• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I still want a Fire/Dragon MegaCharizard.

And while we're at it, lets get a MegaGyarados too, it's about damn time those two go their much deserved and necessary Dragon Status, and with the new Fairy type as a new Dragon weakness, that can totally happen.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Moving on, Mewtwo could have its Forme change be similar to Zelda/Sheik instead. It'd make it more worth it than just a Final Smash. Especially now that Lucario has one.

D

Deleted member

Next Pokémon game: Fusion Pokémon.
I've been suggesting that idea since I was 13. I'd love for that to happen.

Even more if we get Fusion Types.

Like Water+Fire=Steam, Fire+Fire=like Nuclear or some****.

Obviously you can't do it for ALL types, an obv not all Pokemon should be able to fuse, just a few here and there. Especially lots of those low tier ones.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Seriously though, Lucario's badass level was already high enough. But this? This blows old Lcuario out of the ****ing water.
I can imagine him transforming into the new form and using a more powerful version of his Final Smash. Yep, badass.

Absol Mega Form exited me, but looks a bit too emo for my liking.
Well, he's a Dark-type who warns humans about incoming disasters only to receive the blame for such thing. I think it fits him. :laugh:
Although, I agree that the emo hair is a little exaggerated, but there's no use complaining.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Seriously though, Lucario's badass level was already high enough. But this? This blows old Lcuario out of the ****ing water.
[collapse="Lucario essentially went from this..."]
[/collapse]

[collapse="...To this..."]
[/collapse]

BTW, Lucario's crappy Final Smash needs to be replaced by this. Mega Lucario FOR THE WINNNN!!!!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm trying to imagine how either Mewtwo or Lucario would function if they had the Mega Form in Smash.
I think it would be cool if they had a similar mechanic to Wario Waft where they will gradually gather energy over time, and then when they begin blink white when they are able to activate their for by pressing Down + B and enter their Mega Form.
They will do crazy damage, but the they will also take damage harder as well in this form (Just to try and balance out the ability). They will eventually revert back when set timer in form runs out.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The Mega Forms in Smash would just be Smash Ball attacks, not some gauge.

This is real official Super Smash Bros. games we are talking about, not Super Smash Bros. Flash! :laugh:
Next Pokémon game: Fusion Pokémon.
With like 750 Pokémon now, if you could fuse any two Pokémon with each other, including another one of its' own, that would mean there are 562,500 potential fusion possibilities.

Yeah, that's pretty nuts. Let's stop it there. Even if every Pokémon had 2 fusions, that's 1,500 Pokémon fusions, which is way too many to keep track of! :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Lucario and Mewtwo should be allowed to transform in Smash, but they should be half-transformations, so they can combo and flow better.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lucario and Mewtwo should be allowed to transform in Smash, but they should be half-transformations, so they can combo and flow better.
I remember during some attacks many characters can temporarily transform. This is typical in Darkstalkers, but also Fulgore temporarily shifts into the opposing characters during his combos in Killer Instinct.

Perhaps we could see the same idea, albeit transforming into their Megaformes.

Also, keep in mind that a Meter for these only would be fine, since it's specific to some Pokemon and not a giant change to everything. A full meter for every character is lame. A separate concept for very specific characters is kind of cool.

D

Deleted member

So over on /vp/ people are saying the new Mega Forms are like FF Limit Breaks. Please let this be true!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, in the span of about 5 months, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Jigglypuff all went from irrelevant to relevant again. I argued that Lucario was pretty much as good as gone but now I think this all but saves him while at the same time I think this pretty much pounds PT's chances into the dirt (even with the inevitable mega charizard).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
With like 750 Pokémon now, if you could fuse any two Pokémon with each other, including another one of its' own, that would mean there are 562,500 potential fusion possibilities.

Yeah, that's pretty nuts. Let's stop it there. Even if every Pokémon had 2 fusions, that's 1,500 Pokémon fusions, which is way too many to keep track of! :laugh:
Nah, they could only allow some to fuse.

Pikachu+Drifloon=Flying Pikachu
Beedrill+Vespiquen=Knight Bee Thing
Jynx+Mr. Mime=Poison
So, in the span of about 5 months, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Jigglypuff all went from irrelevant to relevant again. I argued that Lucario was pretty much as good as gone but now I think this all but saves him while at the same time I think this pretty much pounds PT's chances into the dirt (even with the inevitable mega charizard).
Only
see Charizard coming back right now.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That's what I had in mind. Something that makes them more of a threat on the stage while in that form.
I remember during some attacks many characters can temporarily transform. This is typical in Darkstalkers, but also Fulgore temporarily shifts into the opposing characters during his combos in Killer Instinct.

Perhaps we could see the same idea, albeit transforming into their Megaformes.

Also, keep in mind that a Meter for these only would be fine, since it's specific to some Pokemon and not a giant change to everything. A full meter for every character is lame. A separate concept for very specific characters is kind of cool.
I don't think giving them a meter would be appropriate for a game like smash, I would prefer an approach similar to the way Wario slowly builds up energy for his Wario Waft over the course of battle.
The meter may work i guess if a small bar is placed near the characters percent.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DNA Pokevolve - Two pokemon fuse together to create one that is more powerful than either combined.

Armor Pokevolve - Special armor used to evolve the pokemon in a new form

Biomerge Pokevolve - The trainer and the pokemon merge into one being

Dark Pokevolve - When you force your pokemon to involve when it doesn't want to. Evil version of it's evolution

Doesn't slowbro combine with shellder? DNA Pokevolve already confirmed

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
How and when did Lucario and Jigglypiff become relevant again?

D

Deleted member

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Relevancy" is the dumbest argument known to man, unless you are talking about a/the main character in a game/series vs. a bunch of minor ones.

Besides, every previously playable Smash character is "relevant" in regards to smash. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool who ought to be blocked.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Can we please get back to the Topic?
-Besides, we need a break from Pokemon, it just brings us back to OT-land.

So, does anyone know if we'll get both Lucas and Ness back?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
while at the same time I think this pretty much pounds PT's chances into the dirt (even with the inevitable mega charizard).
How is Pokemon Trainer hurt by Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Mewtwo having something new going for them now?

Jigglypuff was always the safest one, and anyone with a brain knows Mewtwo is coming back. Lucario's only problem is time constraints. I would say the only two Nintendo Brawl veterans with anything to worry about aside from time constraints are Ike and Toon Link.

At worst, I could simply see Sakurai giving the Pokemon Trainer different Pokemon. We are definitely going to have some sort of Trainer in Smash 4, and more likely than not Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard will be back for Smash 4.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My word at the idiocy and pessimism going on in this thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/45-or-54-thats-how-many-characters-we-are-getting.339508/

Is GameFAQs invading SmashBoards now?

I wonder if my Smash 4 Character Analysis topic has set anyone straight.
Just like 2006 through 2007.

Honestly, it's not surprising in the slightest.
This. This has always been the case. Heck, I came from GameFAQs like you two did. However, I still think Smash Boards needs a GameFAQs immigration policy to block the morons. I mean, we all could have saved precious minutes if morons like scythe, Noah, and that new racist dude were blocked from immigrating! :shades:

D

Deleted member

Can we please get back to the Topic?
-Besides, we need a break from Pokemon, it just brings us back to OT-land.

So, does anyone know if we'll get both Lucas and Ness back?
No one can "know" anything unless they are on Sakurai's dev team.

I don't THINK Lucas will come back, but then again, what do I know...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oh.. Hypercat, he told me that theory of his ages ago.

I think it was a neat little theory for what it was worth. He gets an E for effort. At least he's trying.
I was not talking about Hypercat, I was talking about the GameFAQs level mentality going on in many of the posts in that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom