• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ya know...

Just to cover our bases...

Would Mii really be the character for Pilotwings?
It's possible Pilot Wings Resort, which mainly featured Miis I believe, is the 3DS equivalent of this stage? Still though, I'd be sad if Wuhu Island wasn't picked instead, lol. I guess they can have both.

I mean, seriously don't expect a Pilotwings character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have had a handful of conversations about this very island from Pilotwings being a stage in Smash Bros. from 2007 in the pre-Brawl days to several months ago..

I vaguely remember having such a conversation with people (I know it involved Star and maybe Iblis) about a year ago, in which I think Star had a stage set from it.

Still, I can't say we ever touched on characters deeply, seeing as how all the characters would just simply not work (sans the player, aka the pilot, driving a plane).
People said that about Wii Fit Trainer...

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Hey uh, what if this is confirmation that Masterpieces are in the game?

Kinda outta left field guess but anything is possible with Sakurai!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
True that. Amazing stage rep though. My hats off to Sakurai right now hardcore.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think this is just the background.

Maybe you have to stand on gliders and jump from glider to glider while fighting.

Could be cool.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
People said that about Wii Fit Trainer...
The difference is the Wii Fit Trainer actually does stuff, whereas Pilotwings characters don't, and the Wii Fit Trainer is from a series that has outsold the Smash Bros. 2 to 1 with 50% less games.

I mean seriously, what do Pilotwings characters do=??? Fly planes.

The only character you could make an excuse for a moveset for is the playable character, which would be easier done as part of the Mii (much like how the Balloon Fighter's recovery was made easier to use as part of the Villager). Heck, perhaps the Pilotwings plane could be a part of the Mii's moveset like the Balloon Fighter's Balloon Cap for the Villager and even like Wario's Bike in his moveset.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
To be fair, all Fox did in 64 times was fly space battle ships. Heck, Captain Falcon STILL just drives cars. A Pilotwings character could work.

And to a lesser extent, Villager.

To be fair, all Fox did in 64 times was fly space battle ships. Heck, Captain Falcon STILL just drives cars. A Pilotwings character could work.

Fox is a fighter pilot, had to have some combat training. All of his attacks are based off of his Arwing maneuvers. Laser=Laser, Reflector=Barrel Roll (Barrel Roll Reflected Projectiles), Fire Fox=Boost, Fox Illusion=Light Speed.

Captain Falcon is basically a Power Ranger/Kamer Rider just based on his moves, movement, him shouting out his attacks, and his famous taunt. He was also a bounty hunter.

Villager just uses gimmicky stuff for the most part so I guess it works? We already have like 3 pilots in smash bros, let's find something else. Maybe an Advance Wars character? I dunno.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We already have like 3 pilots in smash bros, let's find something else. Maybe an Advance Wars character? I dunno.
I have been suggesting an Advance Wars character since like 2007, and you and everyone else in the pre-Brawl days know it.

To this day Advance Wars 1 and 2 are some of my favorite games to just pop in and play. They are sooooooo much fun!!!!

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
The difference is the Wii Fit Trainer actually does stuff, whereas Pilotwings characters don't, and the Wii Fit Trainer is from a series that has outsold the Smash Bros. 2 to 1 with 50% less games.

I mean seriously, what do Pilotwings characters do=??? Fly planes.

Representation in Smash Brothers tends to not be about what a series can or can not do. It's about celebrating the history of Nintendo. Which of course, Pilotwings is a part of.

It's why we have character choices like Ice Climbers, ROB and Wii Fit Trainer. They may come off as odd choices (or WTF characters as you all have dubbed them) but every choice made in Smash is about representing a part of Nintendo's history. (Something I think PSASBR should have done instead of market new mediocre third party games).

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Fox is a fighter pilot, had to have some combat training. All of his attacks are based off of his Arwing maneuvers. Laser=Laser, Reflector=Barrel Roll (Barrel Roll Reflected Projectiles), Fire Fox=Boost, Fox Illusion=Light Speed.

Captain Falcon is basically a Power Ranger/Kamer Rider just based on his moves, movement, him shouting out his attacks, and his famous taunt. He was also a bounty hunter.

Villager just uses gimmicky stuff for the most part so I guess it works? We already have like 3 pilots in smash bros, let's find something else. Maybe an Advance Wars character? I dunno.
This could happen with a Pilotwings character, you know.
I was just saying that you don't need to be a seasoned fighter to get into Smash. A Pilotwings character would most likely get the Fox treatment like you listed above.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

...Fox was on the ground with a Rocket Launcher in 64 as well. Same with Falco, Slippy, and Peppy. This is actually incorrect. He could fight outside of his fighter. Captain Falcon had a comic of him fighting using his gun. Even the F-Zero games acknowledged he could very well fight, including the Falcon Punch in one of GX's theme songs.

Really, everybody playable in Smash has shown the capability to fight entirely. Villager could attack the animals with his Net and Axe, to note. Wii Fit Trainer is naturally fit for fighting. As in, she exercises well, and so on.

Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. are possibly the only exceptions ever. Mr. Game & Watch is a combination of all of his games into a character, and didn't exist as an actual character till Melee. As for R.O.B., he had Mario Kart DS where he threw items(he can do this with Gyromite in Brawl, notably), and was technically the star of two NES games.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This could happen with a Pilotwings character, you know.
I was just saying that you don't need to be a seasoned fighter to get into Smash. A Pilotwings character would most likely get the Fox treatment like you listed above.
It could happen, but it won't; at least not in these 2 games.

If anything, a Pilotwings move (just the plane, lol) is used for the Mii as part of the Miis moveset, like how the Villager uses the Balloon Fighter's Balloon Helmet.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pilotwings got a stage... and it's the SNES version? How are we gonna fight on it if it's flat? Oh.... we are going to fight on 16-bit pixelated biplanes while the stage shows off Mode 7 graphics. :awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Are you kidding, R.O.B. watched on with a blank expression as he crushed monsters to death with the push of a button.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Pilotwings characters do:

Glide gliders.
Ride helicopters.
Shoot themselves out of cannons.
Parachute.
Fly Rocket Belts (jetpacks)

Maybe planes too, but I dunno... Basing this on Pilotwings 64 since it's the one I've played.

I can see the Cannon shooting being an Up+B.
The Rocket Belt being a Neutral B
The Glider being a Side B
And the Parashute being a Down B (acting like Game and Watch's parachute from Melee)

And if anyone says they're all recovery moves... this didn't stop Metaknight. :p

I have been suggesting an Advance Wars character since like 2007, and you and everyone else in the pre-Brawl days know it.

To this day Advance Wars 1 and 2 are some of my favorite games to just pop in and play. They are sooooooo much fun!!!!

Duuuude I know. I've been a huge fan of Advance Wars since day 1. Still waiting for a 3DS Advance Wars lol.

I'm thinkin' Andy/Jake, Sami, or Max, hell even Jesse.

Did I mention how ****ing dope the music is in that game? For a 16/32 bit game it had some killer base lines and drums in the game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know, the more I think about it, the more I think a direct ported stage from the original Star Fox is gonna happen (Star Fox 2, lol!).

Also, MacBeth from Star Fox 64 (3D) would make a great stage for Smash 3DS.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai is unpredictable.... I mean, we expected a Pilotwings Resort stage... but we didn't see this coming.... yes, we did get a Pilotwings stage... but we didn't expect it to be the SNES version.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Sakurai is unpredictable.... I mean, we expected a Pilotwings Resort stage... but we didn't see this coming.... yes, we did get a Pilotwings stage... but we didn't expect it to be the SNES version.
Absolutely... I also expected Wuhu Island to be "shared" between Pilotwings and Wii Sports.

But the 16-bit flat version of the Snes Pilotwings was... wow... Great stuff. I was about to log off and go to sleep (6am over here) but I don't feel like doing that anymore, lol.
(This gives me a tiny bit more hope for anything StarTropics related)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ shin
I could easily see Miis having a Pilotwings glider as the Up B. In fact, I am willing to say that will happen (and if not, a parachute).
Duuuude I know. I've been a huge fan of Advance Wars since day 1. Still waiting for a 3DS Advance Wars lol.

I'm thinkin' Andy/Jake, Sami, or Max, hell even Jesse.

Did I mention how ****ing dope the music is in that game? For a 16/32 bit game it had some killer base lines and drums in the game.
1. Agreed with waiting on Advance Wars for the 3DS.
2. It has to be Andy.
3. The music is amazing.
4. Could you imagine Advance Wars on the Wii U=??? It might even be as hot as the Wii U sales currently!!! :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom