portfolio of games I'm playing. Currently, I'm play Civilization IV, Age of Mythology, Skyrim, Project M, Fight Nights, the (original) Legend of Zelda, UFC Undisputed 3, Sonic 3, Baja Racing (some offroad racing game that's hard but fun), Soul Caliber I, GTA: San Andreas (online mostly), Team Fortress 2, and a few Pokémon games.

D

Deleted member

Oh and Diddy, if you haven't, watch that video. It features the one thing I love most about Brawl.

Hey, it's the Football guy!!

How ya been buddy? Now that you, me and Oasis are all here we can have a party!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh darn, I completely forgot we went off topic again. Ack, sorry. Oh well we went around kicking dead horses in there anyway. Best to wait until E3 or something until we've finally got something properly to talk about in terms of characters. :/

D

Deleted member

I think it's for the best really. All the derp can go here. Likewise it might breathe new life into the respective character threads, seeings as they were becoming rather redundant.

Hell, I say it should STAY closed. There really isn't much of a point, we can talk about rosters here.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think we all just ought to derp down. Getting off topic is one thing, but man, with character discussion, it's easy to do, because character discussion is so limited, and because we haven't even seen the characters in the game.

With a generic discussion, we can talk stages, items, gameplay (which is the main part of the game), and even about mods for Melee and Brawl, and how we'd like to see similar things in Smash WiiU and Smash 3DS.

Speaking of which, I want to see this stage in a future smash game. I have it on my Project M mod, and it is amazing. Hopefully the Smash Modding community can find a way to transfer a lot of these mods to Smash WiiU and Smash 3DS.
Hey, it's the Football guy!!

How ya been buddy? Now that you, me and Oasis are all here we can have a party!
1. Football isn't even my favorite sport (MMA is, by far). It's just I trust in the Kaper-tain.
2. I have been, and like the Alps, I come first when you look up things (the Alps alphabetically with Mountains, and me with awesomeness).
3. I don't party or go to parties because I am a party. Because of that, the party doesn't need to find me, because it is me.
Meanwhile, I'm finally finishing up college, and these next days will be hell as I try to figure out how to program this part of the project.
Every since Spring Break like 3 weeks ago, I've had no less than 15 tests. But at least it's not as bad as my 1st semester. I'm not going to discuss that, but I went overboard with work and school. After my last final, I literally slept for 24 1/2 hours.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So the other thread was closed. It should have happened a long time ago, actually.

Well, whatever.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A moment of silence for the Roster Discussion thread...

@Johnknight

Haven't met you before but welcome back!

And that stage looks REAL pretty. Love the background.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Geeeeeeeeeeeee------ really. Ah well, we could pretty much just wait patiently until E3 now instead of wasting ourselves on more off-topic which has really become a bore to watch for me.

But yo and hey about long time Johnny! Glad to see you here again.

Manly, ya could draw him too maybe, hahuyck.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, on the bright side, now I can focus on making movesets instead of worrying over derp. There's a particular one I wanted to do that I have been putting off, specifically one for Roy utilizing a gimmick centered around the concept of powering up via a move called "Ignited Seals".

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A moment of silence for the Roster Discussion thread...

@Johnknight

Haven't met you before but welcome back!
You haven't met me=???
Sir, I am the all-time championest champ of champions.

I am the razzle in the dazzle.
I am the shake that is an Earthquake.
I am the pain the game that puts my opponents to shame.
I am the fear that you jeer and causes you to shake when I'm near, and the fear you feel will be gigantic when I drink you like beer as I give you a cold leer.
You will crack when you choose to attract my attack, and when I cease to strike back, you will realize you were quack, which is a matter of fact when I go to your shack and I run you over like a Cadillac.
I am John to the bomb, the knight of fright, and I am called number one because I once ate the sun, and I will preach this like a nun and I will drum this 'til I'm done until your realize that challenging me was dumb and that you should have wised up son while you were young.
And that stage looks REAL pretty. Love the background.
But onto that stage, it is perfect. The two platforms move up and down, and you can even see the original Summit in the background.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Every since Spring Break like 3 weeks ago, I've had no less than 15 tests. But at least it's not as bad as my 1st semester. I'm not going to discuss that, but I went overboard with work and school. After my last final, I literally slept for 24 1/2 hours.
My work load hasn't been too bad, mostly because my business classes are so much easier than any of the comp. sci. classes I've ever taken and I actually learn stuff. Although, I have a final programming project for Tuesday and my part is something I can't figure out to do. As usual, I have no idea what I'm doing. Google doesn't help and I freak out every time I work on this thing. Yesterday, I couldn't bear to look at the code and had to sit down before I had a panic attack.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
People just never understood that rumors, sales figures and other things over-speculators give too much weight to don't make a roster.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Must share!
This made me like Brawl's theme again!

bobadz

Smash Ace
Honestly, we had it coming considering we were warned about 5 times o get back on topic.
Then again, there's only so many times you can talk about Fire Emblem reps.

D

Deleted member

The old dog needed to be shot down, so what was done is necessary.
Hahahahaha, I dunno why I found this so funny.

Anyway, since we were talking about P:M Music. I'm gonna post some of mine:
Menu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOtQQV7jrS8&list=PLv6ShwihwvA_0h54F3jnnZha0gS_OlMev&index=3 Electrical Communication (Megaman 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg5irn7S9NU -Break the Targets Remix (Smash Bros. Melee)

Final Destinaton:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvHXjfJQMLI -Sword of Doom II (Blazblue)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOz-T3NPtLA&list=PLv6ShwihwvA_0h54F3jnnZha0gS_OlMev&index=35 -Flandre's Theme Remix (Touhou)

Metal Cavern
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj1Xz49WsI -Rebirth the Edge (Sengoku Rance)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1BKLQ9dp04&list=PLv6ShwihwvA_0h54F3jnnZha0gS_OlMev&index=5 -Opening Stage Arrange (Megaman 8)

Battlefield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTuoi5GJQFE -Onthology Arranged (Sengoku Rance)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNKKTBCoFpI -Under Heaven Destruction Remix (Blazblue)

Fountain of Dreams:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zPAyLkmhFU&feature=youtu.be -Tear Drop (******* Pop Terrorists Vol.2)

SSE Jungle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuKcl8e_7J0 -World Without Words (Nujabes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_q9y5vSIrw -Waltz of the Forest with Lyrics (SMRPG)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzXnc9QXQSs -Fate of 60 Years Remix (Touhou)

Castlevania
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmK2EFfzqLs -Magia (Puella Magika Madoka)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZUI37gEh2s -Castlevania Theme Cover (Iron Maiden)

Pokemon Stadium 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm8Vus-VQwE - Gotta Catch Em' All, Movie Version (Billy Crawford)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkjhKf9ZusU&list=PLD3F5F936D6897A42&index=5 -G/S/C Kanto Gym Leader Battle Remix (PokeRemixStudio)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bui***c9RNU -Trainer Red Battle Remix (DJTheFishhead)

Saffron City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHJa_om2nyk - Pokemon World (Pokemon 2000)

Hyrule Castle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTiIZO-Hh44 -Stone Tower Temple (Majora's Mask)

Animal Crossing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNqCrr8bbVE&list=PLv6ShwihwvA_0h54F3jnnZha0gS_OlMev&index=25 -Fuka's Theme (Disgaia 4)

That's just a sample, I have many more, but those are some of the best tracks that really get me pumped. I'll add Tear Drop once the video uploads (it's blasphemy that song is not on Youtube).

Also, anyone else get that glitch with the songs sometimes when playing P:M, where the song will just freak out, and then go mute? I suppose it's a corrupt file, but I'm too damn lazy to fix it. This ****'s actually hard work.

D

Deleted member

Well, on the bright side, now I can focus on making movesets instead of worrying over derp. There's a particular one I wanted to do that I have been putting off, specifically one for Roy utilizing a gimmick centered around the concept of powering up via a move called "Ignited Seals".
Hey clue me in one this one, maybe we can do it together man, I already mentioned how I was gonna work on a Roy moveset based around Sol Baduy's versatility and fire based attacks.

PM me? Maybe?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My work load hasn't been too bad, mostly because my business classes are so much easier than any of the comp. sci. classes I've ever taken and I actually learn stuff. Although, I have a final programming project for Tuesday and my part is something I can't figure out to do. As usual, I have no idea what I'm doing. Google doesn't help and I freak out every time I work on this thing. Yesterday, I couldn't bear to look at the code and had to sit down before I had a panic attack.
Trust me, when you get to advanced business legal classes, accounting, business math (I am bad at math), and financial management, it gets harder.
People just never understood that rumors, sales figures and other things over-speculators give too much weight to don't make a roster.
Most people don't understand anything about Brawl speculation. Heck, most Smash players don't even understand how smash works.
Honestly, we had it coming considering we were warned about 5 times o get back on topic.
Then again, there's only so many times you can talk about Fire Emblem reps.
It's boring because chanting "Roy's our boy" over and over again makes you win every debate. :cool:
Geeeeeeeeeeeee------ really. Ah well, we could pretty much just wait now instead of wasting ourselves on more off-topic.

But yo and hey about long time Johnny! Manly, ya could draw him too maybe, hahuyck.
You guys got to learn how to go off topic but relay it to the topic like I do. :shades:

Also, I'm pretty sure my random appearance killed the thread. After it saw I wasn't going to post in it after I was the first poster to go over 9,000, it died from heartbreak. Apparently I give the ladies the crazies and they do that all the time. It's a cursed I was gifted on Facebook back when Facebook was MySpace. :confused:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ I'm good to life out of mercy to answer your wrongly concocted sentence. Life must be good to me since I am it's master, and it fears me.

Also, I've been prime in the time of the crime of a dime while I chill in a lime and I repeat this rhyme of mine, which is just fine if it costs only nine if you never are behind the life you must grind.
Anyway, since we were talking about P:M Music. I'm gonna post some of mine:
Castlevania: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZUI37gEh2s -Castlevania Theme Cover (Iron Maiden)
Hyrule Castle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTiIZO-Hh44 -Stone Tower Temple (Majora's Mask)

Also, anyone else get that glitch with the songs sometimes when playing P:M, where the song will just freak out, and then go mute? I suppose it's a corrupt file, but I'm too damn lazy to fix it. This ****'s actually hard work.
1. How did I not know one of my favorite band covered Castlevania=??? It's funny, because some of my Castlevania stage songs feature brief Iron Maiden covers. At least I still have the Symphony X "Imperial March" song. :grin:
2. The Stone Tower Temple song is on that same stage for me, and it works beautifully.
3. The freaking out is due to the file being corrupt, and it usually only happens with really outdated BRSTM files from before when people knew how to properly do them. Or if you're using a simple BRSTM converter, well, those have those issues fairly often because, again, they're not properly built, which is what the Brawl Vault is for. ;)
4. Add this song to your Custom Music. No really, it's amazing. It's a remix of some epic song from a crappy NES game called Silver Surfer based on the Marvel superhero, and boy oh boy is it AMAZING!!!

D

Deleted member

^^^ I'm good to life out of mercy to answer your wrong concocted sentence. Life must be good to me since I am it's master, and it fears me.

Also, I've been prime in the time of the crime of a dime while I chill in a lime and I repeat this rhyme of mine, which is just fine if it costs only nine if you never are behind the life you must grind.

1. How did I not know one of my favorite band covered Castlevania=??? It's funny, because some of my Castlevania stage songs feature brief Iron Maiden covers. At least I still have the Symphony X "Imperial March" song. :grin:
2. The Stone Tower Temple song is on that same stage for me, and it works beautifully.
3. The freaking out is due to the file being corrupt, and it usually only happens with really outdated BRSTM files from before when people knew how to properly do them. Or if you're using a simple BRSTM converter, well, those have those issues fairly often because, again, they're not properly built, which is what the Brawl Vault is for. ;)
4. Add this song to your Custom Music. No really, it's amazing. It's a remix of some epic song from a crappy NES game called Silver Surfer based on the Marvel superhero, and boy oh boy is it AMAZING!!!
Song downloaded! Perfect for Metal Cavern.

So what BRSTM do you recommend then? Brawl Vault is cool and all, but I wonder if they'll have all the songs I wanna put in, especially since I like adding obsucure remixes of songs.

Btw, Touhou Remixes fit in Smash Bros so well it's not even funny.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's boring because chanting "Roy's our boy" over and over again makes you win every debate. :cool:
According to Corph and Chrono, yes that's the case. But since those debates were basically bashing your head against a brick wall, I don't know if bashing your head the hardest is considered "winning".

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Fire Emblem can go screw itself. Seriously we get it, it's dull and boring and there are generally better choices out there for fighters. No need to choose between a bag of rocks and a bag of sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom