• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
New Mario Golf game? I am surprised Mario Golf even does well since Tiger Woods is out there and usually better.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Tiger Woods' game is a realistic golf sim whereas Mario games have blue shells and stuff like that (I'm guessing).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Tiger Woods' game is a realistic golf sim whereas Mario games have blue shells and stuff like that (I'm guessing).
Having played both GCN and GBA Mario Golf games, the games are more realistic than you think.

Some courses do have stuff like Chain Chomps, Warp Pipes and other such typical Mario elements, but there are also courses that are more generic and realistic.

Compared to the Tiger Woods games, it's obvious that the Mario Golf series is not as realistic.

D

Deleted member

My TWO best friend's going to die off happiness for Earthbound's VC release and Link To The Past 2 alone.

And me too. Great damn justice done today Nintendo, also big props for bringing Yoshi's Island back!

EDIT: For those who missed the direct:

Okay, I'm pumped up truly now for what's to come.
Neato, LttP2 sounds cool, just one thing...

All I heard Reggie say was "puzzles puzzles puzzles." PLEASE Nintendo, LttP is a hard game, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let the sequel live up to the glory of the first. No more handholding, I wanna get lost in Hyrule, die in the dungeons, have to find my own way...

Likewise with Yoshi's Island 3, the original is a toughie, the sequel was cake, hoping this one brings back the creatively difficult platforming.

All that aside, I liked Reggie's Luigi Pin, I want one.

Anyway, boy am I glad for all the localizations.

Bravely Default, and SMT4 got me hyped, I REALLY gotta buy a 3DS sometime soon...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Manly: Me too, really. I think the puzzle have taken totally over Zelda just because Aonuma sucks at Old Zeldas. (-l^l-);

At least Artoon's not developing the new Yoshi's Island since that subsidiary's now dead.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For those interested in the European Direct... here it is:
[collapse="European Direct"]
[/collapse]

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
All I can say is that I have more of a reason to find a job after college.

Now if I only knew what to look for....

*sobs uncontrollably*

D

Deleted member

Manly dude, post the colored version of my character drawing plz. I haven't seen it yet.
Sorry, shinpichu posted a link to it, so I assumed you had already seen it.

I'll just leave this here...

IMAGE!!

I see you visited the same thread on /v/ I did.

I was kinda meh about LttP2 before visiting /v/, after going there I was more in the negative. They do bring up a good point about the graphics making the game look souless and uninspired like NSMB does for Mario, and Nintendo simply trying to cash in on fan nostalgia as they always do. Honestly, I would have preferred a remake. Will this be the cashcow for Zelda? Jesus I hope not.

But as of right now, I'll just be keeping an ear out for LttP2, not exactly hyped for it. I'm only hoping the series doesn't go further south.

Also, where is my Majora's Mask 3DS remake, that's the only Zelda game they could remake that would make me buy a 3DS in a heartbeat. Thing's overdue now. I want a Purple 3DS XL bundle with Majora's Mask.

Then again, considering Nintendo's current casual approach to gaming, I doubt they would make such an immersive and diffucult game for their "on the go" platform. The only good thing out of DKCR 3DS is the fact that it won't have ****ty motion controls.

At least I still have SMT4 and Bravely Default to look forward to...

ALSO, Also...

Where the **** is Samus? I miss Metroid... ;_;

**** year of Luigi, poor Samus needs to have her own year. And Fox, and Falcon...

D

Deleted member

Majora's Mask is definitely my favorite Zelda game

I mean, Ocarina of Time was good too, but it doesn't do it for me like MM does
OoT is great, but it's overrated. VERY Overrated. Imo the Best 3D Zelda is Majora's Mask by far. But it's a tough game, I'd never recommend it as someone's first Zelda. Skyward Sword, TP, or WW would be better first entries.

Zelda Tier List:

God Tier:
Majora's Mask
Minish Cap
A Link to the Past

Good Tier:
Windwaker
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Link's Awakening
Zelda 1

Underappreciated Masterpiece Tier:
Zelda II

OK Tier:
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword

Meh Tier:
Phantom Hourglass

This is a game? tier:
Four Swords GBA

Putrid **** tier:
Spirit Tracks

Didn'tplay LOL:
Four Sword Adventures

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
i have a question about smash4
what do people actually want from sakurai
isnt all we want melee physics ?????
isnt that another project m?
what are we looking for in changes to our normal smash game
i dont see what people are wanting cuz if people really want melee tech skill in the game the why doesnt m2k and armada call up sakurai and tell him to make it 100% like melee

D

Deleted member

Those series cannot be rehashed enough by Nintendo, hence why they're being ignored.
Dunno,

With F-Zero:

They could do a GX HD remake with online play and Customizable Tracks. A new Gimmicky F-Zero for WiiU, a Captain Falcon Action Game by Plat Games where he bounty hunts for WiiU, an F Zero Fighting Game for 3DS, and a SNES Era Multiplayer Co-Op Beat-em-Up for WiiU and 3DS that has cross-platform play. As well as have Falcon guest in the Next Mario Kart, make him DLC for Mario Kart 3DS, and cameo in Star Fox, or Metroid.

With Metroid:

They could bring back Dread as the 2D Metroid for 3DS, they could make another Prime entry by Retro Studios for WiiU, give us another Pinball Game. A Super Metroid Remake... NO! A Metroid 2 Remake for 3DS. Perhaps have Samus as a guest character in F-Zero or something. Wait, a Nintendo girls Dating Sim featuring Samus!

With Star Fox...

Dunno, just don't give us more Command games, a more fleshed out Assult/64-like game would be great, I'd like more thought to be put on the ground combat and single player. Assualt actually had incredibly good flying segments, so more of that would be neat, but the multiplayer was also a step in the right direction for Assault.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Speaking purely for myself here (not a competitive player BTW) but I just want a more intense/faster pace for the gameplay and characters to be handled better

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Four Swords Adventures is perhaps the most underrated game in the Zelda series. Its great fun and really amazing if you are playing with friends. However, it is still a fun and solid game even if you play it alone.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
ALSO, Also...

Where the **** is Samus? I miss Metroid... ;_;

**** year of Luigi, poor Samus needs to have her own year. And Fox, and Falcon...
It's coming. It's just a matter of which system.

Considering Nintendo hasn't unveiled it for the 3DS, since they've gotten all of their 3DS goodies out of the way before E3, ten bucks says it's a Wii U title. Either Prime 4 or Other M 2 (please no).

Four Swords Adventures is perhaps the most underrated game in the Zelda series. Its great fun and really amazing if you are playing with friends. However, it is still a fun and solid game even if you play it alone.
This man knows whats up.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Personally I would like to see the rumored "Metroid Dread" to come back as a Wii U title, preferably with the problems from Metroid Other M thrown out the window.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah I was always wondering how that game stood up, heck I was wondering if it was any good/if you even could play it alone. Since I'm going to try and expand my GC library later this summer once I finish school next week, I'll definitely take a look into it. I still have all the NP issues that covered the game too.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Personally I would like to see the rumored "Metroid Dread" to come back as a Wii U title, preferably with the problems from Metroid Other M thrown out the window.
All I'm asking for is Prime 4. Imagine, beautiful environments like Skytown Elysia and Sanctuary Fortress in HD. All they need to do is cut out the linearity and hand holding of Corruption, and they're set for solid title. It's been six years since a Metroid title has been released. That's too long.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
All I'm asking for is Prime 4. Imagine, beautiful environments like Skytown Elysia and Sanctuary Fortress in HD. All they need to do is cut out the linearity and hand holding of Corruption, and they're set for solid title. It's been six years since a Metroid title has been released. That's too long.
I'm with you...except for the Prime bit. I'd like a new Metroid that doesn't force me to take breaks ever 30 minutes due to headaches.

You know, a Metroid that took Other M's gameplay, refined it, and used it in a game with interesting levels, more exploration, and a better story would be pretty interesting IMO.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
For a series like Metroid, the story needs to be as un-intrusive as possible. The last time we got a great Metroid that followed that was Prime 2. Both Prime 3 and Other M were way too "talky" for a Metroid game.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm with you...except for the Prime bit. I'd like a new Metroid that doesn't force me to take breaks ever 30 minutes due to headaches.

You know, a Metroid that took Other M's gameplay, refined it, and used it in a game with interesting levels, more exploration, and a better story would be pretty interesting IMO.
Ehh, I'm sorry, but I did not like Other M's gameplay... I like actually being able to aim for my target and move at the same time. The story wasn't the only bad thing about that game.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Metroid?

Exploration > story

IMO, of course
Fix'd. :p

But seriously, a Metroid game that isn't linear would be wonderful.

@Starphoenix

As long as the next Metroid isn't in first person. That was my problem with the Prime games, though I admit it's entirely a personal thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom