• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I really like how characters in the Mario & Luigi series tend to appear in more than one game, or maybe just be mentioned.
For example: Starlow, the old "Chippy" from Bowser's Inside Story, is back[I missed Bowser calling her Chippy, though]. Also, there's a Boss battle... I'll not get into details, but it's the best boss battle of the game.
Paper Mario doesn't do that. If the game is over, the character is [almost] dead. That makes me sad, because I'd like to see some of them returning.
[this talk reminds me of Geno...]

Anyways, I'd really like to see some Mario & Luigi content in Sm4sh...

D

Deleted member

If you do feel like making a Roy moveset sometime, feel free to hit me up. Granted, I'm not really an expert on all the technical stuff, but I really do like finding unique ideas and making movesets.

I find sometimes people don't pay attention to the gameplay aspect for the characters they support. And I think that's an important thing to consider as well. How do you envision the character? What archetype/moves will best fit the character? How do you think Sakurai will envision the same character?

I know some people don't want to bother as Sakurai's envisions might be different than what people are thinking. For example, like I've already said, I kinda expect Roy to be a semi-clone if he gets in. But really, it doesn't hurt coming up with unique ideas that will interest you (and others) for a moveset for characters you support, especially if they have unique moveset potential.
Will do.

While you may not be an expert on the techincal stuff, I'm a bit more well-versed in it, so that's where I can pitch in, and your ideas are neat, so we'll see.

I agree on your point though, like for Samus for example, I have tons of ideas for her, however, I don't think she'll ever see any. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna have fun coming up with a bunch of them.

Take my Lyn moveset for example, if she ever got in, she'd unlikely be like that (unless Sakurai lurks SWF), which yeah, is a bit of a shame, but it at least inspires people to support characters.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I mean, I've seen similar situations in cartoons (especially Tom and Jerry) where the main characters should have never come back after what happens to them after the episode is done, let alone the series

So Bowser coming back isn't really that shocking at all, to me at least
If amon comes back I'm going to be pissed.

Um smash related stuff, Sakurai confirmed the great gonzales

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Btw, I remembered I made this some time ago. Basically, the final boss of SSB4's story mode (or whatever):

If Miis become playable, I always thought it would be funny if your Mii was the last boss in story mode. You know, the person you created was behind all the chaos all along. Not gonna happen, I know. But still, I'd be very amused.

I don't even know. But your Mii is evil! Eeeeviiiiil!

Honestly, seeing G&W and ROB's roles in the SSE, I actually wouldn't be surprised if this happens as an [evil] boss...though I mean not as extreme as in the pic.

Who knows... but I wouldn't mind if an adventure-like mode returns. :3

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I really like how characters in the Mario & Luigi series tend to appear in more than one game, or maybe just be mentioned.
For example: Starlow, the old "Chippy" from Bowser's Inside Story, is back[I missed Bowser calling her Chippy, though]. Also, there's a Boss battle... I'll not get into details, but it's the best boss battle of the game.
Paper Mario doesn't do that. If the game is over, the character is [almost] dead. That makes me sad, because I'd like to see some of them returning.
[this talk reminds me of Geno...]

Anyways, I'd really like to see some Mario & Luigi content in Sm4sh...
Definitely!

Popple could be an Assist Trophy (I don't know what Fawful could do, there's so much to choose from, I'd rather he be a boss) that could do one of the following:

1: He pulls out a bag and starts throwing a bunch of Mushrooms (super and poison) and Bob-ombs, disappears after throwing items for 12 seconds.

2: He'll chase after a certain a player and try to ram them, if he succeeds, he'll deal 10% to 15% damage, and will throw a Mushroom at his summoner that will subtract damage from him/her, equal to the amount of damage he did to whoever he attacked. Also, if the player has less damage than the amount of damage the Mushroom would heal you for, you'll also grow giant for a short time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Btw, I remembered I made this some time ago. Basically, the final boss of SSB4's story mode (or whatever):

If Miis become playable, I always thought it would be funny if your Mii was the last boss in story mode. You know, the person you created was behind all the chaos all along. Not gonna happen, I know. But still, I'd be very amused.

I don't even know. But your Mii is evil! Eeeeviiiiil!

Honestly, seeing G&W and ROB's roles in the SSE, I actually wouldn't be surprised if this happens as an [evil] boss...though I mean not as extreme as in the pic.

Who knows... but I wouldn't mind if an adventure-like mode returns. :3
Is it bad that I could have seen something like this happening? :laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No Fawful in Dream Team? :c

Well, atleast there's Popple.

For those who have played the game, does it have Popple's battle music from SuperStar Saga? :grin:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Listening to the boss theme now. Exactly what I expected from the Mario and Luigi games.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It may be lacking certain iconic characters but a lot of people are saying that it's the funniest game in the series so far and that's pretty impressive since the humor in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga was downright legendary.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I don't know, the scene in BIS where they visit the doctor's office with fake illness was a great scene for Luigi. His fake heart attack or whatever followed by a small cough. :chuckle:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It may be lacking certain iconic characters but a lot of people are saying that it's the funniest game in the series so far and that's pretty impressive since the humor in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga was downright legendary.
I'll wait to see when it's released, but I'm betting it'll be hilarious.

I hope Luigi isn't too much of a wuss in this game though.

Superstar Saga: Single handedly owned Fawful multiple times, and beat a Piranha Plant monster on his own.

Bowser's Inside Story: Tries to chicken out of a fight with a germ, then gets owned by Starlow, and thus forced into fighting the prievously mentioned germ.

I'm still hoping to find Luigi to be awesome in this game, humor-wise, and he doesn't need to be a wuss to be funny. He just needs to be unlucky. :chuckle:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anyone wish there were more playable characters in the Mario and Luigi games? I like that Mario and Luigi are the core but I kind of wish they'd expand beyond 2 characters to break up some of the monotony.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why did you copy Fatmanonice's post? :confused:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Any particular reason why you just copied & pasted Famanonice's post?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Woah, wasn't expecting any Superstar Saga characters in Dream Team. (although I was hoping for some)

Antasma gives off some serious Cackletta vibes in the tutorial battle. (the bat attack)

Haven't seen the whole game, though.
A lot of people are saying that it's the funniest game in the series so far and that's pretty impressive since the humor in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga was downright legendary.

---
Speaking of Popple, I've sorta been wanting him to appear as an Assist Trophy in Smash.

I imagine he would run over and grab items out from your hands and use them against you. For example, if you were swinging a hammer/golden hammer, he'd snatch it and use it to pound you a few times.
"Like that, see?"

What would be cooler, though, is if Croco from SMRPG appeared with him. I assume he's Square property, though.

----

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Are you and Sharptooth (my nickname for Habanero) trying to start a fad?

vicgur

Smash Ace
Anyone wish there were more playable characters in the Mario and Luigi games? I like that Mario and Luigi are the core but I kind of wish they'd expand beyond 2 characters to break up some of the monotony.

It may sound a little cliche, but I'd like to see a Mario & Luigi in which the main gimmick is Peach doing stuff with them[Like PiT has the babies and BiS has Bowser]

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It may sound a little cliche, but I'd like to see a Mario & Luigi in which the main gimmick is Peach doing stuff with them[Like PiT has the babies and BiS has Bowser]
Yes. That'd be fun!

She could use an umbrella and turnips as weapons. She should also be able to use her Side Special from Melee in that game, and make sure the attack makes an explosion instead of creating hearts.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As painfully terrible Daisy is as a character, I'd love for there to be a M&L RPG where Peach and Daisy team up with the Mario Bros. The comedy would pretty much write itself as would Wario and Waluigi getting in on the action.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
As painfully terrible Daisy is as a character, I'd love for there to be a M&L RPG where Peach and Daisy team up with the Mario Bros. The comedy would pretty much write itself as would Wario and Waluigi getting in on the action.
This.

Just give me Bowser and Bowser Jr. and I'm set.

(theres another thing I would wish for, but the chance I think their chance is significantly lower than this)

vicgur

Smash Ace
are we talking about Dream Team ..... no one post any spoilers :(
Peach dies tragically and they must revive with a wish they get when they touch the Dream Coin.
The catch is, the Coin is inside a volcano, and only Bowser can get it, so they have to trick him into entering the lava waterfall and grabbing it. But Bowser wishes he was bigger, so he gets massive. This is the last boss. Giga Bowser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom