• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I always thought that picture of Ridley was very weird looking. Yet it gets plastered everywhere anyhow...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Stopped subscribing about a year or so before it ended. I just never got around to re-subscribing, not to mention I was a little annoyed that some issues got lost in the mail more than once. Such a shame it ended, there will never be another gaming magazine with as much of an impact on gaming culture as it had.

I was thrilled a few years back to discover that my older Brother kept some of his old NPs in our basement closet. Stuff from the SNES to early N64 era starting with Volume 34 (Zelda: ALttP). Funny thing is that now NPs, especially older issues (bar a few), are worth a fair amount of money.

Also NP made awesome players guides. Much better than the crap Prima keeps putting out.
OMG... I remember Nintendo's player guides... They were awesome... Very detailed maps and lots of information. Too bad Nintendo doesn't make player's guides anymore... Prima might not be as good as Nintendo but it's better than nothing. I only have one Prima guide and it's for Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I use it to look at the furniture and clothes and come up with ideas for decorating my house.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
What did i just watch? is that hacks or can you actually customize them that much?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also NP made awesome players guides. Much better than the crap Prima keeps putting out.
I still have a DKC2 guide, and it has all the pictures, all the maps with all the secrets (and there was A LOT!), all the artwork, every enemy, every bonus, every challenge, every collectible, and literally every secret.

Also, in the Prima Guide for MGS3 they literally were too lazy to figure out one of the bosses, and to find about half of the hidden frog trophy things.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know what is better and faster than driving an invisible car=???

Wavedashing, especially by Mr. Wavedash, Luigi.

*waits for Chu to say it is too fast and that anything fast is evil because it promotes competition, including cars*

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
SmashChu is a decent guy.

Untill he starts arguing. And spreads anti-competitive Smash propaganda.

Ah well, opinions can differ, but one can expect SOME SLIGHT OPPOSITION with an attitude like that on a forum called SmashBoards. :smirk:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Chu always striked me as the type of person who learns the evils of politics for the first time and try to turn everything into a political discussion because of it

He loved telling us about his business major

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
SmashChu may always be anti-competitive whenever he speaks, but the elitists who hold competitive play too seriously aren't any better.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I hate politics. I guess in a theoretical sence, they work. Only thing that bothers me are the politicians. :rolleyes:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I blame stupid people buying stupid propaganda. Also, racists.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Mario is on a poll as a choice for being a guest in a fighting game. Along with the Queen of Boobs, Queen of thighs, SOL FREAKING BADGUY, Monkey whats his face Luffy, and Misaka from Attack on Titan. Theres also what i think is an Onimusha guy and League of Legends characters. Oh and Iori from KOF.
http://xd.qq.com/act/a20130718guess/

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
SmashChu may always be anti-competitive whenever he speaks, but the elitists who hold competitive play too seriously aren't any better.
Yeah, but you still shouldn't spread your anti-competitive message by saying "Competitive players are playing it wrong." Just let people play how they want.

The ironic thing is, SmashChu was actually pretty competitive when it came to defended his anti-competitive ways. :chuckle:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Mario is on a poll as a choice for being a guest in a fighting game. Along with the Queen of Boobs, Queen of thighs, SOL FREAKING BADGUY, Monkey whats his face Luffy, and Misaka from Attack on Titan. Theres also what i think is an Onimusha guy and League of Legends characters. Oh and Iori from KOF.
http://xd.qq.com/act/a20130718guess/
Continuing this, it seems Misaka is going to win. Not sure how she's curbstomping the QUEEN OF GAZONGAS in votes but she is.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Considering how popular Attack on Titan is, it doesn't surprise me.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I blame the conservatives.
Oh gee thanks ;)

The funny thing about that position of "how it's meant to be played," is that Sakurai has said many times that he appreciates and acknowledges competitive play, and in fact deliberately designed Melee with incredible depth and mechanics.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Continuing this, it seems Misaka is going to win. Not sure how she's curbstomping the QUEEN OF GAZONGAS in votes but she is.
What are the current results, by the way? I couldn't tell.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I like to play Smash casually, but I don't mind competitive people.
I like watching tutorials on advanced techniques (Short Hop Double Laser, etc.) and watching tourney matches on YouTube.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
That thing is chinese!

looks like unofficial things, unlicenced things are happening. goddammit china, why u no have democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom