• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I literally lolled in real life at this anti-Roy fanboy meltdown at GameFAQs, (in one of the two topics I posted):

OF course Japan and America likes Roy, he is a generic pretty boy character who uses a sword and uses FIRE..you know the most overused element in fiction ever.

Japan is like screw manly men like Hector and Sigurd lets add more little girls with armor aka ROY.

America is like Omg that cool (generic anime looking character number 2 million) with the flame sword is way better than mario and link.

Japan loves their girly looking and sounding men.We already have marth we dont need another one lol
America loves their stupid explosions and violent sharp weapons hence why they like roy

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
GameFAQs is second only to the /b/ board on 4chan as the worst site on the Internet. The stupidest users, the most self-righteous of Internet moderators.... can't stand it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Don't understand why the folks at GameFAQs have Fire Emblem: Awakening so far up their ***.
I really don't understand it either. I think its probably because the dating aspect of FE13 is the closest any of them have ever gotten to intimacy with a woman.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wow, that Reggie for Smash 4 Smash petition has already reached 19,000 supporters.

But, if you ask me, a petition from a site where literally anyone else can make their own petitions barely has any credibility, regardless of the support size. And has a petition actually got people something they want for/in a video game?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wow, that Reggie for Smash 4 Smash petition has already reached 19,000 supporters.

But, if you ask me, a petition from a site where literally anyone else can make their own petitions barely has any credibility, regardless of the support size. And has a petition actually got people something they want for/in a video game?
Watch Reggie host the next Nintendo Direct, and unveil himself as a playable character... through the Mii. :troll:

You guys got what you wished for.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Operation Rainfall.
There's that but I've been seeing video game petitions explode out of the wazoo in the past few months. It's almost like people these days are stupid enough the believe that petitions will magically guarantee no fail and will get exactly what they want.

It's not special if everyone else is doing it.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I don't understand why a lot of people on GameFAQs (or just in general) use faulty arguments against a character, like clone status, in game stats and PERSONALITY (of all things...), etc., when there's clearly no rule stating they affect a character's chances. If I wasn't at work, I'd give GameFAQs a huge wake-up call. :laugh: but seriously, these are like some the reasons I rarely go there :/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I literally lolled in real life at this anti-Roy fanboy meltdown at GameFAQs, (in one of the two topics I posted):

OF course Japan and America likes Roy, he is a generic pretty boy character who uses a sword and uses FIRE..you know the most overused element in fiction ever.

Japan is like screw manly men like Hector and Sigurd lets add more little girls with armor aka ROY.

America is like Omg that cool (generic anime looking character number 2 million) with the flame sword is way better than mario and link.

Japan loves their girly looking and sounding men.We already have marth we dont need another one lol
America loves their stupid explosions and violent sharp weapons hence why they like roy

He at least has a decent taste with mentoining Hector and Sigurd. I'd pick them to for newcomers if it was up to me. However, Roy isn't half bad. In terms of a Fire Emblem character, sure, there are better Lords than him. Plenty. But as a Smash Bros. character he can be quite interessting. The Sword of Seals has some cool potential. Even if it's just being as a Marth semi-clone. I still like him better than Chrom at least. But I'd be cool with both, providing at least Ike stays. Can't see Roy making it before Ike, Chrom however, I can...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I still can't shake the feeling that Sakurai is going to make Ike and Marth look like Chrom and Lucina (Marth's FE13 re-design already looks like this) respectively, and possibly bring in the My Unit so as to have all three of FE13's main protagonists in "spirit". Roy getting in then would be down to time constraints. However, lately from everything Sakurai has been saying I have a hard time seeing Ike and Chrom co-exist on the roster.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wouldn't mind mind the default look of Robin/My Unit (Male or Female it doesn't matter to me. Maybe there can be a gender swap costume) making it in over Chrom.

A magic-sword wielder and
possible Grima transformation for Final Smash?

Sounds better than having another aethering FE character... to me at least.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
GAH, SOMEONE MENTIONED ROBIN.

Excuse me while I vent my anger, not HATRED, for him/her/it/them by playing New Leaf again.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still can't shake the feeling that Sakurai is going to make Ike and Marth look like Chrom and Lucina (Marth's FE13 re-design already looks like this) respectively, and possibly bring in the My Unit so as to have all three of FE13's main protagonists in "spirit". Roy getting in then would be down to time constraints. However, lately from everything Sakurai has been saying I have a hard time seeing Ike and Chrom co-exist on the roster.

Same here. Same with Sheik and Impa. Toon Zelda is a lot less likely to. Unless they add only Tetra. 'Classic Link' is also pretty much out of question. Bowser Jr. to perhaps? Paper Mario to?

Though Chrom and Impa could still appear if they'd replace Ike and Sheik respectively.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Diddy: Paper Mario could still differentiate himself from regular Mario.

In all honesty, though, it's not looking good for him. I'm still gonna support PM, but I won't be disappointed if he doesn't make it.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind mind the default look of Robin/My Unit (Male or Female it doesn't matter to me. Maybe there can be a gender swap costume) making it in over Chrom.

A magic-sword wielder and
possible Grima transformation for Final Smash?

Sounds better than having another aethering FE character... to me at least.

I would want...
Male costume
Female costume
Hooded costume
Possessed costume.

... I really hope that the next Smash has alternate costumes, I actually think that might be my most wanted new feature. Which I don't think is too ridiculous considering almost every other fighting game has them. :glare:

I really don't know why I like the idea of Toon Link getting in but can't get excited about Paper Mario. I even love the Paper Mario franchise and think that PM could have a very distinct moveset.
I dunno.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
If that is indeed the case, then why are people going after that Chrom guy?
Cuz his booty

Real reason: cuz Chrom's inevitable!!1!

because he is...wait for it...

*drumroll*

THE NEWEST LORD!

FE14 can't come soon enough :troll: :urg:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but during Brawl Sakurai was looking for a more new/recent FE character, hence why Sakurai went to IS? At any rate, this doesn't necessarily mean that he'll have the same mentality this time around.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hope they make a Green Haired Lord this time. And make him use Bows, Axes or Lances or something. Or a combination of all? Then again, it's hard looking regal with a axe or spear if it's gonna be a prince. Hector and Ephraim where badasses, so it works for them to fight rough and wild. Ike did it to despite using swords (he was no prince though).

I dunno, the next Fire Emblem main character could as well be a regular rebel, creating an uprising AGAINST his kingdom for the sake of diversity. That hasn't been done as much yet, outside of Celice. And maybe Sothe and Micaiah a little even. Then it would make sence if he would fight more wildly like Hector, Ike and Ephraim. He could, however, focus more on agility than them.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I believe the correct term is, "Chorm is invetitable!!!11"

Also Moon, yes, Basilio is infinitely better than the garbage tactician of FE13.
Hey, how about a Basilio + Flavia tag team? Arena Ferox confirms them

I hope they make a Green Haired Lord this time. And make him use Bows, Axes or Lances or something. Or a combination of all? Then again, it's hard looking regal with a axe or spear if it's gonna be a prince. Hector and Ephraim where badasses, so it works for them to fight rough and wild. Ike did it to despite using swords (he was no prince though).

I dunno, the next Fire Emblem main character could as well be a regular rebel, creating an uprising AGAINST his kingdom for the sake of diversity. That hasn't been done as much yet, outside of Celice. And maybe Sothe and Micaiah a little even. Then it would make sence if he would fight more wildly like Hector, Ike and Ephraim. He could, however, focus more on agility than them.
We just need a damn lord with personality like Inigo, Owain, etc.
Heck, even a Brady type lord would be cool.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Cuz his booty
Chromassmousepad.jpg

because he is...wait for it...

*drumroll*

THE NEWEST LORD!
I swear to god if that character gets added solely because he's the newest toy, the ******* at GameFAQs and NeoGAF are going to have a stupid ol' time. I ****ing hate people that spew recency BS.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, we are probably going to have to wait one full year to see what Sakurai does with Fire Emblem in Smash 4. Ike was confirmed at the beginning of August in 2007. Would not be surprised if we got a similar time frame if a FE newcomer for Smash 4 happens.

However, with Smash 4 Sakurai has been throwing us mostly curveballs. I am happy though that Olimar got confirmed so early on, that at least shut up some of the "recency is the biggest factor" people up.

I am really hyped for when Sakurai finally starts confirming veterans to return on a regular basis. I want to see how some characters have been updated for Smash 4, particularly Zelda and Marth. Would be thrilled to see if Yoshi got an overhaul too.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Also Moon, yes, Basilio is infinitely better than the garbage tactician of FE13.
Hey, how about a Basilio + Flavia tag team? Arena Ferox confirms them
As long as Basilio looks like Sam Jackson I'm down.

And I agree with Diddy. I want a FE game with a Lord with more personality. These Lords with the Superman complex have been getting a bit stale.
I want a Henry, a Owain, a Devdan hell even a Makalov. But i guess personality and story are the least of their worries, what it really comes down to is the gameplay.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
As long as Basilio looks like Sam Jackson I'm down.

And I agree with Diddy. I want a FE game with a Lord with more personality. These Lords with the Superman complex have been getting a bit stale.
I want a Henry, a Owain, a Devdan hell even a Makalov. But i guess personality and story are the least of their worries, what it really comes down to is the gameplay.

Henry as the main Lord...

Eeeeeek.

(I'd so play that game.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom