• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'd say Mother should get **** while Sakurai should focus more on Samus and the Metroid franchise alone for a new rep. I'm indifferent on the idea of a new F-Zero rep for obvious reasons while the happy hermaphroditic dino (Yoshi) is better of being forever alone since adding characters like Shy Guy (an enemy) and Kamek (a cowardly wizard) would make 0 sense.
How would adding Shy Guy make zero sense? I'm genuinely confused.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How would adding Shy Guy make zero sense? I'm genuinely confused.
I'll just say this. Just like there's a Yoshi and Shuy Guy species, there's got to be a main member of that species being represented that is different form the others. The green Yoshi always been buddies with Mario (the modern young Yoshi) and the protector of the babies (old school Yoshi) making him unique from the other Yoshi's for being attached to a human for a certain amount of time other than just for a short ride and talks (like in Mario Kart Wii) unlike the others. When it comes to a Shy Guy, it is rather difficult. Despite the fact that the most common species of Shy Guys are the red ones, there is no main Shy Guy that appears with the exception of the one from spinoffs like Mario Party 4 and Mario Kart 7. The worst part is that he is not that unique compared to the rest of his species other than being a racer/guide. I'm usually against the idea of making a grunt like him or Koopa playable.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Because they're awful characters.

They're both awesome, and Kamek has a lot of potential.

Shy Guy is more of an enemy/species, but the amount of species and types would allow it to have a wide and great moveset, but in that sense it would be similar to the Villager, and it's also unlikely due to being an enemy, as I said.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I'd say Mother should get **** while Sakurai should focus more on Samus and the Metroid franchise alone for a new rep.
Yea, Adam can be in the game.
It would work like Pokemon trainer, except with Adam as the trainer and Samus as the Pokemon.
All of Samus' moves would be changed too.
All she can do is give long bland monologues and have flashbacks.
so clever

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
I'll just say this. Just like there's a Yoshi and Shuy Guy species, there's got to be a main member of that species being represented that is different form the others. The green Yoshi always been buddies with Mario (the modern young Yoshi) and the protector of the babies (old school Yoshi) making him unique from the other Yoshi's for being attached to a human for a certain amount of time other than just for a short ride and talks (like in Mario Kart Wii) unlike the others. When it comes to a Shy Guy, it is rather difficult. Despite the fact that the most common species of Shy Guys are the red ones, there is no main Shy Guy that appears with the exception of the one from spinoffs like Mario Party 4 and Mario Kart 7. The worst part is that he is not that unique compared to the rest of his species other than being a racer/guide. I'm usually against the idea of making a grunt like him or Koopa playable.
Aren't all the Pokémon generic and not a certain one?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If we want to be really technical, Shy Guys come from Doki Doki Panic, before it was turned into SMB2.
That was always a Mario game from the start, actually. Miyamoto first created it as a Mario game, then it became Doki Doki Panic, than they edited it back to normal.

@MexM: Kind of. Mewtwo was one of a kind till X/Y. Also, the Pikachu in Smash was based upon Ash's.(at least the 64 version, mind you) They may or may not be.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
That was always a Mario game from the start, actually. Miyamoto first created it as a Mario game, then it became Doki Doki Panic, than they edited it back to normal.
Shouldn't Pikmin then be considered a Mario game too? :troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The amount of Shy Guy disapproval makes me sad...

You just can't tell with the mask...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aren't all the Pokémon generic and not a certain one?
Now for Pokemon, it is a different story since you actually bond and train them unlike other species in various Nintendo games and usually takes notes from the anime in terms of characterizing them minus a select few. Pikachu's in for being the face of Pokemon, Jigglypuff was a relatively popular in Japan for rare Pokemon, Mewtwo was popular choice to rep the legendaries, Lucario was into promote 4th Gen, ect. Usually it goes down to popularity in terms of Pokemon, making that case much different from the Yoshi/Shy Guy issue.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How so?
That was always a Mario game from the start. Miyamoto first created as Super Mario 128, then it became Pikim.
I think it's quite close.
Pikmin didn't become a Mario game at all like Doki Doki Panic did. That's a huge difference. Doki Doki Panic was always a Mario game. Pikmin did start as a Mario demo, but became its own franchise and stayed that way. Likewise, the Pikmin characters didn't become Mario characters either.

They only have a similar start, but beyond that, are extremely different.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Pikmin didn't become a Mario game at all like Doki Doki Panic did. That's a huge difference. Doki Doki Panic was always a Mario game. Pikmin did start as a Mario demo, but became its own franchise and stayed that way. Likewise, the Pikmin characters didn't become Mario characters either.

They only have a similar start, but beyond that, are extremely different.
Nono, in my quote I never said "then it became Pikmin, then Miyamoto later made it to Mario 128". It's just a joke man. :chuckle:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nono, in my quote I never said "then it became Pikmin, then Miyamoto later made it to Mario 128". It's just a joke man. :chuckle:
Ah, k. Honestly, I'm a little tired. Sorry bout that.

Moving on, though. ...I wish I had a good subject. >_<

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Well, my 3DS battery is dying so it is a dying system.

Please kill me for the bad joke.
Ok.
*takes out Ragnell, does a Hadouken then fires 10,000 bullets from a sub machine gun into stomach then Kamehamehas Mex then blasts him with a Skyward Strike, then grabs a Mega Mushroom and steps on Mex while tossing Arwings at him while Ridley is too big then I grab a GameCube Controller and shove it down Mex's throat and I finish with Jigglypuff's Rest, causing Mex to explode into tiny bite sized pieces.*

....er, Smash. Right.
What would you all think if Shiverburn Galaxy was a stage?

Also, don't forget about HellValleySkyTree...
I'd be indifferent since any stage from Mario Galaxy would be amazing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anyone remember when the 3DS was a "Dying" system?
Ah, those were the dark times until great big sellers came along and the price for the handheld was cut. Then again the 2011 earthquake/tsunami was to blame for the 3DS's launch and the Wii U early development. The overall situation reminds me of the time Cashcom blamed it for them being forced to make Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

@FBS I'll think about it since the overall idea seems tempting, but I won't get my hopes too high about Yoshi having a buddy to join the roster like Wario.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Would anyone like a partial reveal such as Kirby with a hat of a newcomer? Or would that be frustrating?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Would anyone like a partial reveal such as Kirby with a hat of a newcomer? Or would that be frustrating?
I'd like that. We still have to speculate playstyle and moveset anyway at this point. :laugh:

Plus, the hat might not be entirely obvious (though it probably would).

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Nope, that'd be awesome. It'd have to be something obscure, though. Ridley, Dixie, Chrom, K Rool, etc. Would be too obvious.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
OH GEEZ VILLAGER KIRBY IDEAS SCARE ME.

[collapse=Look at your own risk...]
[/collapse]

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
OH GEEZ VILLAGER KIRBY IDEAS SCARE ME.

[collapse=Look at your own risk...]
[/collapse]
OH MY GOSH!

A BROKEN IMAGE!!!

Anyone remember when the 3DS was a "Dying" system?
I never paid too much attention to sales, so I never saw it as a failing system.

It had Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, a portable remake of Ocarina of Time, and a future Smash Bros game on the way, so I liked it.

Of course, now that the 6th generation of Pokemon is on the 3DS, I'm expecting sales to boost considerably.

Aw man, that would spark so much discussion and arguing, and of course, more "Sakurai is a troll" comments.

Speaking of which, what costume would Kirby have for WFT? Her hair? Or would he have a blue bra with the words "Wii Fit" on it?

----

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I tested a theory today while doing a Metroid-marathon. Changed all languages to not-English. The theory was if you can't understand anything, it's better.
I assume this is directed towards Other M, right?
The Prime games have a great storyline (even though MP3's voice-acting wasn't anything exceptional).

@RebelliousTreecko

I think Kirby would just have WFT's hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom