• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm mostly a casual, but I still like to work on my skills and watch tournaments and such.

I plan on stepping it up (:sonic:) for Smash 4 and join the competitive community then. I'll still be a casual most of the time though.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
What are the current results, by the way? I couldn't tell.
Mario - 1038
Onimusha looking guy - 1633
Chun Li - 2058
Luffy - 3616
Misaka - 12689 (Has the biggest number)
League of Legends looking Guy 1 - 1805
Mai Shiranui - 4152
Iori - 11165
Sol FREAKING Badguy - 1265
League of Lengends looking Guy 2 - 1375
Good style, but it kind of reminds me of Tangled.

And Ganondorf's face just isn't right.
Pretty much what most people said.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
SmashChu may always be anti-competitive whenever he speaks, but the elitists who hold competitive play too seriously aren't any better.
The elitists you usually see making fools of themselves are generally newfags who just discovered how to perform ATs and want to convert everyone to a playstyle that isn't for everyone. If an experienced player shares his/her opinion it's likely this person won't talk down to you or even attempt to argue since we know that almost always leads nowhere. The belligerent elitists are the last people you should listen to since they're likely less experienced and skilled than a tourney regular.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Mario - 1038
Onimusha looking guy - 1633
Chun Li - 2058
Luffy - 3616
Misaka - 12689 (Has the biggest number)
League of Legends looking Guy 1 - 1805
Mai Shiranui - 4152
Iori - 11165
Sol FREAKING Badguy - 1265
League of Lengends looking Guy 2 - 1375

Pretty much what most people said.
Only the guy with 1805 is from League. His name is Garen

I know AoT is popular and all, but for it to be beating Mario, Garen, Luffy, and Chun Li is pretty surprising imo.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Only the guy with 1805 is from League. His name is Garen

I know AoT is popular and all, but for it to be beating Mario, Garen, Luffy, and Chun Li is pretty surprising imo.
Ah ok. I don't play league so i wouldn't know. I'm just guessing because both looked like they're from the same game to me.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I can't properly see that page,what game is that?
Also,I'm surprised Mario is the last,not that he has to be high,just that I expected him anywhere but last.
Well considering it's a fighting game, it makes sense that the other guys have more votes. (half of them are from fighting games)

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
The elitists you usually see making fools of themselves are generally new***s who just discovered how to perform ATs and want to convert everyone to a playstyle that isn't for everyone. If an experienced player shares his/her opinion it's likely this person won't talk down to you or even attempt to argue since we know that almost always leads nowhere. The belligerent elitists are the last people you should listen to since they're likely less experienced and skilled than a tourney regular.
Be quiet, you're going to make Admiral Pit angry.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Like anyone actually gave a **** about what he had to say.
Well most of his cult is gone... or still at GameFAQs.

As long as they don't breed (I think they scare away women/are afraid of women, so I'm not afraid of that; note this doesn't apply when they turn from this cult; they can breed all they want after that IMO), don't come here, and no more of them join the BRoom (we have a few; that is a few too many) I am fine with that.
SmashChu may always be anti-competitive whenever he speaks, but the elitists who hold competitive play too seriously aren't any better.
I've heard about such people, but I've never met them.

Granted, I have met and/or played with guys like Mango, Shroomed, PPU, Scar, SFAT, HugS, Lucky, Zhu, etc.

Maybe if you stopped listening to stereotypes you'd realize that as well and not sound like an ignorant fool and stop implying most of the competitive community is that way, when in actuality it is a ridiculously small minority; you know, like people who rag on competitive players.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
I don't really visit other boards but all I know about Admiral Pit is that he talks a lot about Kid Icarus when speculating.
Go see the Basic Brawl Replays thread, that'll give you a quick sample of what he's like.

Speaking through experience, he's extremely childish. Takes Smash Bros WAY too seriously, despite only being a wi-fi player (only reason tourneyfags don't bash him constantly is because he always has mods on speed dial). Will instantly hate you if you have any negative opinions about Pit or Kid Icarus (he gave me death threats and told me that he hopes my family dies painfully one time just because I said I think Pit is lame). Cries constantly about people using high tier characters, or characters in general that aren't Pit, Bowser or a female. Speaking of female, if you are one, he's more than likely stalked you some time in the past.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What I have learned about Pit Brawl players and Kid Icarus fans: are among the most annoying people on the Brawl Boards, and they made the pre-Armada Peach Boards look like the smartest group ever (and people used to hate them; that is why Ken made that meme about them and dissed them so much back in the day).

Speaking of which, does anyone else remember when people basically cried 1-3 years ago when I said Medusa in all likelihood won't be playable=??? And then when I said that about Palutena, those same people lost their minds. Now that Medusa has been dethroned, and Palutena's popularity has taken a sizable hit, I'd say I'm looking pretty smart for actually calling a "trend" a "trend." But hey, that is what happens with fanboyism.
SmashChu is a decent guy.

Untill he starts arguing. And spreads anti-competitive Smash propaganda.

Ah well, opinions can differ, but one can expect SOME SLIGHT OPPOSITION with an attitude like that on a forum called SmashBoards. :smirk:
Whenever SmashChu isn't talking about anti-competitive stuff, character discussion, or business and not telling us as an extension that he is better than all of us he is decent... which is maybe like 1/1,000th of his posts. Still, that isn't SLIGHT OPPOSITION. He literally thinks he is a savior to the competitive scene and players, and he acts like he knows everything about competition in video games (and how it is doomed), while thinking us competitive players don't know anything about casual play (hint: all competitive smash players were previously casual smash players; the inverse is not true).

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
What I have learned about Pit Brawl players and Kid Icarus fans: are among the most annoying people on the Brawl Boards, and they made the pre-Armada Peach Boards look like the smartest group ever (and people used to hate them; that is why Ken made that meme about them and dissed them so much back in the day).

Speaking of which, does anyone else remember when people basically cried 1-3 years ago when I said Medusa in all likelihood won't be playable=??? And then when I said that about Palutena, those same people lost their minds. Now that Medusa has been dethroned, and Palutena's popularity has taken a sizable hit, I'd say I'm looking pretty smart for actually calling a "trend" a "trend." But hey, that is what happens with fanboyism.

I can actually vouch for that

The only Pit user I remember seeing that I didn't think was a ginormous fagbag was some guy named Haven.
Which made it hilarious, because Admiral Pit hated the **** out of him.

Though, not long after joining here, I remember making a joke post about beating up Pit in Smash Bros, instantly some overhyped Kid Icarus fan shows up and tries to turn it into a heated discussion.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Well most of his cult is gone... or still at GameFAQs.
I meant anyone cool like us. ;)
Be quiet, you're going to make Admiral Pit angry.
Admiral Pit's already a laughing stock in some Smash circles since he's always making posts that reek of self pity and tries to take a holier-than-thou stance because he plays Pit over a higher ranked character. He often mentions elitists giving him guff over stuff that doesn't even matter but it's only once in a blue moon that anyone tells him to cut the crap and actually make a decent reply that doesn't involve pointing at elitists. I really wish he would gain some perspective and try to add more substance to his posts.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman

Admiral Pit's already a laughing stock in some Smash circles since he's always making posts that reek of self pity and tries to take a holier-than-thou stance because he plays Pit over a higher ranked character. He often mentions elitists giving him guff over stuff that doesn't even matter but it's only once in a blue moon that anyone tells him to cut the crap and actually make a decent reply that doesn't involve pointing at elitists. I really wish he would gain some perspective and try to add more substance to his posts.
Those "elitists" you mention are probably just people that are tired of his elitist bull****. He's the kind of person that starts an argument, but then plays the victim whenever he talks himself into a corner (which is like, every time). Guy's a lost cause after 5 years of his delusional nonsense.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The only thing I know about Admiral Pit is that he's abnormally horny about Palutena. Then again hanging around the character sections is not my forte.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anyone who brags about playing a non-top 8 character who plays Pit is automatically silly. I played Toon Link for 3 years and never bragged about it, and on top of that, unlike Pit players, I didn't camp like it's World War I and we're in the bunkers. Really though, bragging is overrated.
You are right about that girlfrannnd. ;)

I'm so glad GameFAQs exists BTW. If any smart users are there, we poach them off; if there are stupid users there, we need them be.

And thus we created the Smash Bros. fanbase caste system!!! :chuckle:

@ Habby Habby Habby
I find that staying around the cool character threads (like Ridley and the K. Rool Boards) that are run by cool people (like Oasis and BKupa) are the best threads. Really, the person who dictates the thread is the person essentially running it, who is more than often the OP. Heck, shortie's Krystal thread is a decent read, and I don't want Krystal at all! :chuckle: (that is because shortie knows his stuff)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, according to John, I'm an abortion of humanity because I chose Pit over other characters and does like Kid Icarus. Meh, whatever floats his boat.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, according to John, I'm an abortion of humanity because I chose Pit over other characters and does like Kid Icarus. Meh, whatever floats his boat.
No, I just think that Pit in Brawl had awful specials and poorly designed aerials. Oh, and his voice actor was terrible.

At least in Smash WiiU and Smash 3DS they fixed him up.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, I just think that Pit in Brawl had awful specials and poorly designed aerials. Oh, and his voice actor was terrible.

At least in Smash WiiU and Smash 3DS they fixed him up.
I only found an issue with his voice actor in the US version. He seemed pretty good otherwise moveset-wise. I didn't see any issues.

Oh, you meant awful as in they were not made well overall, not "they sucked". Yeah, agreed they could use work, save his Up B and B.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
Pit's side-B was the most annoying thing to me. The priority it had against certain moves was bad enough, but to also make it a reflector was just ridiculous imo.

I hope they fix that, or better yet, get rid of it.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
why couldn't the Smashbros site be as detailed and as robust as the brawl site?
you only get pics... ever! and maybe you get a trailer but we have yet to see that, olimar and pikmin didn't get a trailer!

music isn't available to sample, we can't see the moves all set up.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Pit's side-B was the most annoying thing to me. The priority it had against certain moves was bad enough, but to also make it a reflector was just ridiculous imo.

I always thought the reflective qualities were redundant with his Down Special, anyway. Glad they changed that move completely to the Upperdash Arm.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Hated that attack, always have.

Glad it was replaced, the Upperdash looks much cooler too.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
The belligerent elitists are the last people you should listen to since they're likely less experienced and skilled than a tourney regular.
What happens when belligerent elitists ARE skilled regular tournament goers?

and no more of them join the BRoom
And then they get in the BRoom?

This has happened before and will happen again.

Speaking of interesting names, anyone here ever talked with T0MMY? If you haven't, DON'T. When you points out he uses fallacies, he uses fallacies to "prove" your accusation is wrong. Then when you point out THOSE fallacies are wrong, he does so again. The cycle NEVER end. And the fallacies he uses are numerous, and he doesn't know the full definitions of some of them when saying he didn't use them.

And BOY is he elitist. Then tries to act as though he isn't. Instead of talking about points in discussion or debate, he finds any way he can to get around doing so and presenting as little as possible while ignoring any points he can.

I tried discussing with him, and I just had to quit. He'll decide his side was "victorious" his like minded friends will agree, and they'll say I'm an idiot regardless, might as well save stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom