• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
By the way, that Isaac talk was merely a ruse. I still think Isaac is rather bland. Not Chrom amount of bland, but the generic RPG hero archetype doesn't settle well with me. Please understand.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Don't make me edit the Smooth Criminal out of one of your posts then not tell you which one. ;):troll:
Pretty sure I did that like a couple years ago. And I don't think he ever fixed it. :awesome:

Also Issac is amazing and I would love him in smash. All who stand in his way will be banned (only if he doesn't get in~).

SoldierSunday

Smash Apprentice
I'm too new to these forums to understand why Smooth Criminal does that.
SoldierSunday

I think i posted this before but i figured out how throw parries can work. If both players grab at the same time they get sent into a techable state, as for ICs... ehh.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
While Issac the character may be bland, he opens up gameplay options with ground attacks. A very ground oriented character with perhaps a few anti-aerial attacks (from the ground though) and situational aerial moves.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Xiivi is too awesome. :awesome:

By the way, that Isaac talk was merely a ruse. I still think Isaac is rather bland. Not Chrom amount of bland, but the generic RPG hero archetype doesn't settle well with me. Please understand.
I'm aware, and that's a fair assessment. The character himself is hardly the most interesting, but personally I feel his playstyle and the content he'd bring from his series more than make up for his lack of personality. And it's not like we've never received a fairly bland character in Smash before. And it's not like people can't like bland characters despite them being bland. But I understand where you're coming from. ;)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Pretty sure I did that like a couple years ago. And I don't think he ever fixed it. :awesome:
You rotten---

I'm too new to these forums to understand why Smooth Criminal does that.
SoldierSunday
It's just a holdover from a time where I didn't know how forum signatures worked. I honestly thought they weren't a separate thing, so I kept ending my posts in my username as a placeholder. Then I found out, and it kinda...stuck.

Hey Smooth Criminal, I'm stealing your thing. :troll:

Smooth Criminal
;~;

Not you, too! Hell and blood.

Smooth Criminal

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Toad is a pretty bland character in the Mario series (they are more notable for being cowards and inept body guards than anything else aside from Blue and Yellow Toad, and the Toad that was the main protagonist for Super Mario Bros. 2 and Wario's Woods).

Yet I would far more like to see Toad than any other Mario character. I think for many who support the characters they do, its not so much for "moveset potential", but rather they greatly enjoy the games they are from, or just like playing as them in the games they are from.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
You rotten---

It's just a holdover from a time where I didn't know how forum signatures worked. I honestly thought they weren't a separate thing, so I kept ending my posts in my username as a placeholder. Then I found out, and it kinda...stuck.

;~;

Not you, too! Hell and blood.

Smooth Criminal

It's even worse because it isn't relevant to me in any way at all!!!

Smooth Criminal

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
but, but, I thought we had a friendship-thing
Quiet or I'll have Kuma throw you off the helicarrier again.

*cracks whip*
I'm not gonna lie, I reflexively cringed and swooned a little.

All generic RPG characters are bland outside of fanfiction. Hell, some even manage to more so in fanfiction.

You really would think Chrom the Hedgehog would ooze at least a little more personality than regular Chrom.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Barret Wallace might be the best rpg hero.

Muscular guy with a big heart and a gun arm to match it.

SoldierSunday

Smash Apprentice
Never heard of him.

Also king of phantoms, who was the comedian to the reaction of me never playing a nintendo game in the gif?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
All generic RPG characters are bland outside of fanfiction. Hell, some even manage to more so in fanfiction.

You really would think Chrom the Hedgehog would ooze at least a little more personality than regular Chrom.
I guess it depends on the person, but people just need to be a little more creative.

...Except for "the Hedgehog" crap. That's the wrong type of imagination.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mario was much better in Who Framed Roger Rabbit than Super Mario Brothers. Awesome movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom