• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I agree. Nintendo Directs also give a certain "independent" image to the company. Why wait for major events, when they can just go ahead and announce the games?

I've also heard that those Directs have become more popular (having more audience) progressively, meaning that more people are aware of these presentations.
That independent thing is really working out for them. You think they'd announce a North American release for a "nobody" game like Bravely Default at E3? There's also the whole sense of humor and sense of personal appeal they've got going on. They're starting to realize that they greatly excel at humor and are going with it. Now if only they could handle serious plots better in their games. What's also helping is things like Facebook that allows fans to express their opinions on things.

I think Nintendo needs to find a good balance between the directs and E3. So far it seems like they are doing that quite nicely. Showing us tons of cool games in the meantime, while saving their big guns (Mario, Mario Kart, Smash) for E3.
And that's because those are the big "mainstream" games. They can announce "the small stuff" at their own terms.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The funny thing about the name is that I chose to name this character after a Jesuit priest and explorer who helped found and settle the Californias. But I was also reminded of the player so I wanted to know how strong the association was, lol.
If you did remind of him and you're not Portuguese, think on how people here think! :laugh:

Anyway, I like the way Nintendo is getting closer to the players. I think it's good for the company and makes it seem more trustworthy, which is very important when dealing with costumers. As costumers, we must have the feeling that what we purchase is something from a trustworthy brand or company, since it can make the difference between buying or not buying.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Directs are probably one of the best things Nintendo has come up with recently
I agree lets just hope there E3 is not soo boring and bogus like all Nintendo Land...and MS with all Kinect...
Ugh this E3 for Nintendo must be a massive hit! Massive software annoucements more than usual.

Also i gotta feeling there gonna annouce a new 3DS model...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
We're going to have the newest Mario platformer, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. 4. Nintendo would have to actively try to screw this one up.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
2014 or 2015 maybe but don't think we'll see a new 3DS model being announced this year.
Hmmm yh your right.

This E3 looks like.

Sm4sh Reveal
Mario Kart U
3D Mario U
More Pokemon X & Y news?

*Potentialy* New Zelda U Trailer
Retro studios big secret game announced hopefully New Metroid U.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Microsoft and Sony will still put a lot of weight on E3; especially now that they're releasing new home consoles. It'll be interesting to see how Nintendo approaches E3 since they're giving us a lot of things we want through the Nintendo DIrect vids but they'll still want to show off some big things for the first time and get that buzz going on social networks and the specialized press.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, I'm very curious what Sony will charge for the PS4 without sounding like they're either assholes (599 US dollars) or obviously selling it at a big loss. Plus the library of game at that press conference didn't seem to scream "hey, I'll make the console amazing" almost as the same as "PS3 HAS NO GAEMS".

As for Microsoft, the last couple E3 tells me Microsoft is far more interested in gimmicks, sponsors, apps, and accessories than making games for their systems so I really don't know what to expect for the Nextbox.

D

Deleted member

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/33953

Nintendo World Report wants Bayonetta as a playable character and Chibi-Robo as an Assist Trophy. I know this doesn't confirm anything but I thought I'd share this.
I have no idea who they are, but they have demonstrated god tier taste in wants.

At least it's better than the people who want Ivy in Smash. I still cringe at the thought. I like SC, but Ivy is far from my favorite SC character.

I agree. Also, I kind of like the Japanese accent in which Iwata speaks. :laugh:

Tbh, I actually find him easier to understand than a native English speaker.
"Hya- atu... NINtendo, Wii- wourd rike- to sho iu, ze nex- wai... to purai... Zeruda."

I actually find it quite hilarious.

Considering I'm an English teacher... I'm a horrible person.

That aside, I think Iwata is a charming guy. However, I still think of the commet Arin Grump made about how funny it'd be to hear him speak dirty to his wife or something, is quite hilarious. Still, despite being a nice guy, he's done a poor job as prez.

Microsoft and Sony will still put a lot of weight on E3; especially now that they're releasing new home consoles. It'll be interesting to see how Nintendo approaches E3 since they're giving us a lot of things we want through the Nintendo DIrect vids but they'll still want to show off some big things for the first time and get that buzz going on social networks and the specialized press.
That's why I keep telling people they'll have to announce something really big and unexpected to really wow people and take some of the attention away from the journalists who will be lapping up everything that comes out of Sony's and M$'s buttholes. We all know who the spotlight is gonna be on at this E3. I'm also keen on hearing what they gotta say.

I still think Bayonetta for Smash would be ONE of the possible approaches...

Either that or Banjo Threeie WiiU exclusive.

Yeah, I'm very curious what Sony will charge for the PS4 without sounding like they're either *******s (599 US dollars) or obviously selling it at a big loss. Plus the library of game at that press conference didn't seem to scream "hey, I'll make the console amazing" almost as the same as "PS3 HAS NO GAEMS".

As for Microsoft, the last couple E3 tells me Microsoft is far more interested in gimmicks, sponsors, apps, and accessories than making games for their systems so I really don't know what to expect for the Nextbox.
Here's a video detailing some leaked specs:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
At least it's better than the people who want Ivy in Smash. I still cringe at the thought. I like SC, but Ivy is far from my favorite SC character.
Hey, it takes guests with breasts to have a party! :troll:

But seriously, I hate Ivy too. She's ugly, unlikable, and looks like she only wants sex. Definitely something Nintendo never wants.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
We're going to have the newest Mario platformer, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. 4. Nintendo would have to actively try to screw this one up.
Expect something cringe worthy, I'll say that much. Even the more tolerable conferences are not safe from that one moment, if you know what I mean.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
if it doesn't work through straight up edit, go into More Options in the edit menu and add in your edit through there.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It was almost seven years ago when Brawl was officially announced. Does that sound surreal to anyone else? I was one week away from graduating high school and now I'm close to wrapping up graduate school. It seems weird that everything's about to start all over again and that I'm still just as enthusiastic for Smash Bros as I was back then.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
For me, I was close to finishing my first year of high school. Now, I'm less than a month away from graduating from college.

Technically speaking, sophomore year was when things were beginning for me. I wasn't quite ready for high school students that first year and us being under a compressed schedule didn't have me socializing with people outside of class.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I was hyped about Brawl when it was pseudo-announced at E3 '05 by Iwata. I think Brawl was promoted the best out of any game that Nintendo has ever released and I think it will be hard for the marketing department to top it with SSB4. I think they'll have to go about a different strategy to make the marketing campaign a success this time around.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Brawl's was overhyped, and there was no means to control it. The biggest problem was that you had mostly just screenshots which left things way too open ended for speculation.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I was hyped about Brawl when it was pseudo-announced at E3 '05 by Iwata. I think Brawl was promoted the best out of any game that Nintendo has ever released and I think it will be hard for the marketing department to top it with SSB4. I think they'll have to go about a different strategy to make the marketing campaign a success this time around.
Hmmm like what though really...i think smash comes around so rarely that the same thing will work a a Dojo and maybe like more info on modes & how the serues have evolved rather than just throwing chars and stages at us...?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would really like it if Nintendo used Nintendo Direct to unveil new character trailers and save it for the end of select ones - that way people see all their other announcements.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmmm like what though really...i think smash comes around so rarely that the same thing will work a a Dojo and maybe like more info on modes & how the serues have evolved rather than just throwing chars and stages at us...?
Using Nintendo Directs would be a good idea and maybe more space between announcements. I liked the Dojo but I'd be willing to argue that it actually built up too much hype which caused it to be heavily criticized by some when it actually came out. I remember being mad for awhile after Brawl came out because a lot of characters that I wanted didn't make the cut but, at the same time, my expectations were also freakishly high because of how much Nintendo hyped the game. I think Nintendo should try to be more modest and conservative this time around when it comes to Smash News.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe they can do a bit of both. Keep the idea of a Dojo, but use Directs for the really big announcements, like perhaps third party trailers and such.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's what I was thinking, though they need to do trailers for every character, IMO. I still don't like how actual video footage of Brawl was limited to a handful of occasions, only one of which telling us how the gameplay looked - even if it was a little too cinematic to really tell.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If we're going to go with the trailer route, I'd suggest something like the Sonic in Brawl trailer as a basis of sorts. Almost a minute of footage that mixes gameplay and cinematic content.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Yes, fleshing out what the characters could do would be an ideal thing. That way even if you're not familiar with a character, you'd still want to try it out. Otherwise known as building hype.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Seriously, I had no real interest in She-Hulk until I saw this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom