• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Or a monkey, a raccoon
Or one that can do iron crosses.

I seriously need to try doing these. I've never done them before.

I hate to bring up the epic derp topic, but Toon Link should be renamed Lnika with the power of WEEND!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Super Smash Bros Clash sounds the best.

That or Kerfuffle.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Super Smash Bros. U / Universe seems likely to me. After all, it's all sorts of Nintendo universes mashed togheter.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Super Smash Bros. U / Universe seems likely to me. After all, it's all sorts of Nintendo universes mashed togheter.
I'll take it if it mean's Slime is playable.

Side note: The roster really isn’t that bad. Trade Zoroark and King Hippo for Mewtwo and Takamaru, and you’ve got a pretty solid list. In fact, that would probably amount to a perfect 10/10 roster for me assuming Solid Snake is the only absence of note. Too bad.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kerfluffle is still funny. And I'd be estatic if they'd actuall name the game this due to some Japanese mistranslation or something. :laugh:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Come on, everyone knows that the only right name is Ultra Hyper Mega Xtreme Super Bash Sisters Alpha Turbo Championship edition DX '98 version 1.2.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually starting to think Universe may be the real deal. Not the "leak" about Slime, King Hippo, Zoroark, etc., but the initial documents from 2011.
Sakurai never actually disconfirmed those documents, he merely said that characters had not been decided yet. The initial documents didn't leak any characters.

As we know from Brawl, ideas were tossed around in documents prior to development. The initial Universe documents would be within the right time.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Would you expect the names to be different for each version, or to just tack on U and 3DS at the end? I guess the latter option would avoid more confusion, huh?

STILL WANT TO BELIEVE IN MY ARENA/TOUR IDEA. Maybe Universe/Dimensions would work even though it sounds cliche as hell.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I'm actually starting to think Universe may be the real deal. Not the "leak" about Slime, King Hippo, Zoroark, etc., but the initial documents from 2011.
Sakurai never actually disconfirmed those documents, he merely said that characters had not been decided yet. The initial documents didn't leak any characters.

As we know from Brawl, ideas were tossed around in documents prior to development. The initial Universe documents would be within the right time.
What were the leaked files? This is the first time I've heard of it.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I see.

Also Smash 4 99% confirmed by Nintendo not to be released this year.

"Based on the strong lineup of upcoming software titles for both the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, Nintendo expects to return to Operating Income profitability by the end of the current fiscal year. During the next several months, Nintendo expects to launch new titles in the Mario Kart (Wii U), Super Mario Bros. (Wii U), Wii Fit (Wii U), Pikmin (Wii U), The Legend of Zelda (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS), Mario & Luigi (Nintendo 3DS) and Pokémon (Nintendo 3DS) franchises. These games, along with titles from Nintendo’s third-party publishing partners, will help drive hardware momentum and introduce new audiences to the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS platforms."

D

Deleted member

I see.

Also Smash 4 99% confirmed by Nintendo not to be released this year.

"Based on the strong lineup of upcoming software titles for both the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, Nintendo expects to return to Operating Income profitability by the end of the current fiscal year. During the next several months, Nintendo expects to launch new titles in the Mario Kart (Wii U), Super Mario Bros. (Wii U), Wii Fit (Wii U), Pikmin (Wii U), The Legend of Zelda (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS), Mario & Luigi (Nintendo 3DS) and Pokémon (Nintendo 3DS) franchises. These games, along with titles from Nintendo’s third-party publishing partners, will help drive hardware momentum and introduce new audiences to the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS platforms."
Good to hear. It basically confirms that Smash 4 won't be rushed.

Also, am I the only one who actually wants a fan comic made out of the pre-SSB4 scene ranging from slightly before E3 2011 to release date of the game? It'd be hilarious to look back and laugh at all the drama years from now.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have an idea: we make character bingo cards before the reveal with 24 characters people want (and free space) to see who can win a bingo. I haven't decided if we stop the bingo after the E3 reveal or continue until release.

But on another forums I'll make a basic E3 bingo sheet for the third year in a row.

D

Deleted member

On the internet. Nobody knows you're an one-eyed monster.
Ho-boy...

Dat innuendo.

What's with the Kerfuffle jokes? I have seen a lot of them on the GameFAQs boards...
GameFAQs just NOW got to that old joke?

Damn, that one sure moved slow. It was an old joke on /v/. It was how they'd refer to Smash 4 since it was the most comical and absurd way to refer to the game. Remember, 4chan like irony.

Kerfuffle is just a very silly way to say fight.

As for the title...

I dunno, as long as it isn't try-hard.

Battle, would be ok.
Skirmish... I think of CnC.
Clash is boring
Bout would be ok
Rumble
Tussle
Uproar
Universe, seems likely to me
Scrimage
Fray
Jam
Battle Royale
Wallop
Riot, I like this one
Slugfest, this one even more

As for the more silly ones you have:

Brouhaha
Fisticuffs
Altercation (another /v/ favorite)
Confrontation
Disagreement
Ruckus
Feud
Donnybrook
Difference of Opinion
Misunderstanding
Shindig

...to name a few.

Yeah, after all that, Super Smash Bros. Slugfest sounds kinda neat. Super Smash Bros. Riot would also be cool. SSBS or SSBR?

Should we make another poll? Hehehehe

EDIT:

Super Smash Bros. Slugfest = Smash 4
Super Smash Bros. Riot = Smash 5

Calling it now.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I have an idea: we make character bingo cards before the reveal with 24 characters people want (and free space) to see who can win a bingo. I haven't decided if we stop the bingo after the E3 reveal or continue until release.

But on another forums I'll make a basic E3 bingo sheet for the third year in a row.
Continue until release would be ideal, though maybe not just focusing on the characters. More like general stuff like characters, stages, mechanics, or other whistles and bells.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Abit random but please needs you guys real advise
3DS or XL?
gonna get one soon.
Which one?

Picture Quality on games & VC games
Sound
Brightness
D-Pad sturdy ness (my DS Lites Down on D-pad is mashed...)

& Basicly overall whats better?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Rumble actually doesn't roll of the tongue though. Makes it sound like a generic whack game where you put characters together in a pit.
They would be missing a great opportunity if they don't use Rumble. Especially with Little Mac.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
To copy someone from the past:

The last time we got a game with the words "Super" and "Rumble" we got this:

vicgur

Smash Ace
Abit random but please needs you guys real advise
3DS or XL?
gonna get one soon.
Which one?

Picture Quality on games & VC games
Sound
Brightness
D-Pad sturdy ness (my DS Lites Down on D-pad is mashed...)

& Basicly overall whats better?
I recommend XL, not because it's better in any of those things you mentioned, but because it has better design overall.
3DS has so many design flaws, I can't even start to mention them. It's like Nintendo never had portable consoles before. It's a rookie design.
XL is a flawless version 3DS. So yeah. There it is.

Continue until release would be ideal, though maybe not just focusing on the characters. More like general stuff like characters, stages, mechanics, or other whistles and bells.
If you guys do that, let me know. I want to be part of that, too. It'll be fun!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Pokemon Rumble Blast is probably one of the more mediocre games I've played in recent years. It's like Pokemon but designed for babies in mind. No strategy, just spam the attack button.

D

Deleted member

So... I take it no one likes Super Smash Bros. Slugfest and Super Smash Bros. Riot?

;_;

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey, E3 stuff:
Also, I would like to use this opportunity to talk about this year’s E3.

In the past we invited reporters, investors and analysts, industry partners, such as software publishers, and distributors who attended E3 to our large-scale presentations. We also used them as a communication tool in which we broadcast our presentations on the Internet to reach out to video game fans around the globe. I believe that many are expecting us to host a similar event this year.

On the other hand, since we set out on new endeavors such as Nintendo Direct two years ago in October, we have been paying special attention to the fact that different people demand different types of information from us. For example, as video game fans are looking for information about games, it seems that they are less interested in sales figures that investors and analysts on the other hand attach much greater importance to, and distribution partners are looking for information on how we are going to market our products in the immediate future. At previous financial briefing sessions we announced information about our products, showed videos and even uploaded the recording of these events onto our website, but given that we now have an established method such as Nintendo Direct, we feel that we will be able to deliver our messages more appropriately and effectively by doing so individually based on the various needs of different groups of people.

At E3 this year, we are not planning to launch new hardware, and our main activity at E3 will be to announce and have people experience our software. Many people are certainly very interested in learning more about the Wii U titles that we are going to announce. We will use E3 as an ideal opportunity to talk in detail mainly about the Wii U titles that we are going to launch this year, and we also plan to make it possible for visitors to try the games immediately. As a brand new challenge, we are working to establish a new presentation style for E3.

First, we decided not to host a large-scale presentation targeted at everyone in the international audience where we announce new information as we did in the past.

Instead, at the E3 show this year, we are planning to host a few smaller events that are specifically focused on our software lineup for the U.S. market. There will be one closed event for American distributors, and we will hold another closed hands-on experience event, for mainly the Western gaming media. Also, I did not speak at last year’s presentation, and I am not planning to speak at these events at the E3 show this year either. Apart from these exclusive events for visitors, we are continuing to investigate ways to deliver information about our games directly to our home audience around the time of E3. We will share more information about them once they have officially been decided.

During the E3 period, we will utilize our direct communication tools, such as Nintendo Direct, to deliver information to our Japanese audience, including those who are at this financial briefing, mainly focusing on the software that we are going to launch in Japan, and we will take the same approach outside Japan for the overseas fans as well.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130425/04.html

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Man, I just posted that a second ago in the roster thread, but then again it's probably better to talk about here anyways.

Anyway it definitely sounds like Nintendo Directs have nearly made E3 obsolete. It's also good to see them concentrating on the games this year (which they still should have done last year, but that's beside the point). Hopefully they're serious this time, I wanna see them pull what they did back in 2010. The smaller event stuff is what has me the most curious.

Also nice to see Iwata taking a break from speeches, E3 should be all Reggie & Non-Specific Action Figure, and maybe Miyamoto if he feels like it. The internet needs some new memes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom