• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Hey have any of you guys play Smash Brothers Melee I've heard it's pretty good game and you can even play as Pichu vs Doctor Mario and I think it might be Nintendo stealing because Smash Brothers Melee was first while although Smash Brothers For Wii You was second so should Nintendo gets sued yay neigh?

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
The shine of the mods ain't got nothin on that smash 4 speculation shine...

If I could interject my opinion about SSBB sadly I would call it a Sonic 06.
1. Internet sucks
2. There are a lot of glitches (don't make me bring up the youtube videos *cough* Gigapuff *cough*
3. The tier list is serious f*cked up and one sided compare to melee and N64. did they do any character testing? did they? Project M and balanced brawl were made for a reason you know.
4. Chaingrabs and the imbalance of hitbox priority on specific characters versus others.
5. SSE was annoying and was only good for obtaining all the characters in a quick manner.
6. 64 friend limit on online brawling... Seriously?
7. Comparing it to Melee IMO it was a serious let down

Keep in mind these are my opinions don't go flaming me :)
But hey at least we got Totaka's song in SSBB. Now we need it in SSB4.
We must have Totaka's Song in SSB4!! Otherwise I won't know what to live for or what to spends hours looking for!
Hey have any of you guys play Smash Brothers Melee I've heard it's pretty good game and you can even play as Pichu vs Doctor Mario and I think it might be Nintendo stealing because Smash Brothers Melee was first while although Smash Brothers For Wii You was second so should Nintendo gets sued yay neigh?

I was going to hide this image but your reply gave it away...

Speaking of Totaka's Song if you wanted one easter egg in Smash 4 what would it be?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
What.

Hong

The Strongest
What Mr. Sakurai alluded to is that they want to represent as much of Nintendo as possible this time around. It is my hope and belief that we will more stages and items that don't necessarily come with a matching roster addition. It's not really about what is most popular in the modern era, in my opinion. The staple franchises such as Mario and Legend of Zelda will always be present and the fans will be pleased, so I think it is good to give Nintendo's overall history an adequate level of love.

Like, I would love if something like the Mario Paint title screen was a stage, and a finger would prod the letters and change the arena. It should all be about what offers the best gameplay experiences and represents Nintendo's history.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
When is the Nintendo Direct schedule for?

Just to have a general time frame if I should make myself suffer and stay up for it.

Of course it probably won't be worth it any ways.

Hong

The Strongest
When is the Nintendo Direct schedule for?

Just to have a general time frame if I should make myself suffer and stay up for it.

Of course it probably won't be worth it any ways.
It starts tomorrow at... 9 AM, central American time, and 4 PM CEST.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
tch....probably won't be able to watch this one live, going to be doing stuff with my family tomorrow morning. :/

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ugh, the directs are always so early for me... I just hope we get even a tidbit of new Smash info, though I'm not going to hold my breath.

Pichu? Dr. Mario? Wow what bad choices that must be a garbage game. :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There is not going to be anything on Super Smash Bros., for your information. Just please don't be naive, unless you want to be duped by a easily avoidable ruse.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well yeah, I'm not going to watch it just for Smash, and I'm not expecting Smash, but obviously it would be nice to get something, as unlikely as that might be.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think the Direct is focused on games coming in 2013. So I don't think we'll see anything smash related.

I hope I see something from Super Mario 3D World that convinces me that the game is worth buying; Because as of right now that game doesn't captivate me the way Galaxy, 64 or Sunshine did.

I'm hoping for a character reveal mid to late August.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's nice as a thought, but I'm very aware we're probably getting nothing in way of a reveal in the direct.

I do hope tonight we see more of the Pilotwings stage though.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah, I hope my post didn't mislead anyone, so much as wanted to present the possibility they will drop us a snippet.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I'd like to know what the fourth playable character in DKCTF is.

K. Rool is the least likely, yet most anticipated character for me.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

It's Mario.

First Platform crossover between the two of them.

They've been lying this entire time and D.K. is a secret fifth playable character in Super Mario 3D World.

:troll:

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Well yeah, I'm not going to watch it just for Smash, and I'm not expecting Smash, but obviously it would be nice to get something, as unlikely as that might be.
I would like to ask a curious question...

What happens when a mod does a double post?

That's off topic though but anyways...
No one has answered my question.
If you could have one easter egg in smash 4 what would it be?
I say Totaka's Song. You have no idea how many hours I have spent looking for Totaka's Song ever since I found it in Yoshi's Island when I was 7.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Who knows? Iwata might decide to drop a subtle hint. I don't expect it, but he could.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Also Miyamoto will probably drop in to say something about the secret notes in Pikmin 3.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I posted this earlier, but this my personal likelihood rating of the mystery character:
  1. Funky Kong
  2. Cranky Kong
  3. King K. Rool
  4. Kiddy Kong
[collapse=Bonus]

5. Swanky Kong :bee: [/collapse]
I'm with you though I really would like to see King K. Rool.
It's Mario.

First Platform crossover between the two of them.

They've been lying this entire time and D.K. is a secret fifth playable character in Super Mario 3D World.

:troll:
You joke around, but that might actually happen... In a matter of fact it could be Luigi (Just to keep the whole Year of Luigi thing going).
I'd be pissed if Mario or Luigi was the mystery character... :glare:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I would like to ask a curious question...

What happens when a mod does a double post?
The universe implodes.

If you could have one easter egg in smash 4 what would it be?
I say Totaka's Song. You have no idea how many hours I have spent looking for Totaka's Song ever since I found it in Yoshi's Island when I was 7.
Yeah, that's a pretty good one. Personally I'd prefer them to reference one of the many Reggie/Iwata/Sakurai/Miyamoto memes, but I doubt they will. Though the translation team usually has a sense of humor, so who knows. I'm fully expecting Sakurai's cat again though. :smirk:

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
D

Deleted member

Tomorrow, the petition about Reggie will be talked about, and then it will be confirmed that Reggie will be in Smash (but hasn't been worked on yet, so nothing to show off). :troll:

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
This is what happens on the eve of a new Nintendo direct... People go insane...
What have I done...
Tomorrow, the petition about Reggie will be talked about, and then it will be confirmed that Reggie will be in Smash (but hasn't been worked on yet, so nothing to show off). :troll:
Reggie is already playable in pokemon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom