• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
...well, s**t.

Confession, when I was 9, I used to be terrified of Birdo in SMB2, and would occasionally hallucinate that she was standing in my room after the lights went off. That was until I figured out how to actually beat her...
Damn you too? Only it was the Mario 64 Eel had me up for weeks! I was so paranoid I remember taking bath and stepping on my wash cloth, I thought it was an eel and I jumped out the tub.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I saw Redeads for the first time in Melee, and they didn't scare me in either Melee or Ocarina of Time. I was never scared of Gibdos, Poes, or Wallmasters and Floormasters either. (although I was a bit startled the first time a Wallmaster attacked me in OOT)

I will admit, the Redeads in Wind Waker scared the crap out of me the first time one screamed at me.

I was also scared of Dead Hand when I first saw it in OOT. (I went to the Shadow Temple before I went to the Bottom of the Well btw)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I was also scared of Dead Hand when I first saw it in OOT. (I went to the Shadow Temple before I went to the Bottom of the Well btw)

LOL I remember mashing the buttons like crazy when Link froze.
That was another creepy one!

There is a lot of creepy stuff in Zelda.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I saw Redeads for the first time in Melee, and they didn't scare me in either Melee or Ocarina of Time. I was never scared of Gibdos, Poes, or Wallmasters and Floormasters either. (although I was a bit startled the first time a Wallmaster attacked me in OOT)

I will admit, the Redeads in Wind Waker scared the crap out of me the first time one screamed at me.

Oh, I forgot about Dead Hand. That scared the hell out of me. The ReDeads in Wind Waker made me laugh, though, so I'm not empathetic.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Every time we talk about characters because of how much we love them in their games, and why they should be playable because of that, instead of them as potential playable characters and all they could bring with their moveset, playstyle, and uniqueness, I agree with this video, and I think like this video...
Have you given any though to the fandom of Anna? *Holds out pamphlet*

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...well, s**t.

Confession, when I was 9, I used to be terrified of Birdo in SMB2, and would occasionally hallucinate that she was standing in my room after the lights went off. That was until I figured out how to actually beat her...
When I was 4 I played Super Metroid for the first time, and Ridley scared me to where I couldn't sleep.

I beat the game, and Ridley scared me more on my second playthru.

I beat the game 6 times, and Ridley scared me more than ever before.

Seriously, Ridley just scared me as a small child.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Seeing Zero ripped his eye out was so shocking that it made me never look at Kirby the same way again, though his reincarnation in Kirby 64 was much worse. Andross alone is the main reason why I never bought another Star Fox game after 64 (****ing ape). Flaahgra and Parasite Queen was the bane of my existence in Metroid Prime when I bought it at launch. Let's just face it, EVERY non-Eggman antagonist/final boss in the Sonic games were scary or disturbing in their own way.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
ReDeads scared the crap out of me when I was little. Turned the N64 off and ran to my parents.
The ReDeads in Ocarina of Time scared the crap out of me, especially since I thought they were the people from Castle Town.

The ReDeads in Majora's Mask made me laugh, especially when they danced! :chuckle:
The Wall Masters scared me on first encounter too.
The Wall Masters in Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past creeped me out until I was like 14.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Seeing Zero ripped his eye out was so shocking that it made me never look at Kirby the same way again, though his reincarnation in Kirby 64 was much worse. Andross alone is the main reason why I never bought another Star Fox game after 64 (****ing ape). Let's just face it, EVERY non-Eggman antagonist/final boss in the Sonic games were scary or disturbing in their own way.
Oh good lord.

I never played that game when I was younger, but when I found out about him, and watched the battle with him in Kirby's Dreamland 3...

I can't even remember what I was thinking when I saw that.

Zero is a great villain and boss though. I wish he could appear in another Kirby game one day.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Okay, I have one only I myself will probably relate to.

My guilty pleasure is Kingdom Hearts, don't judge me! I played through the entire game, beat all the Olympus Colosseum Tournaments, and, if you played before, you would know there were two left with question marks. Well, I clicked on one of them, and it was Sephiroth from Final Fantasy. And, just his appearance, and the shrilling music in the background scared me half to death when I was a child.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
*SPOILERS FOR kIRBY'S RETURN TO DREAMLAND*

If only Magolor Soul's mouth eye didn't ********* us. Seriously, Dark Matter is my favorite Kirby villain(s).

*END SPOILERS*

Yeah, spoiler tags don't work for me.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Funny, I played OoT, SF64, DK64 and many of the other games you folks mention here, nothing ever scared me, but I do remember creepy monsters.
Hell, I loved fighting Andross, Link's scream whenever he was grabbed by a wall/floor master made it seem almost comical to me. I somehow just felt. . . superior or, I don't know, something, to them, I recognized them for what they were, fictitious beasts.
I used to be afraid of the dark when I was little, but those were always vague apprehensions and fears of the unseen, never once did a video game haunt me, I got chills though, sometimes.
I get these chills quite often in a variety of circumstances, when listening to beautiful music, when witnessing beautiful art, when I am in prayer, when I am in awe, and before when I was in a recognizable fear. Those brain orgasms are amazing.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Seems OK for a kids game.
I never really was scared of that as a kid, actually.

I was too lazy to read anything the game when I played that at a young age, (that and back then I really couldn't read that well.....) and the 3 day gameover always confused me. lol I was pretty oblvious to the plot at the time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Zombie King Jingaling creeped me out too.

Actually all of Banjo-Tooie's intro creaped me out. Bottles being murdered, Skeleton Grunty and Zombie Jinjo all left me the impression that **** was gonna get real!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Funnily enough, I never really was scared of any of the "creepy" things in games, I found them more fascinating and tended to enjoy them.
Though I did grow up watching scary movies and shows like Courage the Cowardly Dog, so yeah...

Something that did scare me though? When you entered/exited a level in Spyro the Dragon and he would be flying through a sky of nothingness, and clouds. Scared ****less.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Heh, speaking of Doomsday, I constantly checked this website during December 21st 2012 overnight. http://www.terriblefate.com/ (It has nothing to do with Creepypasta, don't worry, I'm not like that)

At 11:00 PM I started watching this.

At 11:52 PM I started watching this.

And at 12:01, this popped into my head...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Zombie King Jingaling creeped me out too.

Actually all of Banjo-Tooie's intro creaped me out. Bottles being murdered, Skeleton Grunty and Zombie Jinjo all left me the impression that she was gonna get real!

You are so right about Grunty. And to think that she was uglier before.

I thought the whole end of the world situation was complete bull**** from the start, but join in on the fun for the ****s and giggles. XD

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
On the topic of being afraid playing 64 games, I remember lunging forward and shutting off the power of my console any time a shark or electric eel from the water levels in Super Mario 64 got anywhere close to me, and I'd deliberately try to look away from them as much as possible when swimming. :laugh: Though I've probably mentioned that before multiple times, it's just a powerful memory that has remained.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm interpreting the message as TPotD will continue, but he'll make all future announcements and reveals on the Dojo. I'm not sure this would discount interviews.
Is anyone on Twitter? Maybe people were getting impatient and antsy. They could've started complaining about the pics, and Sakurai wanted to make it clear what it really was.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wouldn't read a lot into it, but there's a possibility he's telling us that a new big update is somewhere in the near future?
It sounds like he is saying the daily pics are a privilege. So the people who are demanding stuff on twitter/miiverse will realize, he doesn't have to do this.

At least that is how it sounds to me

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Is anyone on Twitter? Maybe people were getting impatient and antsy. They could've started complaining about the pics, and Sakurai wanted to make it clear what it really was.
And how can you prove this? If that's the case, then he could have made this statement whenever the hell he wanted because the fans post all kinds of rude **** from Miiverse, YouTube, Twitter, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom