• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I see the picture, and while it does look nice and show us something new, I had a dream last night that Luigi was confirmed.

Long story short, no Luigi = sad Poppy.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I know, but the fact that anyone would think or have the guts to say that over such a thing just amazes me.

I can get pretty angry at gaming at times, but I'd never threaten someone because of it.
Well you have to consider the kind of society we're in now

We're, or at least younger people are desensitized to things like murder and **** now in no small part due to "lolinterwebz" so they probably don't think anything of the type of threats that they're making

And I mean, at the end of the day... they're fanboys, angry fanboys with internet and entitlement issues. That alone should tell you everything

Sad, I know, but that's just how it is now

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I woke up at like 5 AM here, saw the daily picture, and in my tired state thought Link was Palutena. Why does this Friday feel like a Monday. :laugh:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I woke up at like 5 AM here, saw the daily picture, and in my tired state thought Link was Palutena. Why does this Friday feel like a Monday. :laugh:
I've been up since 2:00 AM, so I was able to make the picture out just fine.
Takes pretty long for me to become tired again after waking up.

(unless I can't get any sleep at all...)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The addition of the colored launch power up shows the perfect example of great little things that Sakurai thinks of that people should be excited about more than ******** about ''OMG NO CUTSCENES. NOT STORY MODE. GAME IS DOOMED."

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The addition of the colored launch power up shows the perfect example of great little things that Sakurai thinks of that people should be excited about more than *****ing about ''OMG NO CUTSCENES. NOT STORY MODE. GAME IS DOOMED."
This.

I was disappointed by the lack of a story mode, but I'm not butthurt about it. It's not that big of a deal.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's a fighting game anyways.

No fighting game has an excellent story mode.

Don't listen to Mortal Kombat fans they boast too much about their own.

Maybe Injustice tho, that's the closest to having a decent story mode.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's a fighting game anyways.

No fighting game has an excellent story mode.

Don't listen to Mortal Kombat fans they boast too much about their own.

Maybe Injustice tho, that's the closest to having a decent story mode.
It'd be great if Smash had a good story mode, but it's not absolutely needed.

It's still a bit disappointing, but I can live and enjoy the game without it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I don't know if this is old news or not, but Shadow Thief Popple is returning in Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. :bee:

D

Deleted member

POPPEL IS RECURRING CHARACTER
MUS BE IN SMASH!!!!!!

-Inevitable wave of Smashtards.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm just glad Popple has more than one appearance in any games ever.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I just finished Dream Team, btw.
It's awesome in so many ways, but unfortunately it's not as good as Bowser's Inside Story [the best game in the series].
Be warned, though: If you already like Luigi, you'll fall in love with him when playing that game.

EDIT: I'd change some things in it's ending so it could be a little more epic and enjoyable, but meh, I'm no writer.

D

Deleted member

For those who have played the game, I have a question:

Does Fawful appear in some form?

EDIT: Never mind. The above post pretty much answered my question.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For those who have played the game, I have a question:

Does Fawful appear in some form?

EDIT: Never mind. The above post pretty much answered my question.
Yeah, Fawful doesn't appear, just Popple.

It's nice to see Popple again though. As for Fawful, I think Bowser's Inside Story killed Fawful off for good. Unless he's able to reconstruct himself as some sort of germ within Bowser's body, somehow.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Of course there's no Fawful. He blew himself up as a last-ditch attack. He essentially tried to kill the Bros. with his death, which failed. Meaning Fawful died.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
POPPEL IS RECURRING CHARACTER
MUS BE IN SMASH!!!!!!
-Inevitable wave of Smashtards.
Why haven't all the Smashtards flocked to Anna yet? She's a recurring character. I don't think I should wish for stupid people to - well, no, I would like that, because we have strong arguments and strong supporters to beat back the stupidity.
I blame Fire Emblem for being such an unpopular series :awesome:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Of course there's no Fawful. He blew himself up as a last-ditch attack. He essentially tried to kill the Bros. with his death, which failed. Meaning Fawful died.
Such a death didn't prevent Elder Princess Shroob from appearing in Bowser's Inside Story in a frozen state. Classic Nintendo Logic.

Fawful could still reappear as a cameo in some way, or he could reconstruct himself like I mentioned.

EDIT: And let it be known that this is the 2,000th post of KingofPhantoms! I am a Smash Champion now. :grin:

D

Deleted member

Bowser inexplicably came back after being sucked into a collapsing black hole in Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Fawful coming back in some form after going "kablooey" shouldn't be that farfetched in comparison (other than Bowser being the Big Bad of the series; don't bother stating that). Even if it's just by haunting Luigi's dreams as a nightmare incarnation of him.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bowser inexplicably came back after being sucked into a collapsing black hole in Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Not to mention he shrunk to a smaller size than his own son. :awesome:

And then he returned to normal size.

Maybe Fawful was partially responsible for Luigi's nightmares/dreams, but if theres anything in the game that can disprove that, I don't know of it yet.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Injustice? Its story had potential, I'll give it that much

Mortal Kombat Deception has the best story in a fighting game, hands down (IMO of course)

vicgur

Smash Ace
Speaking of Fawful, I didn't really like the new antagonist, Antasma. He seems bad, he does some bad stuff, but he doesn't feel like a good villain. He's just... there. I dunno.

I'm still looking for a possible Secret Boss, in the game.
Bowser's Inside Story had the Shroobs. I don't know what to expect. Heck, there might not be any Secret Bosses and I'm just wasting my time.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I mean, I've seen similar situations in cartoons (especially Tom and Jerry) where the main characters should have never come back after what happens to them after the episode is done, let alone the series

So Bowser coming back isn't really that shocking at all, to me at least

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Speaking of Fawful, I didn't really like the new antagonist, Antasma. He seems bad, he does some bad stuff, but he doesn't feel like a good villain. He's just... there. I dunno.

I'm still looking for a possible Secret Boss, in the game.
Bowser's Inside Story had the Shroobs. I don't know what to expect. Heck, there might not be any Secret Bosses and I'm just wasting my time.
There is one secret boss...

It's Bowser Jr.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I mean, I've seen similar situations in cartoons (especially Tom and Jerry) where the main characters should have never come back after what happens to them after the episode is done, let alone the series

So Bowser coming back isn't really that shocking at all, to me at least
Nintendo usually follows that kind of logic.

So it's not really Nintendo Logic, it's Tom and Jerry Logic. :chuckle:

Anyway, I'm glad Popple was able to get in at least.

Fawful's a bit different from Bowser in death though, Bowser has never exploded.

Of course, theres my theory of Fawful's way of reconstructing himself, if you want a good reason behind any possible return of him, instead of just wanting him to come back out of the blue with no explanation.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Holy JESUS, what's with those combos?? hahahaha.

Anyway, I dig the ideas, there's a lot of cool things in that (though healing might be pushing it a little), you might get a PM from me in a couple days so we can work on a Roy moveset together, I like where you're going with that.
If you do feel like making a Roy moveset sometime, feel free to hit me up. Granted, I'm not really an expert on all the technical stuff, but I really do like finding unique ideas and making movesets.

I find sometimes people don't pay attention to the gameplay aspect for the characters they support. And I think that's an important thing to consider as well. How do you envision the character? What archetype/moves will best fit the character? How do you think Sakurai will envision the same character?

I know some people don't want to bother as Sakurai's envisions might be different than what people are thinking. For example, like I've already said, I kinda expect Roy to be a semi-clone if he gets in. But really, it doesn't hurt coming up with unique ideas that will interest you (and others) for a moveset for characters you support, especially if they have unique moveset potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom