• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok now I'm REALLY wondering what we'll get this friday with the strange Sakurai's comment and the fact that his birthday is Saturday while he revealed SSE around that time

for the paper mario thing, I know this is mayabe too much as a character but you got to admit: he deserves more than trophies and sticker (btw, why do you get a paper mario trophie when you beat classic with all characters in both melee AND brawl?) this serie deserves at least ONE music just listen ttyd's ost to know what I mean but you can have a music for another game in the serie but ttyd is my favorite imo

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
From this day on, I will try to post everytime the picture of the day, and when the catchphrase of Sakurai in Miiverse is up, I will put it up too in the same post. Anyways, see ya :grin:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Were you guys really expecting something TONIGHT after Sakurai said the site would eventually change in some way.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That's what I understood of his Miiverse post earlier. "We've been doing daily pictures, but we'll do other stuff too."

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Then again, Wario's foes are much worse than those guys. Look at this Wario World monstrosity for example.

Throughout my years of playing that game I never realized she had swirly eyes. 0_0

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pikachu's such a big damn cutie in this game. So much better than he was in Brawl because he actually looks closer to his lean popular cartoonish anime-look than just being some deformed rodent:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Another boring picture. :ohwell:

I could have sworn there was a similar picture (with Pika and DK in the nearly exact same pose) in one of the character pages.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm not expecting anything. :p:laugh:

I'm keeping my expectations as low as possible, but I'll keep checking the website every day... Who knows what more surprises are on the way?
So far, only one character and one stage have been revealed since E3. Realistically speaking, I think we could have around one to three new reveals during the next month...

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
Just got all the figurines and heart pieces in The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap just now. I also fused every last Kinstone. I feel like a god.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What are you guys expecting

a character reveal

I dunno man but less is always more when the game's released...
A character reveal? No. Not until mid August at the earliest I think.

And I agree I hope they don't reveal every character. I was clueless on the development of Melee and I found the game and the characters to be a total surprise.
Something exciting about seeing that character approaching screen and not knowing 100% who that character is until the you press start.

Tempted to do a media black out once i see 2 certain characters.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
*crosses fingers that his theory about customizability options being revealed on Friday is correct*

I wonder when we'll find out about any potential August Directs? Would those be announced at the beginning of the month?

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
*crosses fingers that his theory about customizability options being revealed on Friday is correct*

I wonder when we'll find out about any potential August Directs? Would those be announced at the beginning of the month?

Who knows? Besides, I'm also looking that forward. :grin:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Nintendo would most likely announce a Direct the day before the Direct.
Or at least I would always see announcements for Directs the day before they come out.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So she's like Resetti, except useful. Seriously, Resetti's actually cool, but come on!
Did you know? Ressetti was made optional in New Leaf because Nintendo did get reports from parents that he scared and made certain kids cry in the past games. Even in the UK City Folk manuel, they said that he may be unnerving for young kids. I can't blame them since he's like that scary old man across your street that yells at you if you step on his lawn.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I feel like a senile old man spouting the same thing over and over, but who cares.

I would pay any DLC for SSB4 that would give me the chance to have the entire Kid Icarus: Uprising and Fire Emblem: Awakening soundtracks. Same for the Zelda: Skyward Sword OST.

This is yet another song that I would really like in SSB4.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I expect the roster to be leaked, not anytime soon though

I didn't know or have an attachment to any of the new characters in Melee at the time they revealed all of them (besides Mewtwo) so me finding out about them was like whatever

Yeah, I'm pretty much indifferent to spoilers and have been for the longest

Alzi

Smash Master
I do believe we will definitely be getting something new this friday, in celebration to Sakurai's birthday.

Maybe a new stage reveal or something like one of the game modes? I don't think it will be something like a character reveal.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
A Fire/Fighting type!?... again... :ohwell:
I hope not, but it looks like that's the case.
Was hoping for a new dual-type for the fire starter, but i'll live.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not at all. This game is awesome and highly manly.

Also, DK is "dazed" because there's a female character coming...
"But DK is a Gorilla! How can he be checking out a woman!?"
Maybe it's not a woman... Maybe it's a female monkey...
DIXIE KONG CONFIRMED
Dixie wouldn't be revealed before Diddy though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Fire/Fighting is by no means confirmed. There's this one guy who's been leaking info on this game (source: PokéBeach). Unlike most "leakers", he hasn't gotten any of his stuff wrong. Here is what he got right and is confirmed:

- The English names of Pancham, Pangoro, Fletchling, Gogoat, Helioptile, Inkay, & Malamar.
- Fairy-type and it's super effectiveness on Dragon-type.
- The types of Pangoro, Inkay, & Malamar.
- The move Draining Kiss.
- The first Gym Leader is Bug-Type.
- Sky Battles.
- The name of Professor Sycamore.
- Old Pokémon getting Fairy-type.

And he is saying Chespin will be Grass/Dark, Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic, and Froakie will be Water/Fighting.

And here is he has said so far (Warning possible spoilers):
-
• Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
• Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
• Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
• The professor’s English name is Patrice.
• The Starter final evolutions are, as many people predicted, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
• The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
• A few attacks will be dual-typed.
• There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
• You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
• Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/Dark.
• A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.
• A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
• Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
• Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
• Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
• HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.
• Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
• A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
• Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
• If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.
Apparently this guy also leaked Black & White stuff awhile back. I say this guy is 100% legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom