• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Samus and Link are being blasted off again.
Samus: Prepare for trouble.
Link: And make it double.
Samus: To protect the world from devastation.
Link: To unite all Smahers within this nation.
Samus: To denounce the evils of truth and love.
Link: To extend our reach to stars above.
Samus: Samus!
Link: Link!
Samus: Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light.
Link: Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Ridley: Ridley, that's right!

:troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait, so Samus and Link are a part of Team Rocket now?

What happened to Jessie and James? :confused:

Furthermore, where the heck are Meowth and Wobbuffet?
...Um, you're taking a joke overly serious. Nobody actually is replacing them, it's a joke upon KumaOso's joke about Link and Samus being blasted off in the daily picture.

Don't worry about it. :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And you're taking sarcasm overly serious.
Because Sarcasm is easy to read on the internet with a sad smiley. You know, one which actually makes it sound like you're serious?

If you wanted it to be easy as hell to read, use a smiley that actually works. I suggest a tongue or trollface, since they make it clear you're doing some kind of joke.

Otherwise, your entire point is :facepalm:-worthy.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Link has a green trail.
Rupees are green.
Rupees last appeared in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
Skyward Sword came out in 2011.
2 years before Prince George was boring.
Prince George was named are another George.
George is a character in The Chronicles of Narnia.
The Chronicles of Narnia was written in the same time period as Lord of the Rings.
The Lord of the Rings had Gandolf.
Gandolf was an inspiration for Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Obi-Wan Kenobi is in Star Wars.
Star Wars in 2013 was bought by Disney.
2013 is the key.
Disney also owns Marvel.
Marvel is releasing Thor in 2013.
Thor is inspired by Lord of the Rings.
Lord of the Rings is having a new movie come out this year.
This year is 2013.
2013 is the year Super Smash Bros. WiiU was first shown.
Super Smash Bros. WiiU is a video game on the WiiU.
The WiiU is white.
White like an iPod.
The Beatles made the White Album.
I have The Beatles on my iPod.
The Beatles were popular in the 60's.
The White Album was made in the 60's.
The 60's were followed by the 70's.
The 70's is when Pac-Man was made.
Pac-Man is the favorite character of Shigeru Miyamoto.
Shigeru Miyamoto helped Masahiro Sakurai become a developer.
3 minus 1 equals 2, which divided by 1 equals 2, which plus 0 equals 2.
The first (1) series Shigeru Miyamoto helped Masahiro Sakurai make was Kirby's Dreamland.
The second (2) series Shigeru Miyamoto helped Masahiro Sakurai make was Super Smash Bros.
3 minus 2 equals 1, which divided by 1 equals 1, which plus 0 equals 1.
The first game in the series was Super Smash Bros. for the N64.
Super Smash Bros. had characters.
One of the characters was Mario.
He is the first character.
You could play him in single-player modes.
There were single-player modes.
One of the single-player modes was Board the Platforms!
OH MY GOD GUYS!!!!
BOARD THE PLATFORMS CONFIRMED FOR SUPER SMASH BROTHERS WII U AND SUPER SMASH BROTHERS 3DS!!!
So...Half-life 3 confirmed?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Because Sarcasm is easy to read on the internet with a sad smiley. You know, one which actually makes it sound like you're serious?

If you wanted it to be easy as hell to read, use a smiley that actually works. I suggest a tongue or trollface, since they make it clear you're doing some kind of joke.

Otherwise, your entire point is :facepalm:-worthy.
I didn't see how my Team Rocket joke could be taken as serious, even with that smiley.

although, I realize you might just be messing with me this entire time.

Ah well, I'll use both trolls face esque emoticons and ones like what I used before next time I make such a joke.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I didn't see how my Team Rocket joke could be taken as serious, even with that smiley.

although, I realize you might just be messing with me this entire time.

Ah well, I'll use both trolls face esque emoticons and ones like what I used before next time I make such a joke.
I will be perfectly honest when I say it didn't even look like a joke to me. Yeah, sad smileys are generally used for more serious discussion, since they don't have a funny-based point to them like the troll or tongue does. Or even the "awesome" smiley.

I wasn't messing with you, I actually couldn't read the sarcasm. It's actually the sad smiley that made it the most serious(for me). Weirdly enough, actually typing out "sadface" tends to give a different message.

I will stand that Link and Samus would probably be a more interesting Team Rocket, if only because they actually are both better at winning against foes. :awesome: That, and both are actually badass on a regular basis, not once in a blue moon. :awesome:

Anyway, it's nice to see a picture that actually tells us more again.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I will be perfectly honest when I say it didn't even look like a joke to me. Yeah, sad smileys are generally used for more serious discussion, since they don't have a funny-based point to them like the troll or tongue does. Or even the "awesome" smiley.

I wasn't messing with you, I actually couldn't read the sarcasm. It's actually the sad smiley that made it the most serious(for me). Weirdly enough, actually typing out "sadface" tends to give a different message.

I will stand that Link and Samus would probably be a more interesting Team Rocket, if only because they actually are both better at winning against foes. :awesome: That, and both are actually badass on a regular basis, not once in a blue moon. :awesome:

Anyway, it's nice to see a picture that actually tells us more again.
Agreed, the new picture shows us something new, most of the pics we've seen so far are just random snapshots that could be taken by anyone when they play the game. (if that feature returns that is)

Link and Samus are still low tiers, Ash's Pikachu would own them. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the late responses... Just got back on my home PC haha...ha.

Phoenix is my fave fighter in MvC3 (well, actually tied with Amaterasu haha). Because of this, it's quite natural that I thought of her when I came up with my Roy moveset. I think she's definitely worth looking into, not only for Roy's sake, but just to get some general inspiration.

A basic move guide if you're curious.

Honestly, I think that Roy can easily "borrow" some of Phoenix's moves. Taken from the Wiki:

omg what's up with the grammar

For example, for Teleport, Roy could teleport in different directions depending on the input, immediately creating a fiery sword slash once he reappears. And I think Normals are pretty easy to envision. Just make Roy do flaming physical attacks with the SoS instead.

Don't worry, I'm not trying to force Roy onto you or anything. :laugh: I'm just trying to come up with some unique ideas.

I'm very curious about your moveset concepts haha. I'd love to see them once finished. :grin: Some of my concepts that I have are kinda similar to yours actually. How I sorta envision Roy (or should I say what I'd like him to be haha):

- Glass Cannon: Rushdown fighter using the SoS's fire projectiles for zoning capabilities = good at pressuring
- Strengths: raw damage output, speed, and extreme priority for some moves
- Weaknesses: high end-lag/cooldown for various moves (Standard, Aerials, Smashes), bad defences, ****ty recovery

I would like him to be a bit combo oriented as well. Though instead of "stabbing" my concept is that his swordplay puts more emphasis on the SoS's broadsword aspect, dealing heavy, powerful two-handed swings. But graciousness is cool too!

It's a shame I'm not expecting him to be fully revamped if he gets in though lololol!

:urg:

EDIT: OMG 1000th post! Whoop-dee-freakin'-doo.

Holy JESUS, what's with those combos?? hahahaha.

Anyway, I dig the ideas, there's a lot of cool things in that (though healing might be pushing it a little), you might get a PM from me in a couple days so we can work on a Roy moveset together, I like where you're going with that.

In fact, I've been meaning to do some movesets for characters lately, namely Zelda and Sheik/Impa.

Anyway, onto something off-topic.

This is for everyone who for whatever reason still hasn't gotten into One Piece (and for anyone into OP who wants to cry some manly tears), my brother sent it to me this morning:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Agreed, the new picture shows us something new, most of the pics we've seen so far are just random snapshots that could be taken by anyone when they play the game. (if that feature returns that is)
Yeah. It's pretty cool. I think item deaths might have no aura, and KO's caused by computers would give a gray coloring.

Link and Samus are still low tiers, Ash's Pikachu would own them. :troll:
64 Pikachu was somewhat blatantly based upon Ash's, so he already does. :awesome: Thunder Jolt being a clear remake of the version used in the Anime, a similar moveset, him being beyond overpowered... even some of his other A moves match that Pikachu's fighting style fairly well. Melee did away with a lot of it, though. Brawl didn't really seem to make any difference.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah. It's pretty cool. I think item deaths might have no aura, and KO's caused by computers would give a gray coloring.

64 Pikachu was somewhat blatantly based upon Ash's, so he already does. :awesome: Thunder Jolt being a clear remake of the version used in the Anime, a similar moveset, him being beyond overpowered... even some of his other A moves match that Pikachu's fighting style fairly well. Melee did away with a lot of it, though. Brawl didn't really seem to make any difference.
I think Pikachu is a bit easier to play in Brawl than in Melee, but that's just me though, it might just be because of the speed change.

Also, was Pikachu ever meant to be the mascot of Pokemon? Or did the company that made the anime just randomly (or for some other, not random reason) choose it to be Ash's Pokemon, and that's what gave it's popularity?

D

Deleted member

Also, last bit for today, but I just HAD to post this...

Two days late on this but.... SERIOUSLY?!?

Reznor

work in progress
I think Pikachu is a bit easier to play in Brawl than in Melee, but that's just me though, it might just be because of the speed change.

Also, was Pikachu ever meant to be the mascot of Pokemon? Or did the company that made the anime just randomly (or for some other, not random reason) choose it to be Ash's Pokemon, and that's what gave it's popularity?
Pikachu was picked because he was liked by both boys and girls equally
he was cute enough for the girls and cool enough for the boys

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pikachu indeed was pretty much meant to be the mascot of Pokémon. At first, it was Clefairy though, but they then decided on Pikachu. Probably cause he's less girly, or stands out more due to being yellow and an Electric type?

Anyways, 64 and Brawl Pikachu rule. Pika was quite well balanced in Melee however, but I just couldn't bear playing with him there. The B Air and F Air nerfs where probably the main reason for me to dislike Melee Pika.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Also, last bit for today, but I just HAD to post this...

Two days late on this but.... SERIOUSLY?!?

Just another reason why COD is screwing people over.

First, they cluelessly insult any game that doesn't use guns or blood or such, and now they're giving death threats to the people who MADE the game?

(sigh) Why is it impossible for people to simply enjoy COD and they also must freak out about simple, small changes to their game, and games they consider to be for kids only?

Of course, it's not just COD, theres still people who'll freak out that badly about any game.

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
COD players are the lowest tier of gamers, right up with competitive smashers ;)

Anyways, do you guys think Marth will be in the new Smash? I hope so.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pikachu's moveset wasn't much changed in Brawl, I mean, like it was from 64 to Melee. Obviously he got nerfed in Melee.

What happened is Pikachu got so freakin' popular that he was added to the Anime instead of Clefairy being Ash's first Pokemon. Of course, Clefairy and Pikachu do show some similarities between eachother. Both got a baby form later on, and both uses Stones to evolve. Also, you can even see Pikachu sometimes using a Double Slap-like move in the Anime. XD

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Someone threatened to kill their sister over Twitter if J. Cole didn't retweet them a little while ago, so I'm not really surprised by that

Deathconsciousness

lmao i downloaded it when it leaked on /mu/ and honestly it isn't that good, but anything is better than born sinner tbh. i really like black skinhead, and new slaves is quotable af. bound 2 is p nostalgic as well.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Pikachu's moveset wasn't much changed in Brawl, I mean, like it was from 64 to Melee. Obviously he got nerfed in Melee.

What happened is Pikachu got so freakin' popular that he was added to the Anime instead of Clefairy being Ash's first Pokemon. Of course, Clefairy and Pikachu do show some similarities between eachother. Both got a baby form later on, and both uses Stones to evolve. Also, you can even see Pikachu sometimes using a Double Slap-like move in the Anime. XD
I guess it's just the speed change then. I'm more adapted to Brawl's speed is all.

I never thought Clefairy and Pikachu could be compared like that before, but I'm glad to know about a few Pokemon facts I didn't know. Thanks!

COD fans acting immature whats new
Theres a difference between acting immature, and mentally ill.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I guess it's just the speed change then. I'm more adapted to Brawl's speed is all.

I never thought Clefairy and Pikachu could be compared like that before, but I'm glad to know about a few Pokemon facts I didn't know. Thanks!
I forget if many moves were changed up with different properties between Melee and Brawl's Pikachu moveset. I'm the wrong person to ask. XD And yeah, odd, right?

To be perfectly honest, I think it's usually the former than the latter for most fanbases.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Born Sinner is good, it's just more of a straightforward album than most hip hop albums out right now

I pretty much stopped caring for Kanye after 808s & Heartbreaks dropped, his beats are nice though

anyway this is off-topic

Reznor

work in progress

it's not really mentally ill its just kids trying to act tough on the internet

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I forget if many moves were changed up with different properties between Melee and Brawl's Pikachu moveset. I'm the wrong person to ask. XD And yeah, odd, right?

To be perfectly honest, I think it's usually the former than the latter for most fanbases.
Odd indeed.

It is usually the former, but in the case of the video above, it's the latter.

Deathconsciousness

Born Sinner is good, it's just more of a straightforward album than most hip hop albums out right now

I pretty much stopped caring for Kanye after 808s & Heartbreaks dropped, his beats are nice though

anyway this is off-topic
I agree this is off-topic, and I'll get back on topic soon after this, but have you listened to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy? That album is a work of art!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
it's not really mentally ill its just kids trying to act tough on the internet
I know, but the fact that anyone would think or have the guts to say that over such a thing just amazes me.

I can get pretty angry at gaming at times, but I'd never threaten someone because of it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I agree this is off-topic, and I'll get back on topic soon after this, but have you listened to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy? That album is a work of art!
Yeah, I have actually

Don't get me wrong, that was a really nice album and I like Kanye's penchant for being innovative, I just can't vibe with him like I used to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom