• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Hoping he get's some Mansion moves instead. It will make him even more different from his brother.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Speaking of costumes, do you think they'll actually do them? Sakurai gave mention that there wouldn't be any costumes that would essentially "transform" a character into another one if it meant doing anything other than a change of color scheme. That being said, Dark Link, Dark Pit, and "Daisy" will probably stay but I wouldn't count on things like Rosalina Peach or Boshi Yoshi like some people have suggested in the past.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Hoping he get's some Mansion moves instead. It will make him even more different from his brother.
Agree'd. I would love to see the Poltergust (?) used for a ranged grab. Or use the vacuum to suck up projectiles similar to how Villagers Pocket snatch works.

P.S Welcome to Smashboards!
Prepare to have everything you liked about Super Smash Bros. ****ted on by your peers!

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Hahaha, thank you :p. I was hoping his side Smash could change into something more in the range of this:

He brings out his Poltergust and during the charged animation you can see that the poor Green clothed plumber is experiencing difficulties with it. Then, a ghost pops out of the front of the vaccuum, spooking whoever is in front and making the younger brother jump a bit too. The ghost is the quickly sucked back in. The move will be more punishable if missed, but what do you guys think?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I also hope he gets his Poltergust for some cool moves, but as an Alternate costume I'd want his cat form, since it fits his character.
Also, Rosalina wouldn't be a good alternate costume. I'm thinking along the same lines as WarioWare costume and WarioLand costume.
Something pretty simplistic would be adding the Boxing Gloves DK got from the Punch Out game for his alternate costume. The gloves could change colors or something.

Dry Bowser would be a cool alternate costume, but changing color schemes for it would be pretty awkward looking I think.

Kirby could get his Fighter Bandana or something like that.
Samus and Link could have different designs from previous games, I think that would be fairly cool.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Fighters Alternates would be great. In Melee, "Daisy" was more of an alternate with Peach's gem actually having the petals around it as compared to in Brawl where it is just the same color as Daisy. A full costume of Daisy would be great! I hope they go through with the idea. It'd be sweet unlockable treats. Plus, Dr. Mario would be Mario's :p.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Gah, Fire Emblem discussion, something I have no knowledge about.

Well, guess I'll listen to some VG music for a while.
Let's play a little game of Q&A:
What is special about the following sequence of numbers?
8 5 4 9 1 7 6 10 3 2 0

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'd want Lucas to have Claus as an alternate costume, but I'd much rather Claus be his own character ): If only, if only.

Let's play a little game of Q&A:
What is special about the following sequence of numbers?
8 5 4 9 1 7 6 10 3 2 0
Ooh, I know ):

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah. While there are a lot of mixed feelings about alternate-costumes-as-alternate characters (Lucina as a Marth costume, for example) I feel rather positively about it. A lot of people are thinking that Chrom will replace Ike, and in the event that something like that happens I would want them to at least include the previous character as an option.

The amount of work that it'd take to include the alternate model, make sure the proportions are in line with the original character model, and add extra voice work/UI changes to match is so low compared to a lot of the things that already do get included in Smash. Instead of collecting useless stickers for a poorly implemented RPG system I would much rather unlock, say, two or three alternate costumes for my beloved characters.

I think pretty much every character has enough alternate designs from throughout the years... for those who don't, well, the Smash team can make them.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
They're in alphabetical order. So.. what to talk about.. How about Ganondorf's moveset?
Alright smart guy ;), let's move up the difficulty slightly.
An object that's half wet and half dry, is carrying and is getting carried at the same time. What's the object?
(Please refrain from R34 jokes...:facepalm:)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
They're in alphabetical order. So.. what to talk about.. How about Ganondorf's moveset?

There's not much to say that hasn't been said a thousand times before, really... but whatever! It's one of my favorite smash subjects.

He should have the magical tennis ball ("Dead Man's Volley"). That's a given.

I think he should be able to levitate as his recovery.

My favorite moveset I've seen is Bowserlick's (with a few modifications). It combines the levitate and the Ocarina of Time earth-shaker punch into one move in what I think is an elegant solution as well as adding a novel and unique down-special where he creates a damaging vortex at his location that slightly pulls in everything around it.

He should be by default his TP design.
- Demise alternate costume.
- OoT alternate costume.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Alright smart guy ;), let's move up the difficulty slightly.
An object that's half wet and half dry, is carrying and is getting carried at the same time. What's the object?
(Please refrain from R34 jokes...:facepalm:)
I don't know what's going on, but after reading this, I immediately think about boats. Sorry if I'm completely ignorant to whatever it is you're doing. :laugh:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Yeah. While there are a lot of mixed feelings about alternate-costumes-as-alternate characters (Lucina as a Marth costume, for example) I feel rather positively about it. A lot of people are thinking that Chrom will replace Ike, and in the event that something like that happens I would want them to at least include the previous character as an option.

The amount of work that it'd take to include the alternate model, make sure the proportions are in line with the original character model, and add extra voice work/UI changes to match is so low compared to a lot of the things that already do get included in Smash. Instead of collecting useless stickers for a poorly implemented RPG system I would much rather unlock, say, two or three alternate costumes for my beloved characters.

I think pretty much every character has enough alternate designs from throughout the years... for those who don't, well, the Smash team can make them.
The only reason I don't think Rosalina would be a good Alt costume for Peach is because, personally, if Rosalina was a playable character, I wouldn't imagine her playing anything like Peach.

Hypothetically, if they wanted to remove either Ness or Lucas, they could make Ness an Alt Costume for Lucas or vice versa, and it would work because they already have similar movesets/styles. Olimar having Alph as an Alt Costume would also work, I think.

Not all characters need Alt Costumes in my opinion. I couldn't think of one for IC's or WFT. Or Pikachu/Jigglypuff seeing as how they already get the closest things to Alt Costumes outside of Wario. Villager could have a female variation as an Alt. Costume.

EDIT: Demise would definitely be my choice for a Ganon alt. Costume.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ye gods, a Fire Emblem discussion... O_O

Just give me Marth, Roy and Ike and I'll be already satisfied (although I'd like to see Anna appearing).

You don't need the protagonist of the most recent game for the series to be properly represented. I think Olimar being confirmed (with a Pikmin 3 stage appearing alongside) should be enough proof for that.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Ye gods, a Fire Emblem discussion... O_O

Just give me Marth, Roy and Ike and I'll be already satisfied (although I'd like to see Anna appearing).

You don't need the protagonist of the most recent game for the series to be properly represented. I think Olimar being confirmed (with a Pikmin 3 stage appearing alongside) should be enough proof for that.
A protagonist from Pikmin 3 hasn't been deconfirmed yet, however. It could still be possible, just saying.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
There's not much to say that hasn't been said a thousand times before, really... but whatever! It's one of my favorite smash subjects.

He should have the magical tennis ball ("Dead Man's Volley"). That's a given.

I think he should be able to levitate as his recovery.

My favorite moveset I've seen is Bowserlick's (with a few modifications). It combines the levitate and the Ocarina of Time earth-shaker punch into one move in what I think is an elegant solution as well as adding a novel and unique down-special where he creates a damaging vortex at his location that slightly pulls in everything around it.

He should be by default his TP design.
- Demise alternate costume.
- OoT alternate costume.
The earth shaker punch could be a meteor smash or something, like Megaman's Hard Knuckle, except he brings his whole body down.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Poor Ditto :laugh:
White box with "Please go to funnyjunk to view this image" written in black letters.

A protagonist from Pikmin 3 hasn't been deconfirmed yet, however. It could still be possible, just saying.
You have a point, but I doubt that there will be a second Pikmin character, considering how similar the new captains are to Olimar. (Alph or any of the other Pikmin 3 characters could appear as Olimar clones/semi-clones, though. I won't deny that.)

Also, this GameFAQs thread is probably one of the most stupid things I've ever seen. Check it out: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66867307

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
The only reason I don't think Rosalina would be a good Alt costume for Peach is because, personally, if Rosalina was a playable character, I wouldn't imagine her playing anything like Peach.

Hypothetically, if they wanted to remove either Ness or Lucas, they could make Ness an Alt Costume for Lucas or vice versa, and it would work because they already have similar movesets/styles. Olimar having Alph as an Alt Costume would also work, I think.

Not all characters need Alt Costumes in my opinion. I couldn't think of one for IC's or WFT. Or Pikachu/Jigglypuff seeing as how they already get the closest things to Alt Costumes outside of Wario. Villager could have a female variation as an Alt. Costume.

EDIT: Demise would definitely be my choice for a Ganon alt. Costume.

I personally am totally fine with the idea of Rosalina as an alt... Has she actually done much to differentiate herself ability-wise? I don't remember her doing that much. I certainly can imagine her and her star buddy with an entirely unique moveset, of course, but I think it's entirely unlikely that she'll get in as an independent character, so putting her as an alt. seems to be the highest honor that she'd be likely to achieve.

So, yeah, for Peach I'd love to see Rosalina, Daisy, and Paula as alternates.

I agree that Ness and Lucas could be alts of each other as well. It probably would make the most sense if they were combined into Lucas's moveset, since his Smash attacks could feasibly be considered "Psi Rockin'" but Ness's smash attacks wouldn't make sense for Lucas.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

It could look like this, minus the horse and skull mask
OMG! YES!

Make his Final Smash something similar to Giga Bowser (Giga Bowser should be done away with as Bowser Final Smash BTW) where he transforms into this (with Trident):

And I think I might main Ganondorf.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
White box with "Please go to funnyjunk to view this image" written in black letters.

You have a point, but I doubt that there will be a second Pikmin character, considering how similar the new captains are to Olimar. (Alph or any of the other Pikmin 3 characters could appear as Olimar clones/semi-clones, though. I won't deny that.)

Also, this GameFAQs thread is probably one of the most stupid things I've ever seen. Check it out: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66867307
And people f***ing agree. like wat. Half, if not all of their reasons are invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom