• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lol, Oasis.

But I've prepared myself (:ike:) for the possibility of Toon Link getting cut.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Isn't Toon Link the only real "child Link" that makes appearances now? Young Link is pretty nonexistent after Melee.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You know, I started out on the Smash Character Discussion Thread, but I decided today to just leave for a long time. People on there were getting on my nerves, so I'm staying here. People here are so much nicer anyway.

And congratulations, FalKoopa! You'll make a mighty fine Moderator!

D

Deleted member

So guys?
Pilot confirmed? :troll:

(4:11 features the character you have been playing as the entire game.)

While I'm particularly trolling on this, since it's mocking the "stage = character" reasoning that got people disappointed in no AC character in Brawl, it really wouldn't be that farfetched to see the pilot be one of the retro characters Sakurai revives.

I don't see it though; seems way too obscure of a character, even for Sakurai.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Pit is awkward. His moves don't jive. Hopefully he will have more of a coherent moveset.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well John's a filthy Pac-Man supporter so there.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO FALK, CLOSE MY RIDLEY THREAD HAHAHAhahaohgoodnesspleasedon't.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I may be new here, but I want to say.....
I sort of did that on Fal's profile, but I didn't post a video of it there.

So I lose...

People here are so much nicer anyway.
USUALLY.

Isn't Toon Link the only real "child Link" that makes appearances now? Young Link is pretty nonexistent after Melee.
He pretty much is. And I've never really liked the idea of Young Link in Smash after Melee. Toon Link has more to offer in my opinion.

I actually want Toon Link to return.

I preferred playing him to playing Link.
Agreed. 100%

I'd like it if he got a revamped moveset if he returned.

I'm normally against completely changing parts of a character's moveset, but I'm okay with Toon Link using Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass items, since Young Link is the original Link clone, anyways.

Maybe stuff from Spirit Tracks, but his descendant is conducting the train, so not sure about that.

----
I'd love it if Toon Link was more Luigi-fied, with items such as the Grappling Hook, Skull Hammer, and Deku Leaf. The Deku Leaf could work kind of like a mix of Peach's Parasol and R.O.B.'s Robo Burner; slows your fall and keeps you from using normal attacks, but since it runs on magic power, it will eventually stop working and cause TL to fall into a helpless state. It could also let you press the button again for a Deku Leaf attack like in Wind Waker, but it has fixed low knockback and no damage.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, there was OoT 3D, but Toon Link is the most important "child Link" in the series, IMO.
Then Toon Link should come back, especially since Sakurai views child Link as the "true Link".

For all we know, to Sakurai, Toon Link could be the most important character in the franchise. There's always gonna be two Links, one adult, one child.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If we're going by the "stages = character" mentality, arguably the only stages that can correlate to this is Ferox Arena possibly meaning a character from Fire Emblem: Awakening and the boxing/wrestling stage possibly correlating to Punch-Out!! and Little Mac.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Shulk is in, that might be enough reason to justify taking out Ike since Shulk could fit in the powerful, long range sword playstyle.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Its weird how im so hyped for this game even though i never played a nintendo game before.
Woah, woah, woah, woah.

It's fine.
What games have you played?
Call of Duty is the wrong answer and you will be sent to the spike pit for saying it.

D

Deleted member

If we're going by the "stages = character" mentality, arguably the only stages that can correlate to this is Ferox Arena possibly meaning a character from Fire Emblem: Awakening and the boxing/wrestling stage possibly correlating to Punch-Out!! and Little Mac.
And a Nintendog. :troll:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I must say I was surprised to see Xiivi's invitation to become a mod.

Hope I prove to be of use. :laugh:

(... It does feel strange...)
YOU WERE ONE OF US!
Now... Now you're one of them. nah but seriously, congrats! This was almost a bigger surprise to me than Olimar's reveal as a vet!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So guys?
Pilot confirmed? :troll:

While I'm particularly trolling on this, since it's mocking the "stage = character" reasoning that got people disappointed in no AC character in Brawl, it really wouldn't be that farfetched to see the pilot be one of the retro characters Sakurai revives.

I don't see it though; seems way too obscure of a character, even for Sakurai.
Golden Pilot confirmed! :troll:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

I don't know why, but I want this in the game somewhere. It'd be the most annoying experience ever to fight to this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually. Screw the retriever.

I wanna main a Beagle.

Here's his pummel move.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's okay...

But it's community is one of the worst I've ever seen...
Which is my reasoning for saying what I said about CoD being the wrong answer.

Its community and fanbase altogether is just awful.

At least the Smash community doesn't get off to "tricks" they can do in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom