• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
@ greenluigi
There is a chance that the last gif is actually just a typical animation for when characters aren't moving.
I've been compiling the Wii Fit Trainer's moves and animations on the Wii Fit Trainers sub-forum, here is everything we were able to piece together:
Moveset
Half Moon - Side Step

Gate - Dash

Tree - Up Smash
Warrior - Forward Smash
Sun Bird - Down Smash

Jack Knife - Up + Air
Single-Leg Extension - Neutral + Air
??? - Forward + Air
Cobra - Back + Air
Mountain - Down + Air
Deep Breathing - Neutral Special
Hula Hoop - Up Special
Tether Ball - Forward Special
Sun Salutation - Down Special

Plank - Crouch

Triangle - Up Tilt
Bridge - Down Tilt
Dance - Forward Tilt

Wii Fit - Final Smash
Other Animations

SoldierSunday

Smash Apprentice
I would love it for taunts to have effects, like 1 of marios taunts turns into metal mario or something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I doubt they'll make her standalone, since being a combo character is what made her unique. It's different from Samus and Zero Suit Samus since they're clearly made to work best as separate characters. Zelda/Shiek are designed for the sole purpose of being together as one. Note, it does different from Pokemon Trainer as each also stands alone rather well naturally. But you are supposed to switch. The key difference is that Zelda and Sheik are technically the same person.(technically, because you could get their trophies at the same time in Melee going through once, but not in Brawl. So it's awkward now. Keep in mind at one time Mario and Metal Mario were different people back in 64, but the same person in Melee/Brawl.)

Also, Metal Mario and Mario are even treated as different people in Mario Kart 7. So... it's hard to say. Either way, Zelda/Sheik is very unique in their playstyle that nobody else brings to the table in the same way. That, and were introduced to be exact that unique style. I'm not saying Sheik is impossible to cut, but I don't see a reason to anymore. If Link went with his SS appearance, maybe, but he kept his TP appearance while noting his other incarnations. I'd expect Zelda(and probably Sheik) to do the same.

And yes, I think Impa could make a neat standalone character. I just don't think she's too likely in this game. On the other hand, maybe there's 6 full slots where Tingle is the 3DS character(starts there, transferrable to the Wii U) and Impa's the other one on the Wii U? I'd like that. They both make sense best there, since Tingle actually has his own Handheld games, while Impa's main appearances were towards the Console, at least, where she's fully important. Likewise, most of her appearances(in or supplement) are on Consoles too.

Of course, this depends if a game starts with a character the other doesn't have. His words were vague enough to mean that the final rosters are equal, but the specific game rosters could be different. If you're wondering, I do think the rosters shouldn't require the other to play.(although I'm okay with the story mode letting you upgrade chars for the Wii U version)

I respect your opinion, and of coarse, it has it's point. I think the majority of people would agree with you. I just don't agree with it on a balance standpoint, and character importance / relevance. But I think people are getting sick and tired of me explaining why I think Zelda / Sheik is inbalanced, or why Impa is more deserving than Sheik. However, that doesn't mean I still don't hold these opinions, and other's don't share them with me.

Tingle as a character, I'll never like the idea. And am not seeing it happen yet. Sure, he made some fame with his own games. And I guess he does have his moveset potential. I just think he's got too much of a hatebase to put him in there. If he would make it in, I would've expected him in Brawl. Though, that'd give Zelda 6 characters, and Mario just 4. Whereas in Melee it was 5 for both series. Can't see that happen yet to any series except for Pokémon.

Hence why I think Impa is a better idea, as a way to 'scrap' Sheik. It would still be the same amount of Zelda characters in the end. But oh well, as said before I wouldn't even care what way Impa would get in anymore. I still think her getting in at the expense of Sheik, with a well written, unique moveset, borrowing a few traiths from Sheik would be best. I hope they heavily revamp Zelda and Ganondorf (Link to) this time around at least. And that's where I think they should put their priorities for the series this time. A lot of change. Ganondorf's complete new playstyle, and Impa would be the series' 'newcomers' this time, at the expense of Captain Ganondorf and Sheik.

I've been compiling the Wii Fit Trainer's moves and animations on the Wii Fit Trainers sub-forum, here is everything we were able to piece together:

Am impressed with this all. Good job!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Always late, but here goes my top three Nintendo games:

1~Banjo-Tooie: Fuq M$, this was a Nintendo game and the best damned one on the N64. I miss Rare...
2~Majora's Mask: No other game has quite captured me in the 'feels' department, this one was just flowing with emotion.
3~Luigi's Mansion: Nothing quite like it, the sequel was great but I feel that the mission structure took away from what really made the first one special.

Honorable Mentions
4~Earthbound: One of the only RPGs I've ever enjoyed fully and completely, so quirky and atmospheric that I completely overlook the turn-based gameplay.
5~Pikmin 3: My first Pikmin game, but damn was it good! Another great unique game, it felt good playing something that was almost kind of a collectathon too.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought of the 4 taunt thing, but then you gotta realize how the Taunts are shown control-wise on the Wii Remote. 1, 2, and 1 + 2 button. ...Where'd the last one go? Especially if it's not the Wii Remote + Nunchuck Combo. So they'd have to get rid of a controller to do so. On the other hand, they could have up to 4 taunts, or possibly more, allowing you to customize which ones you want?

@Diddy Kong: I actually like Zelda/Sheik's gimmick, though. Balance-wise, I doubt it'll change, unless they remove PT and Ice Climbers completely, with Samus and Zero Suit Samus also being only doable via the Final Smash or from the Character Selection itself(no more Taunt trick) as well.

As for Zelda, she probably will never be extremely good anyway. Sheik may get weaker or be a bit stronger. She's very balanced in Brawl, being a pretty decent character. I'm okay with that, despite her being my first Main in Melee.(I was never great with her, but I always came second place) You can easily see who my main is now).

I can't view Impa as more important than Tingle regardless. Not when Sakurai makes it clear it's the opposite. If Impa honestly was mentioned in Melee/Brawl, I would think she'd have a chance at a standalone 5th slot. Unfortunately, Sakurai's been building Tingle up as a potential playable character instead. I think it could go either way, but I do view Tingle as respectively more likely. Also, Tingle would probably be his own series like Wario and Yoshi are anyway. Since he actually does star in his own games.(I could see him being a gimmicky money and balloon-based moveset. Although seeing Villager use the Balloon Fight recovery does make me wonder if Tingle could use that too, or if that legitimately hurts his chances. Then again, Tingle actually does star in a Balloon Fight-based game, and plus, Ganondorf had one of Falcon's moves, sooooooo... it could go either way)

Let's just say if Tingle is his own series, I could see both as the best choices to get in. For Mario, he still has 4 good potential characters. Toad, Waluigi, Bowser Jr.(with or without Shadow Mario), and Paper Mario. Paper Mario may or may not rep his own series, but Dr. Mario didn't, although half the reason he was his own character over others is that Sakurai thinks the Doc deserved his own moveset instead of being a costume with the other half that he had to make clone choices. IMO, I would've just done Wario as a Mario clone. Not that Dr. Mario wasn't :awesome:.

@Moon Monkey: Go pet some DK Fur. You know you want to. :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
A lot of characters in general seem to have more personality this time around, which is probably contributed to the varies screenshots having more zest.
Imagine how the unconfirmed newcomers (likely and unlikely alike) might look like in Smash with their personalities, expressions, and mannerisms!

Toad, Dixie Kong, Tingle, Meowth, Palutena, Little Mac, Takamaru, Duck Hunt Dog, Starfy, Shulk, Pac-Man, Simon Belmont, and many others.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Diddy Kong: I actually like Zelda/Sheik's gimmick, though. Balance-wise, I doubt it'll change, unless they remove PT and Ice Climbers completely, with Samus and Zero Suit Samus also being only doable via the Final Smash or from the Character Selection itself(no more Taunt trick) as well.

As for Zelda, she probably will never be extremely good anyway. Sheik may get weaker or be a bit stronger. She's very balanced in Brawl, being a pretty decent character. I'm okay with that, despite her being my first Main in Melee.(I was never great with her, but I always came second place) You can easily see who my main is now).

I can't view Impa as more important than Tingle regardless. Not when Sakurai makes it clear it's the opposite. If Impa honestly was mentioned in Melee/Brawl, I would think she'd have a chance at a standalone 5th slot. Unfortunately, Sakurai's been building Tingle up as a potential playable character instead. I think it could go either way, but I do view Tingle as respectively more likely. Also, Tingle would probably be his own series like Wario and Yoshi are anyway. Since he actually does star in his own games.(I could see him being a gimmicky money and balloon-based moveset. Although seeing Villager use the Balloon Fight recovery does make me wonder if Tingle could use that too, or if that legitimately hurts his chances. Then again, Tingle actually does star in a Balloon Fight-based game, and plus, Ganondorf had one of Falcon's moves, sooooooo... it could go either way)

Let's just say if Tingle is his own series, I could see both as the best choices to get in. For Mario, he still has 4 good potential characters. Toad, Waluigi, Bowser Jr.(with or without Shadow Mario), and Paper Mario. Paper Mario may or may not rep his own series, but Dr. Mario didn't, although half the reason he was his own character over others is that Sakurai thinks the Doc deserved his own moveset instead of being a costume with the other half that he had to make clone choices. IMO, I would've just done Wario as a Mario clone. Not that Dr. Mario wasn't :awesome:.

I liked the Zelda / Sheik gimmick a lot to. In Melee. Where it made a lot of sence to me. But then I learned how badly balanced Zelda was. Not that I was good with either at that point (nowadays, I'm a pretty decent Sheik, but that's mostly cause I watched so many Melee top players play, and found out Sheik fitted me more than Fox / Falco / Marth). And I don't really see how they should also remove the Pokémon Trainer, Ice Climbers or Zero Suit Samus if they'd cut Sheik. Those characters also have problems (quite a lot of them even), sure. But for a whole different bunch of reasons than Zelda / Sheik altogheter.

And Tingle might be more well known than Impa perhaps, and has had actual roles in Smash before as a stage obstacle of sorts in Melee, and an Assist Trophy in Brawl. But I think I explained it before already how that goes. Impa didn't had a trophy nor sticker in Melee or Brawl, but I don't think she'd be overlooked at all. Brawl's Zelda trophies where all from Twilight Princess and Wind Waker mostly (model rips and all), and in Melee, it was mostly Majora's Mask for whatever reason. It's perhaps notable that none of the other Sages from Ocarina of Time got a trophy either. And of coarse the fact that Impa had quite drastic different looks from Ocarina of Time to the Oracle games. Plus, her Skyward Sword appearance really made the character.

I do think however Tingle is a LOT less likely cause of the Villager's Up B being from Balloon Flight. Unless Tingle would somehow fit as a Villager (semi)clone, I can't see it happening yet. Especially since Tingle's biggest 'charm' indeed would be in his balloon-based moves. Or at least, being the actual spiritual replacement for the ever-left-out actual Balloon-Fighter. And I don't really see him being his own series. Much like as you said yourself, Dr.Mario was listed with Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser. He was probably listed as a Zelda character on the Brawl Dojo to when he got confirmed as an Assist Trophy.

Impa has the advantage of a new, strong, revival role in the series. And being similar to Sheik in a way. That should give them enough to write a moveset for her. Even though there's little demand for a Zelda character, she's still mentoined quite a lot in the Smash fanbase. The idea just gets opposed too much by people who are looking forward to see all previous characters back. And somehow, the idea to say, replace Lucario, Ike, or heck even Falco is far more widely accepted than Sheik. Is that cause the Zoroark, 'Newtwo', Chrom and Krystal fanbases are bigger in general than Impa's? Or that Zelda / Sheik's 'unique factor' warrants their stay?

It has already been stated that Sakurai will most likely not be able to bring all previous characters back. So I'm not seeing why people are more open minded on who is staying and who should go. Especially since game balance is apperantly a major focus this time around. And for that to happen, I need to see a lot of changes. Luckily, with Bowser getting such a huge moveset revamp, it's not hard to see changes for characters who also suffered for their lack of competitive prowress in the last couple of games. Aside from Bowser, the biggest examples I think of are: Yoshi, Ness and Zelda. All have constistantly been low tier, or far worse. Ice Climbers also stand out, cause their chaingrabs always made them end up in the northern hemisphere of the tier lists. Sure, Samus, C.Falcon and Jigglypuff are also bad in Brawl, but at least they where very good in Melee (or at least, balanced in Smash 64). This is what separates them from the others.

Anyway, if Sakurai wants to add a recent character from the Zelda series, I think the biggest bets are for Impa to become playable. Then again, with this game looking so much like Brawl, it's releatively easy to bring Sheik back in the game. However, it's equally easy to remove Sheik, give Impa a few of Sheik's moves, and make her a separate character. A 'lazy man's newcomer' so to say. Can't quite make up my mind, but if he's gonna change movesets around anyway.... Ah well, can't expect anyone to simply agree with me on this, but at least I hope to broaden up some basic understanding.

Also, I was heavily dissapointed Zelda was so little changed from Melee to Brawl. I had hoped she used a light sphere instead of Din's Fire, use her rapier from Twilight Princess, and her Light Arrows as a regular special. Also that Triforce light magic spell she did in Twilight Princess. Felt she really established her own abilities in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, and didn't had to rely on Link's spells from Ocarina of Time, and Sheik. So, yeah, I wanted Sheik gone already since Pre-Brawl.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Ok guys,what if customizing the "attack's directionality" was much simplier than what we thought?
What do we refer to each individual,say,Specials?

Neutral Special
Side Special
Up Special
Down Special

What if customisation was that,if I wanted to,Mario's Fireballs were his Side Special?

See what I mean?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm glad they made Link shorter, actually. He's never been that tall in his games, and this could potentially "eliminate" Link as a heavyweight, which was sorely needed.

Also, that side camera angle definitely makes Luigi look taller and wider than he actually is.
I guess they cut adult Link and replaced Toon Link with child-sized adult Link. :troll:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I doubt they'll make her standalone, since being a combo character is what made her unique. It's different from Samus and Zero Suit Samus since they're clearly made to work best as separate characters. Zelda/Shiek are designed for the sole purpose of being together as one. Note, it does different from Pokemon Trainer as each also stands alone rather well naturally. But you are supposed to switch. The key difference is that Zelda and Sheik are technically the same person.(technically, because you could get their trophies at the same time in Melee going through once, but not in Brawl. So it's awkward now. Keep in mind at one time Mario and Metal Mario were different people back in 64, but the same person in Melee/Brawl.)
If Samus and Zamus are better off separate, then why are they in the same slot and transition to each other with their final smashes? Don't give me that, "Oh, but they're the same character." schtick. Lots of games have it where the alternate character is an independent character. Devil Jin, Evil Ryu, Oni, NESTS Kyo, Order Sol, etc. The same goes for Pokemon Trainer. All they need is a new Down B and they're ready to go.

Zelda/Sheik is a poorly executed concept. As a transforming character, you need to be able to use them in the middle of combos to complement each other. There needs to be a sense of flow from going from one to another. They do not accomplish this. To top it all off, they are designed to be where Sheik racks of damage and Zelda does the K.O.'s. Doesn't that sound completely unfair to you? Sheik can function fine on her own, but Zelda just absolutely sucks.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I liked the Zelda / Sheik gimmick a lot to. In Melee. Where it made a lot of sence to me. But then I learned how badly balanced Zelda was. Not that I was good with either at that point (nowadays, I'm a pretty decent Sheik, but that's mostly cause I watched so many Melee top players play, and found out Sheik fitted me more than Fox / Falco / Marth). And I don't really see how they should also remove the Pokémon Trainer, Ice Climbers or Zero Suit Samus if they'd cut Sheik. Those characters also have problems (quite a lot of them even), sure. But for a whole different bunch of reasons than Zelda / Sheik altogether.
To put it another way, there's just as much reason to cut those as there is Sheik. Ice Climbers are no longer relevant, their gimmick is not a good thing anymore or causing Sakurai trouble. Same with Pokemon Trainer. Zero Suit Samus clearly is better than Samus, so cutting her means Samus won't entirely suck. Basically, the reasons amount to the same crap right now. None worth noting. However, the extra models onscreen are specific to Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer and they could actually get cut because of that.

And Tingle might be more well known than Impa perhaps, and has had actual roles in Smash before as a stage obstacle of sorts in Melee, and an Assist Trophy in Brawl. But I think I explained it before already how that goes. Impa didn't had a trophy nor sticker in Melee or Brawl, but I don't think she'd be overlooked at all. Brawl's Zelda trophies where all from Twilight Princess and Wind Waker mostly (model rips and all), and in Melee, it was mostly Majora's Mask for whatever reason. It's perhaps notable that none of the other Sages from Ocarina of Time got a trophy either. And of coarse the fact that Impa had quite drastic different looks from Ocarina of Time to the Oracle games. Plus, her Skyward Sword appearance really made the character.
I can understand in Brawl her not having an appearance since there was no relevant image to go off of. But Ocarina of Time was also well repped with Trophies/Songs in Melee so I don't buy that. Sakurai just didn't know of her, and as of right now, he probably doesn't care enough to make her playable. Also, he clearly fully knows of Tingle, and does view him currently as more important(this is obviously a fact at this time, although that could change).

I do think however Tingle is a LOT less likely cause of the Villager's Up B being from Balloon Flight. Unless Tingle would somehow fit as a Villager (semi)clone, I can't see it happening yet. Especially since Tingle's biggest 'charm' indeed would be in his balloon-based moves. Or at least, being the actual spiritual replacement for the ever-left-out actual Balloon-Fighter. And I don't really see him being his own series. Much like as you said yourself, Dr.Mario was listed with Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser. He was probably listed as a Zelda character on the Brawl Dojo to when he got confirmed as an Assist Trophy.
To be fair, Dr. Mario also got in due to the music being wanted. But the thing is, maybe he didn't want to give him his own symbol? Who knows? The Dr. Mario series wasn't nearly as notable as the Wario and Yoshi series, being that it was (at one time for sure, now it's questionable with Miyamoto's statements) just another Mario anyway, so a different series symbol wouldn't be worth it.

Impa has the advantage of a new, strong, revival role in the series. And being similar to Sheik in a way. That should give them enough to write a moveset for her. Even though there's little demand for a Zelda character, she's still mentoined quite a lot in the Smash fanbase. The idea just gets opposed too much by people who are looking forward to see all previous characters back. And somehow, the idea to say, replace Lucario, Ike, or heck even Falco is far more widely accepted than Sheik. Is that cause the Zoroark, 'Newtwo', Chrom and Krystal fanbases are bigger in general than Impa's? Or that Zelda / Sheik's 'unique factor' warrants their stay?
She can be mentioned often in the Smash fanbase. But she hasn't been mentioned at all by Sakurai, which is the most important. I think the reason all of those are more acceptable cuts is because, well, Sheik is key to actually playing Zelda at her fullest. She's still part of Zelda in Smash. Ike is a standalone character, and many thought he replaced Roy, so him going away doesn't bother them as much. Same with Lucario and Mewtwo. Falco is more acceptable to leave out because Wolf is a villain, plain and simple. Likewise, he's still heavily a clone, while Wolf is barely similar to Fox at all(he has two similar B moves, and that's quite literally it. Maybe the throws as well), so it makes sense to remove the clone for someone unique. I'd actually prefer to keep in all of those mentioned, to note.

It has already been stated that Sakurai will most likely not be able to bring all previous characters back. So I'm not seeing why people are more open minded on who is staying and who should go. Especially since game balance is apperantly a major focus this time around. And for that to happen, I need to see a lot of changes. Luckily, with Bowser getting such a huge moveset revamp, it's not hard to see changes for characters who also suffered for their lack of competitive prowress in the last couple of games. Aside from Bowser, the biggest examples I think of are: Yoshi, Ness and Zelda. All have constistantly been low tier, or far worse. Ice Climbers also stand out, cause their chaingrabs always made them end up in the northern hemisphere of the tier lists. Sure, Samus, C.Falcon and Jigglypuff are also bad in Brawl, but at least they where very good in Melee (or at least, balanced in Smash 64). This is what separates them from the others.
I doubt he would remove Sheik since it was Nintendo that wanted Sheik and Zelda in during Brawl, not him. In Melee, we don't know the score, but Sheik had an entirely unique moveset made by Sakurai(save her Up B and Down B), while Zelda didn't have anything of her own for B moves, save Transform. Basically, when you gotta borrow more moves from Link, you can tell who he viewed as being more fun to create. But then again, it was easier to make a Ninja over a magical princess with no defined powers and one canon move.

Anyway, if Sakurai wants to add a recent character from the Zelda series, I think the biggest bets are for Impa to become playable. Then again, with this game looking so much like Brawl, it's releatively easy to bring Sheik back in the game. However, it's equally easy to remove Sheik, give Impa a few of Sheik's moves, and make her a separate character. A 'lazy man's newcomer' so to say. Can't quite make up my mind, but if he's gonna change movesets around anyway.... Ah well, can't expect anyone to simply agree with me on this, but at least I hope to broaden up some basic understanding.
He only cares about recency in Pokemon and that's it. He may care about it for character designs, but he never actually showed this for other series overall. I doubt he'll apply it to Zelda either. Also, it'd be dumb to replace Sheik instead of just making Impa her own unique character with perhaps some slight similarities to Sheik. Basically, like how Lucas was. He was partially similar to Ness, yes, but he was extremely unique as well. Or Wolf, if you will.

Also, I was heavily dissapointed Zelda was so little changed from Melee to Brawl. I had hoped she used a light sphere instead of Din's Fire, use her rapier from Twilight Princess, and her Light Arrows as a regular special. Also that Triforce light magic spell she did in Twilight Princess. Felt she really established her own abilities in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, and didn't had to rely on Link's spells from Ocarina of Time, and Sheik. So, yeah, I wanted Sheik gone already since Pre-Brawl.

Sakurai doesn't care about balance, he cares about making them fun, apparently. I guess he doesn't care about Zelda herself more than Sheik. This isn't too surprising, since only Toon Link and Sheik aren't horrid characters in Brawl. I guess he likes the non-main 3 better? Actually, correction, he clearly does. He did do the balance himself and knew Ganondorf was trash(this isn't hard to tell, since even with Items, he sucks). Link and Zelda are harder to say, but Link was definitely worse. Actually, so were all of them. Sheik dropped down in her status of good from Melee to Brawl, but she didn't suck whatsoever. Young Link and Toon Link are around the same level. Link was made pretty trashy. Zelda, I think she got worse? I haven't checked the Tier list.

Also, keep in mind again; Nintendo wanted Sheik and Zelda both in Brawl, not Sakurai. Even if they don't give new designs for Sheik, Sakurai still likes Sheik as is and probably will keep her in regardless. Impa does have a fair chance along with Tingle as new slots. I also doubt he cares about how many slots each series gets either. Whether it's based around amount of games, or whatever. F-Zero has less slots than Mother, despite how many games each has, and so on.

@KumaOso: No it doesn't sound unfair to me. Zelda does need to be better, but I believe they're better off as a combo character as that's what made them who they are and worth playing the most. They never were meant to be played separately, regardless. Also, way to miss my point anyway. Zero Suit and Samus are viable on their own only because you can't transition between them easily. Sheik is not very viable in Brawl and was made specifically to rely on Zelda to finish the job. I find that fine as a concept 100%. I don't see any legitimate issues with this as long as they can transform a bit faster. Yes, some work needs to be done, but separating them is not the answer. Likewise, Pokemon Trainer is fine just like that, but his possibility of staying is up in the air due to the 3DS limitations.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That's her crouch.
I also think the Single-leg extension could be her Nair,most Nairs attack on both sides.
I know her crouch puts her in a push-up/planking position. The only thing that is throwing me off is that she is going up and and down in a push-up position while still crouching.
You could argue that the person was just doing.
... to crate push-up effect. But Wii Fit Trainer never goes back to fully standing.

You maybe right about Single-leg extension being the
+ Air. Which now on leaves her
+
+ Air to be revealed.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The awesome thing about Smash is that fighters don't even need to have personalities taken from their source games, as Smash is non-canon. Sakurai can do whatever he wants, if he really feels the need to slap on a whole new persona to a character.

I really do hope he plays up on the FE fighters. Y'know, give them even more prominent personalities:

Marth: Arrogant, narcissistic pretty boy

Ike: Cold-hearted, merciless fighter

Roy: Hot-headed, yet child-like (not really immature, but in an innocent and oblivious sense)

Hurray for my headcanons that totally won't happen! and give people somewhat wrong impressions! Though, I still think I'd be awesome. I mean, for me the goody two shoes and idealistic personality for the Lords has gotten dry and is starting to become boring :/ Oh, and if Dr. Mario gets in, I'd totally love it if he's a hilarious fighter (think WFT) yet a very shady character :colorful: ...even though it's unlikely.

Honestly, seeing ROB and G&W's personality and roles in the SSE, I'm expecting the unexpected in terms of personas given to newcomers (and possibly vets). No one's safe when Sakurai is around... you need to watch your back in these battles. :eek: ;)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Speaking of Dr. Mario do you think there's a way that he could he return one day without being a clone of Mario?

I'm sure Sakurai could think of something he put his brain to it.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Speaking of Dr. Mario do you think there's a way that he could he return one day without being a clone of Mario?

Yeah, the announce they are going to finally make a brand new Dr. Mario game, then use mechanics from the games in his moveset. I could sit down and make an easy enough list if you'd like.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Mewtwo's awakened form is confirmed to be his Mega form. Mega form... Sounds so Digimon... Even more ammo for Lucario and Mewtwo to return.

Found this article on how Sega hopes Sonic can turn around things for the Wii U.
In a twisted turn of fate, SEGA says that it hopes Sonic will be able to help revive sales of Nintendo's flagging Wii U with the release of Sonic Lost World this October.Speaking in the latest issue of MCV, SEGA Europe president Jurgen Post explained that the console's slow start "is a concern. But I certainly hope Sonic can help"."The Lost World might just be our best Sonic game yet," he continued, "it is one of the games that can help them. I saw Nintendo's briefing at E3 and it has a very strong line-up of games for Wii U. I think it's helping people think that things might change."Post argued that Sonic was a "good fit" for Nintendo platforms, despite the rivalry between the two firms in the early 90s."Historically, Sonic games have always sold very well on Nintendo platforms, so it's a good fit," adds Post. "And Nintendo and SEGA have always worked together in a positive way – the first game Sonic debuted on after we stopped making hardware was a Nintendo platform."
http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/sonic_lost_world/news/sega_hopes_sonic_can_help_revive_wii_u.html

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

I definitely think Dr. Mario has enough moveset potential to be completely de-cloned. I do have an unfinished moveset for Doc the revolves around pills and viruses. Though, I'd really love it if his moveset is more comical. So I'm trying to come up with unique and funny ideas...

And idk what to say about these mega Pokemon. I like the Mawile one though... But yeah I just don't know what to think any more. :ohwell: It's kinda random lol. I didn't expect mega Pokemon forms.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
NOTE: I'm not really buying this whole "megaform" thing... I'm taking it as fake until I see it officially confirmed.
I think Corocoro Magazine is as legit as it gets when it comes to Pokemon news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom