• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'll be the first to say it but Megaform Blaziken is beyond overkill. The pokemon was already in ubers in fifth gen so now you have something that will probably rival 1st gen Mewtwo in terms of brokeness.

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
I know that. I didn't believe because sometimes there are fake pics of Corocoro, specially when it's about Pokémon.
And "Megaforms" didn't sound legit. At all.
I don't blame you at all for not believing it. This is something that sounds like the bully on the playground told you.

I really like them except for Ampharos please don't kill me.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'll be the first to say it but Megaform Blaziken is beyond overkill. The pokemon was already in ubers in fifth gen so now you have something that will probably rival 1st gen Mewtwo in terms of brokeness.
LOL! The whole metagame has been destroyed. :rotfl: These forms are either banned or their is going to be a Uber OU tier
I wonder.... do all pokemon have Megaforms?
I know that. I didn't believe because sometimes there are fake pics of Corocoro, specially when it's about Pokémon.
And "Megaforms" didn't sound legit. At all.
Yeah, i didn't believe it until I saw the other article pages on Serebii

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
As if balance and Pokemon really can match. The game is on purpose designed to NOT be balance, and you even have to ban moves from competitive play. If it's even more "broken" there will just be a work around as always.

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
LOL! The whole metagame has been destroyed. :rotfl: These forms are either banned or their is going to be a Uber OU tier
I wonder.... do all pokemon have Megaforms?

Yeah, i didn't believe it until I saw the other article pages on Serebii
As a competitive Pokemon player it's waaaaay to early to call the new forms OP. We don't know what the metagame will look like, maybe fighting will become really bad typing next gen. The power of pokemon overall will increase and it's possible that Blaziken will fit right in perfectly and not outclass them. We also don't know if the forms may just be a redistribution of stats. Just hold out on calling pokemon OP just yet.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
I don't know what to think of this. I mean, do I trash Pokemon because they are parodying Digimon, it's early-game competitor. Or do I feel excited for a new, possibly better Pokemon game than it's predecessors.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Back just for a little bit.. how is Pokemon copying Digimon if Pokemon came out before it? Pokemon will always make more money than it so there really is no point in comparing the two. In my opinion, Mega Lucario will become Lucario's new Final Smash if he ends up staying.

Also it's not a permanent evolution Mewtwo doesn't stay in Mega Form permanently stop comparing the two.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, I think the original Digimon games precede Pokemon by about a year or so.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter if Pokemon's making more money or not. Everyone copies each other.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Back just for a little bit.. how is Pokemon copying Digimon if Pokemon came out before it? Pokemon will always make more money than it so there really is no point in comparing the two. In my opinion, Mega Lucario will become Lucario's new Final Smash if he ends up staying.
It's copying the "Power-up" forms. Rather than it's usual "permanent evolution".

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
I don't know what to think of this. I mean, do I trash Pokemon because they are parodying Digimon, it's early-game competitor. Or do I feel excited for a new, possibly better Pokemon game than it's predecessors.
The latter. I don't think it really matters what the other games did. There is pretty much no such thing as an original idea anymore and if it makes the game more exciting be happy.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Actually, I think the original Digimon games precede Pokemon by about a year or so.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter if Pokemon's making more money or not. Everyone copies each other.
Again, although this is OT, I like your sig, Kuma.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
The latter. I don't think it really matters what the other games did. There is pretty much no such thing as an original idea anymore and if it makes the game more exciting be happy.
At least it's nice to see them go for a new strategy this time, instead of doing the same formula year after year.

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
So I just thought of something. A special Torchic is to be distributed as an event Pokemon. Blaziken seems to be getting promoted heavily considering the event and it's a really popular Pokemon. You guys think Blaziken has a chance for Smash 4 now?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

It does.

It's copying the "Power-up" forms. Rather than it's usual "permanent evolution".

Who really cares though? Like Kuma says everyone copies each other and Pokemon will always be more popular in the long run.

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
At least it's nice to see them go for a new strategy this time, instead of doing the same formula year after year.
I don't know if you have ever played competitive pokemon before but there is a drastic change in gameplay from every gen. It's not really fair for you to say it's the same gameplay every time because you don't play the competitive side of it.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
It does.

Who really cares though? Like Kuma says everyone copies each other and Pokemon will always be more popular in the long run.
I don't mean to be rude, but eventually, all good things must come to an end. Yes, Pokemon is still very popular, but how long will that last? - Plus I wrote that like 8 minutes ago.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I don't mean to be rude, but eventually, all good things must come to an end. Yes, Pokemon is still very popular, but how long will that last. - Plus I wrote that like 8 minutes ago.

As long as each game continues to sell 7.81 Million it wont be ending anytime soon.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
I don't know if you have ever played competitive pokemon before but there is a drastic change in gameplay from every gen. It's not really fair for you to say it's the same gameplay every time because you don't play the competitive side of it.
I've played minor-competitively in my hay-day of Pokemon. However, I never seen something THIS big.

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
I've played minor-competitively in my hay-day of Pokemon. However, I never seen something THIS big.
Seriously? adding abilities, natures, a EVs in third gen wasn't big? Can you imagine how big the difference the metagame would be without them? or what about the physical/special split that made a bunch of pokemon good because they weren't locked into being special or whatever. Even though 5th gen brought less obvious changes it gave every old pokemon a new ability not to mention the meta went from all day walls to a very quick sweep meta. In contrast, adding new forms to 6 pokemon is nothing compared to previous gens.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
As a competitive Pokemon player it's waaaaay to early to call the new forms OP. We don't know what the metagame will look like, maybe fighting will become really bad typing next gen. The power of pokemon overall will increase and it's possible that Blaziken will fit right in perfectly and not outclass them. We also don't know if the forms may just be a redistribution of stats. Just hold out on calling pokemon OP just yet.
While I agree, and for the most part my post was meant to be taken in comical manner. These Mega Forms will see some sort of stat modification or at least access to so some exclusive Poke-abilities.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
While I agree, and for the most part my post was meant to be taken in comical manner. These Mega Forms will see some sort of stat modification or at least access to so some exclusive Poke-abilities.

Yeah, it appears they're part of the genetic manipulation theme since Blaziken has an X on its chest and Lucario has a Y

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
The ability part actually has been confirmed. Lucario gets Adaptability, Blaziken will keep Speed Boost however. Ampharos is ELECTRIC/DRAGON (OMG) and have Mold Breaker, Mawile is steel/fairy with Huge Power. Mewtwo will have insomnia (bleh) and Absol has Magic Bounce (really good)

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Seriously? adding abilities, natures, a EVs in third gen wasn't big? Can you imagine how big the difference the metagame would be without them? or what about the physical/special split that made a bunch of pokemon good because they weren't locked into being special or whatever. Even though 5th gen brought less obvious changes it gave every old pokemon a new ability not to mention the meta went from all day walls to a very quick sweep meta. In contrast, adding new forms to 6 pokemon is nothing compared to previous gens.
Not to be rude, but may we get back on topic? We're leaving smash and getting onto Pokemon.

But to answer your question, yes and no. Either you spent hours trying to get the BEST Pokemon, or you didn't. Now-a-days, all you need is an action replay, and time. Level: 1, Select Pokemon, launch the game, search for the Pokemon you want for a couple of hours, find one with good IV's and nature combo, train it, give it moves/an item. Done. Sadly, with the addition of the Action Replay, I stopped playing Pokemon competitively, since now my local competitors now had easy access to the Pokemon they needed. Abilities, Natures, EV's/IV's just became more hurdles to jump through if you wanted to enjoy the game and have a powerful team.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Well, there goes some of Mewtwo's chance to get into this game. But that's just me, what do you guys think?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Apologies if this has already been said, but if these count as evolutions, does this mean we now have four-stage evolution lines (with Blaziken and Ampharos - who just put on a wig and is suddenly now a dragon :p)?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I guess that's our Pokémon roster then...

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer Red
MegaLucario
Awakened Mewtwo

This is it, folks. Show's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom