• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Apologies if this has already been said, but if these count as evolutions, does this mean we now have four-stage evolution lines (with Blaziken and Ampharos - who just put on a wig and is suddenly now a dragon :p)?
Wanna-bes... (JK). I guess so, perhaps an item or area in the game is required to evolve our beloved Pokemon into... those... things.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Apologies if this has already been said, but if these count as evolutions, does this mean we now have four-stage evolution lines (with Blaziken and Ampharos - who just put on a wig and is suddenly now a dragon :p)?

It's confirmed they will use a "Mega stone" to become their Mega-form, I think its an evolution

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's more or less similar to the Burst Mode of Digimon Savers. It's not a bad thing either, as it allows Mewtwo to be even cooler without a direct evolution.

Also, it gives new life to old 3rd Stage Pokemon as well. Again, without a regular Evolution.

Anyway, my prediction list for who'll get in for Pokemon does add Lucario back along with Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo. Pokemon Trainer may or may not come back, depending the 3DS thing and if they get the Ice Climbers working or not. He also could just show up, throw the Pokeball, and disappear during the match, with only his voice showing up, perhaps by having a portrait show up similar to the whole Mortal Kombat joke with the guy yelling "Frosty!"?

@Salty: I don't think it'll matter. The Pokemon Trainer himself just represents being a basic Trainer, no specific Generation. He was never Red in the first place, so they could easily change his appearance while leaving the Pokemon intact and it would change nothing in the end.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I see. Well I don't really care about any of the others evolving, but giving a starter an evolution outside their gen seems a little... unnatural. Oh well, at least MegaBlaziken looks cool, if not like a Digimon. :laugh:

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
Not to be rude, but may we get back on topic? We're leaving smash and getting onto Pokemon.

But to answer your question, yes and no. Either you spent hours trying to get the BEST Pokemon, or you didn't. Now-a-days, all you need is an action replay, and time. Level: 1, Select Pokemon, launch the game, search for the Pokemon you want for a couple of hours, find one with good IV's and nature combo, train it, give it moves/an item. Done. Sadly, with the addition of the Action Replay, I stopped playing Pokemon competitively, since now my local competitors now had easy access to the Pokemon they needed. Abilities, Natures, EV's/IV's just became more hurdles to jump through if you wanted to enjoy the game and have a powerful team.
I won't get into a big argument here and just say It is a lot of hurdles to get into competitive pokemon. I usually play the sims. Incidentally you can hack pokemon onto your game without an action replay (abusing the gts and creating the pokemon on your pc). People do it that way more commonly then use the action replay. Anyways they are creating a battle facility to make ev training and such easier in 6th gen (it's in the serebii post).

Back to smash though no one said anything about Blaziken's chances. Aslo Lucario's a lock imo and I believe Jiggly is gone. Will Lucario get his new form?

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
I won't get into a big argument here and just say It is a lot of hurdles to get into competitive pokemon. I usually play the sims. Incidentally you can hack pokemon onto your game without an action replay (abusing the gts and creating the pokemon on your pc). People do it that way more commonly then use the action replay. Anyways they are creating a battle facility to make ev training and such easier in 6th gen (it's in the serebii post).

Back to smash though no one said anything about Blaziken's chances. Aslo Lucario's a lock imo and I believe Jiggly is gone. Will Lucario get his new form?
Maybe they could replace the PKM trainer with the one from Gen III, with his "Charizard" being Blaziken.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
They are really going all out for Pokemon X and Y. I'm so excited! :D

And yay for Mawile and Absol getting evolutions. (Also, yay for Mawile now being a steel/fairy type!)

Hope this is good news for Lucario for smash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Blaziken probably has slightly better chances but likely won't be prioritized over Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, or Lucario. As for the latter two, Jiggs probably won't be cut, as she probably will get some new Fairy moves, and Lucario... yeah he's pretty likely to stay now as well, and I can't see Sakurai not at least attempting to include MegaLucario somehow.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Why? Jigglypuff got the Fairy type. It's currently relevant again.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I don't see Jigglypuff getting cut. She's been here since the start and she's one of the new Fairy types. Blaziken, I don't know. He's not very iconic like Lucario, Mewtwo, Pikachu and Jigglypuff were. Probably might see himin his new form as an Assist Trophy or Pokeball Pokemon though.

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
Why? Jigglypuff got the Fairy type. It's currently relevant again.
Totally disagree with fairy making jigglypuff relevant again. It's a topic that's been beaten to death so let's not make a big arguement about it. Dont respond to this but did Magnemite's steel typing in second gen make him more relevant? Or what about Marill who is also fairy, is he more relevant?

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
Blaziken probably has slightly better chances but likely won't be prioritized over Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, or Lucario. As for the latter two, Jiggs probably won't be cut, as she probably will get some new Fairy moves, and Lucario... yeah he's pretty likely to stay now as well, and I can't see Sakurai not at least attempting to include MegaLucario somehow.
Yeah I didn't say Blaziken over Mewtwo, but with Mewtwo. As for Jigglypuff see my earlier post (and please lets not make a big arguement about it, I know people here are sensitive about there Jiggly :p)

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Totally disagree with fairy making jigglypuff relevant again. It's a topic that's been beaten to death so let's not make a big arguement about it. Dont respond to this but did Magnemite's steel typing in second gen make him more relevant? Or what about Marill who is also fairy, is he more relevant?
Marill was never playable, Jiggly has been since the first game. With this fact in mind, Jiggly has a greater chance than any other "fairy" type coming with the new pokemon games. Nintendo would want to put a "fairy-type rep", specifically because Jiggly looks like a fairy, more so than Marill.

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
I don't see Jigglypuff getting cut. She's been here since the start and she's one of the new Fairy types. Blaziken, I don't know. He's not very iconic like Lucario, Mewtwo, Pikachu and Jigglypuff were. Probably might see himin his new form as an Assist Trophy or Pokeball Pokemon though.
I agree I was just wondering. I still doubt he will be added but he's more realistic than he was before

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm pretty sure Magnemite was more relevant, because most people were interested that it suddenly had a new type.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

You are on a forum. What do you expect to happen? And people are pretty much going to respond. That trick doesn't work here...or anywhere for that matter.

And by the way, yes. However, magnetite has nothing going for it for smash, and Marill...could work, but I don't think Sakurai would add Marill.

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
Marill was never playable, Jiggly has been since the first game. With this fact in mind, Jiggly has a greater chance than any other "fairy" type coming with the new pokemon games. Nintendo would want to put a "fairy-type rep", specifically because Jiggly looks like a fairy, more so than Marill.
First I don't know how Jiggly looks like a fairy. She's a balloon and is classified as "the balloon pokemon". There is no guarantee that they will rep fairy type. They didnt rep steel or dark in melee. Also Sukarai said how he chooses Pokemon characters is by their relevance in the anime/movies, which even marill has (I was told she is a reoccurring joke like Jiggly used to be). As for a fairy rep (if they do have to do one), lets not forget Sylveon, who is really popular right now. Original 12 status isn't untouchable as people keep making it out to be. She was low priority in Brawl and she'll be low priority again, which mean she has a chance to be cut.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
You are on a forum. What do you expect to happen? And people are pretty much going to respond. That trick doesn't work here...or anywhere for that matter.

And by the way, yes. However, magnetite has nothing going for it for smash, and Marill...could work, but I don't think Sakurai would add Marill.
I agree, why add Maril when when we already have Jiggly?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well I'm going to respond to this anyway, yes, new typing usually does make whatever Pokemon in question more relevant again, but the thing is that Pokemon like Magnemite and Marill (to our knowledge) have never been considered for Smash, unlike Jigglypuff, so later developments for those two really wouldn't affect their chances for Smash in the least, as their chances at this point are nearly non-existent, but when a veteran who was on the chopping block last time (but made it in) gets a new development, it does help their chances for the future, especially since one of the main things likely deterring Jiggs from getting more priority last time was dwindling popularity and impact within the series, which is now rectified. So yes, this does make Jigglypuff more relevant again, which in turns helps for Smash.

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185

I didn't want to make a big arguement. Marill has no chance nor am i suggesting marill be added. I just dislike the mentality that jiggly is guranteed to stay when she clearly isn't. Of s\course she has a chance to stay, I just find it very unlikely at this point in time

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
First I don't know how Jiggly looks like a fairy. She's a balloon and is classified as "the balloon pokemon". There is no guarantee that they will rep fairy type. They didnt rep steel or dark in melee. Also Sukarai said how he chooses Pokemon characters is by their relevance in the anime/movies, which even marill has (I was told she is a reoccurring joke like Jiggly used to be). As for a fairy rep (if they do have to do one), lets not forget Sylveon, who is really popular right now. Original 12 status isn't untouchable as people keep making it out to be. She was low priority in Brawl and she'll be low priority again, which mean she has a chance to be cut.
You can't be serious... Jiggly is small, pink, flies around, and makes high-pitched noises. Know what a Fairy is? It's a small humanoid classified for being small, wearing pink clothes, flies around, and makes high pitched noises. Didn't rep steel? Lucario is part Steel type! Lucario basically had his own movie too! Back to the fairy thing, there are two reasons Jiggly has priority over "Sylveon". 1. Jiggly has a Smash-fan base and people know how to use her, 2. Jiggly already appears in the series; why spend a long time trying to think of a move-pool, and animations for Sylveon when Jiggly is already existent. You can't be serious.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Right now, the most relevant ones just happen to be past Veterans already planned and were not directly cut. Pikachu is obviously back.

Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Mewtwo are all heavily relevant now thanks to new typings and Megaformes. That's just how it is and how it's going to stay. And you're wrong if you think this doesn't make them relevant again.

Also, the only one in question of returning is Pokemon Trainer, but I brought up the Portrait idea the removes the Model problem. He'd barely show up.

It doesn't solve the Ice Climbers issue, though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I didn't want to make a big arguement. Marill has no chance nor am i suggesting marill be added. I just dislike the mentality that jiggly is guranteed to stay when she clearly isn't. Of s\course she has a chance to stay, I just find it very unlikely at this point in time
You are of course assuming once a character becomes low-priority they will stay that way for the future of Smash development, which is ofc untrue, especially when that character is granted a boon to their chances, like Jigglypuff has now been. And to be clear, Jigglypuff isn't going to be included because she's a fairy type. She's likely going to be included because she's a mainstay in Smash who has now probably been given extra points in her favour by Fairy-type. You're right, characters aren't included based on type alone.

Obviously characters such as Falco and Ganondorf were lower priority for Melee than Mewtwo, yet they both made it back over him, as they were prioritized differently in Brawl.

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
Well I'm going to respond to this anyway, yes, new typing usually does make whatever Pokemon in question more relevant again, but the thing is that Pokemon like Magnemite and Marill (to our knowledge) have never been considered for Smash, unlike Jigglypuff, so later developments for those two really wouldn't affect their chances for Smash in the least, as their chances at this point are nearly non-existent, but when a veteran who was on the chopping block last time (but made it in) gets a new development, it does help their chances for the future, especially since one of the main things likely deterring Jiggs from getting more priority last time was dwindling popularity and impact within the series, which is now rectified. So yes, this does make Jigglypuff more relevant again, which in turns helps for Smash.
The arguement is magnemite or marill getting into smash, the point is to discredit Jiggly's supposed "relevance". That's all. I don't agree with Jiggly's typing making her more relevant and I really think it's a difference in opinion. She hasnt been shown in anything other then paired with 3 other pokemon as examples of old pokemon getting new typing. Sakurai says he chooses pokemon based on the anime/movies, and Jigglypuff is not in them.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, magnemite was made more relevant in Gen 2 because it was the very first pokemon to have its type change between generations. Also, 20 bucks and a pound of bacon that Mega-Raichu is going to become a thing.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, you are on a forum now. You kinda have to learn to accept that some people are going to be somewhat aggressive with their arguments. You can't just tell people they shouldn't.

But, Jigglypuff is, while not 100% guaranteed, has a high likelihood of staying because she is part of the original 12, and her new fairy types just adds to that high possibility of staying.

Btw, why do you find it unlikely?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The arguement is magnemite or marill getting into smash, the point is to discredit Jiggly's supposed "relevance". That's all. I don't agree with Jiggly's typing making her more relevant and I really think it's a difference in opinion. She hasnt been shown in anything other then paired with 3 other pokemon as examples of old pokemon getting new typing. Sakurai says he chooses pokemon based on the anime/movies, and Jigglypuff is not in them.
Jigglypuff was apparently higher priority than Mewtwo, otherwise Jiggly would've been dropped in Brawl.

Sakurai is also trying to cut as few characters as possible in order to please fanbases of characters in Brawl.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I FINALLY figured out the name of the fighter that Misaka from Attack on Titan might appear in.
Xuan Dou Zhi Wang
I saw that a kung fu fighting panda is in the game. I need to try this game out badly. Someone actually did it.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Right now, the most relevant ones just happen to be past Veterans already planned and were not directly cut. Pikachu is obviously back.

Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Mewtwo are all heavily relevant now thanks to new typings and Megaformes. That's just how it is and how it's going to stay. And you're wrong if you think this doesn't make them relevant again.

Also, the only one in question of returning is Pokemon Trainer, but I brought up the Portrait idea the removes the Model problem. He'd barely show up.

It doesn't solve the Ice Climbers issue, though.
All we can do at this point is have our fingers crossed for the Ice Climbers.

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
You are of course assuming once a character becomes low-priority they will stay that way for the future of Smash development, which is ofc untrue, especially when that character is granted a boon to their chances, like Jigglypuff has now been. And to be clear, Jigglypuff isn't going to be included because she's a fairy type. She's likely going to be included because she's a mainstay in Smash who has now probably been given extra points in her favour by Fairy-type. You're right, characters aren't included based on type alone.

Obviously characters such as Falco and Ganondorf were lower priority for Melee than Mewtwo, yet they both made it back over him, as they were prioritized differently in Brawl.
It's just a fundamental disagreement between the two of us. You think original 12 status gurantees her stay, I do not. I don't believe the fairy typing makes her more relevant, you do. As for the falco ganondorf thing, that's just because sakurai had a ton of extra development time so he added clones in melee. Falco and Ganon at the time of brawl were more important to their respective franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom