• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
New mods= Organization= We won't be able to have hilarious, screwed up conversations any more...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh, and if I was a mod, things might of gone down hill. I don't know, never was a mod for anything. I'm not sure if I would be up to snuff anyway, responsibilities can be stressful.

(No I wouldn't use that power to close threads due to bias, shut it)

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Mods have the worse jobs... Having to wake up every morning and talk seriously on forums where being serious is well... Never taken seriously...
We could start bringing up the question for this thread discussion.

Q: What would you do if you were a mod?
My A: I don't want to be a mod I have more fun being a user

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mods have the worse jobs... Having to wake up every morning and talk seriously on forums where being serious is well... Never taken seriously...

Well, if I were a mod, I'd scold you for this off-topic post. :smirk:

:troll:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord

I would first be SUPER EXCITED OMG!!11!!1SUCH AN HONOR!!eleven!

Then I will probably ruin the site,screw it up,ruin it,drive it to its doom.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

A: I would be lighthearted and humorous on the thread, try my hardest to not have any bias, but be strict and serious when I see potential flame wars. And since this means I can't put gasoline on the fire, I'd train myself to be levelheaded.

I don't know. If I'm able to train myself and withhold my temper, I would love to be a moderator.

D

Deleted member

Having been a mod/admin on other forums at different times, I would certainly have an idea on how to deal with things.

Only problem is, I would have to be 100% mature and calm in order to keep the position here.
.....I wouldn't be able to handle that.
So yeah, I actually hope I never become a mod.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's because you've probably never seen the Disco Room. Used to think Admins/Mods had poker faces until I was invited back there. :laugh:

Anyway congrats to FalKoopa, N3ON, and Venus.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Well, if I were a mod, I'd scold you for this off-topic post. :smirk:

:troll:
That's funny considering the past 2 pages of this thread has been talking about "the mods" LOL.
By the way mods don't scold people and neither do I. Mods must reply in a swift and quick manner to diffuse any negative situation as quickly and as awesomely as possible.

Now that I am thinking about it preaching the question "What would you do if you were a mod" Is kind of like preaching the question "What would you do if you were president?"

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Mods have the worse jobs... Having to wake up early every morning and talk seriously on forums where being serious is well... Never taken seriously... and clean the cauldrons in the dungeon. Make breakfast for the admins. Sweep the castle floors. Stand on top of a pile of banned users to dust the ceiling.
It's really quite difficult imo~

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's funny considering the past 2 pages of this thread has been talking about "the mods" LOL.
By the way mods don't scold people and neither do I. Mods must reply in a swift and quick manner to diffuse any negative situation as quickly and as awesomely as possible.

Now that I am thinking about it preaching the question "What would you do if you were a mod" Is kind of like preaching the question "What would you do if you were president?"
Just a joke, man. :laugh:

Although, to give a serious answer, being a mod wouldn't be too bad. I'd actually kind of like it. I'd just make sure people follow the rules and make sure that if there's a complaint over something, I make a fair and unbiased judgment.

Hong

The Strongest

Ha ha. I administered a community of over a thousand active users before. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Even when someone is upset and I ended up having to clean up pages of goatse and lemon party.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I would first be SUPER EXCITED OMG!!11!!1SUCH AN HONOR!!eleven!

Then I will probably ruin the site,screw it up,ruin it,drive it to its doom.
Like 4chan, GameFAQ'a and just recently Pokemon Online. :laugh:

EDIT: Well to be honest... I have more important things to do than being a mod on this site.
I mean has anyone ever considered than people can act serious and nice but then when they get their position in the house they get rotten and out-of-character.

Actually curious question...

If a mod starts to act like an asshole or just start to go off topic non-stop and spam threads then can their mod title be revoked?

Kind of like anyone who goes to Havard University is considered a God.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
As a respectful norm for the new mods, let's get back on topic :).
What do you expect the most out of Smash 4? and why? Personally I expect a good online server that's lag free most of the time. I expect it the most because the Wi-fi server for Brawl was just awful and received mainly complains which led to Sakurai's statement that he will try to make Smash 4's online experience better.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
Since FalKoopa's a police officer, does this mean he can fix the date of my birthday since I ****ed it up

I asked another one, he sounded off his siren, threatened me with a gun and said "**** off prison meat"

I hate pigs.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
As a respectful norm for the new mods, let's get back on topic :).
What do you expect the most out of Smash 4? and why? Personally I expect a good online server that's lag free most of the time. I expect it the most because the Wi-fi server for Brawl was just awful and received mainly complains which led to Sakurai's statement that he will try to make Smash 4's online experience better.
I expect Totaka's Song...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What about flying pigs?

But in all seriousness the 1 thing I am expecting most from ssb4 is "no mistakes". Seriously if the fandom keeps pressuring Sakurai we could get a Sonic 06 and not a Smash 4
Believe me when I say that it won't happen.

I think the worst thing he has to worry about is his arm.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Congrats to the new mods. Gotta say, I'm a bit jealous.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Can I be a Supervisor instead of a moderator.
You can be the forum Maid and make sure this place is clean which means censoring every dirty word with a nice friendly word like fluff, fresh, meerkat, or splendid.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I think I could make an OK mod, I WAS an Admin on a Wiki before.
Granted, I did ban more people than the other Admins did, and I did give up my powers after I got bored with them.

But hey, if the mods ever need another slave mod, I'll be happy to help. Of course, I'm not expecting this anytime soon. Heck, it'll probably be around the time of Smash 5 :p

Er, smash... PILOTWINGS CHARACTER. Yay or nay?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Thanks everybody ^_^

I'm looking forward to abusing my powers and gradually becoming more power hungry until the people revolt and I collapse under my own dictatorship. :grin::troll:
Nah, I'll follow the rules I guess. No double posting and so on... :p

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just use in moderation.
That.......I see what you did there.

Thank you everyone :) I hope I can contribute some way to this site and (knock on wood) not mess everything up. It is strange to be placed in a authorative position and take up a "serious" face.
And on that note:

While I hate being that guy: let's get back on topic and discuss Smash Wii U/3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom