• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Absolutely... I also expected Wuhu Island to be "shared" between Pilotwings and Wii Sports.
Maybe Wuhu Island is in the game... just not part of Pilotwings series... but rather part of Wii Sports series... even though it originally came from Wii Fit.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wuhu Island has always been about as confirmed as Skyloft was/is. There is no way that stage isn't in Smash WiiU.
Sakurai is unpredictable.... I mean, we expected a Pilotwings Resort stage... but we didn't see this coming.... yes, we did get a Pilotwings stage... but we didn't expect it to be the SNES version.
You know, I'm not shocked by this stage, although the fact it is 16-bit is interesting to me.

In the past few months I have stated I felt that the Super Nintendo/Game Boy era is now truly "retro" (20 or more years old), and thus it could get the retro treatment like what the NES got in Melee and Brawl (where we had 2 8-bit stages in both games, and several more NES-era [inspired] stages in both game as well).

In other words, a Super Mario World stage (probably Bowser's Castle), a classic styled/inspired Mario Kart stage (Rainbow Road with inspiration from each Rainbow Road incarnation please!), a Super Mario Land stage, a Pokémon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow stage, a Super Mario Land 1 or 2 stage, an original F-Zero stage, and yes, a Star Fox (SNES) stage are all stages to keep an eye out for.

Personally speaking, I would love to see a 16-bit EarthBound stage on Smash WiiU, specifically Saturn Valley or Threed.

Edit: And with that said, I am off to bed. Adios Amigos!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
@ shin
I could easily see Miis having a Pilotwings glider as the Up B. In fact, I am willing to say that will happen (and if not, a parachute).

Oh I don't believe a Pilotwings character is all that likely...

We've got the Snes one. The 64 cast out of which the most popular was also the face of NINTENDO POWER magazine. And Pilotwings Resort having Miis.

... yeah Miis are the most likely, but not to represent Pilotwings per se. Might include a glider in their moveset though.

--
A Threed stage would be incredible.

Also support Advance Wars character/stage.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So if this confirms a Pilotwings-character, I don't know if I'd be excited.

But I guess I should. I mean I bet he makes the character so interesting enough that I shouldn't really wait for any characters I'd really be excited to see.

Ah well, we are the minority, I should know that.

*Acts like nothing happened*

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Wuhu Island has always been about as confirmed as Skyloft was/is. There is no way that stage isn't in Smash WiiU.

You know, I'm not shocked by this stage, although the fact it is 16-bit is interesting to me.

In the past few months I have stated I felt that the Super Nintendo/Game Boy era is now truly "retro" (20 or more years old), and thus it could get the retro treatment like what the NES got in Melee and Brawl (where we had 2 8-bit stages in both games, and several more NES-era [inspired] stages in both game as well).

In other words, a Super Mario World stage (probably Bowser's Castle), a classic styled/inspired Mario Kart stage (Rainbow Road with inspiration from each Rainbow Road incarnation please!), a Super Mario Land stage, a Pokémon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow stage, a Super Mario Land 1 or 2 stage, an original F-Zero stage, and yes, a Star Fox (SNES) stage are all stages to keep an eye out for.

Personally speaking, I would love to see a 16-bit EarthBound stage on Smash WiiU, specifically Saturn Valley or Threed.

Edit: And with that said, I am off to bed. Adios Amigos!
...Please let there be a Super Mario Land stage.

Sarasaland hasn't been visited since....forever, and it's hardly mentioned, either.

A Mushroomy Kingdom like scrolling stage set in the skies of the Chai Kingdom, styled after level 4-3. Fight on clouds and platforms while dodging Chickens, Roketons, and Chikakos.

I'd prefer if it had a graphic update though, and not the same 8-bit GameBoy graphics.

----

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pilotwings Instructor confirmed. :troll:

Sarasaland hasn't been visited since....forever, and it's hardly mentioned, either.
Careful... we don't want people to think that Daisy has a chance. False hope is cruel. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

A Mushroomy Kingdom like scrolling stage set in the skies of the Chai Kingdom, styled after level 4-3. Fight on clouds and platforms while dodging Chickens, Roketons, and Chikakos.

I'd prefer if it had a graphic update though, and not the same 8-bit GameBoy graphics.

----
People remember Super Mario Land? :troll:

But yeah, I agree, it'd be kind of neat. They did make a stage based upon Mario Kart, so I can see one based upon other series such as Super Mario Land, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Super Mario RPG(if they can work with Square Enix as is), Mario Sports(in general, this covers the other stuff like Soccer, Tennis, etc.), and/or Mario Party.

While I like them basing it upon some of the latest games, and always having some Mushroom Kingdom course(and sometimes two) since the first game, there's other series to reference.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A Pilotwings stage, huh? Well, that was unexpected... I wonder how will it play.

I believe Sakurai stated that only some stages would be different between versions. (Some stages might mean the majority of stages, though...)
Anyway, I think Wuhu Island could appear in both versions, but I'd think that it's more likely to appear on the Wii U version, considering its debut on Wii Sports Resort. Appearing only on the 3DS version wouldn't be a stretch at all since it's featured in Mario Kart 7 and Pilotwings Resort.

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
Tbh I hope Sakurai does everything within his power to piss off competitive players. Just watching competitive Smashers ***** and moan about even the most trivial things just makes me so happy. :)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Not gonna lie at first glance I thought this was the Mario Circuit from Mario Kart NES

D

Deleted member

Not about the pilotwings stage, but :

It represents a bit my feeling during the past 2 years...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm pretty sure that just because you envision a C. Vipertora it doesn't mean it will happen. Just saying.

Just like how just because I (recently) can envision a Karacina doesn't mean Sakurai would make Lucina like Karas if she was in.
Shame too. A Karas-styled character would be pretty sweet.
Well, (s)he asked how Kumatora could be different from Ness and Lucas. I responded with a C. Viper esque playstyle. At the very least, there's her PK Ground. We haven't had ground riding projectiles yet.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, (s)he asked how Kumatora could be different from Ness and Lucas. I responded with a C. Viper esque playstyle. At the very least, there's her PK Ground. We haven't had ground riding projectiles yet.
...Thunder Jolt? It rides the ground... If that's what you mean, anyway. It can be done in the air, of course. Or do you mean like the Hothead?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thats adorable.

THE BABY
I still think that should've been localized as The Hatchling.
...Thunder Jolt? It rides the ground... If that's what you mean, anyway. It can be done in the air, of course. Or do you mean like the Hothead?
I forgot about that, but I was referring to a projectile that's strictly on the ground. Unlike Thunder Jolt which can go up walls, I envisioned PK Ground to be a low riding projectile that LAUNCHES the opponent. Not a kill move, but it does start a combo.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
So.. Pilotwings hype I guess. But where do you fight? Maybe the platform is a plane or something? Or maybe this isn't even a stage, Sakurai just really likes Pilotwings o:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I forgot about that, but I was referring to a projectile that's strictly on the ground. Unlike Thunder Jolt which can go up walls, I envisioned PK Ground to be a low riding projectile that LAUNCHES the opponent. Not a kill move, but it does start a combo.
Ah, I gotcha. I wonder if MegaMan will have a similar move. And yeah, it'd be cool to see.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ah, I gotcha. I wonder if MegaMan will have a similar move. And yeah, it'd be cool to see.
Here's a video to get an idea of what I had in mind. PK Thunder is Thunder Knuckle. PK Ground is Seismo Hammer. PK Fire is Burning Kick. Not quit sure what the fourth special would be.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Never played that game, so I had to guess which are which moves. But yeah, that sounds pretty cool. We don't have many fighters similar to Captain Falcon at all. I mean, Ganondorf technically, but that's it.

SoldierSunday

Smash Apprentice
Never played that game, so I had to guess which are which moves. But yeah, that sounds pretty cool. We don't have many fighters similar to Captain Falcon at all. I mean, Ganondorf technically, but that's it.
I would love to have more fighters like captain falcon.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thankfully, the specials all look very different.

The only character I think could be similar to Captain Falcon without it being out of character would be Action ******* Capt. Rainbow.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd still prefer Ninten if we ever got three Mother characters, the three main protagonists would be the best bet.
[collapse=Possible moveset adjustments with the three main heroes]Ness:
B- PK Flash: Same as before, perhaps made to be easier to connect.
UpB- PK Teleport: PK Teleport would work with Ness spinning rapidly in the air and then exploding into whatever direction you aim the attack.
SideB- PK Rockin': Replaces PK Fire, works with the same principal, however is a stronger attack with a wider vertical range that no longer traps enemies.
DownB- PSI Magnet: Same as before, no changes needed.

Lucas:
B- PK Freeze: Same as before.
UpB- PK Thunder: Same as before, but can be used multiple times in the air and only results in a helpless animation if you manage to connect it into PKT2.
SideB- PK Fire: Same as before.
DownB- PK Ground: A double sided attack that shoots up large dust clouds that can trap enemies similar to Ness's PK Fire.

Ninten:
B- PK Beam: A long range beam attack.
UpB- 4thD Slip: Reappears above his location, when used on the ground it is a quick dodge to either the left or the right.
SideB- PSI Brainshock: A strong hitting move that traps enemies for a second and flips them around for quick disorientation.
DownB- PSI Shield: A shield that blocks any energy attacks and lessens the blow of other attacks.[/collapse]

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would love to have more fighters like captain falcon.
Same.

Thankfully, the specials all look very different.

The only character I think could be similar to Captain Falcon without it being out of character would be Action ******* Capt. Rainbow.
Not just looking different, since that doesn't mean much. Many moves look different but are pretty similar. I don't just mean clone moves, either. Shadow Ball, Charge Shot, and Aura Sphere look different, but are similar. And none of the characters are clones at all.

But yeah, none the less, I agree. Although one thing to note is that at least for Falcon, his moveset probably came from the original Dragon King The Fighting Games characters, making Polygon Falcon probably the first actual existing character.(we know that Falcon's model was the first one made regardless) Also, this perhaps may be why Falcon is Sakurai's favorite character... cause he was made first.(I say probably, since we don't know if anything but the Polygon model was made first by default. What actual full character was made first, though...)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, I looked around in the other threads and saw that.

The stage looks under-detailed though. I hope they release more info soon.
As of now, I can't even tell how we are supposed to fight on it.

The position it was taken from doesn't show any platforms, and I didn't see anyone on island itself.

Hopefully they release another pic of it this week, if not tonight.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Same.

Not just looking different, since that doesn't mean much. Many moves look different but are pretty similar. I don't just mean clone moves, either. Shadow Ball, Charge Shot, and Aura Sphere look different, but are similar. And none of the characters are clones at all.

But yeah, none the less, I agree. Although one thing to note is that at least for Falcon, his moveset probably came from the original Dragon King The Fighting Games characters, making Polygon Falcon probably the first actual existing character.(we know that Falcon's model was the first one made regardless) Also, this perhaps may be why Falcon is Sakurai's favorite character... cause he was made first.(I say probably, since we don't know if anything but the Polygon model was made first by default. What actual full character was made first, though...)
No, no, no. I was talking about VIPER'S specials.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
lol

In all seriousness though, you can't wish for the game to release tomorrow without wishing for it to live up to what they are developing it to be.

It's better they spend a long time developing it. Not several years, but a reasonable amount. (probably a little over 1 year, or 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom