• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
More Wario Land is desperately needed in Wario.

And his classic look should be his default with the Wario Ware being his alt look.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I agree. But what four moves does Pit have? I saw his two new specials.

* I wanted Sonic but all the roll attacks were lame. Delaying the game for a fast blue Jigglypuff with rollout for every move was a yawnfest.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You can tell Sonic was a rush job. I feel like Sakurai just didn't have the time to implement him properly.

If (and that's not even a big if it's more like WHEN) he returns I think we'll see some new stuff thrown his way for sure.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You can tell Sonic was a rush job. I feel like Sakurai just didn't have the time to implement him properly.

If (and that's not even a big if it's more like WHEN) he returns I think we'll see some new stuff thrown his way for sure.
1. Sakurai didn't even work on Sonic's moveset that is how rushed Sonic was (the same goes with Link).
2. Namco Bandai will definitely do a better job with Sonic than Game Arts did. The jump will be like going from a standard division I college game to the Super Bowl in regards to comparing the two companies talent-wise.
My God, the "Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos" thread is full of morons.
>Clicks on the link*
>>Wants to say "HEY GUYS! HOW YOU ALL DOING=???
>>>Reads multiple posters supporting Gooey as a playable characters and dismissing good ideas left and right.
>>>>Leaves and (hopefully) never returns

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I agree. Not sure if it was on purpose, but there does seem to be a sub-theme in his moveset. Rival of Mario. Similar A (punch combo), Toward A (kick), Smash A (Big Punch), close to old Mario back aerial Donkey kick and from the demos (break dance down Smash which seemed to be changed into a taunt).
* I liked this part, intentional or not.

The Up B and B were good. Even one of the rolling ball specials make sense. But change the other special into something else and change either neutral aerial or Up Smash or both. And the break dance taunt into Down Smash.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Or we cut Sonic and give Dillon a roll based moveset (with Freeze, Bomb, and awesome claw attacks thrown in, of course.)

I'd do it, even if all the rabid sonic fanboys hated my guts forever.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No, don't "replace" Sonic. Sonic has too much potential for greatness, as Project M showed us. Brawl as a whole is just a game filled with untapped potential.

I'd rather we cut a character who has been little positive impact on smash thus far, but Pit, Bowser, and Link were already confirmed (and no, I'm not trolling).
I agree. But what four moves does Pit have? I saw his two new specials.

* I wanted Sonic but all the roll attacks were lame. Delaying the game for a fast blue Jigglypuff with rollout for every move was a yawnfest.
>Pit's up B will inevitably be changed because it is worthless, and I think I saw an aerial or two changed.
>>Sonic needs more variety in his specials and more moves that "flow" with him. Also, his ground momentum should carry over to the air 100%.
More Wario Land is desperately needed in Wario.

And his classic look should be his default with the Wario Ware being his alt look.
If I could agree more, I would. Wario needs more Wario Land moves (see: Project M... DAT SHOULDER BASH), and a Wario Land stage for either or both Smash WiiU and 3DS would be amazing. Oh, and can we actually get at least one Wario Land song=??? Thanks Sakurai!!! :grin:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
His roll attack should give him aerial momentum. His running can carry over a percentage of momentum.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
His roll attack should give him aerial momentum. His running can carry over a percentage of momentum.
And that wasn't in Brawl because it made too much sense, and Game Arts is always about nonsense.
Smash is a game i don't think i can get tired playing.
Eh, I got tired of Brawl after I found out it was boring competitively and casually for me, but eh, Brawl mods.

BTW, YEAH MODDING COMMUNITIES!! They make games so much better. Fallout: New Vegas had terrible glitches, but thanks to the modding community, they fixed most of them, added stuff, and made that game awesome (btw, I totally got the complete edition on a Steam sale for $5 and I have been playing it since).

I don't even need to mention how great the Brawl modding community is. But seriously, go to the Brawl Vault to check out how AMAZING THEY ARE!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wasn't it true that kirby was so jealous of Toon Link's ability to suck so much he decided it was better to walk into enemies and kill them that way - it was less shameful that way

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I finally caught up with my reading on this thread, and man, your guys' conversations suck without me. :p

I should be the Smash Wii U and 3DS Boards Moderator "Conversator." :teeth:
Will he be at 60FPS?
He was always in 60 frames per second.
I am fairly good I guess at improv fighting, but anyone with real fighting experience could beat me. I am strong, but have no technique other than throwing the other guy to the ground (which goes against my physiques because I have a long reach and am thin; I should be throwing punches).
Oh no, my uncle trained me for about 2 weeks in various martial arts (I learned how to whiplash knee people in the face and get a quality rear naked choke!), and about 2 weeks in boxing, and he has competed in every fight sport known to man; that is how I never lost a fight, despite my lack of upper body strength.

This was like 5 years back, but during that time, I learned like over a dozen different punches and punching styles, which is "proof" that I have as to why Little Mac could be such a great playable character in smash bros (along with his classic style and "cartoon-y" approach to boxing).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
That would qualify as a fighting technique so I would have no chance. Then again I fought for my friends (is that Ike's line). I am a peaceful sort and never enter a fight willfully.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
OH MAH GAWD!!! LUIGI CONFIRMED!!!!
That would qualify as a fighting technique so I would have no chance. Then again I fought for my friends (is that Ike's line). I am a peaceful sort and never enter a fight willfully.
Yeah, but that's something I would only use in a potentially life threatening situation (the RNC and kneeing people in the head).

And yeah, fighting a competition is fine, although truth be told, that backyard boxing was one of the stupidest things I've ever done. Hopefully those fools didn't do that again (I didn't), because without trained medical professionals present, you can really screw yourself up. The same goes with more high physical contact sports (like football).

Also, it would be TOTALLY HILARIOUS if Little Mac's Final Smash was giving some super low blow shot!!! :chuckle:
We should have...
M&SG, Falkoopa, N3ON, Venus
So I think we have four now.
Four 3rd party characters confirmed!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh hey, Pilot Wings stage confirmed

SNES version too

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*tries not to post Slowpoke image*
Post a Slowbro image then and stop being so slow... BROOOOO!!!!!
Oh, and if I was a mod, things might of gone down hill. I don't know, never was a mod for anything. I'm not sure if I would be up to snuff anyway, responsibilities can be stressful.
Trust me, once you do it, you respect the mods more. That crap is hard, especially since someone is always on a mod's case on a big forum. I was mod on like 3 threads, none of them bigger than like 70 or so users a day, and these same 2 awful users were always busting my balls... or so they thought. :smirk:

My balls are more steel than Superman! :shades: So BALLS TO YOU!!!

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Still no update, hmm. I'm starting to think we're getting something out of tomorrows direct.

Calling Mac or Mii tomorrow.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
PACMAN COBFIRMED.

Oh baby. Remember when pizza joints had tables which doubled as a Pacman arcarde.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Slow update tonight...

You know what that means!
Sakurai has been slow this week; maybe the Dojo updates are getting pushed back another week=???

Maybe the East Coast should just wake up early instead of wake up super late!!! :chuckle:
Oh, I-Isaac is... is... a-a-a-amazing. Y-yeah, really like I-Isaac... don't shoot me in the face N3ON.
Too bad N3ON killed and buried Isaac with her own bloody hands. :( :sadeyes: :crying: :cry:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
OK, I'm gonna beat 2 levels of Fire Emblem Awakening.
If he doesn't update by then, I'll change my avatar to Captain Planet for a week.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Didn't they say a Nintendo Direct for Wonderful 101 was coming eventually? Is that the one tomorrow?

Wonder Red is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom