• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Personally, its not just that I don't have the time. Its also I don't have the same amount of interest in games that I used (barely any in the modern sense), and I have even less tolerance of idiots and deviants than I used to.

As you get older your interests change, and so does your demeanor to an extent.
Careful, Chrono. If you look down your nose too much your eyes might permanently cross.

Anyways, congrats on Fal and Venus' modship!

Smooth Criminal

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Personally, its not just that I don't have the time. Its also I don't have the same amount of interest in games that I used (barely any in the modern sense), and I have even less tolerance of idiots and deviants than I used to.

As you get older your interests change, and so does your demeanor to an extent.
I can relate to this too. I used to love Pokemon but I practically had to horsewhip myself to get through Black/White and I'm seriously debating whether or not to get X and/or Y. I now find Animal Crossing tedious despite it being one of the definitive games of my high school years. I'm also a lot more concerning about the games I buy when it used to be I'd pretty much buy every major Nintendo release shortly after it came out but now I have no problem waiting until a significant price drop or skipping over them entirely.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
oh hey, Chrono. you know you're still a member of the B room, right? just wondering if you know how to get there since shortie didn't know.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
At the moment, the most notable game that has gained my interest is X. Super Smash Bros. is an alright pass time, but X is giving me that sense of curiosity and excitement since Kid Icarus: Uprising. Love it when different things are happening, but it's also because I'm a big fan of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
No idea if it's been brought up yet but

Nintendo Direct Tomorrow!

Wonder if we'll get any new Smash info.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
no one brought up the Nintendo UK because it's all about 'Merica.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Going back to the Pilotwings stage just cuz Ive missed like 3 pages!- I feel like its gonna be somewhat similar to Pokefloats. Keep in mind Ive never exactly played the game but my idea was that multiple planes and gliders fly around and act as platforms. They move in all 8 possible directions, etc etc.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Quotin' this here because the Finn and Jake character thread got closed, haha. I wonder if replies still give notifications outside of the parent thread?

Agreed.

Also, I see you're close to the Champion rank.

Dang, so I am. And you really blew past me in posts, ha! But only because each of my posts is long-thought and ultimately wise!

Congrats to FalKoopa for his newly bestowed moderatorship!

Say, has anyone here actually played any of the Adventure Time video games? I'm curious if they are awful or awesome or that forgettable space in between.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Quotin' this here because the Finn and Jake character thread got closed, haha. I wonder if replies still give notifications outside of the parent thread?

Dang, so I am. And you really blew past me in posts, ha! But only because each of my posts is long-thought and ultimately wise!

Congrats to FalKoopa for his newly bestowed moderatorship!

Say, has anyone here actually played any of the Adventure Time video games? I'm curious if they are awful or awesome or that forgettable space in between.
I haven't, but I want to.

Also, they do give notifications. I got one when you quoted.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Fal's a mod now?!

Excellent choice if I do say so myself.

Tomorrow we're going to get Mii's announced as playable in the Direct. :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Fal's a mod now?!

Excellent choice if I do say so myself.

Tomorrow we're going to get Mii's announced as playable in the Direct. :troll:
If you want to you can congratulate him on his profile, though if you are anything like Groose (the user) everyone else may have beat you to what you would've wanted to say.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
All these Mii troll faces and yet I think its plausible :p

Question though, do you guys think Mii will come with a moveset intact or do you think the Smash team might actually let us choose from an array of moves from the other Smashers to put into our Miis

For anyone thats played Tekken Tag 2, think Combot

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
All these Mii troll faces and yet I think its plausible :p

Question though, do you guys think Mii will come with a moveset intact or do you think the Smash team might actually let us choose from an array of moves from the other Smashers to put into our Miis

For anyone thats played Tekken Tag 2, think Combot

In b4 everyone and their mother gives their Mii Falcon Punch.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Miis just need to not exist. I'm not saying this because I don't like the idea, I'm saying this because all of the time that would go into programming them would be a horrifying waste. Each character would have to have special hitboxes and such for each individual height and random body part bit, you'd have to find a way to censor the particularity offensive miis... It's just be a disaster.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That's why I think if we get them they won't be super customizable but rather the default appearance for Male/Female Miis.

Basically a general rep for the idea rather than the idea itself.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I must say I was surprised to see Xiivi's invitation to become a mod.

Hope I prove to be of use. :laugh:

(... It does feel strange...)

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I didn't realize how bad Character Discussion section is.

I also didn't realize how low my standards are.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I must say I was surprised to see Xiivi's invitation to become a mod.

Hope I prove to be of use. :laugh:

(... It does feel strange...)
Do you feel this weight!? A weight so great, the littlest mistake you make will feel like the seal you've been given has become more than just a big deal. I hope you will peel through the real image of what it means to be... a moderator.
anyways, congrats... and see you later.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Pilotwings Instructor confirmed. :troll:

Careful... we don't want people to think that Daisy has a chance. False hope is cruel. :troll:
Daisy isn't near the top of my list for next Mario newcomer (either Toad, for being a classic character in SMB1 and SMB2, Waluigi, for being...uh, stuff, and Bowser Jr, for being a secondary antagonist and possibly having a Shadow Mario transformation), but she could have some cool attacks that differentiate her from Peach, like Crystal Smash.

I still think that should've been localized as The Hatchling.

I forgot about that, but I was referring to a projectile that's strictly on the ground. Unlike Thunder Jolt which can go up walls, I envisioned PK Ground to be a low riding projectile that LAUNCHES the opponent. Not a kill move, but it does start a combo.
The hatchling.

Thehatchlingthehatchlingthehatchlingthehatchlingthehatchling

Doesn't have the same ring to it.

There needs to be more mods at the SSB4 character discussion, not the SSB4 general discussion. Have you not seen that section? It's beyond train wreck tier, it's now Titanic disaster tier.
But....
...but I find it entertaining...

Well, I wouldn't go that far.

My first question is how did he find out about this place?
Maybe he originally came here as a spy, but then saw how cool Smash Bros is and switched sides.

I didn't realize how bad Character Discussion section was.
I just assumed they had really low standards.
----

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I almost always failed the plane stages on Pilot Wings SNES.

I haven't played a game in the series since SNES, didn't even know the N64 one existed or I would have gotten it

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'd like it if he got a revamped moveset if he returned.

I'm normally against completely changing parts of a character's moveset, but I'm okay with Toon Link using Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass items, since Young Link is the original Link clone, anyways.

Maybe stuff from Spirit Tracks, but his descendant is conducting the train, so not sure about that.

----

D

Deleted member

Well, (s)he asked how Kumatora could be different from Ness and Lucas. I responded with a C. Viper esque playstyle. At the very least, there's her PK Ground. We haven't had ground riding projectiles yet.
Oh. I didn't see the context.

IGNORE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom