• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for in the case of the Mario Mario debacle.

Mario being Mario Mario.

Or Luigi being Luigi Mario and having the first name of the brother he's in the shadow of as a last name.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for in the case of the Mario Mario debacle.

Mario being Mario Mario.

Or Luigi being Luigi Mario and having the first name of the brother he's in the shadow of as a last name.
Those are movie only and was just for the sake of it. Miyamoto is quite clear that the term Mario Bros. doesn't actually give them the last name of Mario. Which is silly, but eh. It's really just that Luigi is Mario's Brother, so they just happen to have that name. No more, no less.(that is, in the games)

He can't, because it's not the future yet.
:link64: me to it later.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I once named an entire website I owned for a fighting game after Pasta.

Your move.
Well I tried the Lady and the Tramp pasta kiss scene with a piece of sushi with my boyfriend. It was fun, but the couples with us agreed that pasta works better.

*Slurping raw fish is hardly sexy, but makes a great noise.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I was just gonna say because it's less stressful thinking about what's underneath those white gloves.

I'd post more about the boxing-glove-hands fetish thing, but I feel like it would overload poor innocent KingofPhantroms47's brain

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I plan to name my future kids after pasta. :troll:

If you don't actually go through with this now the entire smash community will think you are a disgrace and disown you.

I was just gonna say because it's less stressful thinking about what's underneath those white gloves.

I'd post more about the boxing-glove-hands fetish thing, but I feel like it would overload poor innocent KingofPhantroms47's brain

Keep this one in case he doesn't name his children after Pasta.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If you don't actually go through with this now the entire smash community will think you are a disgrace and disown you.
I think we've established the Smash community has far worse things to disown people for.

I knew you cared about me. :rotfl:

I've seen worse, and I'm getting used to that stuff here.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
wish this game just releases tomorrow
I wish both games were released in 2015 or 2016 so we could have the most complete games possible.
Not about the pilotwings stage, but :
It represents a bit my feeling during the past 2 years...
Which is sad, since the quality of Metroid has been consistently amazing with the Prime Trilogy, whereas Zelda has really become something of an ordinary franchise.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wish both games were released in 2015 or 2016 so we could have the most complete games possible.

Which is sad, since the quality of Metroid has been consistently amazing with the Prime Trilogy, whereas Zelda has really become something of an ordinary franchise.
Skyward Sword did not live up to it's full potential, not at all.

Hopefully Zelda HD will.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

...that's creepy, because I was just watching some boxing highlights, and one of the boxers, well... he was wearing white gloves. *shivers*

Speaking of which, if Little Mac is indeed playable (hint: he probably is), he should have different colored gloves for each outfit, or (like I have suggested) if there is a color wheel (where you can change different parts of the outfit), you should be able to change the colors of his shirt, his shorts, his shoes, and his gloves.
Skyward Sword did not live up to it's full potential, not at all.

Hopefully Zelda HD will.
No Zelda game after the Wind Waker has lived up to its' potential, sans The Minish Cap (which was far too short), which honestly might be my favorite Zelda game in the post-Wind Waker Zelda world. The Zelda series needs to just go full Skyrim with exploration, dungeons, and quests, and combine it with the streamlined Skyward Sword combat, a full living world, oh, and way more enemy variety and challenges. It is the future, and unless Nintendo realizes that soon, Zelda franchise sales will continue to plummet.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I got into three actual fights in my life. Won two out of three. The one I lost was going against two people. Only ended up with a black eye and boot print on my forehead. Which is not bad considering.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I wake up and I hear N3ON is also on that mod status. Congrats to the new mods though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What? N3ON's a mod?

I guess we can't make fun of that generic anime guy with gold breasts she likes

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What is all this sad "gaming is dead" talk=??? Dood, there's so many good games that have come out in the last 6 years that I want to play, that I have multiple lists with dozens upon dozens of games on it.

Seriously, it is like the opposite of (blockbuster) movies where I can't see all of the good movies I'll like, and they can't all be counted with your fingers and toes ever years. On top of that, my backlog of games is so long, it could literally take me 10 years to finish that, and then I'll be 15 years behind because my backlog includes very few games from the last 5 years, plus the 10 years of games I would be largely missing out on.
I got into three actual fights in my life. Won two out of three. The one I lost was going against too people. Only ended up with a black eye and boot print on my forehead. Which is not bad considering.
I once got into a "fight" my last day of middle school where this 7th grader was drunk and tried hitting me, but he couldn't, and he broke his hand after he hit a pole... all without me throwing a punch. (and that right there is a huge advantage of being quick, skinny, and having boxing lessons!)

All my other fights I generally just "ended" via stalemates or putting my opponent on the ground before I hurt them badly. Aside from like a fighting competition that is done for competition's sake (boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, MMA, etc done in a safe environment), I detest fighting.

Still, I've been in many backyard boxing matches with friends, but we stopped after we started KO'ing "invites." I once TKO'd 2 guys in back to back fights, one of which was a total KO without the T, and he was out for like 40 seconds. That might have been the most scared I might have ever been in my life. Apparently I found out after that I have like 7 generations of boxing, and that at least 4 generations back everyone of them had a strong right uppercut and/or a left jab. :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Let's talk about how awful Toon Link is and how he totally won't return.
You don't get to live and post in MY THREAD and say that.
inb4bottomwreckedJohncallingyouadirtyPitplayer.
I never thought of that, but sure. :laugh:

OASIS, YOU ARE A DIRTY CAMPY LITTLE PIT PLAYER AND YOU SUCK!!!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I once TKO'd 2 guys in back to back fights, one of which was a total KO without the T, and he was out for like 40 seconds. That might have been the most scared I might have ever been in my life. Apparently I found out after that I have like 7 generations of boxing, and that at least 4 generations back everyone of them had a strong right uppercut and/or a left jab. :laugh:
I am fairly good I guess at improv fighting, but anyone with real fighting experience could beat me. I am strong, but have no technique other than throwing the other guy to the ground (which goes against my physiques because I have a long reach and am thin; I should be throwing punches).

Alzi

Smash Master
It may have been mentioned but there is going to be a Nintendo Direct tonight (well tonight for where I live anyway). Time to hype myself up thinking a smash bros character is going to be revealed and leave disappointed when nothing smash bros related is mentioned.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It may have been mentioned but there is going to be a Nintendo Direct tonight (well tonight for where I live anyway). Time to hype myself up thinking a smash bros character is going to be revealed and leave disappointed when nothing smash bros related is mentioned.
Same with me, but that was almost every day this month after the Olimar reveal in July.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Obama is the best republican president since Eisenhower.

In any case, out of all the veterans I think I want to see Wario or Ganondorf or Mewtwo revamped the most.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Obama is the best republican president since Eisenhower.
Ike Eisenhower is the best communist President since Benjamin Franklin.
In any case, out of all the veterans I think I want to see Wario or Ganondorf or Mewtwo revamped the most.
Sonic too. Sonic has so much potential that is untapped that is just wait, just waiting to be untapped.
Pit is awkward. His moves don't jive. Hopefully he will have more of a coherent moveset.
Which is why it looks like Pit has about 4 new (and thus replaced) moves and will probably have just as many if not mores that were altered in major ways. Hopefully we see this happen with ROB at the very least, and we see it with Wario and Mewtwo (if Mewtwo does indeed return) as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom