• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know if this has been asked, but, is the release of Smash 4 gonna be a worldwide thing like Pokemon or release in Japan first (or something like that)?
I thought it was, but apparently it isn't...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ To annoy people who have a Impa waifu.
So they are not releasing at the same time?
It is doubtful we'll get both games at once; Sakurai has kinda hinted at such.
I don't know if this has been asked, but, is the release of Smash 4 gonna be a worldwide thing like Pokemon or release in Japan first (or something like that)?
We don't know, but hopefully this is the case. What happened with Europe and Australia and heck, even the Americas was a joke. It shows how outdated Nintendo was in that regards back in 2008, and how advanced they can be now (in regards to Pokémon X & Y).

D

Deleted member

@King of Phantoms:
Wait a minute.
Why you ripping off my gold text gimmick? :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Disney is offering 5 movies for $5 and you get a free bag, plus 500 points on their rewards site

...I wonder what the catch is

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's not a dry Bowser color scheme. It's just bowser with a white shell
And a white face and body. It's a weak reference, but the closest to a color scheme we'll get. That, and he doesn't wear anything close to that costume in the games.

Anyway, I still hope for a full model or a better costume.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And a white face and body. It's a weak reference, but the closest to a color scheme we'll get. That, and he doesn't wear anything close to that costume in the games.

What does all the gold have to do with dry bowser then?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Same.

I want to see a model of Dark Bowser as well, (his hair is different, so it'd be a model change) and I also want to see a good model of Fawful. I'd love it if he was an Assist Trophy or appeared as a normal trophy, I just want to see Fawful in 3D.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
(tries to imagine John's reaction to Guile being in Smash 4)
Not as hugely crazy as my reaction to Mega Man, Sonic, Diddy Kong, and above all else, my favorite video game character of all-time, Wind Waker Toon LINK!!!

BTW, the Wind Waker > All the Zelda games since then, and it isn't even close. The Wind Waker is an instant classic, and I wish Zelda would try to be as innovative as that game instead of relying on control gimmicks to sell the game. You know, going back to an open world that is fun to explore, a world that is unique, full of heart, and has characters you care about, and lots of secrets is exactly what the series needs. Oh, and the counter-system (albeit not as broken). And my Lord the soundtrack for the Wind Waker might be the best in the franchise.

Oh, and this is the best Zelda song possibly ever...

Seriously, replace everything Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks in Zelda with The Wind Waker. Those games all pale in comparison to the greatness of Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, the original Legend of Zelda, and yes, the Wind Waker.

(to answer the question, I think for Smash 6 my reaction would be ecstatic. I think Guile, unlike most fighting game characters, would be great in Smash)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Not as hugely crazy as my reaction to Mega Man, Sonic, Diddy Kong, and above all else, my favorite video game character of all-time, Wind Waker Toon LINK!!!

BTW, the Wind Waker > All the Zelda games since then, and it isn't even close. The Wind Waker is an instant classic, and I wish Zelda would try to be as innovative as that game instead of relying on control gimmicks to sell the game. You know, going back to an open world that is fun to explore, a world that is unique, full of heart, and has characters you care about, and lots of secrets is exactly what the series needs. Oh, and the counter-system (albeit not as broken). And my Lord the soundtrack for the Wind Waker might be the best in the franchise.

Oh, and this is the best Zelda song possibly ever...

Seriously, replace everything Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks in Zelda with The Wind Waker. Those games all pale in comparison to the greatness of Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, the original Legend of Zelda, and yes, the Wind Waker.
I peronsally love all those games.

But Wind Waker will forever remain my favorite....

...unless it gets a true sequel.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I peronsally love all those games.

But Wind Waker will forever remain my favorite....

...unless it gets a true sequel.
The original is still ([and most likely] forever) my favorite, followed by A Link to the Past, followed narrowly behind by Ocarina of Time, followed narrowly behind by Majora's Mask and the Wind Waker in a tie. Every Zelda game is way behind those games in my books; those are the 5 definitive all-time best Zelda games, bar none.

And yeah, that sense of newness, openness, freedom, and just pure curiosity has been sorely missing every since in Zelda. The series has literally been "go from point A to point B in this line" ever since then in regards to almost anything. And when that isn't the case (that this is the only way), the other ways suck. Zelda needs to learn from Skyrim and have a huge world, lots of quests, lots of secret caves, mini-dungeons, dungeons, tunnels, and locales that make the game feel so expansive that no map can cram in anywhere near all the information on the vastness of this world.

Unlike Metroid, which evolves by becoming more and more different, or Animal Crossing, which adds more and more stuff, Zelda has devolved in all areas except gimmicks, which I think is sad. This is IMO the second highest quality Nintendo franchise (behind Metroid), and it is going downhill. What a shame.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What does all the gold have to do with dry bowser then?
Bowser's a pimp. I mean, he's all bones. :troll:

I don't know, as I said, it's a weak reference. But you can't find another white costume in the other games.(and it's not even close to similar to Wedding Bowser, so this is the only other one) He may or may not get it back. It's similar to Pokemon Trainer's green costume that is somewhat like Emerald/Brendan or Peach's Daisy costume(she's clearly not the same character if you know Daisy and Peach well).

Same.

I want to see a model of Dark Bowser as well, (his hair is different, so it'd be a model change) and I also want to see a good model of Fawful. I'd love it if he was an Assist Trophy or appeared as a normal trophy, I just want to see Fawful in 3D.

I do too. Fawful's a great character. Speaking of, how many of the RPG characters besides the main heroes(Paper Mario, Paper Bowser(Super Paper Mario only), Paper Peach, Paper Luigi) showed up in Brawl/Melee? I'm thinking he should definitely be a Trophy regardless.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Goombella would make a great Assist Trophy character.

She could read from her book about various character; give you a short bio, tell you about their strengths, their style, and of course, their weaknesses...

...all in game, all in a text bubble like in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door! That, in my opinion, would be such an awesome nostalgia trip! :grin:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bowser's a pimp. I mean, he's all bones. :troll:

I don't know, as I said, it's a weak reference. But you can't find another white costume in the other games.(and it's not even close to similar to Wedding Bowser, so this is the only other one) He may or may not get it back. It's similar to Pokemon Trainer's green costume that is somewhat like Emerald/Brendan or Peach's Daisy costume(she's clearly not the same character if you know Daisy and Peach well).

I do too. Fawful's a great character. Speaking of, how many of the RPG characters besides the main heroes(Paper Mario, Paper Bowser(Super Paper Mario only), Paper Peach, Paper Luigi) showed up in Brawl/Melee? I'm thinking he should definitely be a Trophy regardless.
I think only a few Paper Mario characters showed up as trophies and stickesr in Brawl. I don't recall any RPG characters appearing in Melee, unless you count Paper Mario.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Goombella would make a great Assist Trophy character.

She could read from her book about various character; give you a short bio, tell you about their strengths, their style, and of course, their weaknesses...

...all in game, all in a text bubble like in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door! That, in my opinion, would be such an awesome nostalgia trip! :grin:
So she's like Resetti, except useful. :troll:

Seriously, Resetti's actually cool, but come on!

@KingofPhantoms47: Yeah, I meant besides Paper Mario. Then again, wasn't that before the Mario and Luigi games? I know Super Mario RPG couldn't be referenced(easily).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Maybe she could do the "bonk" combo where you "control her" by pressing A at the right time to do her head bonk move (possibly infinitely?). :eek:
I think only a few Paper Mario characters showed up as trophies and stickesr in Brawl. I don't recall any RPG characters appearing in Melee, unless you count Paper Mario.
There were about 8-a dozen or so Paper Mario related trophies in Brawl, and even more stickers if my memory serves me right...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The original is still ([and most likely] forever) my favorite, followed by A Link to the Past, followed narrowly behind by Ocarina of Time, followed narrowly behind by Majora's Mask and the Wind Waker in a tie. Every Zelda game is way behind those games in my books; those are the 5 definitive all-time best Zelda games, bar none.

And yeah, that sense of newness, openness, freedom, and just pure curiosity has been sorely missing every since in Zelda. The series has literally been "go from point A to point B in this line" ever since then in regards to almost anything. And when that isn't the case (that this is the only way), the other ways suck. Zelda needs to learn from Skyrim and have a huge world, lots of quests, lots of secret caves, mini-dungeons, dungeons, tunnels, and locales that make the game feel so expansive that no map can cram in anywhere near all the information on the vastness of this world.

Unlike Metroid, which evolves by becoming more and more different, or Animal Crossing, which adds more and more stuff, Zelda has devolved in all areas except gimmicks, which I think is sad. This is IMO the second highest quality Nintendo franchise (behind Metroid), and it is going downhill. What a shame.
What Skyward Sword was lacking most in my eyes, is exploration, bonuses, and curiosity. There wasn't enough to do, nothing to explore. There are hardly any optional locations to explore, the surface was devode of exploration and the sky didn't make up for it. It could have done so much better than this. The low amount of enemies in the sky, as well as the small amount of water related gimmicks and enemies in the water dungeon was disappointing as well.

I think the game was otherwise fine, those were all the flaws I could think of, and Demise could have been harder too.

Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, and Majora's Mask among others did a much better job when it came to exploration and side-quests. (TP could have done a bit better though)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So she's like Resetti, except useful. :troll:

Seriously, Resetti's actually cool, but come on!

@KingofPhantoms47: Yeah, I meant besides Paper Mario. Then again, wasn't that before the Mario and Luigi games? I know Super Mario RPG couldn't be referenced(easily).
The Paper Mario series came before the Mario & Luigi series did, and I don't think there were many M&L character exclusive stickers in Brawl, I don't think so, at least.

Also, in the Stage Builder, one of the random names that can appear is FWFUL. (the letter A was left out intentionally)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What Skyward Sword was lacking most in my eyes, is exploration, bonuses, and curiosity. There wasn't enough to do, nothing to explore. There are hardly any optional locations to explore, the surface was devode of exploration and the sky didn't make up for it. It could have done so much better than this. The low amount of enemies in the sky, as well as the small amount of water related gimmicks and enemies in the water dungeon was disappointing as well.

I think the game was otherwise fine, those were all the flaws I could think of, and Demise could have been harder too.

Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, and Majora's Mask among others did a much better job when it came to exploration and side-quests.
Twilight Princess was just a big world that was... "empty"... at least once you beat the game. Majora's Mask you never truly beat and it always moved, so therefore, it was never empty. The Wind Waker had tons of islands, locations, treasures, dungeons, caves, caverns, seas, and islands to explore. It felt as limitless as the ocean winds.

But yeah, the next Zelda game needs to be more open-world, needs to be less linear (lots of ways to solve most issues), have tons of side quests and quests in general, have lots of bonuses, a huge "living" world (it doesn't need to be Skyrim, but it needs to try), hidden content, peak curiosity, and it needs to expand the amount of enemies, locales, challenges, combat (more moves, more different problems via enemies and environments), and ways of doing things.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I found TP kind of bare on the sidequests, to be honest. Still fun, but I didn't feel like much exploring in itself. I didn't even try to get every Heart Piece. Majora's Mask is difficult enough to actually avoid getting everything. As for Wind Waker, I've got most of it.

@KingofPhantoms47: I meant if the Mario and Luigi games were out after or before Melee. I think it was after. But yeah, makes sense none the less.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Edit: Uhh, as it updates anyways. The new picture is DK and Pikachu being best buddies.

And here's the catchphrase:

I WAS SECOND ON COMMENTING!!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ugh, something boring?

:glare: I was hoping we'd get something major for a pic. Maybe something other than the pic will be shown soon? (Dojo update, footage etc)

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Ugh, something boring?

:glare: I was hoping we'd get something major for a pic. Maybe something other than the pic will be shown soon? (Dojo update, footage etc)
Expecting something major? TOO BAD WALUIGI TIME!!

Sakurai sure trolled us with that update. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom