• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Speaking of which, what costume would Kirby have for WFT? Her hair? Or would he have a blue bra with the words "Wii Fit" on it?

----
As much as a female Kirby is appealing, he could have an exercising outfit. Wristbands and something akin to a regular sweatsuit(like a Wrestler's).

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I actually started (and completed) all the classic Metroids. The only real difference was Super Metroid's monologue.

For the record, I know Japanese, so I'm just kinda squinting/muting the TV when anyone says anything.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I predict Friday is when we'll get something.
Something.
That could be anything guys keep in mind.

I hunger

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, why people want more Star Fox characters (Krystal, Leon, etc.) when Samus and Yoshi have been all alone for 15 years is odd to me. I understand it's about the characters, not the representation, but enough space animals is enough.
Well some people just want a Star Fox alternative that aren't the same kind of "spacies."

Others like them so much they want more. This makes sense, seeing as how the spacies have some of the best movesets and playstyles in smash ever. I mean, Fox is very exciting to watch in Smash 64 and Melee, and Falco in Melee has some of the best highlights ever.

Oh, and some people just really like Krystal, whether because they like her, they like her potential, or they want a magic and/or staff wielding character.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
WELCOME TO MIIVERSE NIGHTLY UPDATE, WHERE RIDLEY IS TOO BIG AND GOKU 4 SM4SH IS AS COMMON AS FLIES FLYING!
Today's first post is... Well, see for yourself.

Uh.... What.
Well, maybe a tired old fella can make more sense.

Alrighty Then, good nigh-WAIT WHAT? Just.... WHAT?
Ugh... Here's false character deconfirmation....

I can't think of anything snappy or sarcastic to reply with, so... Onto the next post!?

Links final smash is like clouds omnislash way from final fantasy. It ain't no sense to put him on smash bros.

Finally, our vintage post of the night! Yaaay!

Who's samuse? You mean Metroid? Wow, I didn't know it had guy amro! The pl0t thikens!!11 o.o

Well, that's all for tonight, have a good night and enjoy the pic of the day!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sigh... Things like this make me cry at night...

Why can't people with differing opinions be civil to each other about them in the smash world? why must civility be so hard to find, and be had by so few...
Because HugS is 100% right; 80% of Brawl's stages should have been banned from the beginning. It will be mostly the same with the Smash WiiU and 3DS.

In competitive tournaments people want to see the best players fight the best players, not the best players fight the stage. You can't do that on most stages.

And besides, if you know anything about competitive smash, you'd know that HugS has been around over a decade, he played for about half a decade when freaking Poké Floats, Flat Zone, stalling on Princess Peach's Castles, Mushroom Kingdom (Melee), Green Greens (so much camping). Corneria (that side camping), and a few other stages on Melee.

Then in Brawl he had to suffer months and years of stages like Mushroomy Kingdom (I can't believe I went to a tournament where that was legal; myself and others raged at the TO, but he was like "nah, we gotta try all deh stagers!"), Mario Circuit, The Bridge of Eldin, Pirate Ship (water = camping/stalling), Frigate Orpheon (those random flips are stupid) Norfair (my God Meta Knight can camp there), Pokémon Stadium 2 (half of the transformations create a stalling state, and this stage was legal largely until like 2009), Skyworld (those breaking floors made it unbearable, and this stage went unbanned until like 2010 or 2011!), Green Hill Zone (terribly designed stage), etc. etc. etc. Heck, Hanebow was legal at a tournament I went to; Hanebow! It wasn't even troll legal, it was flat out legal!

I mean, who are you to insult the validity of HugS and say he is wrong when he clearly has logged in a few hundred times as many tournament hours than you or I.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Dont hate me but sometimes when I'm messing around in Giant/Stamina/Heavy/Fast modes, I wish there was a competetive scene for it because some characters have really drastic changes (Bowser in Fast, Link in Stamina, etc.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dont hate me but sometimes when I'm messing around in Giant/Stamina/Heavy/Fast modes, I wish there was a co petwtive scene for it because some characters have really drastic changes (Bowser in Fast, Link in Stamina, etc.)
That could actually be pretty interesting. I think it's the fact that it requires an entirely new meta to do so. It'd be solely side events, but still.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
One of these days you'll be right. :awesome:

Possibly today. :p
To be fair, IsmaR and Fastblade joked about Link and Samus respectively, both talkin about them having crappy recoveries, and then we got an update where the two were getting launched off Dr. Wily's Castle! :laugh:

But yeah if I'm right, that is the 2nd (and 3rd) Smash game I was right about Diddy Kong on accident for.

A few hours before Diddy Kong was confirmed in Brawl I told a Diddy Kong hater "I wouldn't be surprised if Diddy Kong was confirmed tonight!" :chuckle:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait a minute.

That's Pilotwings! Isn't it?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pretty sure it's a Pilotwings stage.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yep. That's definitely Pilotwings.

Don't tell me we're getting a Pilotwings character...

D

Deleted member

Strange that we would get a Pilotwings stage for the Wii U version; Pilotwings Resort was on 3DS.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, IsmaR and Fastblade joked about Link and Samus respectively, both talkin about them having crappy recoveries, and then we got an update where the two were getting launched off Dr. Wily's Castle! :laugh:

But yeah if I'm right, that is the 2nd (and 3rd) Smash game I was right about Diddy Kong on accident for.

A few hours before Diddy Kong was confirmed in Brawl I told a Diddy Kong hater "I wouldn't be surprised if Diddy Kong was confirmed tonight!" :chuckle:
If it makes you feel any better, I absolutely knew Diddy Kong would be in Brawl. I also knew of Rare's issues during Melee, so of course him not being in wasn't that surprising. Likewise, I also knew the Pokemon Gym/Evolution theme would be in.(albeit, I knew the Gym part was, but the Evolution part wasn't predicted) Of course, I wanted the anime version, not the mediocre game version. Namely because the anime version had a very excellent amount of instruments used, making it basically a really upbeat music that made you feel like a winner alone.

@GY: Most of the Pilotwings games were on Consoles, to be fair.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
PILOTWINGS CHARECTOR CPNFERMED11!1!1
I can see it now...

Pilot Wings characters = To Smash WiiU (or more likely Smash 3DS) what Animal Crossing characters were to Brawl.

Lots of people clamoring for them just because of the stage, but it never happening because Sakurai never even thought about it (yet).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If there was a Pilotwings character, who would it even be?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom