• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Of all the games shown in the last Nintendo Direct, the one that is getting my attention the most is Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. Then again I do like the Mario & Luigi games in general due to their quirky nature, but I digress.

D

Deleted member

Link's Awakening and Four Swords Adventures also had this boss (plus Puppet Ganon transformed into something very similar in The Wind Waker) so I don't see why you're so mad.
Because it's doing the same exact thing NSMB did.

Also, did you notice how:

A) The boss doesn't reset health when you fall like in LttP, thus making the fight easier.

B) They streamlined resource management so that all you need now is a Magic meter for everything, Spin Attacks to Arrows. Oh and the Meter recharges automatically.

C) Silver Rupees everywhere

The call back to the boss in LA and WW wasn't a blatant casualized copy paste like in here, the dungeon is very similar to the one in LttP it has the same item, dungeon gimmick and a similar layout, it's like replaying the same thing over again, but easier. The game so far just seems to be banking on the nostalgia from LttP to create hype on a ****ty uninspired game. The most exciting thing about Zelda is waiting to see what they'll do new, but seeing Nintendo not bothering to think up new things is disappointing. Oh and don't call that Paper Mario Gimmick 'NEW,' it's about as new as the Ice Power Up in NSMB.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
A Link to the Past 2 Link > Toon Link

<div style="background:#000;width:350px; height:260px;font:0px sans-serif;text-align:left;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="cdtw" width="350" height="240" style="outline:none"><param name="movie" value="http://countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="eid=276717" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed name="cdtw" src="http://countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" flashvars="eid=276717" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="350" height="240" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" style="outline:none"></embed></object><br/> <a href="http://countingdownto.com" style="font:bold 8px Arial;padding-left:19px;color:#444;">FREE COUNTDOWN WIDGET</a></div>

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why so much Mario and Zelda always but so little Donkey Kong?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

No one is better than Toon Link
No one is better than Toon Link... except ALttP Link. I'm talking design wise mind you.

ALttP Link is a classic. The design overall just looks better to me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I drew myself as a mega man character for the Mega Man thread, since they write their supporters as if they are Robot Masters

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I really hope Manly's prediction about this game won't come true because this will just show that NSMB-attitude is now nearing other first party franchises of Nintendo (I guess mainly Miyamotos?) and ruining what made them so great back in the old days. But in any case, this is still (I think) very early in development, and was just shown. (-l.i-)

Also I just find it particularly weird beyond belief that using a hammer now drains a magic meter. Wait, using almost everything drains the magic meter. Why is everything centered on Magic Meter now?

D

Deleted member

Also I just find it particularly weird beyond belief that using a hammer now drains a magic meter. Wait, using almost everything drains the magic meter. Why is everything centered on Magic Meter now?
Because casuals.

Streamlined game design for people who don't like thinking.

I really hope I'm wrong too... I really do. But it doesn't look like it. Isn't this game supposed to come out this year? If there's a playable demo out, then you can bet that this will be the final product.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Perhaps that's not the magic meter but the stamina meter, you know... like the one in Skyward Sword...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Perhaps that's not the magic meter but the stamina meter, you know... like the one in Skyward Sword...
Nope, it's magic. Looks just like the one in ALttP, and that weird wall-paper thing uses it as well.

I don't mind the "streamlining" of item management so much, but it does strike me as odd. Kind alike how in the first Zelda your bow used rupees as arrows for some reason.

I'll have to wait and see on this one. If it is just a NSMB style recycling/poor-man's copy of ALttP, then I'll skip it...or at the most buy it used(if it's not an eShop game).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For all we know, it is physically exhausting to quash yourself into a hieroglyph so it could be the stamina meter. Not my favorite addition SS made. But regardless, I'll buy it. I wonder if that means they'll reference Classic Zelda a bit more in Smash 4.

Brawl focused too much on Twilight Princess.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I unsubscribed from that xD
You do bring up some good points, the only thing I would say is that being Christian in particular isn't 'easy', in fact many times I've been told it's exact opposite.
It's all about weathering the storm, and coming out a better person. Faith will be challenged, life issues will hit you hard just like everyone else in the world. To me personally, I believe it's at those moments when your down and all alone you will always have 'someone' to turn to; and give you motivation to make it through those hard times. So to me being Christian isn't about being 'easy' or 'weak'. It's about standing in what you believe in, even if the majority of people are against you. It's about not giving into the secular way of life and following whatever people deem to be socially acceptable that decade. (The homosexuality craze is a whole-can-of-worms that I'm am disgusted how some people in the 'Christian' faith have handled). It's about refusing temptation and falling back into bad habit and not compromising your faith to please others. More or less, what I take from it is discipline and self-control.

I would love to have a decent discussion if you ever get the chance.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nope, it's magic. Looks just like the one in ALttP, and that weird wall-paper thing uses it as well.
The way it is used looks more like a stamina meter if you ask me. Seeing as how it automatically refills once you used it. Something the magic meter never did but the stamina meter did... =/ Guess we will have to wait and see until Nintendo confirms what the meter actually is.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'd wait until there is more info & new gameplay. Instead of acting like a little *****.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You do bring up some good points, the only thing I would say is that being Christian in particular isn't 'easy', in fact many times I've been told it's exact opposite.
It's all about weathering the storm, and coming out a better person. Faith will be challenged, life issues will hit you hard just like everyone else in the world. To me personally, I believe it's at those moments when your down and all alone you will always have 'someone' to turn to; and give you motivation to make it through those hard times. So to me being Christian isn't about being 'easy' or 'weak'. It's about standing in what you believe in, even if the majority of people are against you. It's about not giving into the secular way of life and following whatever people deem to be socially acceptable that decade. (The homosexuality craze is a whole-can-of-worms that I'm am disgusted how some people in the 'Christian' faith have handled). It's about refusing temptation and falling back into bad habit and not compromising your faith to please others. More or less, what I take from it is discipline and self-control.

I would love to have a decent discussion if you ever get the chance.
As I said feel free to pm me ^_^ (because I can't figure out how to pm people on this new board layout @.@)

Who else thinks they're going to do a 'year of luigi' spin on the smash info at E3, and put luigi in the shots instead of mario? That'd be interesting.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
As I said feel free to pm me ^_^ (because I can't figure out how to pm people on this new board layout @.@)

Who else thinks they're going to do a 'year of luigi' spin on the smash info at E3, and put luigi in the shots instead of mario? That'd be interesting.
And sure i'll pm when ever i get the chance

I talked about it a bit in the Luigi thread, but I think With this whole Year of Luigi thing Nintendo is using, I wouldn't be surprised if Luigi is unveiled first at E3 2013 amongst Kirby, Link and Pikachu (And dare I say it? Possibly Instead of Mario? :troll:).

I hope they expand on this Year of... concept. Like pick a year(no every year that would require them to start making games in advance for those games for a timely release in that year.) make it the year of X Nintendo character

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah. Let's wait and see. It may be a token nostalgia dungeon for all we know. The game has that brand new wall mechanic. There is going to be a lot of new stuff this time.

D

Deleted member

I'd wait until there is more info & new gameplay. Instead of acting like a little *****.
Nah, that's boring man. I'd rather cry and whine about it, that way, if I'm wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Also, it's fun going on /v/ and pissing off all those vehemently defending the game.

volbound1700

Smash Master
@ Moon Monkey and Samus Rules9, we did start a private discussion about religion but it died off real quick lol with only about 9-10 posts. Frostwraith lead the post. Asked him to join that and we can discuss with everyone.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
@ Moon Monkey and Samus Rules9, we did start a private discussion about religion but it died off real quick lol with only about 9-10 posts. Frostwraith lead the post. Asked him to join that and we can discuss with everyone.
Oh okay, thanks bruh!

As for the ALttP2 discussion. I guess speculation on the game couldn't hurt... I mean it's not like there are other things that we can talk about at this point.

But if you guys insist on a new topic:
It could be me and my paranoia for worst case scenarios occurring, but do you guys think these Nintendo Directs will take away from the news from E3? We've now learned about a few titles over the past 3 months: Wind Waker HD, ALttP2, Yarn Yoshi, Yoshi island successor and Xenoblades successor. Would you guys be disappointed if these were all the new titles Nintendo had in store for us? Obviously we still have a Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Hopefully Retros and Smash Bros. to look forward too, but do you wish they held off these surprises until E3 or are you just happy to have news

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Frost, I'm writing a short story and I named the Portuguese character Eusebio da Luz. Is that too obvious a reference to the soccer player for a native Portuguese? If you don't know then ask someone.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
While the Directs certainly take away the surprise factor from E3 (Especially how Nintendo's 2010 conference had so many surprises), we don't even know anything about most of the titles since they we're announced.

It would be disappointing yes if that was all that they have in stored, but I'm still hoping for at least a trailer or even a mention that they a new Starfox or F-Zero or hell even a new Metroid is in development.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
The Nintendo Directs definitely take away from the surprises we'd have at E3, but I'm sure there will be a lot more to announce to keep the hype for Nintendo high if they want to beat Sony and Microsoft. Since Sakurai has kept quiet about Smash 4 and plans to unveil news about it at E3, I'm just hoping it's pretty huge since that's what everyone is reeeally waiting for.

We'll see. We've got a little less than two months to go.

I'm assuming Pokemon is going to have it's own event aside from the Nintendo Directs or is that going to wait until E3 as well?

D

Deleted member

Well, E3 is a joke nowdays anyway. Nintendo is doing the right thing announcing these things directly for their fans. Honestly, this will be the first decent E3 in a long time, and that we will have for a good 8 or so years, simply because there is NO WAY it can be worse than the previous years. Not with all the **** there is to be announced and info to be revealed, and how bad the previous years were.

Here's to hoping they don't embarass themselves with more Tobuscus and ****ty music...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Frost, I'm writing a short story and I named the Portuguese character Eusebio da Luz. Is that too obvious a reference to the soccer player for a native Portuguese? If you don't know then ask someone.
Yes, Eusébio is a very well known Portuguese soccer player. Even those who aren't soccer fans (like me) know who he is, so yeah, a native Portuguese would very likely associate that name to the soccer player.

Heck, I was reminded of him when I read the name and I'm not a soccer fan!

Well, E3 is a joke nowdays anyway. Nintendo is doing the right thing announcing these things directly for their fans. Honestly, this will be the first decent E3 in a long time, and that we will have for a good 8 or so years, simply because there is NO WAY it can be worse than the previous years. Not with all the **** there is to be announced and info to be revealed, and how bad the previous years were.

Here's to hoping they don't embarass themselves with more Tobuscus and ****ty music...
I very much agree.

All recent E3's have been jokes. Nintendo has taken the right direction by making those Nintendo Direct announcements, as it also approaches the company to its fans. Of course, that they should also save some of their biggest titles to E3.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I very much agree.

All recent E3's have been jokes. Nintendo has taken the right direction by making those Nintendo Direct announcements, as it also approaches the company to its fans. Of course, that they should also save some of their biggest titles to E3.
Pretty much. It's kinda sad when UBISOFT of all people has the best E3 presentation. But yeah, over the last few years E3 has been...meh. Though most of the gaming community/journalists don't seem to realize that yet...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Microsoft's press conferences are essentially pre-teen Disney TV show auditions. Sony's content for the most part is good, but their pacing makes everything feel very boring i fell asleep during the GoW game. Nintendo is hit or miss. Their priorities and definitions of ending on bang is way off some times. (WTF Wii Music & Nintendo Land)

Ubisoft is good when they are not doing laser tag or hiring bad comedians to host. EA is forgetable and Konami.... i rather not talk about them

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

At this point, E3 is the show where they wow the masses, aka casualfags. Most of the stuff announced there is stuff most of us won't really care about, but the big investors and retailers like Wal-Mart are going to be on top of E3 in terms of what products they can expect to have in their stores.

I'm quite glad that Nintendo is doing Nintendo Direct now. They can reveal things when they want and not have to wait for things like comic book conventions and trade shows to do their thing.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Kuma hit it right on the head with his last post. E3 is just a way to make and officialize announcements to people who aren't following gaming too closely or frequently.
Yes, Eusébio is a very well known Portuguese soccer player. Even those who aren't soccer fans (like me) know who he is, so yeah, a native Portuguese would very likely associate that name to the soccer player.

Heck, I was reminded of him when I read the name and I'm not a soccer fan!
Hmm... I guess I'll have to come up with a better name. Or not; I like how Eusebio sounds.

Thanks for being Portuguese helping me with this.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hmm... I guess I'll have to come up with a better name. Or not; I like how Eusebio sounds.

Thanks for being Portuguese helping me with this.
Because I totally chose to be born and raised in Portugal. No problem.
Also, though it's mostly associated with the soccer player (and mind that Eusébio not a very common name), it's still a name just like any other.

At this point, E3 is the show where they wow the masses, aka casual***s. Most of the stuff announced there is stuff most of us won't really care about, but the big investors and retailers like Wal-Mart are going to be on top of E3 in terms of what products they can expect to have in their stores.

I'm quite glad that Nintendo is doing Nintendo Direct now. They can reveal things when they want and not have to wait for things like comic book conventions and trade shows to do their thing.
I agree. Nintendo Directs also give a certain "independent" image to the company. Why wait for major events, when they can just go ahead and announce the games?

I've also heard that those Directs have become more popular (having more audience) progressively, meaning that more people are aware of these presentations.

Name him Vasco da Gama and call it a day. :awesome:
:laugh:
You do know he's the one who discovered the maritime route to India... there's a bridge in Lisbon that bears his name, as well as countless street names across the country. He's an important figure in Portuguese history.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Nintendo needs to find a good balance between the directs and E3. So far it seems like they are doing that quite nicely. Showing us tons of cool games in the meantime, while saving their big guns (Mario, Mario Kart, Smash) for E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom